Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Career Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice (560 Views)

Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / 5 Career Advice You Should Absolutely Ignore / Best Career Advice Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Advice by karlxavier(m): 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
all please.

I want to take a course between these three skills.

UX/UI design
Cyber security
Project management
(Website developer -full stack This one is a bit technical)

Please, between this four, I want to know the best and the one that has the highest career prospects and the one I can use to relocate abroad if I want to use it to relocate and the one that has a massive job opportunities and good salaries.

Please your responses are needed. These are the careers

Any advice on an IT skill would be appreciated as well
Re: Career Advice by SKhanmi: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Look for introductory courses in the mentioned skills, go through them and choose.

For UI/UX google the Accenture user experience course (free)

For cyber security try cybrary.io

You can check Coursera, Udacity, Udemy etc for the last two.

Lastly, it would be easier if you find a career path you have a passion for and develop skills in it.
Re: Career Advice by olioxx(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2022
karlxavier I'll highly suggest Cyber Security or Full-Stack Web Development.
Why?
CyberSec has a really high job prospect, the stats shows a lot of unfilled positions. With cybersec skills you can relocate abroad and source for jobs, and if fortunate you can get a sponsored job. CyberSec has massive job opportunities and pays well.
Fullstack Web Dev is also profitable too.
If you go the CyberSec route, please try to get a SANS(GIAC) certification with the exception of Pentration Testing, for that OSCP it is.
Re: Career Advice by olioxx(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2022
These certs are quite expensive, so once you have funds try get them, it makes difference. In addition, as you are developing your hard(technical) skills also develop your soft skills because your soft skill is equally or more important than just hard skills.
In 2022 sometimes soft skills is the difference between getting that job or not, soft skills is also the difference between someone earning Xdollars and another person earning Ydollars.
Jobberman has a soft skill training, do your research on that.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Got This Job Invite / Nairalanders;my Friend Needs Help / Pure Diesel For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.