Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? (16965 Views)

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story / So This Is Marriage? / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
Olawrites:
Obi Cubana is married
E MOney is married
Soludo is married
Kcee is married
2face is married
Dbanj is married
Otedola is married
Tinubu is married
Buhari is married
Aregbesola is married
Amaechi is married
Goodluck Jonathan is married
Wike is married
Peter Obi is married

Get sense

Majority of the names you mentioned are your Naija Politicians who made wealth from STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS! undecided

Note that i said in Pursuing Success! Those Guys didn't. sad

Compare it with the persons i mentioned!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Olawrites: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Majority of the names you mentioned are your Naija Politicians who made wealth from STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS! undecided

Note that i said in Pursuing Success! Those Guys didn't. sad

Compare it with the persons i mentioned!

So they didn't pursue success? It just gum on them from heaven.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sunmolar:
What does success mean to you.

Success is When you set Goals and achieve them or even Nearly achieving them!

For instance, Kylian Mbappe of France and PSG is a success because he had dreams of becoming a Great footballer and he has achieved it through Hardwork!
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
Olawrites:

So they didn't pursue success? It just gum on them from heaven.

Dont Argue Foolish arguments! sad

You and i know that most Nigerian Politicians are Thieves! undecided

They cant be called Successful pple!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Hathor5(f): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
To me yes. Not necessarily marriage but kids.

I have always maintained this stance and my experience has proven me right.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
kayo8080:

If you want to do what has never been done before... If you want to achieve great heights that have never been reached, trust me, marriage is a big distraction. But if you want to live a normal life... Work 9-5 and retire in your 60s and start collecting pension, then marriage is a very good thing.

Let me give you a few examples here on Nairaland. There was a female writer I looked up to here on Nairaland (literature section) around 2016-2017... I wanted to be like her because the rate at which she wrote stories (good stories) was very remarkable. But after she got married, she went off the map. Of cos she is happy in her marriage, but her writing had to suffer.

Also, there is a guy on Nairaland that started an e-commerce app to rival okadabooks and even amazon... I saw this guy growing, I chatted with him often, and I was happy for him. But once he got married, he shut down the app. I see his status, and I can see he is very happy with his family, but his dream is dead.

Those are two examples of Nairalanders. I can site tens of other real life examples, but you get the drift. The Op mentioned JAY Z and Beyonce being exceptions. What people don't understand is that Beyonce started singing professionally at the age of 8 with Kelly Rowland and a group of girls... Beyonce's dad was working with Xerox, and he had to give up his job just to dedicate his life on building his daughter's girl group... Even at that, it took Beyonce 10 years of constant grind to make it. What of JAY Z her husband... He started rapping professionally with Jaz O in 1986-1987...He didn't make it big until 1998...thats 11-12 years grind. So, Beyonce and Jay Z had already made a lot of sacrifice before they eventually married when they had become individually superstars already.

As I said earlier, if you want to live a normal life, marriage is a sweet thing. But if you want to be extraordinary, marriage is a big distraction.

Your First Paragraph is so on Point! smiley

If as a Married man, you have Big dreams to Pursue, somehow either u will Neglect ur wife or She will not buy into the idea and may start acting up! sad

If its a woman, Her big dream may clash with her role as housewife and mother! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
SeaTrade:
My brother told me this like q0 years ago and I'm beginning to think it's true.
As a man,if you have goals to achieve ,especially big ones, it is good to stay away from women.
Comes with all sorts of distractions and drawbacks.

Ur Brother Told you the PURE TRUTH! smiley

Particularly as a young, Struggling guy, you need to focus on your dreams or build wealth to a certain level.

When Nigerians laugh at those Igbo Business Guys who marry at 37 or 38, i just SMH at their Naivety! sad
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by kayo8080: 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Your First Paragraph is so on Point! smiley

If as a Married man, you have Big dreams to Pursue, somehow either u will Neglect ur wife or She will not buy into the idea and may start acting up! sad

If its a woman, Her big dream may clash with her role as housewife and mother! undecided

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Uchesis: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Honestly, I cant help but Feel that Lionel Messi's somewhat dwindling form in the past 3 years may be because he has A WIFE! sad lipsrsealed

Ronaldo, Wizkid, Burnaboy, Drake, Chris BBrown and lots of Successful Superstars have refused to get Married! Even Alh. Aliko Dangote is said to be single!

Oprah Winfrey, Rihanna have not Married till now. While the dancer Kaffy abandoned marriage
because she felt it is an hindrance to her career! sad

SO, IS MARRIAGE A DISTRACTION IN A PERSON'S PURSUIT OF SUCCESS? undecided

Lets not forget that Married Peeps like Beyonce, Jay z, Mercy Johnson, Yul Edochie, etc are doing well! smiley
Ronaldo fan...

Incase u dont know yet, Messi and CR7 have both passed their prime. So dont make it look as if na only Messi don fade.

If u like marry, if u no like leave am. Period
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Charly68: 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Everything has its time and season so does marriage in the life of a matured person. People go into it blindly not knowing that they are to marry someone that can help them fulfil their purpose in life. They rather go and marry the opposite and find marriage a burden instead of being a blessing . Youths must get sense and marry correctly .. If a man marries beauty without considering the spirit that his partner carries , the union can't work

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Hathor5:
To me yes. Not necessarily marriage but kids.

I have always maintained this stance and my experience has proven me right.

That is why it is good to have a supportive husband

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
Uchesis:

Ronaldo fan...

Incase u dont know yet, Messi and CR7 have both passed their prime. So dont make it look as if na only Messi don fade.

If u like marry, if u no like leave am. Period
No need for Arguments! Every football fan knows dat the last 3 or 4 years has been bad for Messi!
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by DrMuzungu(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bad marriage destroys you, good marriage elevates you. As simple as that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Acidosis(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
Klass99:

Lmao, abeg chop knuckle. You've got a mouth on you sha!

There is one guy here with 3 boys from 3 different baby mamas. When a few of us called him out on his reckless, shitty and irresponsible lifestyle, he actually made reference to and compared himself with Davido, Wizkid and I think Tubaba as well.

I hardly see him posting as frequently as he used to, insulting people unprovoked. This Naija economy must be biting hard at his end and he is fast realizing that sowing wild oats around town and birthing children left, right and center, no be am at all. Because, each baby mama and child comes with their unique set of issues/expenses and unfortunately he is not established or successful as David, Wizzy and 2face.

I only hope he raises those boys well and trains them right, so they don't end up like him or make the same mistakes he did.

grin grin grin cheesy Well said

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by iamdaquin01(f): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
Why are you about ladies alone?
What about guys Or they're so perfect anddon't need to be worked on?
TheComicGuy:
I depends bro,on the kind of person you marry,if you end up with a liability for a wife then success is far from you,and this are the majority,but if the person you marry actually contribute something to your life and you both work hard to achieve your dreams,then you chance of success have double,but this ki d of women are hard to find like mad,you kind find them in smart place like connventions,is either that or my brother just stay single,why you have money get a baby mama wink
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by phemmyfour: 5:52am On Mar 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Honestly, I cant help but Feel that Lionel Messi's somewhat dwindling form in the past 3 years may be because he has A WIFE! sad lipsrsealed

Ronaldo, Wizkid, Burnaboy, Drake, Chris BBrown and lots of Successful Superstars have refused to get Married! Even Alh. Aliko Dangote is said to be single!

Oprah Winfrey, Rihanna have not Married till now. While the dancer Kaffy abandoned marriage because she felt it is an hindrance to her career! sad

SO, IS MARRIAGE A DISTRACTION IN A PERSON'S PURSUIT OF SUCCESS? undecided

Lets not forget that Married Peeps like Beyonce, Jay z, Mercy Johnson, Yul Edochie, etc are doing well! smiley
Ronaldo isn't doing well this season has nothing to do with being single

Messi won Copa America has a married man.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:38am On Mar 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
Ronaldo isn't doing well this season has nothing to do with being single

Messi won Copa America has a married man.

Stop the sentiments! The last 3-4 years has been 'Messy' for the Argentine! He is struggling badly as if he has some Home troubles!
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Tboymessiah(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Theta1:
It is not in my case. Marriage has been helping me from day one. Doors has been opening, I am now a CEO and spiritual growth too.
All that matters is marry right.

C.e.o, for Pos shop abi.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by FaithBrain1994(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2022
Marry who support your dreams

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Kaycee54321(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2022
Someone said:

"If you want to change the World, do it while you're single: because once you're married, you can't change a TV Channel".

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by AgentGoat: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2022
Action102:
No, When you marry the Right woman or man, Infact you have Fulfilled Destiny

How person wan take see the right woman na em be the problem na
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Cousin9999: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2022
No, as long as you choose a good partner.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2022
Tboymessiah:

C.e.o, for Pos shop abi.
Lol, Even if na Laundry outfit, business na business!
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2022
Kaycee54321:
Someone said:

"If you want to change the World, do it while you're single: because once you're married, you can't change a TV Channel".
lol, very correct!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by harrend(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2022
Who told u jay z and mercy Johnson are doing well careerwise??
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by delpee(f): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2022
@OP
It depends on your choice of a spouse. A partner should motivate and inspire you. He or she should be supportive, reliable and trustworthy. You should be able to sit and plan together for the family's development and progress. A couple should work together in harmony to attain success. Rivalry and competition ends up in disaster and regrets.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by phemmyfour: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Stop the sentiments! The last 3-4 years has been 'Messy' for the Argentine! He is struggling badly as if he has some Home troubles!
Olodo, my post is not about Messi vs Ronaldo.

It's about career success isn't a function of your relationship stutus
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Hathor5(f): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

That is why it is good to have a supportive husband

It's very important regardless of whether you are career oriented or not.

However, who wants to do extra hours to get promoted and not see their kids for long hours? I can't do that. I don't condemn it but I would miss mine too much. This is why I did one after the other. Everything has its price though.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Liverpoolfc(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:

So Married people living in Penury and Abject Poverty can still call marriage a Success? undecided
Marriage did not make them poor. Poverty is cumulative.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Unclesamo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

One of the most fundamental erros in logic, is the causal fallacy. That something happened after another thing does not mean that it happened becasue of it.

The evidence we have is simply that Dr. Dre was always ambitious and was always successful even if not wildly so. That he had a low point in his life does not mean that he would not have recovered.

Now, yes, we do not know if the wife really played a role in his rise.

But on the evidence that the woman herself has not achieved anything notable before, during or after her marriage to Dr. Dre, it seems rather unlikely that she could then be cited as the driver of his growth.

And of course, we know that she is the reason why he will lose his billionaire status.

The conclusion: we cannot say that she was responsible for his growth. We can say that given her own lack of achievement it seems unlikely.

We can also state that she is directly the cause of his greatest-known misfortune.

Given the improbability of her being the reason for his success and the fact that she is the known cause of his misfortune if you were Dr. Dre and you were taken back to 1996, would you get married to this woman again?

Why trying to conclude on a future assumption premise?

How would he know have known the future.

The +ve assumption still remains, While she was with him from 1996 till present, how did his status turn out?

Do you know the intoxication that comes upon men great wealth?

Do you know the emotional torture the wife has been enduring over the years?

Do you know what the wife sacrificed to help support is journey?

You don't know... The element of truth there is: HE WAS GETTING BETTER WHILE WITH HER.
Re: Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? by Sunmolar(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Success is When you set Goals and achieve them or even Nearly achieving them!

For instance, Kylian Mbappe of France and PSG is a success because he had dreams of becoming a Great footballer and he has achieved it through Hardwork!

So you can set marital goals too & achieve it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ / Domestic Violence Awareness. / Help Needed...intertribal Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.