Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,379 members, 7,954,540 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Jussie Smollett Sentenced To Jail For Staging Hate Crime - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jussie Smollett Sentenced To Jail For Staging Hate Crime (291 Views)

Jussie Smollett Found Guilty Of Lying To Police In Hate Crime Hoax / Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report / How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jussie Smollett Sentenced To Jail For Staging Hate Crime by stunnert(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2022
THE ACTOR WILL BE SPENDING FIVE MONTHS BEHIND BARS

American superstar and actor has been sentenced to jail for staging a disgraceful scheme to fake a hate crime.
The ruling was given by a Chicago judge on Tuesday, March 10, 2022.

According to the judge, the actor will be spending five months in prison for scheming and carrying out a fake hate crime.
Smollett was last seen led away in handcuffs and saying
“I did not do this and I am not suicidal and if anything happens to me when I go there, I did not do it to myself and you must all know that.”

The ruling came months after he was found guilty of five out of six-count charges levelled against him
The actor claimed to have been attacked by two men who beat him up, tied a noose around his neck, and poured bleach on him.

It would be recalled that Smollett was hospitalised after he was reportedly injured by two men in what looks like a homophobic attack back in January 2019

There were reportedly two men wearing ski masks that aggressively attacked Jussie as he fought back.

Unfortunately he suffered a fractured rib, and the attackers put a rope around his neck and poured bleach on him as they yelled, “This is MAGA country.”

The Osundairo brothers were later named in the alleged attack on Smollett.

Re: Jussie Smollett Sentenced To Jail For Staging Hate Crime by HopeNeverDies: 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
Damnnnn!!!! What??

(1) (Reply)

Welcome Home”– Davido Says As His Over N300m Lamborghini Aventador Arrives Ikoyi / Hustle & Bustle ‘on Fire’ As Rick Ross, Others Storm Club On Easter Monday / Forget The Tears, She Is Dating A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.