Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? (934 Views)

World Cancer Day: Lagos To Test 210,000 Women For Cervical Cancer Free Of Charge / What You Should Know About Cervical Cancer And Hpv Or Hp Virus Pap Smear Test / Millions Of Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B: Go For Test Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2022
My health insurance sent me a letter that I am 25years old and should go for pap smear test to detect early signs of cervical cancer. From what my health insurance said, as from 25 years old, it is advisable to regularly do pap smear test.

Now I’m scared of doing it because I’m a virgin. I have read about the test and I risk getting disvirgined if I do such test. Doctors in the house, can a virgin do this kind of test?

I asked my doctor cousin, she said the test is for sexually active people. But another of my friend said the test is for ladies from 25 and above whether sexually active or not.
Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Seriously are you still a virgin?
Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by Mystic969: 8:49am On Mar 17, 2022
Don't have to do it... You're not at risk of cervical cancer.

1 Like

Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2022
MeghaneMorgane:
My health insurance sent me a letter that I am 25years old and should go for pap smear test to detect early signs of cervical cancer. From what my health insurance said, as from 25 years old, it is advisable to regularly do pap smear test.

Now I’m scared of doing it because I’m a virgin. I have read about the test and I risk getting disvirgined if I do such test. Doctors in the house, can a virgin do this kind of test?

I asked my doctor cousin, she said the test is for sexually active people. But another of my friend said the test is for ladies from 25 and above whether sexually active or not.

Read comments of practitioners alone...

DON'T take posts from others seriously at all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by thorpido(m): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2022
The test is for ladies 25yrs and above whether virgin or not.
It is still conducted on virgins but whoever has to conduct the test needs to be aware you're a virgin so extra precautions are taken.
You don't have to do it now but if your health insurance makes it mandaty,you might have to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by MrNice04(m): 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
MeghaneMorgane:

The test is for both virgin and non virgin madam but you have to let them know you're a virgin so they'll be careful during the test procedure....
Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by JOACHINpedro: 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
How far?
You later do am?

1 Like

Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
JOACHINpedro:
How far?
You later do am?

I no do am. They called me again to go and do it. I go do am when I’m no longer a virgin.
Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by JOACHINpedro: 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

I no do am. They called me again to go and do it. I go do am when I’m no longer a virgin.
Do you want help with that? grin
Re: Can A Virgin Do Pap Smear For Test For Cervical Cancer? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
JOACHINpedro:

Do you want help with that? grin

No thanks smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help: Tested Positive For Hepatitis B / World Aids Day 2006 / Cool Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.