Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme (4236 Views)

Diezani: Three More Ex-ministers Risk Arrest For Graft, Money Laundering / Tompolo Hails Buhari On Amnesty Programme Boss Appointment / More Ex-Govs To Be Arrested This Week - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by apoti(m): 12:53am On Jul 01, 2011
SPECIAL Assistant to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Kingsley Kuku, yesterday said 26,358 former militants who accepted the Federal Government’s amnesty programme were given official recognition under the ongoing rehabilitation scheme.

Kuku made the announcement in Abuja at an orientation course for 176 former militants who are to proceed for training on pipeline welding and marine engineering at Seina Marine in South Africa.

He said the ongoing disarmament exercise in the Niger Delta was illegal and had nothing to do with the presidential proclamation being handled by the Amnesty Office.

Kuku declared that as far as the Federal Government was concerned, the disarmament programme conducted by the presidential committee on amnesty had been concluded on May 25.

He urged the Joint Task Force (JTF) to stop the purported disarmament exercise currently going on in the region in order to avoid disruption of the amnesty programme.

His words: “When amnesty was proclaimed on June 25, 2009 only 20,192 persons complied with the presidential directive. An additional list of 6,166 beneficiaries was registered later.

“For me, amnesty has ended in the Niger Delta. Only 26,358 persons accepted the amnesty and they are they ones recognised by the Federal Government.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52980:no-room-for-more-ex-militants-on-amnesty-programme&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2011
who doesn't want to go for overseas training course in a field relevant to the oil and gas industry?with the likely possibility the FG will twist-arm the oil and gas multinational into employing them,
abeg, more 'militants' need to 'declare' lipsrsealed smiley
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Jul 01, 2011
26 000 criminals getting paid monthly stipends, and educated for free??
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Abi o.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by OAM4J: 2:59am On Jul 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Welcome back Kobojunkie! Where you go since?

Abi you don get invite for your share of the national cake ni? grin
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 01, 2011
OAM4J:

Dont scare her away sha. I dey watch you grin
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by OAM4J: 3:03am On Jul 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dont scare her away sha. I dey watch you grin

Since when this your love for kobo start sef? grin

Am watching you too o grin
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Musiwa42: 3:14am On Jul 01, 2011
well, do you blame them, is the north who dont contribute anything, not enjoying and sending their children from the money.

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2009/10/abuja-7.jpg?w=471&h=449&h=351[/img]

Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by apoti(m): 3:55am On Jul 01, 2011
Becomerich is here  angry cry
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Jul 01, 2011
OAM4J:

I wish. If I do get an invite, believe me when I tell you that I will leave nothing when I waka! The way I dey see that country so . . . I am more convinced now than ever that nigerians surely do NEED to be dealt with, by those they have in leadership, in the way they continue to be. I do hope the turning point happens sometime in the near future or else this 4th(or is it third) most populated country in the world is in for a sadder reality.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Hardeyorlah(f): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2011
Nd wat abt d boko haram,r dey given amnesty too
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Mtnaija(f): 6:12am On Jul 01, 2011
This impostor claiming to be Musiwa is very irritating and plain stuupid.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by OAM4J: 6:23am On Jul 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I wish. If I do get an invite, believe me when I tell you that I will leave nothing when I waka! The way I dey see that country so . . . I am more convinced now than ever that nigerians surely do NEED to be dealt with, by those they have in leadership, in the way they continue to be. I do hope the turning point happens sometime in the near future or else this 4th(or is it third) most populated country in the world is in for a sadder reality.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Gbenge77(m): 8:10am On Jul 01, 2011
apoti:

SPECIAL Assistant to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Kingsley Kuku, yesterday said 26,358 former militants who accepted the Federal Government’s amnesty programme were given official recognition under the ongoing rehabilitation scheme.

Kuku made the announcement in Abuja at an orientation course for 176 former militants who are to proceed for training on pipeline welding and marine engineering at Seina Marine in South Africa.

He said the ongoing disarmament exercise in the Niger Delta was illegal and had nothing to do with the presidential proclamation being handled by the Amnesty Office.

Kuku declared that as far as the Federal Government was concerned, the disarmament programme conducted by the presidential committee on amnesty had been concluded on May 25.

He urged the Joint Task Force (JTF) to stop the purported disarmament exercise currently going on in the region in order to avoid disruption of the amnesty programme.

His words: “When amnesty was proclaimed on June 25, 2009 only 20,192 persons complied with the presidential directive. An additional list of 6,166 beneficiaries was registered later.

“For me, amnesty has ended in the Niger Delta. Only 26,358 persons accepted the amnesty and they are they ones recognised by the Federal Government.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52980:no-room-for-more-ex-militants-on-amnesty-programme&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
"Owo baba ijebu" for the boys.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by dustydee: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2011
I think the govt should take care of all her citizens.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Bensonite: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2011
This is an old news and should not be discussed further. We dealt with this topic about three weeks ago. Moderator please delete.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by gungume: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2011
enough of all this selfish treatment!! It is only in nigeria that criminal is brought to dialoge.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by achaboi(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2011
abegi some dey carry banger go submit say na arms embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by gaffer: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2011
80% Wealth of Nigeria comes from this region Called Niger Delta, they derseved to be treated well, develop their community and states. Good innovation Mr President. cool
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by Musiwa42: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2011
95% of northerners with a university degree went on the suffering of the south.  this is our history.

This is Port harcourt,

Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by moshmusth(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2011
26,000+ militants were sent abroad to furnish their knowledge in terrorism let the truth be told these administration are clueless, what will be come of boko haram when they can't be incapacitated by the so called teanm gej put together to hunt them down, would they be denied Amnesty??before the discovery inj 9ija delta,the main sources of revenue then was Agriculture and the northeners were known as agricultural people tell me na where the northeners bomb or vandalize then before the boom of oil
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by paulpaul(m): 11:31am On Jul 01, 2011
Excellent summary, bookmarked the site for hopes to see more!
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by omo9ja1(m): 11:44am On Jul 01, 2011
well if that will make the deal, so that the oil production will not be disturb so be it smiley I dom tire for 9ja style
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by mallorca(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

i wept for this nation cry cry cry cry
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by ak47mann(m): 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2011
Musiwa,.:

well, do you blame them, is the north who dont contribute anything, not enjoying and sending their children from the money.

[img]http://babajidesalu.files./2009/10/abuja-7.jpg?w=471&h=449&h=351[/img]

grin grin grin again and again i tireoooo your name supposed to be LORD MUSIWA LUGARD tongue tongue tongue
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by dayokanu(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2011
When would they extend this to other law breakers like Boko Haram?
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by odumchi: 12:23am On Jul 02, 2011
Mend aren't law breakers, they are freedom fighters unlike BH.

They are simply freedom fighters fighting for the preservation of their land and their people and I support them for that. Our region produces 90% of Nigerias yet but yet the people of the Niger Delta are suffering the most among Nigerians. The North does not comprehend the severity of the matter they only complain when something disrupts oilflow in the oil pipelines from the South.
Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by puskin: 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
Former gun wielding individuals are now going to become professionals in the oil and gas industry. . . . . . indeed only in Nigeria does crime pay.

Former militants are now earning more than teachers. . . . .and even look @ the posh hotels they are lodged in different cities in the Niger delta.

Don't cry for me Nigeria. . . . . cry cry cry

Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by becomrichv: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
this is bayelsa state

Re: No Room For More Ex-militants On Amnesty Programme by becomrichv: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
bayelsa state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi House Of Assembly Impeach Speaker Nwankwo: Justified? / Fg In Dilemma Over Restructuring Of Public Service / Peter Obi Peddled A Lie,he Looted The State Fund-obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.