Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,950 members, 7,845,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike (21541 Views)

Abductors Demand N100 Million For Ekiti School Children, Teachers / OShiomhole’s Removal: APC National Officers Demand Urgent Meeting / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Bapayec: 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
A country gone to the dogs
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Princedapace(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
bizbrainko:
They deserve it. Honestly inflation has rendered the minimum wage useless. Except government do something about the rising dollar, we are in trouble.

The people who give these useless politicians power are police and soldiers. I wish govt will not listen to them so that these boys who are mainly junior officers will go gaga. They are already asking questions about how much senators earn for doing nothing.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Emma1Oj(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
Make una go na.. no be trouble and oppression una dey dispatch all this while?

Me I no go miss una.. we have been guarding and protecting ourselves since 1922.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Benny6944: 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
crossfm:
The problem is,will it stop them from extorting innocent Nigerian's on the way.

If this can stop them from their bribery and corruption, then its a welcome idea.

You think through your anus. those that get high pay, have they stopped extorting from the innocents?
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Benny6944: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
DeathToAfonja:
It won't stop them from collecting 20 naira

you wont be able to spew this nonsense if someone close to you is in the police. That's why they are gullible in some aspect because of their little pay
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Obagofixxy: 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
that day go hot ohhhhhhhh

E go be like movie

"the purge "
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Agugbadin: 1:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
With the dangers that comes with the police job I support the 100K minimum wage for the police. It is not too much for them.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Mrsoft3(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
Let them go and strike and demand for good welfare
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Angelfrost(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
I am actually shocked that people who put their lives daily on the line to keep the streets safe collect less than 100k as minimum wage...

Yet lawmakers who have absolutely no leadership value to the average Nigerian earn in 7 to 8 figures every month, doing next to nothing.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by LOVEGINO(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nairalanders howfa na? We no go strikes also?
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Slurity(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
bizbrainko:
They deserve it. Honestly inflation has rendered the minimum wage useless. Except government do something about the rising dollar, we are in trouble.
with what qualifications Do they have to deserve it, school teaching with years of education and training get peanut, yet police officer with primary sch cert want 100,000 plus everyday 2-10k they make through extortion. You did not even consider if Nigeria has such money, you did not considered that Nigeria may not be able to even recruit to add to the police that are already too small in numbers. Haba. Are you aware that DPO current salary is more that most senior principal even with PHD certificate? The lowest level salary is collecting more than the smallest in politics that went to just 4 months training to become police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Elgaxton:
N100,000 is too small as minimum wage for a SECURITY PERSONNEL. Too tiny abeg.
you'll be surprised to learned that army private salary is 52k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by sterlingD(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
But the news of Nigeria Police strike warning was dispelled that it is fake news.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by LordIsaac(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Then it is time for all other agencies, departments and ministeries to go on strike. Prison warders too deserve not less than 100k wage.
It is an indictment and great shame to our senators and representatives who earn millions in an impoverished nation.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Isobug: 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
I support them on this only if the will not take bribe again. In fact they even deserve more than that but they should do their work without blemish
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

Are you reporting from the old Nigeria??

Oga is now #100 naira only

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Angelfrost(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Slurity:
with what qualifications Do they have to deserve it, school teaching with years of education and training get peanut, yet police officer with primary sch cert want 100,000 plus everyday 2-10k they make through extortion. You did not even consider if Nigeria has such money, you did not considered that Nigeria may not be able to even recruit to add to the police that are already too small in numbers. Haba. Are you aware that DPO current salary is more that most senior principal even with PHD certificate? The lowest level salary is collecting more than the smallest in politics that went to just 4 months training to become police.

What qualifications do lawmakers and ambassadors have, or what valuable services do they render to make them earn what they earn monthly?!!

On what grounds should president spend billions yearly on medical trips?!!!

I don't like Nigerian Police, but I detest hypocrisy even more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by kingyakos: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
45k wey I dey use stake one ticket for B9, na it be police salary and policemen wey sabi get plenty children
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by EdwardRandy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Will agreeing to their demand stop them from collectinng N50 bribe from motorists
To an extent it will bro. I no like police from day one but e no mean say I no go talk true, those guys are seriously maltreated in this country. People got no respect for them due to their poor state of life and affairs.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by lesbiconverter: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
I support this

if you give them more they will do their jobs with honor and efficiency.

It's the hardship that brings the evil out of most of them

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Tobest94: 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
The truth is that, how can police officers be earning less than $200 monthly? How will they even take care of their children and cater for themselves without bribe?

This is part of what the end sars protest was about but the dumb-head Nigeria police officers can’t even think well to know who is fighting for them.. They interrupted the protest and turned it to something else only for them to embark on another, months After
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Generalwoodz:
Any Police seen protesting should be shot, manhandled, swiftly pursued until hte trips and falls into a dirt gutter. Where he must drink a considerable gallons, and he's made to frog jump in the wake.

Any police personnel seen protesting should be grabbed roughly on the belt and dragged to the station like a goat.

Shots should be fired. Tears gas fired until the police protesters gasp for breathe or better still faint.

Batons Should be used in dealing them heavy blows, while blood trickle from their noses.

Thundering slaps should disfigure their corrupt faces too.

Since this strike talk is gradually gaining momentum, same shits, inhumane, and unwholesome treatments they subjected innocent and poor EndSars protesters to, must be given to them 100%.

During ENDSARS, these rogues suppressed all our strategies and made young Nigerians shed tears all because we were demanding for something beneficial. Something that would greatly change the entire force. Sadly, they couldn't see beyond their nose.

Nobody's protesting.

Tit for tat.

Karma is a fuccking damn sweet bitch
Where did the police suppress ur strategy? I can't remember?

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by lesbiconverter: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Will agreeing to their demand stop them from collectinng N50 bribe from motorists
it will. Most of them never wish to stoop low to that
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Tobest94: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Slurity:
with what qualifications Do they have to deserve it, school teaching with years of education and training get peanut, yet police officer with primary sch cert want 100,000 plus everyday 2-10k they make through extortion. You did not even consider if Nigeria has such money, you did not considered that Nigeria may not be able to even recruit to add to the police that are already too small in numbers. Haba. Are you aware that DPO current salary is more that most senior principal even with PHD certificate? The lowest level salary is collecting more than the
smallest in politics that went to just 4 months training to become police.
They’re securing lives with risk of death and you’re here talking about qualifications? Are they not complaining about their minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Tomilola360: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
bizbrainko:

if u don't cut ursef off from dependency on the dollar, your currency remains shitty.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
Slurity:
If you want them to be effective, then the salary is too small for them, they are not doing the same job with teachers, they are putting their lives and time on the line and the inflation is biting everyone hard rn
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by clockwisereport: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
DeathToAfonja:

it is now 100 naira
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
Angelfrost:

What qualifications do lawmakers and ambassadors have, or what valuable services do they render to make them earn what they earn monthly?!!

On what grounds should president spend billions yearly on medical trips?!!!

I don't like Nigerian Police, but I detest hypocrisy even more.
I need to frame this and put it in my palor
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by ibechris(m): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Even if u pay them 3million naira daily,Nigeria police force is shamefully the worst force in the whole world.

I am talking with facts on my hand and because of my personal experience I don't think they deserve even to be paid with their stupid attitudes to work.

The most corrupt organisation on earth.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by edosignature(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
The Nigerian Police deserved all the pay they're asking for.

Security a nation is not a childs play. I wholeheartedly support the NPF on this.
Re: Police Officers Demand N100,000 Minimum Wage Or Go On Strike by letitrainnow(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
Can you imagine? Police go on strike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally, Fuel Will Be Sold At 60 Naira Per Litre From 12th June 2019 / APC Appoints Lanre Issa-Oniku As New Spokesperson / Federal Government Privatises Warri Port Terminal For N105 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.