Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice (50941 Views)

Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / 10 Minutes Vegetable Sauce For Rice Or Yam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:
Tomatoes in vegetables? Are you kidding me? Well whatever you feel is right,

Tomatoes is also a vegetable.
Meanwhile we should understand that there are several ways or recipes of cooking a particular meal. Variety is the spice of life

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by pocohantas(f): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

Tomatoes is also a vegetable.
Meanwhile we should understand that there are several ways or recipes of cooking a particular meal. Variety is the spice of life

Well said. Tomato is totally fine in a vegetable STEW. Something to be paired with yam, rice or pasta. If say na for swallow, I for wonder small.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Johel(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:

You are a good cook and observer................op prepared it wrongly hence the unattractive stew look

Yep
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Lepon02: 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Which kain poverty vegetable soup be this?
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by TUTU147: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Maghan37:
Na wa for you my Oga, u never chop since morning but u go buy data. So in other words chop data, he go bellefool you now grin grin grin.
Who dey buy data,na who done chop dey talk of data.na free mode I dey oooo,thank God for free 50mb.

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Hakeem3(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
I can cook the meal better than this
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by BabaIbo: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:
Hi lovelies
[/i] Hope I'm not forgetting anything[i]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7Vsi7OCq4

Not to undermine your effort but the sauce(in the picture and video) is kinda watery for rice, you should have made it a lil thicker, that way it will stay better on rice and mix well, to avoid the water settling at the bottom of the rice i.e make the water no drown the rice grin cheesy.

It would have been understandable had it been there is no tomatoes in the discussion, but since tomato is part of the ingredients, it should not look like peppersoup, I'm referring to the water/liquid i.e less less viscous content.
My honest opinion.

Had it been the watery nature is not visible but just the pasty nature(that tomato sauce look), it would have look and probably taste better.

Anyway, you still try sha.

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by pocohantas(f): 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hakeem3:
I can cook the meal better than this

Cook let us see. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Thebigheart: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
Abeg give me small vegetable sauce na, I get rice already.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Hakeem3(m): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Cook let us see. cheesy
This is a meal I made just yesterday.

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hakeem3:

This is a meal I made just yesterday.

Post it let us see. Create a thread and teach us.

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Hakeem3(m): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Post it let us see. Create a thread and teach us.
Don’t worry I don’t have that time yet. But am sure soon I will start creating such threads.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by pocohantas(f): 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hakeem3:

Don’t worry I don’t have that time yet. But am sure soon I will start creating such threads.

I look forward to it. It looks good without the water. I get your point now and I agree with you. smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by abobote: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
I like this food
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by naija1stnigar(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
YoungLionken:
Very nice..

But am I the only who still can't prepare a delicious meal despite the recipe and all sad??

During one of my service days as a corper, there was a particular night I asked my gurl( we were apart, different states) about the recipe for this same vegetable stew, even while she was telling me carefully..

It still ended in premium tears as I couldn't eat it, I had to go out and get something else..

I learnt that day that we can't really be an expert in everything, and that we can't be forced to learn what's beyond us..

Since then, when a man asked a lady "what are you bringing to the table"? I assumed it to be cooking, cleaning, caretaker of the home and every other thing a woman is supposed to know, other than financial support these lazy bones always pressure our ladies about...
go and beg the gods 3 bottles of ogogoro and one native fowl can solve your problems
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by planetx: 6:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Doesn't look healthy, just a lot of carbs, fats and oil.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Uchedizzy(f): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
I prepare this almost everyday for my dad, he love to eat with rice or eat only it
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by ImaIma1(f): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
pocohantas:

Really? It is just like eating efo riro and rice na. In fact, I use efo for rice, not swallow. embarassed

The best for me too. When I make efo riro, it's mainly for rice.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by kurlz(f): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2022
YoungLionken:
Very nice..

But am I the only who still can't prepare a delicious meal despite the recipe and all sad??

During one of my service days as a corper, there was a particular night I asked my gurl( we were apart, different states) about the recipe for this same vegetable stew, even while she was telling me carefully..

It still ended in premium tears as I couldn't eat it, I had to go out and get something else..

I learnt that day that we can't really be an expert in everything, and that we can't be forced to learn what's beyond us..

Since then, when a man asked a lady "what are you bringing to the table"? I assumed it to be cooking, cleaning, caretaker of the home and every other thing a woman is supposed to know, other than financial support these lazy bones always pressure our ladies about...

Reminds me of when I tried to make groundnut soup. My brother I cooked rubbish, in spite of all the recipes I saw and all.

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by teemac01(m): 8:14pm On Mar 25, 2022
only one thing go make me no chop this food...i dont like onions...especially when another person uses it to prepare food for me again...dat one na no no o...no offense to the op...food looks mouth watering though...
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by AIZubair(m): 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2022
My wife does better. DM me and I'll give you her handle and you guys can share ideas. grin
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Bbbw: 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Good
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Bimpe29: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Heavenly delicious. Even though I haven't tasted it or perceived its smell.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by ufuosman(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
E dey enter my eyes oh bt make I close am
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Munzy14(m): 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
maiiilooo:
Mad!!
Everybody repeat after me ,I say "mad"
Wife material abiii grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
YoungLionken:
Very nice..

Eyaa, maybe cooking is not your calling lolz

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Peace081:
I will try this
You will surely Love it
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
Johel:

Doesn't look attractive...I cook better...but u try sha grin grin
Smiles
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2022
TUTU147:
God go really judge you,me when never eat since morning you come dey post this kind food so that the hungry go kukuma kill me abi.
Sorry about that dear
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
DryMouth:
Choi!
Can i buy some from you?

DEAR OTHER CHEF(S),

You can see how she clearly listed her ingredients and all of them can be seen and bought in our local nigerian markets. The other day, one of you cooked and listed ingredients like paprika, jalapenos et al and i took my mumu self to the market and started asking for those ingredients, they (market women) were looking at me like i was crazy.

@OP you re very good chef.
Keep it up
Thanks and God bless you
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Ola17: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

Thanks dear

Please is there any substitute for ugu as it is unavailable in my country of residence.

Nice video btw. Keep it up.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by wiseoneking: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
DaveHarry:
Rubbish and Junk!
. Just to talk, you don't even know the meaning of Junk. You called a vegetable soup junk? Are your Follow come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mark Nsukabag Bread Flood Onitsha Town- Pics / If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.