Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu (17353 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Prediction Of 2023 Presidential Election By Deji Adeyanju / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
BIANCA POTENTIAL

By: Deji Yesufu

During my days in Ahmadu Bello University, there was a lady who had come to my school for her undergraduate studies at about the same time. My family and hers remain family friends till this day. This young woman went to school at a Federal Government Girls’ College (FGGC) in Eastern Nigeria and because of her exposure and travels, I was always intrigued by stories she told us. One of such stories was about how Bianca Ojukwu, wife of the late Biafran warlord, Odumegwu Ojukwu, had visited her school and spent some time talking with her and her friends. Bianca had just won the beauty pageant that launched her into fame and I doubt she was even married to Ojukwu as of this time.

My friend told me that quite naturally all the girls in the school flocked out to see Bianca and the beauty queen took her time to interact with them. At some point she began to ask them what they wanted to become in life. Everyone had one thing or the other to say. One of the girls told Bianca that she wanted to become a beauty queen like herself. At that point all the girls let out shrills – of course doubting the young girl. Bianca quieted the girls and told them that this girl had potentials. As if to shut off their disbelief, Bianca pointed at the girl’s fair skin and her particularly slim and long legs as marks that could stand her out in a beauty contest.

Incidentally I knew this girl because she happened to have schooled in ABU too. Long story short, this girl, Nkem, soon bagged the nick-name: “Bianca Potential”. The story of Bianca Potential did not go on to become the fairy tale many of her mates had envisioned for her. Nkem married a wealthy Igbo man. Her husband restrained her from pursuing any other career and thus became a full time house wife. Nkem lost all her potentials to child bearing and overweight and soon died a little more than a decade after we all left school. She never fulfilled her potentials. When the story of the slap-fest between Bianca Ojukwu and Willie Obiano’s wife broke yesterday, I sent a text to my friend saying that I didn’t know that Bianca had potentials for slapping too. My friend replied that she was just learning the same.

This article is not meant to examine the propriety of the actions of the two high class ladies at the inaugural ceremony of Prof. Charles Soludo as Governor of Anambra State yesterday. It is impossible to do justice to the subject because whatever will make a human being resort to diatribes in the manner that Mrs. Obiano did yesterday and which also brought fort the violence in Mrs. Ojukwu – no one can say for certainty. Clearly the two ladies were once allies who have now become arc enemies.

It is however safe to state two things: first, like the story of Bianca which I just relayed, especially the Bianca before becoming Biafra’s matriarch, shows that Ojukwu’s wife can be humane. While others felt Nkem had no potential, Bianca could see one. She encouraged Nkem with her words such that by the time I will see her at ABU, she had clearly become a beauty to behold. And save for bad judgement from a husband and death, Nkem might indeed have gone on to become Ms. Nigeria – all thanks to Bianca. In other words, the ladies who turned to fist cuffs yesterday are normal human beings and yesterday may just have been a particularly low point for them. And thus they should not be defined by it.

Secondly, and more importantly, the story of the relationship between Nigerian politicians – including the relationship between their wives is a tragic one to behold. I understand that historically the Western Region that degenerated to violence in the early 1960s, was actually the outplay of a feudal war between Chief Awolowo wife and the wife of Chief Akintola who was the sitting Premier of that region at that time. Awolowo’s wife was the sole distributor of Coca-cola in Nigeria then. After her husband had left office, Akintola’s wife felt she should also have a slice in that pie too. Their disagreement led to the South West boiling and the sacking of the democratic government of that day by the military.

I am saying that if left unchecked, disagreement between two ladies could lead to a tragic end. It is not likely that Bianca’s feud with Mrs. Obiano will extend any further though because the former Governor has other fish to fry as he must now explain himself to the EFCC, who arrested him at MMA yesterday as he sought to leave the country for the USA, following the end of his tenure as Governor. Willie Obiano will very likely elude the Nigerian ant graft agency in another few years, after he would have settled himself out of court with some plea bargaining.

It is all a summary of the tragic situation we have found ourselves in as a people in Nigeria. Tragedy just as it happened in the life of a young woman I didn’t know too well but who was called “Bianca Potential” because she had potentials to be great but perished before her days even begun

Source: https://textandpublishing.com/bianca-potential/

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by chatinent: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
What our leaders need is biancacetamol. I mean massive dosage prescribed by the public, that will be more than the one given to Ebele.

Politicians need to be biancad.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
chatinent:
What our leaders need is biancacetamol.

wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Gastavwtt: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by McOluOmo: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by anambraamaka: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
The thing is not funny
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by MonkeyMods(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Bianca is Brainy, Beautiful and Bold

A typical Igbo woman

Ajonja women only know how to sell agbo jedi

Leodeking can go and fry amala

I dont care!

PS: No need mentioning me cos I won't open or answer you!

18 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Omicron007: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
shocked
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by westlius(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Gastavwtt:
Ok
I will just Bianca u if u dont remove this rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by vinceyinnovation: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
anambraamaka:
The thing is not funny

Though I did not read it but I believe it was not written to crack jokes

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by 9jaBloke: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
smiley
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by ElValiente(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
grin
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by AustineCJ: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
H
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Bianca is a FFK left over
Community woman

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by excomarow(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
chatinent:
What our leaders need is biancacetamol.

Or Biancaslaptamisyn, it will help.

Omo if you wan slap person now e go be like... I go Bianca you now you dey jones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by LeviCy: 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Na wah for them o

Anyone interested in renting this car for their weddings or other occasions , LAGOS ONLY .....

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Pweetyccee(f): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by anambraamaka: 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
LeviCy:
Na wah for them o

For who?
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by okeyumez(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
Anambra women are always too violent. Pride, arrogance, lack of respect, greed for money, lust for power, thuggish life, domineering, and slapping skills are their way of life.

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Ishilove: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
A very unnecessary article. Very unnecessary

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by dynicks(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
You people should respect yourselves and leave me alone ooo!!...I'm not the only human who has received a character resetting slap before!!

Wey una keep mouth like PIPIRO!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by omenkaLives(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Too much of everything is bad. Make this matter rest abeg.
Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
hugeo:
story, you yaf said.ya hun
u don collect b4?
angry grin

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Cantonese: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Eye opener.

Also a warning to those wives of political leaders and women in political positions. No one is too big to be taught such a lesson.

Fighting among political leaders is not new. We have witnessed fights in the states and National Assemblies both in and outside Nigeria. Mrs. Obiano for me, thought that she already had victory over Mrs. Ojukwu, having played a part in stopping Mrs. Ojukwu from getting the senate ticket of APGA in 2019. Out of her delusion, she wanted to have a last go at Mrs. Ojukwu, but ended up ingloriously in getting the title of the only First Lady in Nigeria who received a slap on her hand over day.

Mrs. Ojukwu has assumed the title of Ojiakanti eme ogo 1 in Nigeria. That means the one who uses slaps as gifts. Any such lady like governors wives and political office holders throw decorum to the winds should be sent to Ichie Ojiakanti eme ogo 1 to receive the gift.

6 Likes

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by Eriokanmi: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Bianca for president. She'd be thougher than Margaret Tatcher cheesy

But why uncle femi fani kayode didn't marry this woman still dey surprise me, despite such a long time spent on dating

1 Like

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by NwaNimo1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2022

Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by iCauseTrouble: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Rubbish sad

1 Like

Re: Bianca Potential By Deji Yesufu by GloriousGbola: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ishilove:
A very unnecessary article. Very unnecessary

Unnecessary? More like meaningless. I could not make head or tail of where the article was going.

It reads like - so the fracas between ebele and bianca is a thing, everyone is commenting on it, therefore I will too, even if I make absolutely no sense while doing so

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Acquired New Equipment To Monitor Each Litre Of Oil Taken - Komolafe / Why Is Buhari Disgracing This Country Where Ever He Goes? Pix / Don’t Criminalise Miyetti Allah, Presidency Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.