Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders (31594 Views)

Russia Made Europe Rich / Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / Germany To Pay Electricity Users Because It Generated Too Much Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:16am On Mar 18, 2022
Thank you. No im not a follower. I only follow ASB military news account on telegram.
[Pquote author=dommasi post=111132369]awulio, you are damn so well informed on international geo-politics, finance, economy and military sphere.
China is the current world economic superpower and russia is the current world military superpower.
And their cooperation or partnership is deadly.

The grand chessboard - zbigniew brzezinski - Who ever controls euro-asia controls the world

Are you a follower of Pepe Escobar on his telegram channel or on the unz review website.

[/quote]
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Lol i provided proof to show all your claims are false and that supposedly makes me anti America. Wow you funny.. either way i like both countries. If you think defending false narratives makes you a lover of a country then u in for a rude awakening.

Peace
needanswer:

But you actually do. You have never said anything good about them, only bad. You really need to move to Russia, so you can enjoy Putin's paradise. I think commenting from Rissia will make a lot of sense for you but if you still prefer staying back in the US, then I guess we are done with this conversation.
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:24am On Mar 18, 2022
Irregardless of what you do outside of nairaland your expertise is worthless in this case because you are mot an american financial expert. Sure u may be a financial expert based on the nigerian economy but both countries hv extremely different financi prowess. No one can pin point the exact date but they can definitely give a range of when that will happen. Which is what they have been doing. President biden and all the big american companies wouldnt hv financial experts around them if they didnt believe in them.

Financial experts need to speculate so that they can have answers to future financial problems. Eg the reserve bank already said in 2020 they would most likely raise rates in 2 to 3 years. This week they raised the rates. That's a financial expert. You see? Just disproved your point again.

needanswer:

Cause I am on nairaland doesn't tell you my real life occupation or expertise does it? Financial experts that cannot foresee exactly when the next global financial crisis will occur...lol.

They are all speculation experts. Speculation is not the field of financial experts, solutions and problem solving are. I don't want to explain those too. No need because you won't leave the US for Russia!
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:31am On Mar 18, 2022
I already disproved the part of China enforcing Russia sanctions against Russia.

This is the original article you posted. Oga check the date and then Google the date Russia invaded Ukraine. You will see you just defending rubbish .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-25/chinese-state-banks-restrict-financing-for-russian-commodities

Now heres my proof that china fully supports russia. These is the most recent article. This article was posted a week after that article. So you have been going by old news instead of current news.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/china-banking-regulator-sees-limited-impact-sanctions-russia-2022-03-02/

I just disproved all your theories. Also Russia is not isolated lol. Anyone that thinks Russia is isolated is dumb. Russia still trading comfortably with all BRICS countries. None of them has implemented sanctions against Russia. That's 3 billion people that they still trading with. I never knew 3 billion people is equal to isolated.

NGpatriot:

Shouldn't you be explaining to us how Russia is economically relevant to China or how their trade volume with China is larger than the West?

When you are done, let us know why China is enforcing Western sanctions against Russia if Russia or the Russian economy is so relevant.

Your Russian cheerleading is void of realities on the ground..

Russia is a pariah state, its totally globally isolated, not just economically, but also socially, culturally and even sports, they can not play international soccer or participate in FIFA or Olympics-related activities.

Putin just sent Russia back to the stone age.

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 3:28am On Mar 18, 2022
dommasi:
awulio, you are damn so well informed on international geo-politics, finance, economy and military sphere.
China is the current world economic superpower and russia is the current world military superpower.
And their cooperation or partnership is deadly.

The grand chessboard - zbigniew brzezinski - Who ever controls euro-asia controls the world

Are you a follower of Pepe Escobar on his telegram channel or on the unz review website.

lol... This is pure comedy...

So, why is the military superpower losing thousands of troops to small Ukraine, including 4 generals in less than 2 weeks?

Why is the military superpower running to China to beg for money and weapons over small Ukraine?

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 3:44am On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
I already disproved the part of China enforcing Russia sanctions against Russia.

This is the original article you posted. Oga check the date and then Google the date Russia invaded Ukraine. You will see you just defending rubbish .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-25/chinese-state-banks-restrict-financing-for-russian-commodities

Now heres my proof that china fully supports russia. These is the most recent article. This article was posted a week after that article. So you have been going by old news instead of current news.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/china-banking-regulator-sees-limited-impact-sanctions-russia-2022-03-02/

I just disproved all your theories. Also Russia is not isolated lol. Anyone that thinks Russia is isolated is dumb. Russia still trading comfortably with all BRICS countries. None of them has implemented sanctions against Russia. That's 3 billion people that they still trading with. I never knew 3 billion people is equal to isolated.

So, are you saying March 2 is more recent than March 16 or you just don't know how to to read and comprehend dates?

March 2nd is 2 weeks ago.

16th of March means yesterday.

It is really not by force to comment because you are embarrassing yourself.

China as we speak is enforcing Western sanctions against Russian..

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 3:49am On Mar 18, 2022
I hope you know how to read and comprehend..

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 4:01am On Mar 18, 2022
I see you didnt read the article well. Those plane parts were bought by china from america. America told china they cant resell american plane parts and technology to china.
China bought those parts for Russia. Its like reading with understanding is a problem for you.

See screenshot as of 6 hours ago. China denied Russia asking for military help. Also as of 6 hours ago usa is still scared china is working with Russia. I'm 100% sure the USA defense knows more than you.

Nothing u can produce can counter the facts released 6 hours ago. Go sit down dude. You hv no idea what you saying....the only person embarrassing themselves is you. Sitting in nigeria and focusing all day on what is happening in America instead of focusing on nigeria news. It would have even been better if you knew what you were talking about but problem is you don't.

NGpatriot:

So, are you saying March 2 is more recent than March 16 or you just don't know how to to read and comprehend dates?

March 2nd is 2 weeks ago.

16th of March means yesterday.

It is really not by force to comment because you are embarrassing yourself.

China as we speak is enforcing Western sanctions against Russian..

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 5:16am On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
I see you didnt read the article well. Those plane parts were bought by china from america. America told china they cant resell american plane parts and technology to china.
China bought those parts for Russia. Its like reading with understanding is a problem for you.

See screenshot as of 6 hours ago. China denied Russia asking for military help. Also as of 6 hours ago usa is still scared china is working with Russia. I'm 100% sure the USA defense knows more than you.

Nothing u can produce can counter the facts released 6 hours ago. Go sit down dude. You hv no idea what you saying....the only person embarrassing themselves is you. Sitting in nigeria and focusing all day on what is happening in America instead of focusing on nigeria news. It would have even been better if you knew what you were talking about but problem is you don't.

Amid US warning, China refuses to supply aircraft parts to Russia as war enters day 21

Published on Mar 16, 2022

China has refused to supply Moscow with aircraft parts after the latter's aviation sector was hit by crippling sanctions from the West amid the escalating war between Russia and Ukraine. Moscow is now expected to consider various alternatives for aircraft parts supply and may seek assistance from India, Turkey, and other countries, reported news agency ANI, citing Global Defense Corp.

This came after America– in a seven-hour long meeting with top Chinese official Yang Jiechi held on Monday – conveyed Washington’s “deep concerns about China’s alignment with Russia” and warned that should Beijing offer support to Moscow, there would be “significant consequences” for China.

Russia's air transport agency Rosaviatsiya official Valery Kudinov was quoted by state-run Interfax: "We have tasked airlines with looking for a possible supplier of parts on their own. As far as I know, there is information that a request has been made to China, but China has refused to do it.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/amid-us-warning-china-refuses-to-supply-aircraft-to-russia-as-war-enters-day-21-101647396425406.html

The date in this article says yesterday. 16th of March.

China refused to sell parts to Russia after a 7-hour meeting between China and US and US warning China not to sell to Russia.

Is this not China enforcing American sanctions against Russia?

Russia itself admitted that China refused to sell parts to Russia?

Are you are a troll or just covering your own incompetence and poor comprehension skills?
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 5:17am On Mar 18, 2022
Btw, what's your caption got to do with China refusing to sell parts to Russia?

Are you confused or you really have ADD?
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 5:28am On Mar 18, 2022
How China is quietly distancing itself from Russia

b]China is not a party to the [Ukraine] crisis, and doesn't want the sanctions to affect China," Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Tuesday during a phone call with his Spanish counterpart.[/b]

Beijing also gave its full backing Wednesday to comments made earlier this week by China's ambassador to Ukraine. "China will never attack Ukraine. We will help, especially economically," Fan Xianrong was quoted as saying in a press release from the Lviv regional government.

Fears that Chinese companies could face U.S. sanctions over ties with Russia had contributed to an epic sell-off in Chinese stocks in recent days. That slump was reversed Wednesday when Beijing promised it would pursue policies to boost its sputtering economy and keep financial markets stable.

Beijing and Moscow share a strategic interest in challenging the West. However, Chinese banks cannot afford to lose access to U.S. dollars, and many Chinese industries cannot afford to be deprived of U.S. technology.

While China is Russia's No. 1 trading partner, Beijing has other priorities. Trade between the two countries made up just 2% of China's total trade volume. The European Union and the United States have much larger shares, according to Chinese customs statistics from last year.

Here are some measures Beijing has taken in the last few weeks to distance itself from the isolated and crumbling Russian economy.

Letting the ruble drop

China's currency, the yuan, doesn't trade completely freely, moving instead within bands set by officials at the People's Bank of China (PBOC). Last week, they doubled the size of the ruble trading range, allowing the Russian currency to fall faster.

The ruble has already lost more than 20% of its value against both the dollar and euro since the start of the war in Ukraine. By allowing the Russian currency to fall against the yuan, Beijing isn't doing Moscow any favors.

https://www.kcra.com/article/china-quietly-distancing-itself-from-russia/39460799

China is not only enforcing Western sanctions against Russia, they are even economically crippling Russia, China is killing the Ruble by actively ddoubling the size of the ruble trading range, allowing the Russian currency to fall faster.
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 7:29am On Mar 18, 2022
The only person that lacks understanding is you. Read the article clearly this was from a previous meeting that happened 2 weeks ago. Check Reuters the Russian that said that got fired 6 days ago. Plus turkey that's part of NATO is going to supply the plane parts. So you see u need to do proper research. You need to try and use the little common sense that you have left to do research. I shouldn't be the one doing it for you.

Check the date and read facts. Event happened over a week ago. https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-fires-official-who-said-china-refused-supply-aircraft-parts-2022-03-15/

After that china still came out to say they will continue to support russia. Why do u think bidem is meeting president Xi today? White house said its so that biden can let china know the consequences for helping russia. After blinken had a meeting with china and threthened them china still helped russia. So biden is now trying to talk to xi. According to you, u think u know more about china than the white house. White house is saying china is still helping russia but some little man on nairaland is saying white house is wrong and that china are sanctioning russia.�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️ some nigerian ppl and their unnecessary wahala

NGpatriot:

The date in this article says yesterday. 16th of March.

China refused to sell parts to Russia after a 7-hour meeting between China and US and US warning China not to sell to Russia.

Is this not China enforcing American sanctions against Russia?

Russia itself admitted that China refused to sell parts to Russia?

Are you are a troll or just covering your own incompetence and poor comprehension skills?

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2022
Lol only a foolish man will stoop to insults instead of admiting he has the wrong information. It's clear insults is ur last resort since its clear u know nothing about what's happening and u just letting emotions lead u

Abeg I can't be arguing with a village champion. Oga I guess you know more than the American national defense and white house. Carry go. Lol

NGpatriot:
Btw, what's your caption got to do with China refusing to sell parts to Russia?

Are you confused or you really have ADD?
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 7:36am On Mar 18, 2022
Yeah no im not going to believe any news not from a credible source. So try providing proof from a nationam or global news carrier and not a small town local newspaper....if you get your news from kcr then you have a problem. Lol kcr is like a small city news paper that no one cares about or knows �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️ problem with ppl that think they know america . Before you post a source ask yourself if other media houses are writing about the same thing. If only one news agency is taling about it then it's most likely false. You didn't even quote cnn or fox lol u chose kcr wow wonders shall never end.

NGpatriot:

China is not only enforcing Western sanctions against Russia, they are even economically crippling Russia, China is killing the Ruble by actively ddoubling the size of the ruble trading range, allowing the Russian currency to fall faster.
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by needanswer: 7:54am On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
Irregardless of what you do outside of nairaland your expertise is worthless in this case because you are mot an american financial expert. Sure u may be a financial expert based on the nigerian economy but both countries hv extremely different financi prowess. No one can pin point the exact date but they can definitely give a range of when that will happen. Which is what they have been doing. President biden and all the big american companies wouldnt hv financial experts around them if they didnt believe in them.

Financial experts need to speculate so that they can have answers to future financial problems. Eg the reserve bank already said in 2020 they would most likely raise rates in 2 to 3 years. This week they raised the rates. That's a financial expert. You see? Just disproved your point again.

I only agreed with you on one point and that is the US treasury will pay Russian debts with the frozen asset. That is all.

Every other thing you typed does not tally with the facts as I proved.

You still don't know the work of a financial expert and think it is to speculate, when they deal in facts and figures. Youtubers, tiktokers, newspaper analysts, etc speculate and not financial experts.

Mention me whenever you leave the US for Russia then we can chat about more facts, until then you have clearly lost your PUTIN'S SUPREMACY and CHINA'S DOMINANCE arguments.

Goodluck.
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by MDK777: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2022
NGpatriot:

Just rubbish with zero sense, just Putin oga sir oga sir.

What is Russia trying to do? I bet you can not even make sense of the rubbish you posted..
grin
NGpatriot:

IDeY PaiN You Ba? HaHaHA

Just rubbish with zero sense, just Putin oga sir oga sir.

What is Russia trying to do? I bet you can not even make sense of the rubbish you posted..
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by Biafraaa: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2022
That's not funny. Cultist dey talk important thing and you dey laugh. E be like say you want collect woto woto undecided
sosanova:

Lol
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by Kelvin3476: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
Full list of countries america owes money.

China
Japan
UK
Ireland
Brazil

And the amount this nations owe AMERICA IS HIGHER. RICH MAN OWING POW MEN
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
Yeah no im not going to believe any news not from a credible source. So try providing proof from a nationam or global news carrier and not a small town local newspaper....if you get your news from kcr then you have a problem. Lol kcr is like a small city news paper that no one cares about or knows �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️ problem with ppl that think they know america . Before you post a source ask yourself if other media houses are writing about the same thing. If only one news agency is taling about it then it's most likely false. You didn't even quote cnn or fox lol u chose kcr wow wonders shall never end.

4 ways China is quietly making life harder for Russia

China is quietly distancing itself from Russia's sanction-hit economy.

The two states proclaimed last month that their friendship had "no limits." That was before Russia launched its war in Ukraine.
Now, with Russia's economy being slammed with sanctions from all over the world, there is growing evidence that China's willingness and ability to aid its northern neighbor may be limited. Beijing has refused to condemn Russia's attack on Ukraine but wants to avoid being impacted by the sanctions it has repeatedly denounced as an ineffective way of resolving the crisis.

"China is not a party to the [Ukraine] crisis, and doesn't want the sanctions to affect China," Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Tuesday during a phone call with his Spanish counterpart.

Beijing also gave its full backing Wednesday to comments made earlier this week by China's ambassador to Ukraine. "China will never attack Ukraine. We will help, especially economically," Fan Xianrong was quoted as saying in a press release from the Lviv regional government.
Fears that Chinese companies could face US sanctions over ties with Russia had contributed to an epic sell-off in Chinese stocks recent days. That slump was reversed Wednesday when Beijing promised it would pursue policies to boost its sputtering economy and keep financial markets stable.

US officials told CNN on Monday that they have information suggesting China has expressed some openness to providing Russia with requested military and financial assistance. China dismissed that as "disinformation."
Analysts say that China is attempting to strike "a delicate balance" between supporting Russia rhetorically but without further antagonizing the United States.

Beijing and Moscow share a strategic interest in challenging the West. However, Chinese banks cannot afford to lose access to US dollars, and many Chinese industries cannot afford to be deprived of US technology.

While China is Russia's No. 1 trading partner, Beijing has other priorities. Trade between the two countries made up just 2% of China's total trade volume.

The European Union and the United States have much larger shares, according to Chinese customs statistics from last year.

Here are some measures Beijing has taken in the last few weeks to distance itself from the isolated and crumbling Russian economy.
Letting the ruble drop

China's currency, the yuan, doesn't trade completely freely, moving instead within bands set by officials at the People's Bank of China (PBOC). Last week, they doubled the size of the ruble trading range, allowing the Russian currency to fall faster.

The ruble has already lost more than 20% of its value against both the dollar and euro since the start of the war in Ukraine. By allowing the Russian currency to fall against the yuan, Beijing isn't doing Moscow any favors.

Withholding aircraft parts

Sanctions imposed by the United States and the European Union mean that the world's two major aircraft makers, Boeing (BA) and Airbus (EADSF), are no longer able to supply spare parts or provide maintenance support for Russian airlines. The same is true of jet engine makers.
That means Russian airlines could run out of parts within a matter of weeks, or fly planes without having equipment replaced as frequently as recommended to operate safely.

Why China won't put its economy on the line to rescue Putin

Earlier this month, a top Russian official said that China has refused to send aircraft parts to Russia as Moscow looks for alternative supplies.
Valery Kudinov, head of aircraft airworthiness at Russia's air transport agency, was quoted by Russian state news agency Tass as saying that Russia would look for opportunities to source parts from countries including Turkey and India after a failed attempt to obtain them from China.

"As far as I know ... China refused," Kudinov was quoted as saying.

The World Bank has halted all its programs in Russia and Belarus following the invasion of Ukraine. It hadn't approved any new loans or investments to Russia since 2014, and none to Belarus since 2020.
More surprisingly, perhaps, is the decision by the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank to do the same. In a statement earlier this month, it said it was suspending all its activities related to Russia and Belarus "as the war in Ukraine unfolds." The move was "in the best interests" of the bank, it added.

Frustrated by a relative lack of influence at the World Bank (based in Washington, D.C.) and the Asian Development Bank (where Japan is a major force), China launched the AIIB in 2016. In addition to hosting the headquarters, China provides the president of the bank and has 26.5% of the votes. India and Russia have 7.6% and 6% respectively.
The AIIB's decision to suspend activities in Russia means $1.1 billion of approved or proposed lending aimed at improving the country's road and rail networks is now on hold.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/17/business/china-russia-sanctions-friction-intl-hnk/index.html

This is CNN with the same news, hope CNN is credible enough for your lame understanding.

When people like you lack credible views to counter your flawed argument with, you start coming up with such nonsense about credible sources.. grin grin

I know your type, you just keep posting rubbish and doing agidi left and right...

China's refusal to help Russia to sidestep Western sanctions means China is enforcing the Sanctions against Russia and even actively killing the Russian Economy..
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
awulio:
Lol only a foolish man will stoop to insults instead of admiting he has the wrong information. It's clear insults is ur last resort since its clear u know nothing about what's happening and u just letting emotions lead u

Abeg I can't be arguing with a village champion. Oga I guess you know more than the American national defense and white house. Carry go. Lol

Sadly for you, you still can not support your views with any sane and rational fact, you are just talking and meandering left and right with nothing credible.

If China is refusing to help Russia in any way to evade the sanctions, a day-old baby should automatically know and conclude that China is enforcing the sanctions against Russia, this is common sense if you really have the capacity to read and properly comprehend.

Go and sit down joo..
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by midastouch: 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ukraine and the Deeper Global Suicide Agenda
By F. William Engdahl
9 March 2022

http://www.williamengdahl.com/englishNEO9Mar2022.php

The decision by the Russian President to order military action in neighboring Ukraine beginning February 24, 2022 has shocked many, myself included. The question at this point almost two weeks into military action by Russian and other forces inside Ukraine, is what pushed Russia into what Western media portrays as unilateral unwarranted war of aggression. A public threat by Ukrainian president and comedian Volodymyr Zelenskyy on February 19, during meetings with top-level NATO officials and others in the annual Munich Security Conference, provides a largely-ignored clue to Moscow actions. In addition more recent reports of numerous US Pentagon bioweapons labs across Ukraine add to the background threats. Did Moscow believe Russia faced a literal do-or-die reality?

Some essential history

The current conflict in Ukraine has its seeds in the 1990’s and the US-backed collapse of the Soviet Union. During high-level Two Plus Four Treaty talks pertaining to Germany’s reunification in 1990, talks between US Secretary of State James Baker III and then-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, along with France, the UK and the West German government, over unification of Germany, Baker gave a verbal promise that NATO would not move “one inch” to the East to threaten former Soviet territories, in return for the USSR allowing German reunification within NATO.

For years Washington has lied about the exchange, as they moved one after the other former Warsaw Pact countries including Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Baltic States into NATO and closer to striking distance to Russia. Recently Putin cited the 1990 Baker agreement to justify Russian demands that NATO and Washington give binding legal assurances that Ukraine would never be admitted into the NATO alliance. Washington until now has categorically refused to do so.

Putin’s 2007 Munich Speech

At the 2007 annual Munich Security Conference, as the Bush-Cheney administration had announced plans to install US missile defense systems in Poland, Romania and the Czech Republic to,“guard against rogue states such as North Korea or Iran,” Russia’s Putin delivered a scathing critique of the US lies and violation of their 1990 assurances on NATO. By that time 10 former communist Eastern states had been admitted to NATO despite the 1990 US promises. Furthermore, both Ukraine and Georgia were candidates to join NATO following US-led Color Revolutions in both countries in 2003-4. Putin rightly argued the US missiles were aimed at Russia, not North Korea or Iran.

In his 2007 Munich remarks Putin told his Western audience, “It turns out that NATO has put its frontline forces on our borders, and we continue to strictly fulfil the treaty obligations and do not react to these actions at all. I think it is obvious that NATO expansion does not have any relation with the modernization of the Alliance itself, or with ensuring security in Europe. On the contrary, it represents a serious provocation that reduces the level of mutual trust. And we have the right to ask: against whom is this expansion intended? And what happened to the assurances our western partners made after the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact? Where are those declarations today? No one even remembers them.” Putin added, “But I will allow myself to remind this audience what was said. I would like to quote the speech of NATO General Secretary Mr Woerner in Brussels on 17 May 1990. He said at the time that: “the fact that we are ready not to place a NATO army outside of German territory gives the Soviet Union a firm security guarantee”. Where are these guarantees?” That was 15 years ago.

The 2014 Maidan Coup d’Etat

By November 2013 an economically corrupt and floundering Ukraine under elected and also very corrupt President Viktor Yanukovych, announced that, rather than accept a “special” association with the EU, Ukraine would take a far more generous offer from Moscow to join the Eurasian Economic Union led by Moscow. Russia had agreed to cut the price of Russian gas to Ukraine by 30% and to buy $15 billion of Ukraine bonds to ease the Kiew financial crisis.

At that point, on 21 November, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the man selected by Washington’s Victoria Nuland and Kiev Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt, together with then-Vice President Joe Biden, launched what were called Maidan Square protests against the Yanukovych regime backed by US NGOs. On February 20, 2014 after CIA-organized snipers, reportedly recruited from nearby Georgia, killed dozens of student protesters and also police, leading Yanukovych to flee, Yatsenyuk became Prime Minister in a hand-picked US-run regime, hand-picked by Nuland and Biden among others.

Later in December 2014 in an interview with a Russian newspaper, George Friedman of Stratfor, a private firm consulting to the Pentagon and CIA among others, said of the US-led February 2014 Kiev regime change, “Russia calls the events that took place at the beginning of this year a coup d’etat organized by the United States. And it truly was the most blatant coup in history.” He was boastful in the interview.

That Kiev coup regime proceeded after February 22, 2014 to wage a war of extermination and ethnic cleansing of Russian-speakers in eastern Ukraine, led to a large degree by a private army of literal neo-nazis from Right Sector (banned in Russia), the same ones who ran security in the Maidan Square and launched a reign of terror against Russian-speaking Ukrainians. Battalions were formed of neo-nazi mercenaries. They were given official state status as “Ukrainian National Guard” soldiers, the Azov Battalion, financed by Ukrainian mafia boss and billionaire oligarch, Ihor Kolomoisky, the financial backer of Zelenskyy as president. The Azov soldiers even sport open SS runes as its logo. In 2016, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) accused the Azov Battalion, officially upgraded to a regiment in January 2015, of committing war crimes such as mass looting, unlawful detention, and torture.

Today Nuland is Biden’s Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs responsible for Ukraine and Russian affairs. She is well aware of who the Azov Battalion are.

Zelenskyy and Munich 2022

On February 19 in Munich, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy made his threat to deploy nuclear weapons on Ukrainian territory. He expressed this as his unilateral revocation of the 1994 Budapest Memorandum, although Ukraine was not a signatory of the agreement. Two days later on the evening of February 21, Putin made his speech recognizing the sovereign independence of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics. He explicitly referenced Zelenskyy’s Munich nuclear weapons pledge: “This is not empty bravado,” Putin stressed in his speech.

On March 6 Moscow state news agency, RAI Novosti, quoted a senior Russian SVR foreign intelligence source with details on a secret Ukraine project, reportedly with vital covert Western support, to build a Ukrainian nuclear missile capability and a Ukrainian atom bomb in brazen violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. According to the report, Ukrainian nuclear scientists were disguising the developments by locating them near the high-radiation levels of Chernobyl nuclear reactor site, an explanation for the swift Russian moves to secure Chernobyl. “It was there, judging by the available information, that work was underway both on the manufacture of a “dirty” bomb and on the separation of plutonium,” RIA Novosti quotes the source. The primary bomb research facility was located at the National Scientific Center, “Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology.” As of this writing reports of fierce fighting underway between Russian forces and neo-nazi Ukrainian Azov fighters who reportedly are planning to blow up the research reactor site and blame it on Russia. The battle for control of the large Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant is also apparently part of the attempt to conceal the illegal Ukraine bomb project.

It now begins to become more clear that Putin had serious reason to react at the Ukraine nuclear threat. A Ukrainian nuclear missile within six minutes of Moscow would present existential danger whether Ukraine were in NATO or not.

Huge Military Buildup- Biowarfare?

There was more. Ukrainian press reported a year ago about new Western-built de facto NATO naval bases in Ochakov and Berdyansk as, “modern infrastructure facilities capable of receiving ships of all types, equipped according to NATO standards and built with the money of the alliance countries.” The media boasted, “In three years we will be able to strike at Russian ships in the Black Sea with our mosquito fleet. And if we combine with Georgia and Turkey, the Russian Federation will be blocked,’ Ukrainian military experts boasted. “

In addition, the US Pentagon had no less than eight, perhaps as many as 30 top-secret bioweapons research labs across Ukraine testing DNA of some 4,000 military volunteers. Once Russian soldiers moved to secure the evidence, the US Embassy in Kiev deleted previous mention of the sites from its website, and Ukrainians reportedly moved to destroy the lab evidence. Ukrainian labs in Kharkiv and elsewhere were operating in cooperation with the United States. Stocks of such weapons were being secretly stored in direct violation of international conventions.

A full month before the Russian military action on 24 February in Ukraine, independent biowarfare researcher, Dilyana Gaytandzhieva, obtained documents detailing “US Pentagon biological experiments with a potentially lethal outcome on 4,400 soldiers in Ukraine and 1,000 soldiers in Georgia. According to the leaked documents, all volunteer deaths should be reported within 24 h (in Ukraine) and 48 h (in Georgia).” She details the human experiments, which include testing for antibodies against some 14 pathogens including Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, Borrelia species (Lyme disease) and others. According to the documents the labs in Ukraine and Georgia are part of a Pentagon “$2.5 billion Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Biological engagement program which includes research on bio agents, deadly viruses and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.”

On March 6, in a statement to the official RAI Novosti in Moscow, Major General Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian Ministry of Defense, stated they had received documents, “from employees of Ukrainian biological laboratories confirming that components of biological weapons were being developed in Ukraine, in close proximity to Russian territory.” He noted, “In the course of a special military operation, the facts of an emergency cleansing by the Kiev regime of traces of a military biological program being implemented in Ukraine, funded by the US Department of Defense, were uncovered.”

Added to this evidence of nuclear and bioweapon WMD placements inside Ukraine in recent years, the West NATO member countries have been pouring billions of dollars of military equipment including anti-tank weapons and explosives into Ukraine while Zelenskyy, rumored by opposition to be in hiding in the US Embassy in Warsaw, calls repeatedly for a NATO “No-Fly” zone over Ukraine, an act that would be a direct casus belli of war between Russia and NATO a war that rapidly could go nuclear or beyond.

The question is whether this years-long provocation by Washington and NATO of Russian national security via Ukraine is aimed at destroying the viability of Russia as a sovereign nation and military power. Is it a calculated move to use sanctions against Russia to cause global collapse and energy crises, food shortages and worse, all to advance the Davos 2030 Great Reset agenda? Blame it on the “evil Putin” and Russia while BlackRock and the financial powers reorganize the world? It is too early to tell but certain is that whatever prompted the action by Russia on February 24, 2022 had to have been far more serious than CNN or other controlled Western media are telling us.

F. William Engdahl is strategic risk consultant and lecturer, he holds a degree in politics from Princeton University and is a best-selling author on oil and geopolitics, exclusively for the online magazine “New Eastern Outlook”
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
[s]
awulio:
The only person that lacks understanding is you. Read the article clearly this was from a previous meeting that happened 2 weeks ago. Check Reuters the Russian that said that got fired 6 days ago. Plus turkey that's part of NATO is going to supply the plane parts. So you see u need to do proper research. You need to try and use the little common sense that you have left to do research. I shouldn't be the one doing it for you.

Check the date and read facts. Event happened over a week ago. https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-fires-official-who-said-china-refused-supply-aircraft-parts-2022-03-15/

After that china still came out to say they will continue to support russia. Why do u think bidem is meeting president Xi today? White house said its so that biden can let china know the consequences for helping russia. After blinken had a meeting with china and threthened them china still helped russia. So biden is now trying to talk to xi. According to you, u think u know more about china than the white house. White house is saying china is still helping russia but some little man on nairaland is saying white house is wrong and that china are sanctioning russia.�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️ some nigerian ppl and their unnecessary wahala

[/s]

The same pointless and redundant rubbish.

If you are going to bore us with pointless rubbish, show us where China evaded the sanctions by supplying Russia with parts or any help..

Posting endless irrelevant nonsense means you are confused and you have poor knowledge.
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
China Insists It Won't Help Sustain Russia's War Against Ukraine

BY JOHN FENG ON 3/17/22 AT 6:09 AM EDT

The Chinese government this week hit out on multiple fronts against sustained speculation, originating in the United States, that it was considering supplying Russia with military aid.

A string of denials came after national security adviser Jake Sullivan said over the weekend that Beijing would face consequences if it helped the Kremlin evade the West's economic sanctions.

U.S. intelligence disclosed to the Financial Times and others that Russia had requested assistance in the form of combat equipment and field rations. China—said to have responded positively to the appeals—subsequently denied the allegations.

"Some #US official alleged that #China would provide weapons for #Russia. This is a ludicrous suggestion and a humiliation to Russia. Unlike the U.S., China never adds fuel to the fire," China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson and Hua Chunying tweeted on Tuesday.

Around 90 percent of them are still involved in the fight, after factoring in those killed, wounded or captured, U.S. officials said. American intelligence estimates put Russia's combat losses at more than 7,000. Moscow's own number from March 2 remains unchanged at 498.

Qin Gang, China's top diplomat in Washington, said assertions about Beijing's prior knowledge of or support for Russia's war were "purely disinformation."

"Conflict between Russia and Ukraine does no good for China. Had China known about the imminent crisis, we would have tried our best to prevent it," the ambassador wrote in a March 15 Washington Post op-ed, the centerpiece of Beijing's new damage control campaign to balance its pro-Moscow complexion.

The following day, China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian accused anonymous American officials of "spreading lies" about its alleged intent to materially aid Russia's deadly offensive. Earlier in the week, a similar message was delivered, albeit indirectly, to Kyiv.

Respect the Sovereign Government

At a March 14 meeting with regional officials in Ukraine's western city of Lviv, near the border with Poland, Chinese Ambassador Fan Xianrong declared his country would "never attack" Ukraine. Beijing would respect the choices of its sovereign government and help it rebuild, Fan said, before praising Ukrainian unity.

The remarks weren't reported by the Chinese Embassy in Kyiv or carried by state media outlets. Asked about Ambassador Fan's sit-down with officials in Lviv, spokesperson Zhao denied any knowledge of the event.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-insists-wont-help-sustain-russia-war-against-ukraine-military-weapons-aid-sanctions-1688894

China is now on the defensive, they are denying left and right that they are trying to help poor Russia..

Putin should be ashamed and embarassed, den just dey take Russia play football.. grin grin
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
China Doubles Down on Support for Ukraine, Backs Peace Talks to End War

BY JOHN FENG ON 3/17/22 AT 8:47 AM EDT

China's Foreign Ministry is standing by a bold statement by its ambassador to Ukraine— who pledged Beijing's economic and political support for Kyiv—but is still refusing to rebuke Russia openly.

The envoy, Fan Xianrong, told officials in Lviv that China and Ukraine were "strategic partners" celebrating three decades of formal diplomatic relations.

"China is a friendly country for the Ukrainian people. As an ambassador, I can responsibly say that China will forever be a good force for Ukraine, both economically and politically," he said, according to state news agency Ukrinform.

"We will always respect your state, we will develop relations on the basis of equality and mutual benefit. We will respect the path chosen by Ukrainians because this is the sovereign right of every nation," he said on Monday.

Fan and his consular staff relocated to the western Ukrainian city, near the border with Poland, after the Kremlin's invasion. Lviv's regional office said he met with Maksym Kozytskyi, the head of the local military administration.

On Thursday, at a regular press briefing in Beijing, the Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said: "China of course supports the statement by the Chinese ambassador. China supports all efforts that are conducive to easing the situation in Ukraine and a political settlement."

"China will never attack Ukraine. We will help, in particular in the economic direction," Fan told officials in Lviv. He said China would "act responsibly" in the crisis. "We have seen how great the unity of the Ukrainian people is, and that means its strength," he added.

China Backs Ambassador's Pledges to Ukraine

China has denied that it had any prior knowledge of President Vladimir Putin's invasion plans and insists it won't sustain the war by providing Russia with material aid. But in the Foreign Ministry press conference, Zhao reiterated Beijing's support for what Russia considers its grievances against the West.

https://www.newsweek.com/china-ukraine-peace-talks-russia-war-1688954

Ukraine is now China's new friend.....Poor Putin no go like this o... grin grin grin
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by dommasi: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Just updated my list of credible news sources on telegram with your reference.

Keep up educating those willing to expand their horizons.

awulio:
Thank you. No im not a follower. I only follow ASB military news account on telegram.

1 Like

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
dommasi:

lol @ you joker using double ID to gas yourself..

Comedian... grin grin
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by smallrincowis16(m): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Sanchez01:

Russia's external reserve is hidden away in the United States. The United States sanctioned Russia and froze its external reserve, meaning Russia's $300 billion is not theirs at the moment. In theory, Russia has $300 billion external reserve in the United States. Technically, Russia is semi broke.

The United States does not need to be the IMF or World Bank to sanction a war mongering country.

I don't really want to argue with someone like you, full of hatred and propaganda, RUSSIA is broke cos $300bn was frozen by western nations to correct you. But to you feeble mind now you didn't read they still have more than $300bn they can still use.

To shame you, can you tell me the total external reserve of US and UK as at today??
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by NGpatriot: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
smallrincowis16:

I don't really want to argue with someone like you, full of hatred and propaganda, RUSSIA is broke cos $300bn was frozen by western nations to correct you. But to you feeble mind now you didn't read they still have more than $300bn they can still use.

To shame you, can you tell me the total external reserve of US and UK as at today??

Most of that money is in China and China won't send 1 kobo to Russia so how exactly are they going to use it and when was the last time they used 1 kobo out of that money?
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by smallrincowis16(m): 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
NGpatriot:

Most of that money is in China and China won't send 1 kobo to Russia so how exactly are they going to use it and when was the last time they used 1 kobo out of that money?

Well you still haven't answered my question, do yourself some honour?

Why will China send money that belong to Russia to Russia?

Well to enlighten you, the reserve can only be frozen and China has near and will never freeze Russia asset and that's part of what they use for international settlement and China still import a lot Russia
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:39am On Mar 19, 2022
Thanks bro
dommasi:

Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:41am On Mar 19, 2022
Thats actually a lie. Do reasearch dude. China does not owe america any money but America owes china 1 trillion usd.

Kelvin3476:
And the amount this nations owe AMERICA IS HIGHER. RICH MAN OWING POW MEN
Re: Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders by awulio(f): 2:43am On Mar 19, 2022
You clearly dont know anything about financual amrkets. I dont get any of my news from youtube dummy. I get them from legitimate sources and real american financial experts not nigerian nairalanders.

Also message me when you in America and actually watch American news. Not whatever the nigerian news channels spew to u. Bye

needanswer:

I only agreed with you on one point and that is the US treasury will pay Russian debts with the frozen asset. That is all.

Every other thing you typed does not tally with the facts as I proved.

You still don't know the work of a financial expert and think it is to speculate, when they deal in facts and figures. Youtubers, tiktokers, newspaper analysts, etc speculate and not financial experts.

Mention me whenever you leave the US for Russia then we can chat about more facts, until then you have clearly lost your PUTIN'S SUPREMACY and CHINA'S DOMINANCE arguments.

Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Shinzo Abe: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To Slain Japan ex-PM / Relentless Storm Drowns California, USA ( Pics, Video) / US, UK Vote Against UN Resolution To Take Action Against Racism, Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.