Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess (51959 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess / Woman Throws Herself On The Floor As Oluwo Of Iwo Passes (Video) / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Mikkeal: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

This king will not stop disgracing his ancestors.
Ranging from desecrating the throne of his ancestors by spitting on his cultural/traditional regalia and opt for northern emir regalia now this.

African kings was to marry from his tribe, but Oluwo has defiled all these just to please the northern caliphate. what a stooge.

I am not surprised about the low turn out because Yorubas know that this is not right.

The picture below is Emir Abdulrosheed Akanbi. What a Shame cry

Aside from the fact that the king himself has not been excellent character wise , intermarriages between royal households are as old as time itself
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Kooldame: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Ranging from desecrating the throne of his ancestors by spitting on his cultural/traditional regalia and opt for northern emir regalia now this.

African kings was to marry from his tribe, but Oluwo has defiled all these just to please the northern caliphate. what a stooge.

I am not surprised about the low turn out because Yorubas know that this is not right.

foolish and rascal king
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Kooldame: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
emiika:
Oba Awon asiwin....hiss
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Tareq1105: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Our traditional challenges started since we started crowning children as Kings in Yoruba land.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Freelane33(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sorry to say , this king resemble future Hendrix

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by OMOLAJA426(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mallamjp:
Congratulations. One Love !!!
Which love to aboki with cow mentality.I only blame dis king called oluwo
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Geeman2006: 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
These journalists can be really mischievous. What the hell is wrong with a low turn out to an event. They want all the dignitaries in Kano so as to what; spend lavish, Cause traffic Jam, or collect numerous brown envelopes. I am not understanding.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2022
But he can't marry you angry

Why are you so concerned about his personal decision
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by splashbaby(m): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Well modernisation has eroded our culture. In the days of old, people begged to marry a king, not vice versa. Oluwo has not be in good book of various Obas in Yoruba kingdom of recent, I believe this is not far fetched, his style has culminated into royal nuisance and so nauseating, the reason for the low turn out.
He's a royal rascal.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by adecz: 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2022
Fulani are beginning to penetrate
Yoruba land using tohtoh. Now they
will be having Yoruba grandchildren
from Yoruba Royal families who will
later be sympathetic to their cause❗️ undecided

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by chaloskyx: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
yorubas you have kuku sold yourselves and your ancestry join to the north dont worry soon their princes would infiltrate your system and turn you into one of their caliphates.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by ashawopikin(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

see him black, igbo smoking lips
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by 1852tww: 4:20am On Mar 20, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
But he can't marry you angry

Why are you so concerned about his personal decision
[/s]
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by wowcatty: 4:29am On Mar 20, 2022
The future of Yoruba is bleak. We have a window of between 4 to 8years to dodge the bullet, after which it's game over for Yoruba. To even think that a place like Iwo would have someone like this as oba shows the stock of people there and the level off Ijekuje going on in that place. The people should have driven them out of the palace immediately, Yoruba are unpatriotic And upon all what Oluwo has done, the people still can't drag him out for years.

And what you said is not far off, I see it happening within 15 years. There's one young king in I think it's Delta state who was installed after his father passed on. He was too young, I think around 17 years old or so , he had to let his uncle be the king while he was away in school. This is what is waiting for Elegushi very soon. His so called dead son will show up to claim his father's throne when Elegushi is killed for that purpose, and since he would be too young, he can use his Fulani uncle to be Elegushi while he's in school. When I say Yoruba are under a serious curse, people thinks it's too much.

Ko si agba nile Yoruba mo.
adecz:

Fulani are beginning to penetrate
Yoruba land using tohtoh. Now they
will be having Yoruba grandchildren
from Yoruba Royal families who will
later be sympathetic to their cause❗️ undecided

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 20, 2022
Covid restrictions lol.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Caseless: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2022
lakezone67:

Since which year have African kings had to marry from their tribe?
I just tire for that guy.

Ado Bayero married from yoruba line in ilorin too.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by ledaman: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Shame? Hatred and Jealousy kills faster! And moreover, you can never be invited to such occasion because you are classless grin
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Allisgud: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2022
This man and toto,him just dey different ones like say na soup
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by charleoj(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
Modern day Alimi. Married to a Fulani Princess
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by Temi2468: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
You didn't read history! Just like Ilorin, you have mortgaged your children's future.
Re: Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess by kechywillz(m): 7:09am On Mar 24, 2022
Una dey see as dem dey use 1mil to marry for north,but if this happens in the east,all hell will break loose

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exclamation In Various Ngerian Tribes/dialect / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire / Ooni And His Wife, Silekunola Naomi Ogunwusi Welcome A Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.