Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku (978 Views)

Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up / I Would Have Picked Obi Again As Running Mate – Atiku / Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has revealed why he rejected Bola Tinubu as running mate in 2007, when they were members of the Action Congress, AC.

Atiku disclosed that he rejected Tinubu as his running mate due to a set of conditions the presidential aspirant gave him.

He spoke during his meeting with the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja yesterday.

The PDP presidential aspirant explained that he settled for Ben Obi as his running mate due to the conditions Tinubu gave him.

According to Atiku: “When I joined the AC which my friend Bola set up, he gave me a set of conditions for giving me the ticket, that I should make him vice president.

“I said no, I’m not going to make you vice president, instead I took Senator Ben.”

The Waziri of Adamawa also noted that the PDP can’t afford to stay in the opposition for another eight years.

Atiku stressed that staying in the opposition for another eight years would lead to the death of the party.

“Another eight years of PDP in opposition may lead to the death of the party,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/16/presidency-why-i-rejected-bola-tinubu-as-running-mate-atiku/

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Tinubu and politics of "Nothing goes for Nothing".

Greedy man, No wonder Buhari discarded him like a piece of thrash

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by SmartProf(m): 8:49am On Mar 16, 2022
So Atiku wey Nigerians don dey reject been follow reject another person grin...the Lagos landlord has been so desperate that he is really unsettled like a woman in labour. Is that how he loves Nigeria or he just wants to fulfil a bet and upgrade his political CV. Nigerians should flush all these desperate thieves out.
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by nairavsdollars(f): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2022
Tinubu appears too desperate to me
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by EastisBae: 8:52am On Mar 16, 2022
Hahahaha, Tinubu is not even fit to be Atiku's running mate yet he is busy decieving his online urchins cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai, what an upper cut, Atiku did not even consider him worthy enough to serve as his Vice president grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2022
EastisBae:
Hahahaha, Tinubu is not even fit to be Atiku's running mate yet he is busy decieving his online urchins cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai, what an upper cut, Atiku did not even consider him worthy enough to serve as his Vice president grin grin grin grin
Tinubu urchins even said that he sacrificed the VP slot to Osibanjo
But it's all lies.

Buhari no agree accept Tinubu as his running mate
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by EastisBae: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu urchins even said that he sacrificed the VP slot to Osibanjo
But it's all lies.

Buhari no agree make Tinubu be his running mate

I just tire for the bigots campaigning for Tinubu.

I wonder what Tinubu has to offer Nigerians as a sick octogenarian.

He is physically unappealing!
Highly corrupt!
Promotes cronyism!
Has been kneeling on the neck of Lagos, Nigeria's economic capital since 1999!

After pocketing Lagos and ruling it like an emperor since 1999, he now want to use the money to bulldoze himself on all Nigerians and extend his empire nationwide.

Well, Nigerians are smarter than him and will deal with him decisively grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by LagosEmir: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2022
Chei this one is loud o
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Truthisunique3: 9:05am On Mar 16, 2022
grin grin it is always about himself and his stomach

He forced the same condition on Buhari even when it was against the equity of Muslim/Muslim ticket (Buhari was the one who ditched him not because Tinubu sacrificed sh.lt for osinbajo)
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Shetemi12(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2022
And the funniest part is both of you are not yet president of this nation.

And the best news is that Tinubu is the next president

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Truthisunique3: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2022
Shetemi12:

grin and it would continue to remain so

Only Yoruba Muslims support Tinubu, no sane person have joined this agenda of greed

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Shetemi12(m): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Tinubi name is the only way to get your news read by millions of people!

You get it

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Truthisunique3: 9:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Shetemi12:
Tinubi name is the only way to get your news read by millions of people!

You get it
grin yes we love to see him poop on his body

His ambition is the new free circus show

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 9:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Shetemi12:

See as Tinubu dey Waka like something wey wan fall

Chei grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2022
i think high profile politicians dey on top BAT matter. how he take gada plenty enemies is shocking cox dey say he's a great man manager, political strategist & a bridge builder.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Salvador1: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2022
We patriotic Nigerians will reject him in 2023.

Tinubu is a cankerworm being reject by all even Atiku.
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2022
Salvador1:
We patriotic Nigerians will reject him in 2023.

Tinubu is a cankerworm being reject by all even Atiku.

Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 9:32am On Mar 16, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Throwback: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2022
Where is the news in this tale?

I was waiting to see the set of conditions, instead I saw a rehash of what is already known that Tinubu provided Atiku a platform to run and his plan to be his deputy was not actualized.
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by colestephan86: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has revealed why he rejected Bola Tinubu as running mate in 2007, when they were members of the Action Congress, AC.

Atiku disclosed that he rejected Tinubu as his running mate due to a set of conditions the presidential aspirant gave him.

He spoke during his meeting with the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja yesterday.

The PDP presidential aspirant explained that he settled for Ben Obi as his running mate due to the conditions Tinubu gave him.

According to Atiku: “When I joined the AC which my friend Bola set up, he gave me a set of conditions for giving me the ticket, that I should make him vice president.

“I said no, I’m not going to make you vice president, instead I took Senator Ben.”

The Waziri of Adamawa also noted that the PDP can’t afford to stay in the opposition for another eight years.

Atiku stressed that staying in the opposition for another eight years would lead to the death of the party.

“Another eight years of PDP in opposition may lead to the death of the party,” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/16/presidency-why-i-rejected-bola-tinubu-as-running-mate-atiku/

Your answer is in 2023.
Re: Presidency: Why I Rejected Bola Tinubu As Running Mate - Atiku by Mynd44: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2022

(1)

Watch Out For Open And Subtle Attack On Buhari's Government, By SW. / Awka City Tour: See What Awka Currently Looks Like / Companies Producing Metal Roofs For Yorubas While Igbo Live In Huts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.