Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount (39472 Views)

Dollar Dumped? India Bought 1m Barrels Of Oil From UAE Using Rupees Instead Of $ / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by lalastimlala: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
What is wrong about moving my family to china if I chose to. Did I tell you I intend to move my family to the US.
Lots of ibo guys are making billions in China and you are here talking ignorantly
Tell all the ibo guys in USA to leave immediately. Tell the American people are bad people.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by fredoooooo: 4:38pm On Mar 19, 2022
Rubbiish:

Are u not contradicting yourself here??
If u think India can decide for themselves who they wish to deal with as a sovereign nation, why do u think Ukrainians can't do same without being bullied by Russia?
Ask your Lords first same questions in Iraq, Libya , Yemen etc ..

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Truvelisback(m): 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nice one. Up Putin.
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by caracas: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The west are losing it alreadyyy
The table is changing
Everybody eyes are opening
The earlier we know the truth the better it is for us
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books on amazon
Africans in bondage
Stop yarning dust , which west is losing it?
Its available on amazon

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by saintrow1: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
all of you na mumu, both India and China can't withstand US and European Sanctions. Not even China herself. Chinna cannever survive without bilateral relationship not even in Africa or Europe. India have the highest population of poor people in the world. Imagine all the exports from China to Europe and Africa are stopped, China don finish be that.

You need a proper education
You are not well educated
Go to beer parlour and tell people this non sense.

9 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by kayo8080: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
NkanuSon:
The west just want to destroy anything that is not in their favour,they hate seeing any country competing with them,they want to be above everyone and keep milking their slaves.

I laugh at all these fools in Africa that are surporting them,they are hypocritical.the best way to enslave someone is to influence his mentality not by force,force was used in the stone age,most of u don't know Nigeria is a western cage,u are all animals in their eyes but because your mentality has been tired ignorance will never let u know

We are not even suppose to be speaking their language but they've made us think using their language makes u responsible,just see how our locals are going extinct bcs of them,their agenda is to westernise they whole world

Mehn! This is deep. The language we're using to communicate is theirs... So, in a way, we will always feel inferior.

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by timay1: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
shevchenko:

How is the west losing it?
They should sanction india
Undermining Russia as if it's some some small country with little importance was the first mistake from the west and it could be potentially what will lay the foundation for the decentralization of their power in closest future.

They didn't treat Russia as an equal and they continue to undermine it's security concerns.
The west are still arrogant and towing the same path with China. This is probably what be the final nail in the coffin , as regards the diminishing influence of the West.

6 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
lalastimlala:
Tell all the ibo guys in USA to leave immediately. Tell the American people are bad people.
Wow, having seen what a dimwit you are, you will henceforth be ignored

3 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Patriotic9ja(m): 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
all of you na mumu, both India and China can't withstand US and European Sanctions. Not even China herself. Chinna cannever survive without bilateral relationship not even in Africa or Europe. India have the highest population of poor people in the world. Imagine all the exports from China to Europe and Africa are stopped, China don finish be that.

Then you think that can ever happen? Or if it happens that you will survive?

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nellsworld(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
cooltola:
India is not part of NATO, India will do what is best for India- If you go market and you see something what you looking for a very cheap price , you must buy now. The war will continue but I believe both Russia and Ukraine are losing the war- war will be a stalemate-. Ukraine will build up and everyone will go back and mind their business. Putin might not be in power for long with the sanctions are affecting common Russians daily and some big billionaire are losing money, I expect some changes in the future. There are some resistance to Putin rule in Russia, so I expect the resistance to keep growing. It is better to have more friends than enemies, and for the case of Putin, He has more enemies than friends. First of all , every Ukraine will fight till the last drop of blood- They are not going to give up easily , so the war will continue. Russia has won some battle and Ukraine has won some battle. Second of all, Putin is bad for businesses in Russia generally , so I do not expect the oligarch to be patient with Putin. Thirdly, Putin has enemies in the West and many countries and even within Russia, Before t
Those oligarchs don't have political powers, Putin made it like that when he came to power, those oligarchs needs putin but putin don't need them, the people that has the political power are the strongmen, those are the Generals, and co, they aren't wealthy as the oligarchs but they are the people that dictates wat goes on the country, and the strongmen are in support of putin, they don't like the west, they want anything to do with west, that's y putin could change the constitution for him to be life president becos he has the support of the strongmen

4 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Horus(m): 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2022

5 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Nauttyprof(m): 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The table is changing
And what pains me most is Africans instead of us to unite and fight our common enemies we instead fight ourselves
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books on amazon
Africans in bondage
Its available on amazon

What truth should we know? Is that it is justifiable for people to be killed because of a cause? Is it that the life of innocent people don't matter?

What nonsense truth do you speak of?

I don't understand why people are just heartless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by succri(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
Not democracy if i have to send letters to everyone telling them what to Vote and what not to Vote ...
it a Joke grin
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by shogz89: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
sotall:

How some of you Putin's ass licker crawl out from your hole whenever Russia ( a dying horse) kicks.

Did you read that India bought the oil at a discount?

India only bought it because of it was cheap.
only India is buying at a discount.. Other European countries are still buying from Russia and they are buying at premium.. So it will balance each other.. Na The European country go suffer the exorbitant cost of oil and gas..

2 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by posty56: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
grandstar:

Whether India buys or does not buy Russian oil, the Russian economy is already in trouble. Half of those sanctions are enough to cripple any country. Do you know what it means when commercial airlines can not fly to your country?

Biden has said the sanctions will not be permanent but will depend on Russia putting an end to its invasion of Ukraine. That, however, won't stop Putin.
hmm, let's see the sanctions do not look like they having effect
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tamdun: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
chatinent:
Imagine if the world sanctioned the US.
US will go down in weeks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Rubbiish(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
fredoooooo:

Ask your Lords first same questions in Iraq, Libya , Yemen etc ..
Now u are evading the question
Is Ukraine west? Have u ever sat down to ask yourself what Ukrainians really want?
I made reference to your India ability to make decision as a sovereign nation. Ukraine is not west, stop using west to smokescreen.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by cooltola(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nellsworld:

Those oligarchs don't have political powers, Putin made it like that when he came to power, those oligarchs needs putin but putin don't need them, the people that has the political power are the strongmen, those are the Generals, and co, they aren't wealthy as the oligarchs but they are the people that dictates wat goes on the country, and the strongmen are in support of putin, they don't like the west, they want anything to do with west, that's y putin could change the constitution for him to be life president becos he has the support of the strongmen

Why did the soviet union fall? History repeat itself- Soviet Union fell because of Bad economy and other political factors - The same is meant to happen to Russia if their economy does not improve- The Ruble is dropping fast. Fighting a war is very expensive and will require Russia will use their resource at a fast rate. It does not matter if Putin have strong men running the country or backing Putin, Once the sanctions are affecting the average Russians- The core of Putin Support might not be so strong If the economic does not improve- The worst thing in fighting a war is losing the support of general Russians, if Putin can keep his approval rating high among the average Russians then he has a chance to be in power or vice versa.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Appleyard(m): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bigchristo:
US and EU along with some of their foot soldiers here on Nairaland will be so pained to hear this news, they want to see Russia drown but unfortunately Russia is opening doors to another people to patronize their oil and gas, soon they will threaten India with Sanctions grin grin grin

They bought the oil on a cutdown rate. Now do the math: the price of oil is $104 per barrel, assuming Russia sold to India on a lower rate of $80 per barrel, multiply it times 3 million, and see how the US and It's western cronies are pained by this recent India purchase. cool

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar are among the committee of truly 'independent' nations snubbing the US to pursue their own independent economic interest with Russia and China.

In yet another blow to the US effort to isolate Russia, Moscow have announced that it would provide nuclear submarine to the Brazilian navy in another multi billion Dollar deal that is set to irk Washington.

Interesting times ahead. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by BigBashiru: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
Author267:
The table is changing
We all need to wake up

This reminds me of one of our books
Africans in bondage
Its available on amazon

Russian support was responsible for the independence of many african countries from US and allies. That is why US/UK/EU hates Russia so much. If not for God and Russia, Nigeria will still be "British Nigeria" today and Namibia will still be "German Southwest Africa" while sahel will be "New France"

7 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Greyworld: 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
Rubbiish:

Now u are evading the question
Is Ukraine west? Have u ever sat down to ask yourself what Ukrainians really want?
I made reference to your India ability to make decision as a sovereign nation. Ukraine is not west, stop using west to smokescreen.

Most of them screaming west doesn't know the meaning or the appropriate use of the Term West.
Ignore them bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tamdun: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Remember, what belonged to Ukraine now belongs to Russia.
That's true ó, Russia is blessed walai

3 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by jonnyjustcome22: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
chronique:
Russia is too big and strategic a country to isolate. No matter how much support you galvanize against them, you can never totally isolate them.
You are absolutely right
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by tamdun: 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Another dull head Nigerian CNN addict spotted
Dumbo
The guy is a fool, China and India are like half population of the world, imagine if they ban Europe and US products? grin

4 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Invitationn: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Rubbiish:

& u don't think Ukrainians can decide for themselves on who they want to deal with, without being bullied by Russia? I think we humans are naturally unfair...Reason the world will never known peace!
Action and consequences.
India knows the implications of their action.
Zelensky knew the implications of his too.

Both should be agreeable to the consequences of their actions.

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by heniford2: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Indians are like yoruba if you have any as a flat mate becareful the can snitch and betray you when you think your with them i kid you not undecided
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by generalwo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
ademola721gmai:

Must he see it from that angle? Mr ‘unknown western’ puppet
..... To swear for u no hard me but make I leave u unto say no be me cause your family problems..... Shey to speak my mind now na criminal offense wen u dey call una village chief priest western puppy?? Na this kind useless attitude Russia dey exhibit for Ukraine so.... Them no go allow people do werin them wan do, just so they can exert control over them.... Oya come beat me as I think like that na... I dey my house open yansh face fan dey wait for u

1 Like

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Appleyard(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
cooltola:

Why did the soviet union fall? History repeat itself- Soviet Union fell because of Bad economic and other political factors - The same is meant to happen to Russia if their economic does not improve- The Ruble is dropping fast. Fighting a war is very expensive and will require Russia will use their resource. It does not matter if they have strong men running the country or backing Putin, Once the sanctions are affecting the average Russians- The core of Putin Support might not be so strong If the economic does not improve- The worst thing in fighting a war is losing the support of general Russians, if Putin can keep his approval rating high among the average Russians then he has a chance to be in power or vice versa.

Did you see the thousands of pro-Putin Russians that gathered yesterday to celebrate with Putin the bringing back of Crimea? Some people simply do not understand Russia. One thing that unite all Russians is when there is an international gang up against its national life. And what is happening is exactly that. Putin's approval rating will only take a massive dive downhill if ordinary Russians become unable to fend for themselves, but unfortunate for the west, it would never come to that. For a country that has 11 time zones and resting on multiple continent, it's wishful thinking that they can be isolated completely. Just like it has done with India, Russia will surely find alternate markets for it's main goods. At the end, Europe will be the biggest loser.

5 Likes

Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by frankson1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Bit surprising, considering India and China are big rivals.

Rivals you say undecided have you heard of BRICS nations?
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by generalwo(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2022
Oddfinder:

Consider this:

Russia’s total natural resources are valued at USD 75 trillion.

Russia has the largest reserves and is the largest exporter of natural gas. It has the second largest coal reserves, the eighth largest oil reserves and is the largest exporter of oil and wheat in the world.

Russia is a leading producer of copper, fluorspar, iron ore, lime, gold, magnesium compound and metals, mica, cobalt, aluminum, asbestos, arsenic, cadmium, coal, cement, boron, bauxite, vanadium, titanium sponge, tin, tungsten, potash, sulfur, silicon, rhenium, steel, pig iron, nickel, palladium, phosphate, petroleum, nitrogen, peat and oil shale.

Russia has 40% of world’s gold reserves.

20% of the global production of industrial grade diamonds and 25% of global gemstone production come from Russia.

11% of the global aluminum market is controlled by just one Russian company, Rusal.

Russia has more than a fifth of the world's forests. About one-fifth of the timber in the entire world is present in the forests of Siberia.

If you laid the oil and gas pipelines of Russia around the equator, it would encircle earth 6 times.

Only one lake of Russia, Lake Baikal has 20 percent of entire fresh water in the world. Russia has 4 of the 10 largest rivers in the world.

Russia’s top 20 billionaires have a combined wealth of about USD 250 billion, which is more than the GDP of 150 individual countries in the world.

Russian inventions include transformer, helicopter, video-tape recorder, synthetic rubber, grain harvester, electrical telegraph, arc welding, radiator, powdered milk and thousands of other things without which life would be very different today.

Russia is not a shit hole ur masters made u believe
.... Well.... The sanctions are not meant to eliminate Russia but to weaken their economy... That's the point I want u to see it from.... The sanctions may not have the Iran effect on them but it will deal a major or significant blow to them
Re: India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount by Bigchristo: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
Appleyard:

They bought the oil on a cutdown rate. Now do the math: the price of oil is $104 per barrel, assuming Russia sold to India on a lower rate of $80 per barrel, multiply it times 3 million, and see how the US and It's western cronies are pained by this recent India purchase. cool

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar are among the committee of truly 'independent' nations snubbing the US to pursue their own independent economic interest with Russia and China.

In yet another blow to the US effort to isolate Russia, Moscow have announced that it would provide nuclear submarine to the Brazilian navy in another multi billion Dollar deal that is set to irk Washington.

Interesting times ahead. cool
They will be crying now seeing all these things happening will make them know their sanction isn’t holding water grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Madeleine Albright Is Dead / Russian Missile Strikes On Kharkiv Central Freedom Square, Residential District / 15-Year-Old Student Opened Fire In U.S. School, Killing 3 And Injuring 8 (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.