Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:32 AM

If He Marries Another Woman... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If He Marries Another Woman... (3916 Views)

Apostle Peter Tom Udofia Marries 18-Year-Old Choir Member (Photos) / Prophet Evidence Chikason Divorces His Wife, Marries Choir Mistress In Delta / LEAKED: Pastor David Spotted Eating Another Woman's A*s And Va*ina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
grin
Same people worldwide that haven't sanctioned Israel for killing Palestinians and grabbing their lands for over 70yrs.
You agree Muslims are terrorist BUT you never call USA, Russia and their allies terrorists for their crimes/invasions especially in the middle east, Libya, Iraq, etc.
When it concerns Muslims you guys are wild!
But you are now feeling the heat but you want Justice!

This is why i wish you acquire wisdom because our preaching and teaching is against all forms of terrorist activities but we won't attack anyone who chose to go with force for force.
We are not happy with anyone carrying weapons against his fellowman no matter what you claim you are! smiley

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Image123(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
AntiChristian:

I have no problems with marrying two wives. I am just proving it to be Biblical, not against it.

It's okay in the Old testament.
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Broveens42(m): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Image123:

It's okay in the Old testament.

This passage clearly proves that biblical jesus is not interested in how many partners you had on earth grin
ie. once you die, it's just like a new page for all you religious folk

Matthew 22:24-33
24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died.
28 NOW THEN, AT THE RESURRECTION, WHOSE WIFE WILL SHE BE OF THE SEVEN, SINCE ALL OF THEM WERE MARRIED TO HER?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you DO NOT KNOW THE SCRIPTURE or the power of God.
30 At the RESURRECTION people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you,
32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Broveens42:

This passage clearly proves that biblical jesus is not interested in how many partners you had on earth grin
ie. once you die, it's just like a new page for all you religious folk

Matthew 22:24-33
24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died.
28 NOW THEN, AT THE RESURRECTION, WHOSE WIFE WILL SHE BE OF THE SEVEN, SINCE ALL OF THEM WERE MARRIED TO HER?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you DO NOT KNOW THE SCRIPTURE or the power of God.
30 At the RESURRECTION people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you,
32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

The New Testament teaches that there are limitations in service for those that have more than one.
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Idaytesj29(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The laws can't make them perfect but to guide the Israelites until the Messiah (Christ) comes, unlike Moses who presented the laws and failed to live perfectly by it.
Jesus laid down perfect principles and lived by it.
So Jehovah gave the Israelites the laws to guide them until the coming of the perfect master (Christ) smiley

Jesus Christ did not marry any wife, not to talk of two wives. He did not have children by any record. So, he could not be said to have lived by the law or be a perfect example as far as that law is concerned.

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Jesus Christ did not marry any wife, not to talk of two wives. He did not have children by any record. So, he could not be said to have lived by the law or be a perfect example as far as that law is concerned.

That's not how to evaluate the Messiah, he speaks concerning what he never taught by example.
So both his words and actions are laws to his followers! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MiddleDimension: 5:52am On Dec 27, 2022
AntiChristian:
If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.
Exodus 21:10

Yahweh makes laws protecting the First wife & previous wives here.
Note that this verse comes only 22 verses AFTER the 7th Commandment ("Thou shalt not commit adultery"wink in Exodus 20:14.

Moses wrote all these yet he still married two wives.

And Moses had a high holy Spirit level in Numbers 11:25

Thank you so much
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MiddleDimension: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well no imperfect man fulfilled the highlighted that's why all polygamous homes recorded in the Bible had serious issues.
Abraham was advised by his barren wife Sarah to sleep with her slave he didn't purposely got married to another woman until Sarah's death. Isaac married only Rebecca and Jacob married Leah and Rachel due to the trick of Laban.
So none of the patriarchs purposely got a second wife! smiley

which issue did they have and show me that it is because of polygamy that they had that issue
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MiddleDimension: 5:59am On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well no imperfect man fulfilled the highlighted that's why all polygamous homes recorded in the Bible had serious issues.
Abraham was advised by his barren wife Sarah to sleep with her slave he didn't purposely got married to another woman until Sarah's death. Isaac married only Rebecca and Jacob married Leah and Rachel due to the trick of Laban.
So none of the patriarchs purposely got a second wife! smiley

Abraham did not have a polygamous home. He had one wife at a time and a concubine.

The truth is: the people in the bible that had more than one wife fulfilled that obligation, How did you know they did not fulfil it? because you don't support polygamy is the reason another person did not fulfil his marital obligations in to his wives?
And stop with you fruitless campaign against polygamy already. whether or not they married more than one wife willingly or not, that does not mean polygamy is not a valid marital institution. it is very much like saying a man accidentally got a lady pregnant and he then chose to marry her, therefore monogamy is bad.

your god himself said HE GAVE DAVID MORE WIVES, AND IF THAT WERE NOT ENOUGH, HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM MORE.

2 Likes

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MiddleDimension: 6:02am On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The laws can't make them perfect but to guide the Israelites until the Messiah (Christ) comes, unlike Moses who presented the laws and failed to live perfectly by it.
So Jehovah gave the Israelites the laws to guide them until the coming of the perfect master (Christ) smiley

EVEN WHEN JESUS CAME, HE HONOURED AND RESPECTED POLYGAMY AS A VALID CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE. SO, WHAT'S YOUR POINT AGAIN?

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by sonmvayina(m): 8:18am On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where did you get that idea from ?
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

Where did you get that idea from ?

Genesis 49:10
Deuteronomy 18:15-18
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19am On Dec 27, 2022
MiddleDimension:

EVEN WHEN JESUS CAME, HE HONOURED AND RESPECTED POLYGAMY AS A VALID CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE. SO, WHAT'S YOUR POINT AGAIN?

Polygamy began with a killer called lamech in the Bible but the standard God set (in the beginning) is ONE Adam ONE Eve! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by sonmvayina(m): 10:55am On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Genesis 49:10
Deuteronomy 18:15-18

Hennnn??

Seriously?

What do you see there that I can't see?

Where does it say jesus is coming to change God's laws?

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

Hennnn??

Seriously?

What do you see there that I can't see?

Where does it say jesus is coming to change God's laws?

Who is SHILOH to who people will gather? Genesis 49:10

And who is the prophet to whom all the people must listen? Deuteronomy 18:18 smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by sonmvayina(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who is SHILOH to who people will gather? Genesis 49:10

And who is the prophet to whom all the people must listen? Deuteronomy 18:18 smiley

Who was the subject of those passages...

?
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

Who was the subject of those passages..

Those passages were talking about the future so it's about Jesus of Nazareth! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by sonmvayina(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Those passages were talking about the future so it's about Jesus of Nazareth! smiley

If I call you a dummy you will be angry..

But you are a dummy.

Moses was addressing the people in front of him...he was referring to Joshua who took them into the promised land...
If it is going to happen 1000 years later, why should it concern them ?
Mr max, there is no jesus in the old testament,..Christianity is not derived from Judaism...
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by KnownUnknown: 1:18am On Dec 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

But you are a dummy.

Moses was addressing the people in front of him...he was referring to Joshua who took them into the promised land...
Mr max, there is no jesus in the old testament,..Christianity is not derived from Judaism...

ABRAHAM, Jacob, Moses, King David, and King Solomon in all his splendour, never existed, a 15-year study of archaeological evidence has concluded.

The study - by Professor Thomas Thompson, one of the world's foremost authorities on biblical archaeology - says that the first 10 books of the Old Testament are almost certainly fiction, written between 500 and 1,500 years after the events they purport to describe.

Professor Thompson's claims, outlined in a new book, The Early History of the Israelite People, are being taken seriously by scholars.

The British Museum's leading expert on the archaeology of the Holy Land, Jonathan Tubb, said last week: 'Professor Thompson may well be right in many of his arguments. His book is a work of tremendous scholarship. He has been meticulous in his research, and brave in expressing what many of us have thought intuitively for a long time but have been reticent in saying.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/leading-archaeologist-says-old-testament-storeis-are-fiction-1500431.html?amp

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2022
sonmvayina:

But you are a dummy.

How can your words make me angry when it's obvious that you know nothing about God's word?

Present those worshiping your God: you can't

What is the name of your religion? No answer

Who sent you to talk about the God of Israel? Nobody

What about the gods of your own land? You say they're better to be worshiped yet you keep talking about TORAH which has nothing to do with your own gods.

Ọmọ your confusion is a chronic disorder joh! cheesy
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Aemmyjah(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

How can your words make me angry when it's obvious that you know nothing about God's word?

Present those worshiping your God: you can't

What is the name of your religion? No answer

Who sent you to talk about the God of Israel? Nobody

What about the gods of your own land? You say they're better to be worshiped yet you keep talking about TORAH which has nothing to do with your own gods.

Ọmọ your confusion is a chronic disorder joh! cheesy

Very chronic my dear
Like a blind person arguing there's nothing like microorganisms simply because he can't see them, smell them or hear them. It's hopeless to convince such one

1 Like

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Very chronic my dear
Like a blind person arguing there's nothing like microorganisms simply because he can't see them, smell them or hear them. It's hopeless to convince such one

What really baffles me is how he's here trying to teach people the ancient laws of a nation when his own nation has modern day laws yet nobody as in NOBODY sent him. cheesy
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Lukuluku69(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Polygamy began with a killer called lamech in the Bible but the standard God set (in the beginning) is ONE Adam ONE Eve! smiley

Quit babbling!

Quit babbling you no go hear.

Sarah gave Hajar to Abraham to wife says the Bible.

Moses had two

David had many

Solomon had many.

In the world today, there is an excess of women that crave companionship, what plan do you and Yahweh have in place for them?

To babble Sha dey hungry you.
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Quit babbling!

Moses had two

David had many

Solomon had many.

In the world today, there is an excess of women that crave companionship, what plan do you and Yahweh have in place for them?

God gave us the standard of perfection which is be perfect as these 3 men Noah,(one wife) Job (one wife) and Daniel (no wife).
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2022
ONE Adam=ONE Eve! smiley

Lukuluku69:

Quit babbling!

Moses had two

David had many

Solomon had many.

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Aemmyjah(m): 9:39am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
ONE Adam=ONE Eve! smiley

Did Moses had two wives!
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Did Moses had two wives!

Never!
But that's what we were taught in Islam until i learned the truth! smiley
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Lukuluku69(m): 9:52am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
ONE Adam=ONE Eve! smiley

Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.
And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.
-- Genesis 16:1-3
KJV Holy Bible

During Adam time there was only one man and one woman, when they multiplied, what was the plan of Yahweh for the excess?
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2022
ONE Adam = ONE Eve
In places where men outnumbered their women what is the plan of your Allah?
Lukuluku69:

Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.
And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.
And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.
-- Genesis 16:1-3
KJV Holy Bible
During Adam time there was only one man and one woman, when they multiplied, what was the plan of Yahweh for the excess?

Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Aemmyjah(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Never!
But that's what we were taught in Islam until i learned the truth! smiley

Wow
Thanks
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Lukuluku69(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

God gave us the standard of perfection which is be perfect as these 3 men Noah,(one wife) Job (one wife) and Daniel (no wife).

I am not to disposed to engage you because in a little while now, you will start calling people Devil's child.

Lol. Noah standard of perfection? The same Noah your Bible claimed had sex with his own Daughters?

Daniel? No wife? Why then do you crave marriage when your perfection didn't marry?

Abraham married 3 Times, Moses the one that brought the Laws had TWO wives under his roof, David Yahweh first child and a begotten of Yahweh had many and Solomon had how many?

Until you guys study Islam and it Teachings about Marriage, you will continue to grope in the Dark.
Re: If He Marries Another Woman... by Lukuluku69(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
ONE Adam = ONE Eve
In places where men outnumbered their women what is the plan of your Allah?

Please state the places where Men outnumbered Women.

It is a known fact that in the world today, Women outnumber Men.

So, tell Nairaland Yahweh plan for Companionship that he enjoined on Adam and Eve to go multiply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marian Apparitions: Divine Or Demonic? / OPINION:Why I Advise Bornagain To Choose Celebacy To Marriage / Islam Concept Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.