Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice (50964 Views)

Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / 10 Minutes Vegetable Sauce For Rice Or Yam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:
OP you just savaged my best stew. thats not the best way to prepare it BTW. You should have blended and fried the tomatoes instead of that boiling you did there.

well, you tried but it would have been more tasty if you prepared the way i mentioned.........

KUDOS ANYWAYS...........YOU TRIED
Thanks for your constructive criticism, but also know that there can be several ways of making a particular meal. Some foods have several recipes. As for vegetable stew, this is just one of the many recipes, there is the one you use water leaf and scent leaves, there is the one that doesn't require tomatoes at all, there is the one of ugu and water leaves, ugu and scent leaves, even the one of palm oil instead of vegetable oil. So it's left for one to try all the recipes and know which one is best for him. Variety is the spice of life. I love kitchen adventure
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
igbsam:
Can it be used on a wonderful amazing wrap of fufu ?
I doubt, because some of the ingredients used doesn't fit swallow. Swallow has its own vegetable soup recipe
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:

You are a good cook and observer................op prepared it wrongly hence the unattractive stew look
Smiles
There is nothing like wrong preparation dear, there are several recipes of vegetable stew and this is just one of them.
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by YoungLionken(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

Eyaa, maybe cooking is not your calling lolz

Cooking is supposed to be everyone's calling, that stew was particularly difficult.. For me...
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by YoungLionken(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
kurlz:

Reminds me of when I tried to make groundnut soup. My brother I cooked rubbish, in spite of all the recipes I saw and all.

It is always like that and I don't know why...
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by igbsam(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

I doubt, because some of the ingredients used doesn't fit swallow. Swallow has its own vegetable soup recipe

Oh okay. Thanks alot. I have moved my load to this nairaland's food section.

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by kurlz(f): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
YoungLionken:

It is always like that and I don't know why...

It's well

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by holicupp(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yummilistic yummies
One of my favorites

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ola17:

Please is there any substitute for ugu as it is unavailable in my country of residence.

Nice video btw. Keep it up.
You, you can use green amaranth/amaranth spinach

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Maghan37: 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
TUTU147:
Who dey buy data,na who done chop dey talk of data.na free mode I dey oooo,thank God for free 50mb.
grin grin
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by DaveHarry(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
wiseoneking:
. Just to talk, you don't even know the meaning of Junk. You called a vegetable soup junk? Are your Follow come
Why do you call fastfoods junk?
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by uchaymart(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

Smiles
There is nothing like wrong preparation dear, there are several recipes of vegetable stew and this is just one of them.

OP I am sorry i said you prepared it wrongly. Vegetable stew is my best. I find it hard to eat rice and the "normal stew" twice........

if you had blended the tomatoes with Garlic and ginger, fry along with your onions, it would have had a different nice taste and good looking............try it out and see...............
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by uchaymart(m): 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

Thanks for your constructive criticism, but also know that there can be several ways of making a particular meal. Some foods have several recipes. As for vegetable stew, this is just one of the many recipes, there is the one you use water leaf and scent leaves, there is the one that doesn't require tomatoes at all, there is the one of ugu and water leaves, ugu and scent leaves, even the one of palm oil instead of vegetable oil. So it's left for one to try all the recipes and know which one is best for him. Variety is the spice of life. I love kitchen adventure

yes dear, i know about these different recipes.............FYA i only pointed out the cut tomatoes instead of blended tomatoes. the both ways give different taste and looks........

same way cut onions would change the taste of any meal than ground/blended onions........

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
uchaymart:

OP I am sorry i said you prepared it wrongly. Vegetable stew is my best. I find it hard to eat rice and the "normal stew" twice........

if you had blended the tomatoes with Garlic and ginger, fry along with your onions, it would have had a different nice taste and good looking............try it out and see...............

K I will sure try it, Just that I don't like blending tomatoes when preparing vegetable stew, I like seeing the pieces of tomato flesh, though I fried that one, but nevertheless I will try your recipe when next I prepare vegetable stew
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by uchaymart(m): 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
Favour315:

K I will sure try it, Just that I don't like blending tomatoes when preparing vegetable stew, I like seeing the pieces of tomato flesh, though I fried that one, but nevertheless I will try your recipe when next I prepare vegetable stew

Oh ok. Now i understand.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2022
Christane:
eating dis type of food daily ..how person no go live long
Smiles
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by DavidEsq(m): 11:59am On Mar 26, 2022
maiiilooo:
Mad!!
Everybody repeat after me ,I say "mad"
U no see say water full the soup?
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
DavidEsq:

U no see say water full the soup?
When cooking yours, try and add less water, it's no big deal
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
YoungLionken:

Cooking is supposed to be everyone's calling, that stew was particularly difficult.. For me...

You will definitely improve

1 Like

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by DavidEsq(m): 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2022
Favour315:

When cooking yours, try and add less water, it's no big deal
e pain am cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by wiseoneking: 4:44am On Mar 27, 2022
DaveHarry:

Why do you call fastfoods junk?
It is extremely processed and virtually with any real nutrients except with sugar or salt, and some preservatives that can make you grow fat
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
wiseoneking:
It is extremely processed and virtually with any real nutrients except with sugar or salt, and some preservatives that can make you grow fat
You are right
Re: Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice by Favour315(f): 8:47am On Mar 28, 2022
Favour315:

You, you can use green amaranth/amaranth spinach
Ola 17, hope you can find amaranth spinach over there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mark Nsukabag Bread Flood Onitsha Town- Pics / If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.