Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Penny Stocks: How Profitable? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Penny Stocks: How Profitable? (3517 Views)

Free Guide On How To Start Popcorn Buzines, What You Need And How Profitable It / Rental Business - How Profitable? / Nigerian Penny Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by kauskey(m): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2007
Hello all,

I have watched with keen interests how some penny stocks (eg Tripple Gee, Eternal Oil and Gas) have made many smile to the banks. What are the criteria in investing in penny stocks?

Also, is it advisable to invest in Livestock Feeds plc, Afroil plc, First Aluminium, Polycarps? It seems the prices of these stocks have been on the rise lately. Does any have information on these stocks?

Thanks!
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by egoldman(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2007
would like to know about them penny stocks too,have told my broker to get me cornerstone insurance pl and c & i leasing ,hope i would smile to the banks too ,hehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by ckenneths(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2007
Penny stocks have been having a fantastic performance of late, but I noticed that they are scarce also. Paid my broker for costain, he couldnt buy , so I changed the order to IPWA, still it was not in the market, still I changed the order again to STANDARD INSURANCE, kosi, BOC GASES, no way, UTC and so many others, so how do we get them when they are still cheap.
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by egoldman(m): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2007
i could be wrong on this ,but sometimes it seems that the brokers might not be telling the whole truth as per why it takes them too wrong to buy some shares .
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by kauskey(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2007
It is true that some of these penny stocks are scarce. I have noticed the upward trend in the price of some of them lately. I have told my broker to find out why their prices are on the increase.
Does anybody has any gist about Livestock Feeds plc, Afroil plc?
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by Tmoni(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2007
my broker said the insurance sector is looking good
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by Seun(m): 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2007
When "investors" don't bother to consider the true value of the companies they are investing in, that's a problem.
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by ebony9ja(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2007
Any stocks can be scarce if demand  exceeds supply. it doesnt matter if it is a penny stock or blue chip.  The insurance sector will produce millionaires this year if you invest wisely.As Seun has rightly suggested, keep your nose down and do  your research before putting your money on them. i will say news help a lot in this respect. Example is the 7 or so insurance firms that won the NNPC accounts. if you are fortunate to get the news when it was announced some weeks ago, and you do a quick deligence report on the lucky firms, you should be siting on a tidy profits of 50%-100% by now. I invested in mutual benefit plc after reading about this in financial standard newspaper. If the firm is good enough for NNPC out of 57 firms that applied for the accounts, it should be good enough for my money. Now my problem is when to get out due to fear and greed. I plan to sell tomorrow. 60% or so profit is not bad for a 3 weeks job.it can translate to several thousands or million depend on what you put in. Get my gist,
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by Omoba3(m): 10:38pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ ebony9ja - do you still have access to the article? I would like to hav a read if possible, otherwise can you tell me which companies were chosen by the NNPC?
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by cyprianjr(m): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2007
@ebony9ja, do you still want to sell? abeg holla me o
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by frankiriri(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2007
Whether it is penny stock or blue chip, it is wise to find out what is driving a stocks price to rise. All investment decisions should be based on fundamental information only. Most of the so called penny stocks are rising based on the excess liquidity in the system which ked to the general bull trend. If you cant buy the stocks for keeps then dont bother getting in as getting out may be much more difficult
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by egoldman(m): 8:39am On Mar 26, 2007
Mr Frank , you are very right on that one , i did just that before buying the shares of cornerstone stocks and c % i leasing .
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by gists: 10:04am On Mar 26, 2007
frankiriri:

Most of the so called penny stocks are rising based on the excess liquidity in the system which ked to the general bull trend.

I have also noticed that just as the penny stocks can ride the wave and have their prices rise in no time, its also very easy for the prices to crash as well. If you bought a stock at N2:00 this week and it sells for N3:00 next week, that already 50% profit. But its also 50% loss if it goes for N1:00 the following week.

Buttom line is to do your home work correctly an Frank said. I have benefitted from Evans when it was just about N4, I sold when it was over N8. I guess I was lucky as the price is nose diving presently.
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by sweetchick(f): 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2007
Sorry to sound so dumb but what is the difference between penny and blue chip stock?
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by temmeyj(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2007
Simply put,

, PENNY STOCKS are stocks of very little(penny) value, sometimes they stay at same point for months or even years. Example of penny stocks on the NSE are; AFROIL, AFPRINT, JAPAUL, IPWA, ALUMACO, to mention but a few.
Analysts have shown that it pays to maximize the greatest returns on "penny stocks" wisely invested on.

On the other hand, BLUE CHIP(BC) Stocks are the "BIG BUZZ", the stocks that can not be overlooked, stocks with higher value in terms of price-e.g NESTLE, TOTAL, FLOUR MILL, ETI etc. BC are stocks with higher cost of purchase.

Research has shown that it sometimes pays to get a good 'penny stocks' (based on good fundamentals) that will appreciate in relative to BLUE CHIP whose return might be minimal.
Take for example; if the share price of JAPAUL moves from N1 to N2.59k, and a NESTLE share moves from N234 to N314, what do you think, Yeaaah, comparatively, your N1m in JAPAUL will yield greater return than in NESTLE,

abbii no bii sooo,
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by frankiriri(m): 12:06am On Apr 06, 2007
temmeyj:

Simply put,

, PENNY STOCKS are stocks of very little(penny) value, sometimes they stay at same point for months or even years. Example of penny stocks on the NSE are; AFROIL, AFPRINT, JAPAUL, IPWA, ALUMACO, to mention but a few.
   Analysts have shown that it pays to maximize the greatest returns on "penny stocks" wisely invested on.

On the other hand, BLUE CHIP(BC) Stocks are the "BIG BUZZ", the stocks that can not be overlooked, stocks with higher value in terms of price-e.g NESTLE, TOTAL, FLOUR MILL, ETI etc. BC are stocks with higher cost of purchase.

Research has shown that it sometimes pays to get a good 'penny stocks' (based on good fundamentals) that will appreciate in relative to BLUE CHIP whose return might be minimal. 
    Take for example; if the share price of JAPAUL moves from N1 to N2.59k, and a NESTLE share moves from N234 to N314, what do you think, Yeaaah, comparatively, your N1m in JAPAUL will yield greater return than in NESTLE,

abbii no bii sooo,
Try finding a buyer for the two stocks and you will realise which one has greater liquidity.
Your so called higher gain can be wiped out by an inabilty fo find buyers at the right time
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by egoldman(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2007
Try finding a buyer for the two stocks and you will realise which one has greater liquidity.
Your so called higher gain cab be wiped out by an inabilty fo find buyers at the right time
this one na point ooooh wink wink wink
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by madeonline(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2008
Penny stocks are sweet , I made 100% gain off Footwear! and 200% off Morison!
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by mayorking(m): 3:09am On Apr 04, 2008
There is a lot to gain from investing in penny stocks.However one must do his own due diligence to research the company in terms of the fundamentals.That is the only way to make sure that your investment is not going down the drain.The insurance sector is the next big thing to happen now in view of the consolidation and one must take position in the good coys moreover when most of them are still under #5 which can make them qualify as penny stocks.
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by stockbull(m): 4:43am On Jul 11, 2013
penny stocks prices seldom move but can earn huge profit if done well.get free alert of such profitable penny stocks on www.prostockalert.com
Re: Penny Stocks: How Profitable? by ssolaoye: 10:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
Successful secrets about how to trade and make money from penny stocks in Nigeria.

https://nairabarter.com/blog/trading-penny-stocks-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

3months Used Bakery Items For Sale / What Businesses To Start After The Strike. / How To Get Unlimited Megabyte On Glo For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.