Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help (1820 Views)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / Please Help, My Car Is Drinking Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by ayusadeg(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
I got a used Toyota Camry 97 Pencil light in December 2021, after a month I noticed the fuel consumption is on the high side, the full tank of 70L got exhausted at 200km and the calculation has been consistent which is not up to 3km/Litre in consumption rate within the city.

All the Mechanics and Rewire I took the car to keep saying the same thing that it does not have any reason to consume abnormally that the work is perfect. The diagnostic tool didn't detect any fault related to fuel consumption, plugs, injector, airflow meter all in perfect condition.

One of them suggested catalyst, I told him I can't afford the follow come catalyst, I decided to buy a cheaper one but no improvement noticed.

Please I really need help to solve this problem, location is Ibadan.
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Jennyclay(f): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Expertise (machanics and rewire) have already explained to you that your car is perfect, so what else do you want us to do or say.

Go and buy Toyota corolla for fuel management and stop disturbing our peace. You just don't want to buy fuel, go and be using water na.

Is everything you people want to manage, there was a thread someone was asking how can he price his school fees so that he could bit it down a little. I was just SMH.

Omo ijebu.

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by garriAndsugar: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jennyclay:
Expertise (machanics and rewire) have already explained to you that your car is perfect, so what else do you want us to do or say.

Go and buy Toyota corolla for fuel management and stop disturbing our peace. You just don't want to be buying fuel, be using water na.

Omo ijebu.
grin
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Ahmed0336(m): 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jennyclay:

Go and buy Toyota corolla for fuel management and stop disturbing our peace. You just don't want to buy fuel, go and be using water na.

Is everything you people want to manage, there was a thread someone was asking how can he price his school fees so that he could bit it down a little. I was just SMH.

Omo ijebu.

You no get joy at all at all grin

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by VOsimhen144(m): 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jennyclay:

Omo ijebu.
Lol grin grin. I swear this babe na werey grin. Make e go negotiate the school fees with V.C
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
ayusadeg:
I got a used Toyota Camry 97 Pencil light in December 2021, after a month I noticed the fuel consumption is on the high side, the full tank of 70L got exhausted at 200km and the calculation has been consistent which is not up to 3km/Litre in consumption rate within the city.

All the Mechanics and Rewire I took the car to keep saying the same thing that it does not have any reason to consume abnormally that the work is perfect. The diagnostic tool didn't detect any fault related to fuel consumption, plugs, injector, airflow meter all in perfect condition.

One of them suggested catalyst, I told him I can't afford the follow come catalyst, I decided to buy a cheaper one but no improvement noticed.

Please I really need help to solve this problem, location is Ibadan.
hope the fuel economy hasn't been removed. Check am out. Even my vboot with electric injector na 10 liters per 100 km for express
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by ayusadeg(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Jennyclay:

Omo ijebu.

It is obvious with the way the car is drinking fuel with 2.9km/Litre consumption rate is abnormal and outrageous, that is why am here if I can get help, those expert saying nothing is wrong probably might not get it. All you could offer is to insult someone who needs help.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by ayusadeg(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
Vickyvice:
hope the fuel economy hasn't been removed. Check am out. Even my vboot with electric injector na 10 liters per 100 km for express

Thanks, The catalyst I bought is not effective, no significant change.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Kingdemu: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
Vickyvice:
How dem dey tek remove am? I go wan service my own

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kingdemu:
How dem dey tek remove am? I go wan service my own
haaaa. E dey for exhaust pot beginning inside.least price is 180. Funny enough na years after them remove am u go know.most people don't know what it is sef
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by ksmart027(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Check your oxygen sensors, the might be bad.

4 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
ayusadeg:

Thanks, The catalyst I bought is not effective, no significant change.
nuzzle/valve grinding/adjustment. Yes it is the problem.. Do it and see d car use one gallon in 60 km plus along express speed

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by Dozieson(m): 4:36am On Mar 19, 2022
Share the codes here. The car is calibrated in miles not kilometers
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by cmoney22222: 7:14am On Mar 19, 2022
Evil �
Jennyclay:

Omo ijebu.
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by PAQ(m): 8:46am On Mar 19, 2022
Start with buying the proper catalyst for your car and make sure the O2 sensors are plugged in, cleaned and working not just the pot. Check your tires alignment & its compartments, poorly inflated tires can affect fuel economy. Use the right engine oil for your car, not just any oil, have your injectors checked, also have your mechanic change your engine air filter.

If all these dont show any improvements, then i believe your piston rings are worn out. The previous owner probably didnt change oil as at when due or used any oil his mechanic gave him.
Re: My Toyota Camry 97 Pencil Is Drinking Too Much Fuel, I Need Help by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Do you have a scanner?

(1) (Reply)

Driving Tips For A Learner / Tehnical Assistance Need For A 2003 Honda Accord V6 / Drivers Be Warned;new Robbery Tactics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.