Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,238 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin (1662 Views)

Vladimir Putin Dives Into Ice Frozen Lake To Celebrate Epiphany (Photos, Vids) / Zookeeper Mauled By 16-foot Crocodile In Front Of Terrified Crowd / French President Macron Slapped During Crowd Walkabout (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
BBC News
Eight years after Russian troops seized Ukraine's southern region of Crimea, the event is being celebrated with a concert.

Putin hails Crimea annexation and war with lessons on heroism
bbc.com
11 mins · Public
Like Page · Save · More

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60793319

Eight years after Russian troops seized Ukraine's southern region of Crimea, the event is being celebrated with flag-waving crowds in Moscow's Luzhniki stadium and special lessons in schools.
President Vladimir Putin made a special appearance before the crowd.
State workers said they had been told to take part. In schools, teachers held lessons marking the "Crimean spring".
The Russian army has used its bases in Crimea to seize towns and cities on Ukraine's south coast.
Mr Putin has regularly used the anniversary to highlight love of the motherland.
Officials said more than 200,000 people had gathered at the stadium, although the numbers could not be verified. The stadium's official capacity is 81,000, but there were also large crowds outside.
President Putin praised the military, who he said had demonstrated Russian unity: "When needed, they shield each other from bullets with their bodies like brothers. Such unity we have not had for a long time." He also repeated the false claim that Russian troops were protecting people in areas of eastern Ukraine from genocide.

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Who will sanction USA for invading other countries and killing millions innocent people including children. 1950 - Attack on Puerto Rico 1950 - 1953 - Attack on Korea 1958 - Lebanon 1958 - War on Panama 1959 - US troops enter Laos The second and final part 1959 - Attack on Haiti 1960 - US military operation in Ecuador 1960 - Invasion of Panama 1965 - 1973 - Bloody invasion of Vietnam 1966 - Attack on Guatemala 1966 - Indonesia's military support against the Philippines 1971 - 1973 - Bombardment of Laos 1972 - Attack on Nicaragua 1986 - Invasion of Libya and bombing of Libya 1988 - US invades Honduras 1988 - Attack on an Iranian passenger plane and the massacre of all 290 people on board 1989 - Unrest in the Virgin Islands 1991 - Extensive military operations in Iraq (first Persian Gulf War) 1992 - 1994 - Occupation of Somalia and excessive violence against its inhabitants 1998 - Attack on Sudan. 1999 - US launches war against Yugoslavia under NATO cover. The bombing of this country lasted 78 days and Yugoslavia disintegrated. 2001 - The invasion and occupation of Afghanistan under the pretext of pursuing al-Qaeda, which later proved that al-Qaeda was equipped by the Americans themselves !!! 2003 - Invasion and occupation of Iraq without UN authorization more than a million people died total destruction 2011 - Attack on Libya after the victory of the revolution and the overthrow of Gaddafi 2011 - Official support for armed terrorist groups in Syria with the aim of overthrowing the elected regime of the Syrian people USA loves invading lol...... God bless putin God bless mother Russia

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Aonkuuse(m): 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Toh
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by triple996(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's seems the west have failed in their media proprtgander

5 Likes

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by triple996(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
It's seems the west have failed in their media propagander

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by ivolt: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
A Nigerian who is surprised at this need his head examined.
How hard is it to organize crowd for rallies?

2 Likes

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Remman(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
This looks staged to me and i'm very sure we the outside world are the ones fed with this. A good editor can do this from football match footages while closed up ones are actual people, bribed. Putin that is very much afraid of being assinated can't come out to the open to this extent na, a small drone can do the job with just a bullet... And if this is true, then Russians are not what they made people think about them!

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
triple996:
It's seems the west have failed in their media propagander

Video we just watched of massive crowd hailing him like 2Pac.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Minime10(f): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
Remman:
This looks staged to me and i'm very sure we the outside world are the ones fed with this. A good editor can do this from football match footages while closed up ones are actual people, bribed. Putin that is very much afraid of being assinated can't come out to the open to this extent na, a small drone can do the job with just a bullet... And if this is true, then Russians are not what they made people think about them!

I don't blame you. If your sai baba had given you light, you would have watch the event live, instead of coming to disgrace yourself ontop nairaland. You think Russia is like the Apc that arranged paid crowed for it rallies

10 Likes

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Remman(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
Minime10:

I don't blame you. If your sai baba had given you light, you would have watch the event live, instead of coming to disgrace yourself ontop nairaland. You think Russia is like the Apc that arranged paid crowed for it rallies
you're those type of people that watch Buhari's recorded tapes on October 1st as live news and the ones that think crowds in hollywood movies are real.

You obviously lack the knowledge of what guru film editors can do for you on the screen and make you believe it's a live show. Now i see the extent of movie impact on you. Read my comment again. That's my opinion and i stand firmly on that. You can chose to believe whatever you've seen or been told. It doesn't change my take on this report.

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by SUPERPACK: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
Remman:
Where will the drone fly from when network jamming devices are all around the president. Even Buhari cannot be shot from a drone how much more Putin. If it is easy to shoot a head of state from a drone Syria's president would have been long gone but eno easy at all to fly close to a president. We are talking of a temporal no fly zone here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Remman:
you're those type of people that watch Buhari's recorded tapes on October 1st as live news and the ones that think crowds in hollywood movies are real.

You obviously lack the knowledge of what guru film editors can do for you on the screen and make you believe it's a live show. Now i see the extent of movie impact on you. Read my comment again. That's my opinion and i stand firmly on that. You can chose to believe whatever you've seen or been told. It doesn't change my take on this report.

It's hard to accept Russians support Putin on this?

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by chopnaira: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Remman:

Yeah even Abacha had 2 million man March cool.
I remember the likes of Onyeka Onwenu, Shina Peters, Felix Liberty e.t.c. all playing at the event to chop national cake.

These Russians are most likely there to get paid and not because they like Putin.

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Walkee: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
E really pain Western media. Look at the rubbish they're spinning "we didn't want to be here"
How do you force or pay nearly 200k (90k inside and nearly 100k outside) people to show up to an event?
People become more patriotic during war. No matter how much you hate your country or president you will end up supporting them during war. You have to be cursed to pray your country lose a war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Walkee: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Remman:
Putin security service have over 50k active personnel. It will be easier for you to walk inside hell fire and tickle Satan's testicles than shoot Putin. If that man is coming to Abuja, his security will land at least one month before his arrival and sweep the entire hotel, replace everything, jam all the network etc. Why would Russians even think of assassinating him?
If Putin dies this current Russia quickly crumble and becomes US puppet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Ekoblendedsince: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
This one no reach paid crowd wey Dem dey organize for one country like that we all know about na.

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
According to western media propaganda. But if you look at the crowd and the way they respond you will understand that they really support Putin look at his approval rating you cannot compare his approval rating with any western leader. Kiss the truth hate him love him he is loved by majority of the people.��������
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Who will sanction USA for invading other countries and killing millions innocent people including children. 1950 - Attack on Puerto Rico 1950 - 1953 - Attack on Korea 1958 - Lebanon 1958 - War on Panama 1959 - US troops enter Laos The second and final part 1959 - Attack on Haiti 1960 - US military operation in Ecuador 1960 - Invasion of Panama 1965 - 1973 - Bloody invasion of Vietnam 1966 - Attack on Guatemala 1966 - Indonesia's military support against the Philippines 1971 - 1973 - Bombardment of Laos 1972 - Attack on Nicaragua 1986 - Invasion of Libya and bombing of Libya 1988 - US invades Honduras 1988 - Attack on an Iranian passenger plane and the massacre of all 290 people on board 1989 - Unrest in the Virgin Islands 1991 - Extensive military operations in Iraq (first Persian Gulf War) 1992 - 1994 - Occupation of Somalia and excessive violence against its inhabitants 1998 - Attack on Sudan. 1999 - US launches war against Yugoslavia under NATO cover. The bombing of this country lasted 78 days and Yugoslavia disintegrated. 2001 - The invasion and occupation of Afghanistan under the pretext of pursuing al-Qaeda, which later proved that al-Qaeda was equipped by the Americans themselves !!! 2003 - Invasion and occupation of Iraq without UN authorization more than a million people died total destruction 2011 - Attack on Libya after the victory of the revolution and the overthrow of Gaddafi 2011 - Official support for armed terrorist groups in Syria with the aim of overthrowing the elected regime of the Syrian people USA loves invading lol...... God bless putin God bless mother Russia

1 Like

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by slimghost(m): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nothing strange here. With 70% war approval rate by Russians, this shouldn’t be a surprise. Forget the western propaganda.
Russians hate imperialists and are United against them.

3 Likes

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Remman(m): 11:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
StaffofOrayan:

It's hard to accept Russians support Putin on this?
Yeah, it's very hard for Russians to just support Putin on this because at the start of this war, before they were cut off from facebook, twitter, instagram and youtube, a huge number of them protested against the war. It wasn't even the western media that projected them, it was their citizens like we used twitter during #endsars and they were the ones who reported that they were arrested for protesting and recently a journalist appeared on their national TV with a No war protest card. Now we're seeing a huge number of people in Putin's support. Even after sacking a thousand aides for fear of been poisoned. Putin just want to decieve the world that he has the support of his people just as he decieved the world and his people that he has no intention of invading Ukraine and that his military were just conducting an exercise on Ukraine's border. Lol, but we all know the end story.

Can't believe it, man
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by sunboy(m): 12:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

True but there’s no justification for that Ukraine invasion.
1. nato won’t accept Ukraine again cos of its break away regions
2. Russia already annexed Crimea, Luhansk and Donesk region… Ukraine can’t do shit anyway, so no reason to invade their country.
3. If they want their president out, there are other ways to take out the president without causing civilian destructions.

I can go on and on, I’m not supporting any side. Just trying to be objective.
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by ken6488(m): 12:33am On Mar 19, 2022
slimghost:
Nothing strange here. With 70% war approval rate by Russians, this shouldn’t be a surprise. Forget the western propaganda.
Russians hate imperialists and are United against them.
People think it is Putin

Even if you kill Putin today

The next president will be finish the job

2 Likes

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by ariesbull: 12:42am On Mar 19, 2022
Remman:
you can't stage over 200k people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Mofun: 12:44am On Mar 19, 2022
Brainwashing them further in a bid to appeal greatly to their sentiments? Anyway, there is no justification for wickedness and brutality.

Please check my signature. https://www.nairaland.com/6679289/more-theilda-concepts
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by yyba: 1:18am On Mar 19, 2022
Walkee:
Putin security service have over 50k active personnel. It will be easier for you to walk inside hell fire and tickle Satan's testicles than shoot Putin. If that man is coming to Abuja, his security will land at least one month before his arrival and sweep the entire hotel, replace everything, jam all the network etc. Why would Russians even think of assassinating him?
If Putin dies this current Russia quickly crumble and becomes US puppet
comrade a lot of kids are now in nairaland without history of reading, but are quick to type rubbish. PUTIN is the most guided human being in whole world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2022
Remman:
Yeah, it's very hard for Russians to just support Putin on this because at the start of this war, before they were cut off from facebook, twitter, instagram and youtube, a huge number of them protested against the war. It wasn't even the western media that projected them, it was their citizens like we used twitter during #endsars and they were the ones who reported that they were arrested for protesting and recently a journalist appeared on their national TV with a No war protest card. Now we're seeing a huge number of people in Putin's support. Even after sacking a thousand aides for fear of been poisoned. Putin just want to decieve the world that he has the support of his people just as he decieved the world and his people that he has no intention of invading Ukraine and that his military were just conducting an exercise on Ukraine's border. Lol, but we all know the end story.

Can't believe it, man

https://www.newsweek.com › vladi...
Vladimir Putin's Approval Rating Gets Boost: Poll - Newsweek
6 days ago — The Russian leader saw an increased approval rating from 69 percent in January 2022, to 71 percent in February, 2022. That is the highest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news
Russian trust in Putin has SURGED since the invasion of Ukraine | Daily Mail Online
2 Mar 2022 — Eighteen per cent said they did not trust Putin, down from 29 per ... Putin's approval rating went from 60 to 71 per cent in less than

Stop being so goddamned brainwashed!
It's sad!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:43am On Mar 19, 2022
Mofun:
Brainwashing them further in a bid to appeal greatly to their sentiments? Anyway, there is no justification for wickedness and brutality.

No one can brain wash you to not defend your family.
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by Remman(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2022
StaffofOrayan:

https://www.newsweek.com › vladi...
Vladimir Putin's Approval Rating Gets Boost: Poll - Newsweek
6 days ago — The Russian leader saw an increased approval rating from 69 percent in January 2022, to 71 percent in February, 2022. That is the highest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news
Russian trust in Putin has SURGED since the invasion of Ukraine | Daily Mail Online
2 Mar 2022 — Eighteen per cent said they did not trust Putin, down from 29 per ... Putin's approval rating went from 60 to 71 per cent in less than

Stop being so goddamned brainwashed!
It's sad!!!
fvck this rubbish! You're one of Putin's brainwashed puppet...
Re: Russia :Mammoth Crowd Came To Celebrate Putin by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:25am On Mar 22, 2022
Remman:
fvck this rubbish! You're one of Putin's brainwashed puppet...

And how has Putin been able to brainwash me?
CNN? BBC?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hurrican Irene set to Hit the U.S on Friday. / Robert Mugabe Claims His VP Hired Nigerian Babalawos To Kill Him / Mass Suicide Planned By African Immigrants In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.