Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Help: I Found This In My Credit Report - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help: I Found This In My Credit Report (956 Views)

What Is A Soft Pull On My Credit? / Checking Into Checking Out Your Credit Report / Creditup Club – Incredible Ways To Improve My Credit In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Elrafiki2(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
I don't know where exactly to post this so kindly bear with me.

So today I wanted to take a loan and the lending company sent my credit report stating that my credit score was too low to be given a loan. So i took a closer look at the report to see what's up.

Lo and behold, i was confronted with a report i could scarcely believe! It stated on the report that i had or took an overdraft from Consumer microfinance bank in Abuja as far back as 18th March 2020 to the tune of 2,000,000 (Two Million).

I've never heard of that bank neither have i taken any loan or overdraft up to 100k at any time! This got me worried as I don't know the implication of this, especially as it says in the report that it is still an open situation.

I recall that a few years back, my mom asked me to submit my bank details and passport photo at the church, saying govt wanted to give grants to citizens via religious organisations.

Could it be that the money was paid and someone took my share hence its recorded on my report? If so, what does that mean to me? As in, can i be held liable for that?

Pls someone with knowledge about this explain to me. Thanks

Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by iHart(m): 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hmmm, try to contact the bank...
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Mozino007(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
Benefit boys on this one grin
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
are u elrufai brother
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Elrafiki2(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=iHart post=111128215]Hmmm, try to contact the bank...
already did via email but no response so far
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by iHart(m): 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=Elrafiki2 post=111129153][/quote]does the bank have a physical address?
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by iHart(m): 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
How can a bank give you an overdraft of 2million naira when you are barely their customer. ...and this is a year the account was opened and they have never contacted you over the overdraft. You need to sort this out oh
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Elrafiki2(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2022
I'm as surprised as you are. Ive Googled the bank and its located in Abuja. I also wroe an email to them but they haven't responded yet

iHart:
How can a bank give you an overdraft of 2million naira when you are barely their customer. ...and this is a year the account was opened and they have never contacted you over the overdraft. You need to sort this out oh
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by Elrafiki2(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2022
Yes, apparently it's located in Herbert Macaulay Way, Zone 5, Wuse Abuja where I've never been to

iHart:
does the bank have a physical address?
Re: Help: I Found This In My Credit Report by vicmat(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2023
What is the update. Were you able to rectify the situation with the so called Microfinance Bank? I want to know cos I have a similar experience.

(1) (Reply)

We Need More Emoji On Nairaland / UN CEDAW Committee: Tallen Hails Election Of Eghobamien-mshelia / How Can One Make Money From Poetry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.