Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

In 2003, Sen. Umeh Rejected My N500 M To Work Against APGA - Barr. Obiokoye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 2003, Sen. Umeh Rejected My N500 M To Work Against APGA - Barr. Obiokoye (278 Views)

Wike Imposes Night Curfew In All Rivers LGA From 10.00 p.m. To 6.00 a.m. / Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In 2003, Sen. Umeh Rejected My N500 M To Work Against APGA - Barr. Obiokoye by Johnnyfansy: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2022
In 2003, Sen. Umeh rejected my N500 M to work against APGA - Barr. Obiokoye

By John Ndu

The Special Adviser to Governor Willie Obiano on Political Matters, Barr. Ifeatu Obiokoye has described the former National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress, APGA, Sen. Victor Umeh, as a trustworthy leader who will never betray the mandate given to him.

Obiokoye recalled how he offered N500 million to Senator Umeh to thwart the witness against Peter Obi, in 2003, but Umeh rejected.

"In 2003, while I was still in PDP, I was among the delegation that approached Chief Victor Umeh with offers of Five Hundred Million Naira (500,000,000), Deputy Governor and two commissioners' slots to discourage him from his efforts to unseat the then PDP governor in favour of Mr. Peter Obi of APGA but he rejected the offers outrightly and rather persisted more strongly.

"He was put in the dock as Star Witness (PW1) for APGA in Court and he gave testimonies of how Peter Obi won the election booth by booth and at the end, Judgment was delivered for APGA and Mr. Peter Obi became Governor of Anambra State.

"How many people can reject N500,000,000 offer today not to talk of far back as 2003? That's what Ohamadike did for APGA to survive"

Obiokoye stated this last Monday, while briefing newsmen on the need to return Senator Umeh to the Senate, to represent Anambra Central Senatorial District and become the voice of Igbo nation.

He noted this in an event at Ogidi, Idemili North local government area, in continuation of the ongoing Consultation Tour of the seven Local Governments in Anambra Central Senatorial District, being embarked by Senator Dr. Victor Umeh.

Obiokoye added further, "What we are talking about is Senate. Senate is not for beginners. Senate is not for learners! There are other positions (local government and House of Assembly) for beginners but not the Senate.

" For Senate, we need someone with a matured mind; who has the Igbo spirit and respected Igbo Voice, and that is why we are calling Senator Victor Umeh to go there and represent us.

" The work that Senator Victor Umeh is going to do in the Senate is enormous. He is not going there to represent Anambra Central alone but to once again speak Boldly and Courageously for ndị Igbo. That is why we must give him all our support" he concluded.

Similarly, the Secretary to the State Government, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu on his part recalled his experiences working with Senator Victor Umeh at various levels in the past, stressed that he (Senator Umeh) embodies the 'APGA Spirit' and can be very passionate and emotional in working for the Party to succeed.

He recalled how Senator Victor Umeh cried in his Compound on the 2nd of May 2021 when he hosted Prof Chukwuma Soludo and called on everyone to support Soludo for the Governorship of Anambra State. He said that Prof Soludo was the only one who can win the Election and keep APGA alive!

Prof Chukwulobelu regretted that for the first time, Senator Victor Umeh is having the Party's ticket being contested against him by some persons who have indicated interests within the Party but called on Party faithful, especially the delegates of Primary Election to use their votes wisely in the interest of APGA, Anambra Central and Igbo Nation in general.

Re: In 2003, Sen. Umeh Rejected My N500 M To Work Against APGA - Barr. Obiokoye by gaby(m): 8:13am On Mar 16, 2022
An idiot that should have been cooling off his heels in jail for open admittance of giving bribe...

And this one sef say him na lawyer.

Foolish people.

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: Amaechi Refused FEC Resolution To Represent N3.7bn Rail Security Memo / BREAKING] NIN: Bar Outgoing Calls From Unlinked Sims, FG Orders Telcos / No Society Can Be Developed Without The Media - Bishop Ante

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.