Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? (1085 Views)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by KINGJAJA888(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2022
Nairalanders How Una dey. Abeg I need y'all advice. My Pops is a Staunch Christian and has devoted his life to Church. The Man dey Carry church for head like gala.
Always forcing me to go to church activities with him and this is Causing serious issues between Us. I'm Atheist and don't believe in the God and the bible bla bla bla stories. Today was just the height of it. He insists I follow him to every crappy religious function when he knows I don't enjoy such. Pls what do I do? I'm Still staying with him. He pays my fees and Everything but won't give me religious freedom and it's disturbing me. Abeg make Una advice.

Moderators @RoyalRoy @Dominique Abeg move to front page biko before I do something Stupid at home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Chizzyjforce: 10:46am On Mar 19, 2022
By giving your life to Christ bro...

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Karleb(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2022
By the time he stops paying your school fees and feeding you, you will come back to your senses.

For now, play along. Don't be a woke atheist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Ammishaddai: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2022
Just tell him you're an atheist and have your peace.

Afterall, the faith of the father cannot save the son and neither can the fate of the son save the father . So that means each person will give account of himself before God .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Gentlerespect76: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2022
You need to get a sleeping spot, before fighting for a mat. If you know, you know.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by faithfull18(f): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
By giving your life to Christ bro...
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by advanceDNA: 11:08am On Mar 19, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders How Una dey. Abeg I need y'all advice. My Pops is a Staunch Christian and has devoted his life to Church. The Man dey Carry church for head like gala.
Always forcing me to go to church activities with him and this is Causing serious issues between Us. I'm Atheist and don't believe in the God and the bible bla bla bla stories. Today was just the height of it. He insists I follow him to every crappy religious function when he knows I don't enjoy such. Pls what do I do? I'm Still staying with him. He pays my fees and Everything but won't give me religious freedom and it's disturbing me. Abeg make Una advice.

Moderators @RoyalRoy @Dominique Abeg move to front page biko before I do something Stupid at home.

Why don’t you leave home and survive on your own...that way you c an be an atheist in peace.

If you can’t do that..just go to church the way you watch movies...in your mind, you know it’s not real abi...but that’s doesn't stop you from watching ..... are you afraid the words will get to you..??

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by ABIODUN105(m): 11:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Is your daddy fully aware that you are an atheist?

If yes you have no option then to dance to his tune

Ateism doesn't pay believe in God an have peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Mariangeles(f): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2022
Be upfront with your father and tell him the truth, face to face na. undecided
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by VEXT: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
All these naija fake atheist wey dey scream blood of Jesus if car want hit them..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Richy4(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
Before u do something stupid like what exactly?...
Like asking him not to pay your fees again and desist from picking up your bills? That would have been the best starting line of action... smiley

If u are under his roof, he pays for everything about you,... If he says jump, the right questions u should be asking is how high...

If u want to be free, u know what to do... cool

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Correctbro1: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
Atheist wey Christian help wan dey carry shoulder.shey you don go wash plates before dem pause your night food.. ode

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
So long as you live under him, learn to die to your ego and abide by his rules. Take along a favorite book to those meetings to read, or use the time to catch up on homework without posing a nuisance. undecided
That you are an atheist no mean say you go die if you enter church so what exactly is the big deal here? undecided

You already have religious freedom, meaning you already don't believe as he does, so when you eventually move out of his place, you can then gain all the other freedoms you seek. undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by hopefulLandlord: 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So long as you live under him, learn to die to your ego and abide by his rules. Take along a favorite book to those meetings to read, or use the time to catch up on homework without posing a nuisance. undecided
That you are an atheist no mean say you go die if you enter church so what exactly is the big deal here? undecided

You already have religious freedom, meaning you already don't believe as he does, so when you eventually move out of his place, you can then gain all the other freedoms you seek. undecided

OP this right here
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by frozen70(f): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

If you want peace at home or around your family

Keep your atheists life away till you are capable of feeding, clothing and housing yourself
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by olabrinks(f): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
VEXT:
All these naija fake atheist wey dey scream blood of Jesus if car want hit them..
lmaoo I actually laughed so hard
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Dliquidmetal(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
For the mean time you have to abide by his rules,whilst struggling to get some financial balance so that you would be finally able to move out and live your life on your terms.
Its just the sensible thing to do

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Victerica(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
Atheism is devilish...

Any thing that does not acknowledge the kingship of Jesus Christ is of the devil.....

Give your life to Christ today and now.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Victerica(m): 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
You need to get a sleeping spot, before fighting for a mat. If you know, you know.

Is like u don run jungle before?
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victerica:
Atheism is devilish...
Any thing that does not acknowledge the kingship of Jesus Christ is of the devil.....

Jesus Christ never told you that lie, so I suggest you find out His Truth apart from this lie you tell here. undecided
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Victerica(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never told you that lie, so I suggest you find out His Truth apart from this lie you tell here. undecided

Please tell me His Truth...

He said, no man cometh to the father except by him..

He said, he is the way, the truth and the life..

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, and whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"...John.3:16
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Beremx(f): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
I am sure you haven’t told your dad you’re an atheist. If dem born you well make you tell am. That’s the day he will stop paying your school fees.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Gentlerespect76: 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victerica:

Is like u don run jungle before?
grin
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victerica:
Please tell me His Truth...

He said, no man cometh to the father except by him..

He said, he is the way, the truth and the life..

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, and whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life"...John.3:16
Everything Jesus Christ said is God's Truth, God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, so anyone who claims to follow Him must obey His Every commandments.. undecided
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Dliquidmetal(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victerica:
Atheism is devilish...

such a ridiculous statement,all of us are atheists but some of us just go one god further.
You are deluded to think your own religion is all that there's.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by badboyTee(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victerica:
Atheism is devilish...

fvck Jesus grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by KINGJAJA888(m): 1:32am On Mar 25, 2022
Victerica:
Atheism is devilish...

Jesus is Stupid. Do your worst.

Everybody mustn't believe in your Stupid Smelling Jesus. The earlier you know this the better for your deluded brain. Brainwashed Goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:11am On Mar 25, 2022
If you are old enough to be an atheist, you should know how to handle any believer of any faith.

First of. . . . Grow some independent balls!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by 1Sharon(f): 5:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Richy4:
Before u do something stupid like what exactly?...
Like asking him not to pay your fees again and desist from picking up your bills? That would have been the best starting line of action... smiley

If u are under his roof, he pays for everything about you,... If he says jump, the right questions u should be asking is how high...

If u want to be free, u know what to do... cool

Just look at them. Classic christian hypocrites.

If this topic was about a traditionist father that was forcing his christian son to partake in traditional practises, is this what you'll still say ? Or will you encourage his to rebel as hard as he can?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by 1Sharon(f): 5:44am On Mar 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:

How does he have religious freedom?
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Richy4(m): 5:51am On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:

Just look at them. Classic christian hypocrites.

If this topic was about a traditionist father that was forcing his christian son to partake in traditional practises, is this what you'll still say ? Or will you encourage his to rebel as hard as he can?

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed :-
Please do you know what people that desires their freedom do?...If you do, you would not have quoted me.....
Re: How Do I Cope With My Christian Dad As An Atheist?? by Kobojunkie: 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
1Sharon:
How does he have religious freedom?
What religion? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Family Problem / What To Do To A A Husband That Purnishes His Immediate Family / Aweeee Twin Babies Having A Conversation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.