Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Be Creative As A Graphic Designer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Be Creative As A Graphic Designer (278 Views)

Rate My First Work As A Graphic Designer (Photos) / Hire A Graphic Designer For All Logo, Business Card, Flyers Etc / I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Creative As A Graphic Designer by Aveson: 1:10am On Mar 18, 2022
How to be Creative as a Graphic Designer

There is no hard and fast rule to Creativity in Graphic Design.

First, please understand that creativity is neither a talent nor a gift. Don't feel bad when clients tell you you are not creative.

Here are some few tips that would help you be creative. Ready?

1. Research:

Research here means seeing other people's design and borrowing one or two concepts from them.

If for example you want to make a flyer for a tech company, go online and search for five different designs on that nitch, borrow a concept from each and boom, you have your design that is unique.

2. Practise with tools you are not familiar with

Designs tools keep changing every now and then. I remember few days ago giving a man in charge of a printing outlet to print my design, he was like, you mean you design this with Coreldraw?

For him, Coreldraw won't be able to do that.

3. Use a lot of white space.

White space in graphic design make your design very appealing. Check big brands like Airtel, check their flyer. You won't find too many information.

Most times, clients who want the A-Z information on the flyer are the ones who wlll be dragging for 1k.

4. Use graphic design principles

Alignment, heirarchy, contrast, spacing, etc are some design principles you should adhere to in your designs.

5. Use Pinterest

One thing I love about Pinterest is the fact that by feeding your eyes with the works of other creatives posted regularly here, you can be creative yourself.

And the amazing this there is no artwork you won't find in any nitch on Pinterest. Do well to check there pinteret.

6. Mentorship
Mentors are maps. Maps because they've journeyed your journey and familiar with the path.

Follow people who are creative and better than youself even if it means paying them.

If you associate with people who are not creative, creative ideas won't flow.

7. Go for the big idea.

A big idea makes your design standout and unique.

For example, during International Women's Day, remember that wema bank flyer that trended. It features a lady's with ATM card, a man sitting at the waiting table with the keyword "is cut the bias".

Without reading the text on that flyer, you know what the flyer is all about. That's the purpose of the big idea.

Your big idea can come from images, illustrations, typography, colour etc.

To your contd Transformation
Sunday Maga
Life Teacher, Graphic Designer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tegwolo Vs Okoteteh - Spiritual Bondage (funny Cartoon Comedy) / 6 Video Marketing Strategies For Your Food Business In 2023 / Split Text Effects Youtube Intro On Inshot Video Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.