Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! (145 Views)

ICT Centre Hon Dozie Nwankwo Of APGA Built In Anambra State(photos) / Buhari: My Government Will Rid Nigeria Of Bandits, Terrorists, Criminals / 3 In 1 Flyover Built In Kano By Governor Ganduje (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! by sammyscholar(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
HOW THE NIGERIA OF OUR DREAM WAS BUILT IN A DREAM!

"Member of the Executive Council, from today, the administration of our beloved nation would be run with a different mindset," I declared as I presided over the first FEC meeting of our administration.

"We must own up to our failures, and everything we have not gotten right. This is time to build our country by being responsible, dutiful and committed. No room for excuses!" I continued.

"Yes! Yes! Speak on, Mr. President," the house chorused.

"We must overhaul our institutions and ensure that going forward, each of them delivers on its mandate. And this it must to the utmost. Yes, our institutions must begin to work!"

"Strength of character has almost become alien to many Nigerians. We must devise every possible means to restore it. Until we have a morally-sound populace, it will be hard to have responsible, dutiful people to man our institutions. It will equally be hard to have masses who are noble and law-abiding."

"Ultimately, the core of our development will require massive innovation. Yes, it is on the strength of our innovation that industrialization that we so crave can happen! Thus, we have to harness and commercialize the ingenuity of every Nigerian."

A Series of discussions followed. And soon, our meeting ended. Every Executive member left with hope, energy, and a new paradigm. It was the dawn of a new era!

Four years after, we were having our last FEC meeting. Things have happened fast! Diverse investments have made incursion into the country. Businesses sprang up across all the states. Innovations, fostered by infrastructure and friendly policies, have boosted local production. Nigeria has increased its share of global trade and is also now championing research and development in cleaner energy, technology, agriculture, and production.

The positive effect of all our effort had cascaded down to every man and woman on the street. There are job and business opportunities, with easy access to essential amenities. People's rights are now protected and justice is served as and when due. Nigeria has not only transformed but has also attained enviable status in the community of nations!

Looking at all of this, I passed a light grin. I felt so accomplished! I then asked, "is it not Nigerians that built Nigeria to become this great? What has held us back?"

I walked into my office and went directly to my table where a cup of fine-blend, arabica coffee had been set. I zipped a little and then settled in my chair for a short rest.

Then, "Sam! Sam! It's 4:30 AM already!" the call of my wife jolted me to reality! Oh no! I had been dreaming!

Our fathers and mothers told us good dreams do come true. If not anything, I look forward to Nigeria becoming great as I described it above!

God bless Nigeria!

©Sam Tayo

Re: How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! by sammyscholar(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! by Mokason288(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
I wasted 15 seconds of my precious time
Re: How The Nigeria Of Our Dream Was Built In A Dream -- a nairalander recounts! by sammyscholar(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mokason288:
grin
Oh, every was explained to happened so easily, right? Ordinarily, that's how it should be!

We will get there!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question / Spelling Bee Competition: Abdulazeez Abdulrahmon Emerges Lagos One Day Governor / Jigawa Assembly Approves One Month Jail Term For Open Defecation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.