Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth (24327 Views)

You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / Help: How Do I Greet A Neighbor That Just Gave Birth / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by larrypourl(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
NoFucksToGive:

Paddy you read my mind now...

My colleague lost his 5 year old daughter.. I don't know how to visit him and what to say oooo

how the hell do you do that?

What the hell am I going to say ?

I am just weak ... He hasn't been coming to work its been over 1 week now ... Do I just wait till he resumes and pretend I just heard ?

Go visit the family before he resumes
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by NoFucksToGive: 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
larrypourl:

Go visit the family before he resumes

You think it's easy ?
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by larrypourl(m): 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
NoFucksToGive:

You think it's easy ?

I know it's not but pretending like you never heard of the news is bad. If you can't visit, call him on the phone.
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by olabrinks(f): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
AnonyUser:
I'm thankful to all the contributors on my previous thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7032114/how-greet-neighbor-just-gave

I took the advice of some matured Nairalanders, rehearsed them couple of times, went with a little courage and overcame.

Some people from my previous thread were asking me what's difficult in going to greet someone who gave birth?

Well, that's what makes us different. To you it's easy. But for some of my type, it's very difficult.

The one I hate more than anything is going for condolence visit. I don't know of any other visit as hard as that. I always avoid that sh!t undecided

Anyways, once again, thank you all.

well done. Us introverts understand you jare, it is well.

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by AnonyUser(m): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
deavicky:
hope na my advice you use.

I did use few lines from your comment. Thank you boss
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by penocrat1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Dammnnn nigggaaar
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by DarkJeddi(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
visijo:
Igbo parents apologizing to their kids like "It's ok, I said it's ok before mmawa gi anya now" grin
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by Bbbw: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Oh
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by cho25bc(f): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
AnonyUser:
I'm thankful to all the contributors on my previous thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/7032114/how-greet-neighbor-just-gave

I took the advice of some matured Nairalanders, rehearsed them couple of times, went with a little courage and overcame.

Some people from my previous thread were asking me what's difficult in going to greet someone who gave birth?

Well, that's what makes us different. To you it's easy. But for some of my type, it's very difficult.

The one I hate more than anything is going for condolence visit. I don't know of any other visit as hard as that. I always avoid that sh!t undecided

Lol. From your posts, i can see that you are an extreme introvert who hardly talks verbally to people around you. Like, maybe you keep to yourself a lot and stay indoors all day. Perhaps, your most comfortable mode of communication is chatting on social media but when it comes to real conversations, you lose ideas.

I believe most of what i guessed about you are wrong but if im right, then you might need to go out more and interact with people on phone and around you.

Going for a visit to greet parents of a newborn baby is not difficult at all, even condolence visits. You are not the father of the child nor the family of the deceased. You dont need special and prolonged words to express yourself on both occasions.

For the newborn visit, just say. "Congratulations ooo. God will bless and preserve the baby ooo. When is the naming ceremony? See how e resemble him papa and mama? This baby is so beautiful." That's all.

Then drop your gift (cash or kind), sit for a while with the parents. If they allow you to carry the baby, fine. Carry the baby for a few minutes, smile at him or her all the while s/he's in your arms. Within 10 mins, you are done. Tell them you will still come back later to play with the baby, then leave. It doesnt matter again if you dont return to the house. You have played your part. One thing is that you should never go there without gifting them something. They will need it at this crucial time. And it's a way of blessing the newborn and welcoming him/her to this world. Even the 3 wise men went to visit baby Jesus with precious gifts.

About the condolence visit. The same way you visit new parents is the same way you will visit a bereaved family, but this time, instead of a smile, your expression will be sober. All you have to say is. "Im so sorry about what happened. S/he was a good man/woman/guy/girl when he was alive. May his/her soul rest in peace. Please take heart and be strong. May God give you the strength to go through this trying time. Accept my condolence." If any other prayer point comes to your mind, add it to this address. When you are done, excuse yourself and leave if you dont want to stay there for long. You can shake hands with the family members or just pat their shoulders lightly while telling them about the incident. If you have any money, give it to one of the oldest members of the family or the closest person among them that you know, maybe your friend or girlfriend. You can also ask the cause of death (if you didnt know this before). You can also ask for burial arrangements so that you can attend (if you wish).

You did well by visiting your neighbor though. That's commendable.
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by AnonyUser(m): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2022
cho25bc:

Lol. From your posts, i can see that you are an extreme introvert who hardly talks verbally to people around you. Like, maybe you keep to yourself a lot and stay indoors all day. Perhaps, your most comfortable mode of communication is chatting on social media but when it comes to real conversations, you lose ideas.

I believe most of what i guessed about you are wrong but if im right, then you might need to go out more and interact with people on phone and around you.

Going for a visit to greet parents of a newborn baby is not difficult at all, even condolence visits. You are not the father of the child nor the family of the deceased. You dont need special and prolonged words to express yourself on both occasions.

For the newborn visit, just say. "Congratulations ooo. God will bless and preserve the baby ooo. When is the naming ceremony? See how e resemble him papa and mama? This baby is so beautiful." That's all.

Then drop your gift (cash or kind), sit for a while with the parents. If they allow you to carry the baby, fine. Carry the baby for a few minutes, smile at him or her all the while s/he's in your arms. Within 10 mins, you are done. Tell them you will still come back later to play with the baby, then leave. It doesnt matter again if you dont return to the house. You have played your part. One thing is that you should never go there without gifting them something. They will need it at this crucial time. And it's a way of blessing the newborn and welcoming him/her to this world. Even the 3 wise men went to visit baby Jesus with precious gifts.

About the condolence visit. The same way you visit new parents is the same way you will visit a bereaved family, but this time, instead of a smile, your expression will be sober. All you have to say is. "Im so sorry about what happened. S/he was a good man/woman/guy/girl when he was alive. May his/her soul rest in peace. Please take heart and be strong. May God give you the strength to go through this trying time. Accept my condolence." If any other prayer point comes to your mind, add it to this address. When you are done, excuse yourself and leave if you dont want to stay there for long. You can shake hands with the family members or just pat their shoulders lightly while telling them about the incident. If you have any money, give it to one of the oldest members of the family or the closest person among them that you know, maybe your friend or girlfriend. You can also ask the cause of death (if you didnt know this before). You can also ask for burial arrangements so that you can attend (if you wish).

You did well by visiting your neighbor though. That's commendable.

You are very correct. I'm an extreme introvert. I find it difficult to communicate with even people closest to me.

It has always been just me and my thoughts. Social media is the only place I express my self.

I appreciate your input. Thank you
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by Silentgroper(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
SUPERBLOOM:
you are more than a conquoror
What is conquoror
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by cho25bc(f): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2022
AnonyUser:

You are very correct. I'm an extreme introvert. I find it difficult to communicate with even people closest to me.

It has always been just me and my thoughts. Social media is the only place I express my self.

I appreciate your input. Thank you

I guess as much. Hope you can woo a girl like this sha? grin

You are welcome wink smiley
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by AnonyUser(m): 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
cho25bc:

I guess as much. Hope you can woo a girl like this sha? grin

You are welcome wink smiley

grin grin grin

About that... Well, that would be a topic of another day.

But I guess that shouldn't be any difficult undecided
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:12am On Mar 19, 2022
Tolams16:
Congrats!

Hurray! Finally A business you can Start with 50k and make profits Guaranteed!

https://www.nairaland.com/7034323/hurray-finally-business-start-50k
Topic removed
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by cho25bc(f): 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
AnonyUser:

grin grin grin

About that... Well, that would be a topic of another day.

But I guess that shouldn't be any difficult undecided

Mention me when you make that post wink
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by Chidi2022: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Laeroy:
Please fellow nairalanders who are Yoruba, how do you greedy someone who just lost a loved one in Yoruba?
E pele..
Eku oro à yàn...
ójó ajina si ra....
olorun abawa te won si afeefe re....
eku àté mo ra....
E pele...

1 Like

Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by AlphaTaikun: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
Olayinka8793:
if the deceased is an old man or woman, you say "eku aseinde mama o (or 'baba o', depending on gender of the deceased), olohun a fori jiwon. Omo rere lo ma gbeyin wa o.

If the deceased is a young person, you say "eku ijoko o, e pele o, a o ni ri iru e mo o. Olohun a fori jin"
That's insightful.
Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by AlphaTaikun: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
AnonyUser:

Re: Thank You Nairaland: Finally Went To Greet My Neighbor Who Just Gave Birth by Thazard(m): 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
MAGG0T:
cheesy

I know say you use alcohol wash eyes first
You no get liver ordinarily.

cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife / Income Vs Children: You Can Use Condom With Your Wife / Lady Reveals How Her Wicked Aunt Maltreated And Denied Her Of Going To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.