Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina (7099 Views)

Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang / Osinbajo And Ambode At Ikoyi Club 1938 80th Anniversary (Photos) / Buhari, Osinbajo And Tinubu At APC National Convention 2018 In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by presidency: 8:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Have you ever met a religious bigot before? Pray that you don’t. It’s not an interesting experience, irrespective of the faith the bigot professes.

A bigot is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, and is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people who don’t share what he believes.

I ask again: have you met a religious bigot before? Pray that you don’t. And if you unfortunately do, don’t argue, don’t remonstrate with such person. Just show a clean pair of heels.

President Muhammadu Buhari is a man that had been serially de-marketed, flagellated and excoriated as a religious bigot. It was a narrative deliberately concocted and conjured by those who were afraid of the probity and integrity he could bring into public office. They tarred him with the brush of bigotry, which hindered the man from attaining the presidency for a long while.

But every lie has an expiry date. A time came when the public no longer bought the jejune argument. Pro-Buhari forces fought back vigorously. One of them was eminent virologist, Prof Tam David-West (God rest his soul). He wrote a book with the title ‘16 Sins of Muhammadu Buhari,’ in which he debunked the lies being told against the former military head of state. One of them was the allegation of being a religious bigot.

A larger number of Nigerians got to understand that the bigotry tag was fake, false, an attempt to give the dog a bad name, in order to hang it. Muhammadu Buhari coasted to office as President in 2015, after three earlier trials.

But there is still a remnant that maintains its entrenched position. And they are the ones who look down on us Christians, for going to “work with a Fulani Muslim, a jihadist who does not want to see Christians at all.” True? False.

Who else can you trust more than the man (or woman) that cooks or serves your meal? Possibly nobody. Buhari has Christian cooks, male and female.

And who can you also trust more than the man that drives you? He can decide to do bad, bad things to you. Buhari has Christian drivers.

I was glad to hear Vice President ‘Yemi Osinbajo touch on the matter early this week. While receiving Senegal-based Grand Khalifa of Tijaniya Movement Worldwide, Sheikh Muhammadu Mahi Ibrahim Niass, he said in seven years of working with President Buhari, he has not had any issues with him, particularly in the area of religion.

Said the Vice President: “President Buhari is a serious Muslim, and I am a pastor. Both of us have worked together for about 7 years, we have not had any issues. The President has shown great leadership, he has shown that he wants a country where people of different faiths live in harmony and with love for one another.”

Well spoken, well proven. And I have stories to tell to buttress what VP Osinbajo has said.

Just two weeks ago, someone who was in the inner caucus when President Buhari was putting together his team in 2015, told me a story. It went this way:

“When the President likes you, he just likes you. I remember in 2015, when they brought three names to him as possible media advisers. They were made of Christians and Muslims. He just brought out his pen, and marked your name. That was all.”

A media adviser is in the inner caucus. You can see your boss whenever you want to, and that was what the President told me the very day I resumed: “Adesina, ensure that nobody keeps you away from me. Whenever you want to see me, just come.”

Bigot? He won’t give such position or latitude to a person of different faith.

Early in the first term, one of my spiritual fathers passed on. Rev Cornelius Obasi had taken keen interest in me as a young man growing up in the Foursquare Gospel Church in Lagos. That was in the 1980s.

He was the Assistant Pastor of the branch I attended in Omole area. The main pastor was Rev Felix Meduoye, who later went on to become General Overseer of the Church for many years.

I had completed National Service, was working as a Current Affairs Officer in Radio Lagos. But I never joked with church services, and soon became a teacher in the Sunday School.

One day, after service, Rev Obasi called me. “Brother Femi, you speak good English. Who are you really?” I told him about myself, and thus began a lifelong friendship.

When he passed on (was it late 2015 or 2016?), a two days funeral was being organized. And I wanted to attend, to pay my last respects. So I went to meet the President.

I asked him for two days off, and told him why I needed it. A religious bigot would never hear of such. But not President Buhari. He told me: “I am happy that you’ve decided to go and give last honors to such a man. Please go. We will be here till you return.” And that winsome smile.

When I returned to Abuja, I went to see him again, to say I was back. He welcomed me, and said something I’ll never forget.

“Adesina (he prefers to call me by my surname), I want to thank you for going to honour a man who contributed to bringing you up spiritually. God will give you lada for it.”

I thanked him and left. But lada, what does it mean?

I sought out my friend, Garba Deen Mohammed, now NNPC spokesman. What does lada mean? I told him the story. He laughed, and explained that lada means reward, or wages. He said the President was praying that God will reward me for attending the burial of Rev Cornelius Obasi.

A bigot? I hear.

Our first Christmas in government. December 2015. I wanted to spend the season in Lagos. And I asked him for permission. By all means, he answered. “I know the Vice President, yourself, and some others are church people. Please go. Spend Christmas and New Year with your families. When you now come back, me too I’ll go for a few days.” And he laughed. Bigot? They never want to hear of Christmas. Since 2015, he would give all Christians working with him time off every Easter and Christmas. I like that kind of ‘bigotry.’

When the Foursquare Gospel Church turned 60 years in Nigeria. I told the President, and he gladly agreed to meet with the leadership. He did. Bigot? Please tell me another story.

The Vice President survived an helicopter crash in 2019. The President publicly rejoiced with him, and then at the next Federal Executive Council meeting, he congratulated the VP again. Jocularly, he said: “I can imagine that when the chopper crashed with a bang, VP as a pastor must have shouted, Jesus!Jesus! Jesus! And fortunately, Jesus was not far away, so He saved him.”

We all laughed. But one instructive lesson. Bigots don’t like Jesus. They never want to hear His name, or attribute anything miraculous to Him. Buhari, a bigot? I beg, comot for road, make I pass.

It is said that as a military commander, he gave opportunity for Muslim soldiers to observe the jumat on Fridays, and Christian soldiers were allowed to go to church on Sundays. A bigot would allow Muslims, and pretend that Christians didn’t exist.

As the administration winds down (in 14 months) I pray for grace to be able to document my experiences with this President. People would then realize how unfair they’ve been to him. A man more sinned against, rather than sinning.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 18, 2022
Your time is winding down Adesina, and that is great news for humanity. What awaits you will shock you.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2022
“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria”, God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country”

....The spread of Sharia is ‘’a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia whole-heartedly and to educate non-Muslims.

What remains for muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts,educate muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of sharia law” Buhari has made his advocacy for sharia clear, those who wish to vote him to power can either accept it or pretend that it does not matter, 
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/insurgency-buharis-call-full-sharia/

Femi Adeshina mumuism is legendary. He can't pull the wool over those who knows the truth about the unmistakable ethno-religious bigotry, clannishness and supremacist lifestyle of the dullard he is frantically trying to whitewash.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by jyz200(m): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2022
presidency:

Have you ever met a religious bigot before? Pray that you don’t. It’s not an interesting experience, irrespective of the faith the bigot professes.

A bigot is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, and is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people who don’t share what he believes.

I ask again: have you met a religious bigot before? Pray that you don’t. And if you unfortunately do, don’t argue, don’t remonstrate with such person. Just show a clean pair of heels.

President Muhammadu Buhari is a man that had been serially de-marketed, flagellated and excoriated as a religious bigot. It was a narrative deliberately concocted and conjured by those who were afraid of the probity and integrity he could bring into public office. They tarred him with the brush of bigotry, which hindered the man from attaining the presidency for a long while.

But every lie has an expiry date. A time came when the public no longer bought the jejune argument. Pro-Buhari forces fought back vigorously. One of them was eminent virologist, Prof Tam David-West (God rest his soul). He wrote a book with the title ‘16 Sins of Muhammadu Buhari,’ in which he debunked the lies being told against the former military head of state. One of them was the allegation of being a religious bigot.

A larger number of Nigerians got to understand that the bigotry tag was fake, false, an attempt to give the dog a bad name, in order to hang it. Muhammadu Buhari coasted to office as President in 2015, after three earlier trials.

But there is still a remnant that maintains its entrenched position. And they are the ones who look down on us Christians, for going to “work with a Fulani Muslim, a jihadist who does not want to see Christians at all.” True? False.

Who else can you trust more than the man (or woman) that cooks or serves your meal? Possibly nobody. Buhari has Christian cooks, male and female.

And who can you also trust more than the man that drives you? He can decide to do bad, bad things to you. Buhari has Christian drivers.

I was glad to hear Vice President ‘Yemi Osinbajo touch on the matter early this week. While receiving Senegal-based Grand Khalifa of Tijaniya Movement Worldwide, Sheikh Muhammadu Mahi Ibrahim Niass, he said in seven years of working with President Buhari, he has not had any issues with him, particularly in the area of religion.

Said the Vice President: “President Buhari is a serious Muslim, and I am a pastor. Both of us have worked together for about 7 years, we have not had any issues. The President has shown great leadership, he has shown that he wants a country where people of different faiths live in harmony and with love for one another.”

Well spoken, well proven. And I have stories to tell to buttress what VP Osinbajo has said.

Just two weeks ago, someone who was in the inner caucus when President Buhari was putting together his team in 2015, told me a story. It went this way:

“When the President likes you, he just likes you. I remember in 2015, when they brought three names to him as possible media advisers. They were made of Christians and Muslims. He just brought out his pen, and marked your name. That was all.”

A media adviser is in the inner caucus. You can see your boss whenever you want to, and that was what the President told me the very day I resumed: “Adesina, ensure that nobody keeps you away from me. Whenever you want to see me, just come.”

Bigot? He won’t give such position or latitude to a person of different faith.

Early in the first term, one of my spiritual fathers passed on. Rev Cornelius Obasi had taken keen interest in me as a young man growing up in the Foursquare Gospel Church in Lagos. That was in the 1980s.

He was the Assistant Pastor of the branch I attended in Omole area. The main pastor was Rev Felix Meduoye, who later went on to become General Overseer of the Church for many years.

I had completed National Service, was working as a Current Affairs Officer in Radio Lagos. But I never joked with church services, and soon became a teacher in the Sunday School.

One day, after service, Rev Obasi called me. “Brother Femi, you speak good English. Who are you really?” I told him about myself, and thus began a lifelong friendship.

When he passed on (was it late 2015 or 2016?), a two days funeral was being organized. And I wanted to attend, to pay my last respects. So I went to meet the President.

I asked him for two days off, and told him why I needed it. A religious bigot would never hear of such. But not President Buhari. He told me: “I am happy that you’ve decided to go and give last honors to such a man. Please go. We will be here till you return.” And that winsome smile.

When I returned to Abuja, I went to see him again, to say I was back. He welcomed me, and said something I’ll never forget.

“Adesina (he prefers to call me by my surname), I want to thank you for going to honour a man who contributed to bringing you up spiritually. God will give you lada for it.”

I thanked him and left. But lada, what does it mean?

I sought out my friend, Garba Deen Mohammed, now NNPC spokesman. What does lada mean? I told him the story. He laughed, and explained that lada means reward, or wages. He said the President was praying that God will reward me for attending the burial of Rev Cornelius Obasi.

A bigot? I hear.

Our first Christmas in government. December 2015. I wanted to spend the season in Lagos. And I asked him for permission. By all means, he answered. “I know the Vice President, yourself, and some others are church people. Please go. Spend Christmas and New Year with your families. When you now come back, me too I’ll go for a few days.” And he laughed. Bigot? They never want to hear of Christmas. Since 2015, he would give all Christians working with him time off every Easter and Christmas. I like that kind of ‘bigotry.’

When the Foursquare Gospel Church turned 60 years in Nigeria. I told the President, and he gladly agreed to meet with the leadership. He did. Bigot? Please tell me another story.

The Vice President survived an helicopter crash in 2019. The President publicly rejoiced with him, and then at the next Federal Executive Council meeting, he congratulated the VP again. Jocularly, he said: “I can imagine that when the chopper crashed with a bang, VP as a pastor must have shouted, Jesus!Jesus! Jesus! And fortunately, Jesus was not far away, so He saved him.”

We all laughed. But one instructive lesson. Bigots don’t like Jesus. They never want to hear His name, or attribute anything miraculous to Him. Buhari, a bigot? I beg, comot for road, make I pass.

It is said that as a military commander, he gave opportunity for Muslim soldiers to observe the jumat on Fridays, and Christian soldiers were allowed to go to church on Sundays. A bigot would allow Muslims, and pretend that Christians didn’t exist.

As the administration winds down (in 14 months) I pray for grace to be able to document my experiences with this President. People would then realize how unfair they’ve been to him. A man more sinned against, rather than sinning.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity
Interesting but I’m not impressed

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2022
Special Assistant to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has asked Nigerians who are against this administration’s ranching and colony programmes for herdsmen, to have rethink, stressing that farmers are better off living with the ranches and colonies than dying through the persisting conflicts.

"It would be better for those that were oppose to cattle ranching to provide lands than to die in the herdsmen’s attacks.What would the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day?...."
''Giving land for ranching better than death'' Femi Adesina
http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/23/deacon-femi-adesina-shameless-sanballat-bayo-oluwasanmi

Well, Nothing new.This is also the same Femi Adeshina that boldly informed Nigerians that he remains a “dyed-in-the-wool Buharist” irrespective of what others see as “foibles and failings of the administration
https://www.thecable.ng/femi-adesina-nigeria-would-have-been-better-if-buharis-military-regime-had-lasted-longer

So how does sane and rational reasoning/thinking Nigerians expects a man like Femi Adeshina not to sing Buhari's praises to the high heavens despite the disaster he has ever been to this nation?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by DickDastardly(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2022
We have some months to be rid of these idiots.
To me it doesn't matter who takes over, as no human living or dead can be as disastrous as the skinny unfortunate monster packing his bags to leave and never to return no more.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Maxymilliano(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2022
Who get time read this tripe with the current extra ordinary level of hardship in the country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Bobloco: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2022
Femi Adesina, the Curtains are about to fall

It will soon be over and when it is over, it is over

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by money121(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Gutkop: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Okay
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by FEGNO: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
This guy should just shut up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by LilyColin(f): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2022
Nobody dey take is idiot serious.

Baba go just dey write Epistles after sniffing coke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by lekzy116(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2022
Trash����

Very nonsensical cooked-up opinion, just full of grammar and nothing more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Eriokanmi: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2022
The epistle of Femi Adesina to the gullible ones

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by whirlwind7(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2022
Huh.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't listen to, or read anything coming from Femi oponu Adeshina.
Not after he'd shown how brainless he was.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by excomarow(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2022
Omo this article... Hunger dey ooo
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by maticar: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2022
This one go collect wetin big pass slap at the end of this shambolic government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2022
G
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Realists(m): 10:02am On Mar 18, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The epistle of Femi Adesina to the gullible ones

Pastor Osibanjo is the only true miracle man.
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by SmartPolician: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2022
Huncle Femi Adesina, you have a few days in government so you can feel what other Nigerians feel. The good thing is that we can complain but you don't have the locus standi to do the same cheesy
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2022
This puffed up bread always talking rubbish...

Always looking for very funny ways to write rubbish...

Nigeria is almost at the brink of starvation and hunger under his god and all he cares about is his income and pocket

If you have any shame and small integrity, you will weep over the prices of food items in the market. I trust you will always find ways to exonerate Buhari and the demonic party APC.

so because he allowed you attend your Pastors burial now means Christmas for you

NO JUST VEX ME THIS MORNING.... Anyway you have a right to write whatever you want to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2022
So what is the morale of the story

He even started the story with a week rehashed lie.

Can you show us the Christian cook?

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by sirmustyla(m): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2022
Most of the viable MDAs in Nigeria are headed by core Muslims. Femi na mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by Gokoyer1401: 10:14am On Mar 18, 2022
So Femi Adesina is the OP here.

I reserve my comments for you grin
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by SwissMass: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2022
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by mamawa123: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2022
You are part of 25% of people who are living good in this country so I don’t expect anything less than this from you. Bro you don’t feel our pains ……..praise singer
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2022
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted nation work again.

God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2022
Which is which cos now am confused? Religious bigot, Islamic fundamentalist, jihadists, terrorists or brotherhood!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maxwell Ugwuanyi Tells Ndigbo To Prioritize Investing In The South East / Nigerian Army Court Martial 14 STF Soldiers For "Gross Misconduct" / Port Harcourt International Airport Remodelling 90% Complete(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.