Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,337 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. (632 Views)

Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2022
Good evening fellow NLanders. Hope your evening isn't turning to nightmare as mine. I help manage my sister small POS business. Today a customer brought 90k for deposit when my sister was at the shop, she try depositing but it kept showing transaction fail. She called me, told me about the transaction. I arrived, tried depositing multiple time all failed. Then i decided to slip the money and send 50/40. Mistakenly i send 50k to another person acct_UGOCHUKWU PETER ONYISI, FIRST BANK, 3149553518, instead of this NANDOM KATTIM, FIRST BANK 3149443518. My mistake was replacing the 44 with 55. The amazing this is when i was sending the fund, the name that appear was NANDOW KATTIM or so i thought. Pls if anyone know UGOCHUKUU PETER ONYISI should help me. Here is my contact_08137755145.
Mod pls help me push this to front page, so more people will see.. Thank u
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hmmm

That name though..

I wish you luck
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
Here is the recipe cry cry cry

Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
Hmmm

That name though..

I wish you luck
Thank you
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Wisebird22(m): 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Go to the bank and complain,if you get luck them fit give you the person number make you explain yourself beg am weda him go answer you return the money
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lakesc:
Good evening fellow NLanders. Hope your evening isn't turning to nightmare as mine. I help manage my sister small POS business. Today a customer brought 90k for deposit when my sister was at the shop, she try depositing but it kept showing transaction fail. She called me, told me about the transaction. I arrived, tried depositing multiple time all failed. Then i decided to slip the money and send 50/40. Mistakenly i send 50k to another person acct_UGOCHUKWU PETER ONYISI, FIRST BANK, 3149553518, instead of this NANDOM KATTIM, FIRST BANK 3149443518. My mistake was replacing the 44 with 55. The amazing this is when i was sending the fund, the name that appear was NANDOW KATTIM or so i thought. Pls if anyone know UGOCHUKUU PETER ONYISI should help me. Here is my contact_08137755145.
Mod pls help me push this to front page, so more people will see.. Thank u

I pray let it not Bet9ja virtual addicted individual angry

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sorry bro, you must be having the craziest day

I wish you luck
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by ahnie: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
If you're a Nigerian stilling living in Nigeria and you're still normal,and your BP is still normal,then honestly you're not normal.... because it's hard being a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Equal2DeTask:

I pray let it not Bet9ja virtual addicted individual angry
Amen ooo
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Sorry bro, you must be having the craziest day

I wish you luck
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
Wisebird22:
Go to the bank and complain,if you get luck them fit give you the person number make you explain yourself beg am weda him go answer you return the money
Will be going to the bank tomorrow
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
ahnie:
Of you're a Nigerian stilling living in Nigeria and you're still normal,and your BP is still normal,then honestly you're not normal.... because it's hard being a Nigerian.
Thank u
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Birniwa(m): 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
I've had several similar cases like this in the past and I managed to get my money back. First thing you need to do is to call the source bank and explain the exact incident, giving them all the required details.

Next, request that they place a 'post-no-debit' restriction on the account you wrongly credited to ensure that the account owner cannot withdraw the money you sent to him/her if he/she has not done so already.

Please note that you do have this right of requesting a post-no-debit as long as the bank confirms that you actually sent an inflow to the other account from your own account.

The last thing you will want to do is to get a court order that will indemnify and request the bank to reverse the funds back to your account if you succeeded in the above.

The last time this happened to me was exactly in May last year. The sum of the wrong transfer was N999,000 and the court order cost me N80,000 from a friend lawyer here in the North. He might have slashed down the cost for me because he was my Secondary School mate.

In your own case, negotiate the cost of getting the court order to something like N25,000 if that's possible. It's better spending 50% of the money to get the other 50% back than losing all the sum to the wrong receiver.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
My sister when to the bank and complaint. They checked and comfirmed the transaction, but the manager told her that they couldn't to anything without a court order. Unfortunately court are on strike..
Re: Pls Help! I Just Credited A Wrong Acct.. by Lakesc: 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=Birniwa post=111131142]I've had several similar cases like this and I managed to get my money back. First thing you need to do is to call the source bank and explain the exact incident, giving them all the required details.

Next, request that they place a 'post-no-debit' on the account you wrongly credited to ensure that the account owner cannot withdraw the money you sent to him/her if he/she has not done so already.

Please note that you do have this right of requesting a post-no-debit as long as the bank confirms that you actually sent an inflow to the other account from your own account.

The last thing you will want to do is to get a court order that will indemnify and request the bank to reverse the funds back to your account if you succeeded in the above./
Thank u so much, this is really helpful. Will request the 'post-no-debit', then sort for the court order though they(courts) are on strike...

(1) (Reply)

Use Hospital Language To Describe Your "Account Balance" / What Business Can He Start With 5 Million Naira / Are You Looking For A Place To Buyers Your Raw Cashew Nuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.