Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? (12494 Views)

NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator / My Mother Is Pressurizing Me To Redeploy Home. Please Help / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Obalexy: 2:05am On Mar 19, 2022
I never regretted my decision of remaining back in Kano. I was opportuned to serve at 3 brigade barracks. The connections I made there have continued to pave way for me till now

3 Likes

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LoyalRoyal095(m): 2:38am On Mar 19, 2022
Bro. I'm in the same predicament.
Born and Bred in the SouthEast.
Attended Uni in the SouthWest.
And NYSC decided to throw me to Kano.

I'm sceptical, I plan on redeploying. But then,I've seen people on various threads speak highly about Kano, once you respect their religion and culture which I intend to do.

If I get a good PPA within Sabon-Gari, Nassarawa and Fegge axis, I might just stay in Kano.

So basically, anyone that can help. Or can advise me on what to do. I'll appreciate. Pm me
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LoyalRoyal095(m): 2:40am On Mar 19, 2022
Obalexy:
I never regretted my decision of remaining back in Kano. I was opportuned to serve at 3 brigade barracks. The connections I made there have continued to pave way for me till now

I'm about to embark on this journey to the unknown due to NYSC. If you can be of assistance during my time in Kano. I'll really appreciate.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LoyalRoyal095(m): 2:46am On Mar 19, 2022
Olamhen:
Don't mind most of these guys giving you negative reply about north or kano, most of them I've never been to the north. I'm currently in kano and I've been here for about 4 years. I moved here after my nysc in bauchi which is 4 hours journey from kano. Bauchi was one of the state that suffered from the hand of boko haram when it all started but through out my 1+ in buachi everything went very fine with not a single security challenge. So don't let anything or anyone deceive or confuse you with any ignorant comment here. Kano is the best state in the north when it comes to comerce, just see kano like the Lagos of the north or the aba of the east. If you have the intention of establishing a business or thinking of a cheap cost of living then think of kano. Except for the house rent which is somehow expensive but still affordable because it still depends on the area.
One thing is that you just respect yourself when it comes to religion. Do your own and let them do their. There are areas like sabon Geri or badawa or brigade where you will see majority of southerners. In fact if you enter sabon Geri you won't believe you're in the north.
So in a north shell� you're welcome to the north, come and explore and I bet you, you won't want to go back to the east. I have igbo padi here that we work together he's from enugu and we role together wella no kasala

Good news finally. I've also been posted to Kano state from the SouthEast.
If you can help a jjc like me, I'd be immensely appreciative.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LoyalRoyal095(m): 2:58am On Mar 19, 2022
IamAtikulate:
Nothing wrong with Kano.

You might even fall in love with the state if you serve with all your mind. Hausas are not what we think of them in the East.

The problem is not even Kano, the problem is getting to Kano from the East.

The road is NOT SAFE.

ABUJA TO ZARIA road is now something else. Please use Ifeanyichukwu, Welfare or Landstar if you can't afford a flight.

I love North and I loving visiting them, but anything that will make me run through that road is a hell no.

If you must redeploy, it should be because of that road, but if you have the mind to see it through, you might end up a millionaire if you open your eyes to the opportunities there.

It's easier to become a millionaire hustling in the North than any part of the South, Lagos inclusive.

I love Kano.

It made me and several other forward thinking umudiala (Igbos) millionaires.

If you must serve in Kano, leave the towns and go for the villages. It's where the money is.

The locals will make you love Hausas not the city dwellers.

Ha! And I'm going by road. God be with me.
By the way,you're the first person I've seen espousing going to the villages as opposed to the city in Kano.
If as you say, the village fosters wealth and prosperity better than the city. I wouldn't mind. But then....
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by LoyalRoyal095(m): 3:02am On Mar 19, 2022
Born2conquer:
Lol, I've been in KANO since July last year for NYSC too and it's pretty good.

I will like to share some things with you though, if you feel like redeploying, apply for the redeployment on camp, collect the form and fill it

2)If you don't want to redeploy but will like to be posted to the city, be active with activities on camp, join OBS or the brigade team and above all, be close to your platoon leader and let him know yoh will like to be posted to sabon gari, Nassarawa or Fagae and co.

3)There is another method I can't share publicly.

Above all, kano is okay

Could I privately share the third method.
I sent you a PM btw
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by ginabarry(f): 6:44am On Mar 19, 2022
Go there for camping and redeploy
I was posted to katsina state before I was redeploy to Abia state
Just go and get experience about the northerns
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Terrinike(m): 6:56am On Mar 19, 2022
I servers and stay in Kano, it is one of the most peaceful state you can consider staying
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Deicide: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2022
ginabarry:
Go there for camping and redeploy
I was posted to katsina state before I was redeploy to Abia state
Just go and get experience about the northerns
What excuse did you use for redeployment?
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Yaks02(m): 7:11am On Mar 19, 2022
emmabest2000:

Adamu wey no fit speaks hausa language abi

Kano no get issues

1 Like

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Paretomaster1(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2022
jmoore:
My sister was posted to Kaduna. She went there, filled the redeployment form. She has been redeployed to Ebonyi state.

Ignorance, Kaduna to Ebonyi ? it's like leaving New York for Somalia.... Eheheheh...
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by West2019(m): 8:13am On Mar 19, 2022
if Kano is not okay for you try borno State
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by latmukd: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2022
Kano is a good place. I served there.

I'm optimistic you won't regret serving there.

Don't listen to all those negative statements. We all have good and bad sides.

Good luck!

PS: Try keep your negative thoughts about the north aside.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by DerichMcFalzy: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2022
Kano is a very good place to stay.the weather is fair.cost of living is ok.and trust me u will enjoy every bit of it cz I'm currently their on an official duty.i'm really enjoying my stay especially around that Challawa/pansekara side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Vectorbozz234: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
I have lived in the Southeast for basically all my life so I know almost nothing about life in the north.

I need advice on the state of security in Kano and any other things I should know about the state and society. Thanks.

No redeploy go anywhere. Kano is very very nice and beautiful. Am currently serving in katsina state and d place is okay... The security too is okay.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Tolase1999(m): 9:23am On Mar 19, 2022
Don't redeploy oooh.
Kano is well okay, only few state can drag with Kano in terms of Amenities, the cost of leaving is very low compare to southern state .
You will enjoy Kano well , I promise
Am schooling in Kano. Bayero University Kano to be precise
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by kingsmaila(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2022
Kano is a good place to serve. I advise you don't relocate as the state is peacefu with alot of business and employment opportunities. I reside in kano.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by funkemary(f): 9:45am On Mar 19, 2022
Don't redeploy. I was also posted to Kano and so far I can say the place is nice. Transportation and food stuffs are cheap. The only thing is that you should not expect any stipend from the state government
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by jmoore(m): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2022
Paretomaster1:

Ignorance, Kaduna to Ebonyi ? it's like leaving New York for Somalia.... Eheheheh...
You are still a kid that was born today

Go and ask ElRufai the governor of Kaduna state why he withdrew his son from public school.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by ArewaNorth: 10:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Franking:

My brother, go and stay in Kano and Jigawa na. The north is not for me. I don't care how safe or peaceful Kano is now, we all know it's the peace of the graveyard.

Just like ur human abattoir zone!
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Blissp99(f): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2022
Go for the camp exercise
Then you redeploy after 3 weeks

I camped in Kaduna and redeployed to akwaibom
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by DavidKajo94(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2022
I bet you, kano is one of the best places to serve nigeria. It's ws my first choice back then in 2018, unfortunately I was posted to niger instead
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by KingMack(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Kano make sense..I wish I was still in Kano would have given you a tour bt nevertheless I'll be visiting Kano next month.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by chicalle(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2022
Am serving there at the moment, Kano is not bad
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Gmekx(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

Dont let anyone deceive you. I was deployed to Kano too in July last year. It was fun. Kano is safe. One of the safest states in the North.

Please go with an open mind and enjoy yourself
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Paretomaster1(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
jmoore:

You are still a kid that was born today

Go and ask ElRufai the governor of Kaduna state why he withdrew his son from public school.

And you r metusella abi.... Don't ever Compare Kaduna to any of your shit**le
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by jmoore(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
Paretomaster1:

And you r metusella abi.... Don't ever Compare Kaduna to any of your shit**le
Ebonyi is million times safer than Kaduna.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by petite626: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2022
majorly.................
don't walk late at night
avoid religious/political discussions
dress decent avoid alcohol publicly(if u take)
do ur work at PPA well (dont go and overdo ooooo)
learn the greetings
don't let people know u are new there
just know what ever u came with you will be oppressed in kano even if u are hushpuppi so be as simple as possible
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by Paretomaster1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
jmoore:

Ebonyi is million times safer than Kaduna.

Lie....... Hotbed of terrorists...
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by jmoore(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Paretomaster1:

Lie....... Hotbed of terrorists...
Oh I forgot, bandits are just business men. Now I get it.
Re: I Was Posted To Kano, Should I Redeploy? by IamAtikulate: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
LoyalRoyal095:

Ha! And I'm going by road. God be with me.
By the way,you're the first person I've seen espousing going to the villages as opposed to the city in Kano.
If as you say, the village fosters wealth and prosperity better than the city. I wouldn't mind. But then....
I have been to Kano City, Zaria, Kaduna town, Katsina town but those city dwellers are not as nice as those rural dwellers.

The rural dwellers can go any length to make you happy and they love corp members. The city dwellers have this resentment for Igbos unlike the rural dwellers.

Again most for the riots are in their towns, and rarely happen in the villages.

You will also see the agricultural opportunities in the villages and not in the town.

Believe me if you want to enjoy North West, go to their villages, be friendly and leave their girls alone.

But if you are going for their girls, better go to the cities, but you will lose out at the economic opportunities.

Many of my friends who served with me in the North are still there.

The gain is always greater than the risk.

My only problem is the ABUJA to ZARIA road. During our time it used to be ABUJA to Kaduna but insecurity has extended even into Zaria town.

Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Government Increases Corps Members Allowances / Two Corpers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Kano / Igbo Corper Narrates Her Experience While She Served In Ogun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.