Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? (837 Views)

Seun Can You Please Explain / Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 1:07am On Mar 19, 2022
Hi Nairalanders, please pardon my grammatical errors. I need some advice concerning what's happening in my life, I'm fed up.

I must have been experiencing it for a long time but I just noticed and fully accepted that I have a mental disorder.
I am extremely dull, I forget things easily, I'm slow at doing some things; normal house chores that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes could last me 30 minutes or more to complete. This issue has affected my performance at work and home, even when I'm with my friends, it affected my study too(when I was still in secondary school)

In school(back then), I struggle with studying, tho I still quite understand some subjects, I never understand math, I can't solve a simple calculation. Throughout my years in high school, I never had C6 in maths, it's always D7 and it's been that way right from JSS1. It was after high school when I wanted to sit for the jamb exam that I noticed something is wrong somewhere because, despite much reading, I tend to forget everything easily.
Because I so much like to study, I did jamb twice, the first trial, I had 224 and second trial, after spending many nights and days to read I scored 249 but I wasn't given admission, so I stopped education so I can learn a vocational skill/ handwork

I learned Barbing and it took me 2years to mastered it (what normally would take 6months or 1year). now the main problem is, I'm extremely slow in cutting hair(like using 30 or 40 minutes to cut a customer) which my boss and my fellow apprentice would use 10 minutes to accomplish. If I made up my mind that I will try my very best to be fast while barbing, I'll still end up spending much time, I dont just understand it, I'm extremely unproductive. Tell me something in a minute, the next minute I would have forgotten, I can't even remember any event that happened during my childhood, nothing! a slow, dull, and useless to myself. Currently, I've stopped Barbing because I'm extremely slow and it's a glaring I can't make it there.

Please someone should tell me there's a cure for this, and if there's none, please tell me how best I can manage it .Thanks
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by kelvine(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2022
It is good you identify with your weakness and you are also bold enough to share.
This is not exactly a mental case, you need close monitoring, companionship and the right game.
Play outdoor and indoor games (Exercise often).
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
Move around with a pen and paper to help with memory. Keep a diary and record events.

Your case is not worth seeing a psychologist, you need a good friend who can help you through this.
I do hope you don't marry the wrong person also.

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Kingozymandias(m): 1:20am On Mar 19, 2022
weirdo44:
Hi Nairalanders, please pardon my grammatical errors. I need some advice concerning what's happening in my life, I'm fed up.

I must have been experiencing it for a long time but I just noticed and fully accepted that I have a mental disorder.
I am extremely dull, I forget things easily, I'm slow at doing some things; normal house chores that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes could last me 30 minutes or more to complete. This issue has affected my performance at work and home, even when I'm with my friends, it affected my study too(when I was still in secondary school)

In school(back then), I struggle with studying, tho I still quite understand some subjects, I never understand math, I can't solve a simple calculation. Throughout my years in high school, I never had C6 in maths, it's always D7 and it's been that way right from JSS1. It was after high school when I wanted to sit for the jamb exam that I noticed something is wrong somewhere because, despite much reading, I tend to forget everything easily.
Because I so much like to study, I did jamb twice, the first trial, I had 224 and second trial, after spending many nights and days to read I scored 249 but I wasn't given admission, so I stopped education so I can learn a vocational skill/ handwork

I learned Barbing and it took me 2years to mastered it (what normally would take 6months or 1year). now the main problem is, I'm extremely slow in cutting hair(like using 30 or 40 minutes to cut a customer) which my boss and my fellow apprentice would use 10 minutes to accomplish. If I made up my mind that I will try my very best to be fast while barbing, I'll still end up spending much time, I dont just understand it, I'm extremely unproductive. Tell me something in a minute, the next minute I would have forgotten, I can't even remember any event that happened during my childhood, nothing! a slow, dull, and useless to myself. Currently, I've stopped Barbing because I'm extremely slow and it's a glaring I can't make it there.

Please someone should tell me there's a cure for this, and if there's none, please tell me how best I can manage it .Thanks

Signs of dyslexia (adult)
Everyone's experience of dyslexia will be individual to them but there are common indicators. A cluster of these indicators alongside abilities in other areas could suggest dyslexia, and should be investigated further.

Do you:

Confuse visually similar words such as cat and cot
Spell erratically
Find it hard to scan or skim text
Read/write slowly
Need to re-read paragraphs to understand them
Find it hard to listen and maintain focus
Find it hard to concentrate if there are distractions
Feel sensations of mental overload/switching off
Have difficulty telling left from right
Get confused when given several instructions at once
Have difficulty organising thoughts on paper
Often forget conversations or important dates
Have difficulty with personal organisation, time management and prioritising tasks
Avoid certain types of work or study
Find some tasks really easy but unexpectedly challenged by others
Have poor self-esteem, especially if dyslexic difficulties have not been identified in earlier life

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by 3verblazing(m): 1:21am On Mar 19, 2022
Stop comparing urself with others, everyone is unique in their own way. And I don't think you are dull. I mean you typed all that up there, a dull person can not do that.

There's really no drug you can use to help with what you think you need. But you can take conscious steps like, regular workout, being consciously proud of who you are, constant practice, eating right.

You go they alright las las

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 1:28am On Mar 19, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Everyone's experience of dyslexia will be individual to them but there are common indicators. A cluster of these indicators alongside abilities in other areas could suggest dyslexia, and should be investigated further.

Do you:

Spell erratically
Read/write slowly
Have difficulty with personal organisation, time management and prioritising tasks
Have poor self-esteem, especially if dyslexic difficulties have not been identified in earlier life
yeah boss, it's as if you know me so well, I'm experiencing 95% of what you listed
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 1:30am On Mar 19, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Do you:

Spell erratically
Read/write slowly
yeah boss, it's as if you know me so well. I'm actually dealing with 95% of what you wrote here
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 1:34am On Mar 19, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Do you:

Spell erratically
Read/write slowly
yeah sir, it's as if you know me so well, I'm actually dealing with 95% of what you wrote here
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 1:38am On Mar 19, 2022
3verblazing:
Stop comparing urself with others, everyone is unique in their own way. And I don't think you are dull. I mean you typed all that up there, a dull person can not do that.

There's really no drug you can use to help with what you think you need. But you can take conscious steps like, regular workout, being consciously proud of who you are, constant practice, eating right.

You go they alright las las

No offense sir, it took me more than 1 hour to write that, despite using Grammarly. I'm too slow in thinking, i just wanted my write up to be readable for everyone maybe they can suggest a solution. I really wish you can understand me sir

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Totilopussylick(m): 1:49am On Mar 19, 2022
weirdo44:
No offense sir, it took me more than 1 hour to write that crap despite using Grammarly. I'm too slow in thinking, I wish you can understand sir
I don't think you are all alone.

I was once in your shoes.

What helps me

Accepting myself for whom I am.

Believing that God never makes mistakes, my own case could be the way God wants it to be.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 2:11am On Mar 19, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I don't think you are all alone.

I was once in your shoes.

What helps me

Accepting myself for whom I am.

Believing that God never makes mistakes, my case could be the way God wants it to be.

Thanks for your contribution ma'am. Thank God you later overcame it, but how long will I keep fighting this, I'm totally useless.
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 2:41am On Mar 19, 2022
Dominique lalasticlala please help move to the front page for more views. Thanks
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by superCleanworks(m): 5:42am On Mar 19, 2022
weirdo44:
Thanks for your contribution ma'am. Thank God you later overcame it, but how long will I keep fighting this, I'm totally useless.

You are not useless.
You are just a square peg. All you need to do is find a square hole to fit in.
You expect a solution to come like magic because you think you need fixing like a car in a mechanic shop.
It is possible you have been trying to fit into the wrong places all your life.
There are people who got sacked from their job because they do things too fast. Do they have a problem?
I wish i could continue with this talk but i have seen your reply to other posts and they all show you are eager and desperate for a sharp sharp solution. You will only hurt yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Kingozymandias(m): 6:04am On Mar 19, 2022
weirdo44:
yeah boss, it's as if you know me so well, I'm experiencing 95% of what you listed

There you have it
You are dyslexic, it's not a disease but a condition there is no medicine, you just keep managing it... You will be fine, go online and join groups for people living with dyslexia that will help you

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Kingozymandias(m): 6:08am On Mar 19, 2022
Just adjust your life style ,avoid stress go online and see lots of tips that will help you bro

I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2022
superCleanworks:

You are not useless.
You are just a square peg. All you need to do is find a square hole to fit in.
You expect a solution to come like magic because you think you need fixing like a car in a mechanic shop.
It is possible you have been trying to fit into the wrong places all your life.
There are people who got sacked from their job because they do things too fast. Do they have a problem?
I wish i could continue with this talk but i have seen your reply to other posts and they all show you are eager and desperate for a sharp sharp solution. You will only hurt yourself.
i'm very sorry sir. Please help me
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by 3verblazing(m): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2022
weirdo44:
No offense sir, it took me more than 1 hour to write that, despite using Grammarly. I'm too slow in thinking, i just wanted my write up to be readable for everyone maybe they can suggest a solution. I really wish you can understand me sir
I think you need to understand yourself more, the pressure you are putting yourself through is no good for your mental health. 240+ jamb score is not bad atall... I had 246 and I made it into the university. Getting into uni no be by jamb score o. Baba I have seen pple with 100, 50, even 20 jamb score on second trial, what do you have to say about those.

I'm a graphics designer and it took me a couple of years to get to the level I am now, something that I have seen other pple achieve in months. But right now I freelance on international platforms with lots of positive reviews to show for it and I'm not doing badly.

Yes you may have challenges but you are not as bad as you are painting it honestly. Live your life man and enjoy it!

PS, that you are able to understand all the stuffs ihv written up there, you are definitely not in the class of dull pple.

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Restroom: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2022
My brother that you are slow does not mean u are dull

Secondly, if u forget things, then see a doctor for that

But what I see in u is a serious young man, who is committed to goals

Finished secondary school
Did jamb n scored above 200 twice
Now learned a vocational skill

My brother you are intelligent n smart

As per slowness, accept yourself o, the way u are

It could be annoying to others

Broda u came to this life urself

U came to live for God n urself n.not people

Keep that in mind

What I will advise is this
1.Have a doctor friend u see once in six months
2.If you have money, change ur business to a more convinient one that allow u to attend to people who come n go e.g. selling something
3.Dont be worrying about ur slowness.....who fastness help?
4.You are a successful young man, so stay productive
5.Be proactive and set goals for yourself like marriage goals, self improvement n savings or changing ur business
6.Still go back to ur barbing line, if u can't find another business to do......if u are good at barbing n u Barb it very well, people won't care whether u use 30 minutes. I know guy near me, he is not slow, but he does not mind, can take 30minutes to bad ur hair. So, bro. Accept urself n be comfortable in ur own skin.

One thing u must learn not to do. I don't do it. And if anybody try it with me, he is in trouble.

Never compare urself with anybody

Never compare ur ability or talent with anybody

Never compare ur weakness with anybody

U are u
Learn to confident in ur slowness, as long as u are productive, it is okay

Anybody try to rush u, don't allow if
I don't allow people to rush me

I do things at my pace
If you can't wait
Leave

If u HV money, set up ur own barbing salon n Barb people hair well

I mean very well
Those who like u will come
Those who want quality will come

You can't please everybody

Please God n urself

If you accept ur self m are confident in ur barbing talent, bro. Expand it

And above all, pray for God blessing on ur life continuously, n to help u meet a good girl

You are okay

I dont remember my childhood like that
I forget things easily but I don't let it worry me

So if u are very worried, see a doctor.....he.may HV one or two ideas to help u improve ur memory

But as for ur complain about intelligence n slowness, bro. You are okay,
Love yourself for who u are.

Have u heard the expression, slow n steady?

People like u can be very reliable n trustworthy
Don't judge urself with ur book abilities. Or how long it took.to learn barbing. U started it. U finished it. That's says more about u.

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by bahdpersona(m): 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
Cc
Dominique
Sissy3

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by weirdo44: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
Restroom:
My brother that you are slow does not mean u are dull

Secondly, if u forget things, then see a doctor for that

But what I see in u is a serious young man, who is committed to goals

Finished secondary school
Did jamb n scored above 200 twice
Now learned a vocational skill

My brother you are intelligent n smart

As per slowness, accept yourself o, the way u are

It could be annoying to others

Broda u came to this life urself

U came to live for God n urself n.not people

Keep that in mind

What I will advise is this
1.Have a doctor friend u see once in six months
2.If you have money, change ur business to a more convinient one that allow u to attend to people who come n go e.g. selling something
3.Dont be worrying about ur slowness.....who fastness help?
4.You are a successful young man, so stay productive
5.Be proactive and set goals for yourself like marriage goals, self improvement n savings or changing ur business
6.Still go back to ur barbing line, if u can't find another business to do......if u are good at barbing n u Barb it very well, people won't care whether u use 30 minutes. I know guy near me, he is not slow, but he does not mind, can take 30minutes to bad ur hair. So, bro. Accept urself n be comfortable in ur own skin.

One thing u must learn not to do. I don't do it. And if anybody try it with me, he is in trouble.

Never compare urself with anybody

Never compare ur ability or talent with anybody

Never compare ur weakness with anybody

U are u
Learn to confident in ur slowness, as long as u are productive, it is okay

Anybody try to rush u, don't allow if
I don't allow people to rush me

I do things at my pace
If you can't wait
Leave

If u HV money, set up ur own barbing salon n Barb people hair well

I mean very well
Those who like u will come
Those who want quality will come

You can't please everybody

Please God n urself

If you accept ur self m are confident in ur barbing talent, bro. Expand it

And above all, pray for God blessing on ur life continuously, n to help u meet a good girl

You are okay

I dont remember my childhood like that
I forget things easily but I don't let it worry me

So if u are very worried, see a doctor.....he.may HV one or two ideas to help u improve ur memory

But as for ur complain about intelligence n slowness, bro. You are okay,
Love yourself for who u are.

Have u heard the expression, slow n steady?

People like u can be very reliable n trustworthy
Don't judge urself with ur book abilities. Or how long it took.to learn barbing. U started it. U finished it. That's says more about u.
Thanks for the guidance sir.
Re: Can Anyone Please Explain This To Me? by Restroom: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2022
weirdo44:
Thanks for the guidance sir.

Welcome broda

(1) (Reply)

Jigsimur Herbal Remedy / Navigating The Mental Health System For Teens / What Next Should I Do House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.