Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) (65942 Views)

Anti-War Protests Hit Russia Despite Attempts To Stifle Them / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Islie: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ukrainian sailor sinks Russian boss’s $7.7 million luxury superyacht

By Adrian Zorzut, Natalia Penza, The Sun

A Ukrainian sailor sunk his Russian boss’ $7.7 million luxury superyacht in Spain before accusing him of selling weapons to Vladimir Putin.

The yacht, named the Lady Anastasia, is owned by businessman Alexander Mijeev.

Mijeev took over Rostec, a Russian state-owned weapons supplier, in 2016.

The Ukrainian sailor, identified as Taras Ostapchuk, tried to sink his boss’ 156-foot-long plush boat in Majorca by flooding its engine room, according to Majorca Daily Bulletin.

The chief engineer – who had been working on the vessel for more than a decade – opened one valve in the engine room and a second where the crew lived before allegedly telling three workers, also Ukrainians, to jump ship.

He also shut down the electricity and closed the fuel valves.

The yacht was left with a destroyed engine room.

Taras was arrested and later told a Spanish court he blamed his boss for producing the weapons that were being used to attack Ukraine.

The 55-year-old told a judge on Sunday he didn’t regret his actions and “would do it again”.

According to local press, he said: “I watched the news about the war. There was a video of a helicopter attack on a building in Kyiv.”

“The armaments used are produced by the yacht owner’s company. They were attacking innocents.”

Ostapchuk was released on charges. He claims he had no intention of causing harm to life.

He later admitted: “I’ve lost the first battle, which was to sink my Russian boss’s ship but I will win the next one.”

He confirmed he went berserk around midday on Saturday after seeing a helicopter carrying weapons he believes were made by Mijeev’s firm attacking an apartment block in Kyiv similar to one where his family live and have just fled from to hole up in a village nearby.

The Sun Online has contacted Mijeev’s office for comment.

The unrepentant sailor, speaking after being released by a court in Majorca pending an ongoing probe, told island paper Ultima Hora he would be joining the fight against Putin’s soldiers.

He said he would catch a flight to Poland from Majorca this afternoon before getting on a train or bus to the Ukrainian capital.

The luxury boat has five cabins and is 156 feet long.

He told the paper: “I’m going to fight. As soon as I reach the first Ukrainian city I will look for a military commander and ask him if they need me.”

“I told myself: ‘Why do I need a job if I have my country. I had a good job as a head mechanic on the boat and a good salary but I am going to fight for my nation.”

”I am not going to lose my country. I am not a hero, I’m a middle-aged man, but I have a lot of experience as a mechanic.”

“I’ve never held a weapon but if necessary I will. Why not!”

Speaking of the TV footage he was watching on a Spanish news channel that led to him allegedly carrying out the attack on Lady Anastasia, he added: “I live in a very similar building.”

“From my window, I can see the Ukrainian parliament. I was wondering what’s had happened to my house when I saw the footage because its in a very similar position.”

Ukraine has been bombarded with explosions and missiles after it was invaded by Russia on Thursday.

More than 300,000 civilians have fled as shells rained down across the country over the weekend – as the battle for the capital, Kyiv, stretched into a fourth day.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4786508/ukrainian-sailor-sinks-russian-bosss-luxury-yacht-spain/

7 Likes

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by immortalcrown(m): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2022
This is pure wickedness. It has nothing to do with the war. As long as the boss duly pays the sailor's salary, the sailor is just wicked. It is better to quit the job to demonstrate your patriotism. Sinking the ship cannot stop the war. Now, you have made the boss fear or hate all his employees from your country. Even if you kill your boss, other people will supply Russia with weapons as long as Russia wants to fight. Is it now that you discovered your boss sells weapons? You did not care about the boss's business until your country became affected. Are you not evil?

Your aim is not to stop the war. Your aim is to weaken Russian and empower your own country. That is why you want to disarm Russia but you want to use weapons supplied by other people to fight for your own country. You are even worse than your boss. You want to harm your boss for doing what you yourself plan to do. How are you different from your boss?

Selfishness is not patriotism. Selfishness is wickedness. Patriotism without fairness is injustice and injustice is wickedness. Patriotism does not mean you should harm other countries to favour your own country.

338 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nah..I don't agree with this..you can't do that..your boss has no business with the war..if you are too desperate then go to Ukraine and fight there..
He should be arrested and face the law..

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Mooh247: 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
tongue

Another civilian casualty / fatality loading

Putin has been very patient with Ukrainians, taking out only Military and government asset... Pleading with civilians to drop arms as they are not his target

America that is pushing them to destruction, is heavily indebted, with a National Debt of $26 trillion and an average annual deficit of $3 trillion.. American objective is to sell weapons for Slavic brothers to kill each other and weaken Russians economy so as to have a better trade relationship accross europe

329 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by pyyxxaro: 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2022
That man nor get joy oh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by tonididdy(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2022
Mooh247:

tongue

Another civilian casualty loading

Putin has been very patient with Ukrainians, taking out only Military and government asset

Fly wey nor dey hear word, go follow dead body enter ground.
There is a limit to what Putin will take for the direct attack on his economy, his soldiers and her people by the rest of the world.

AVOID THE WRATH OF A PATIENT MAN!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by xpressionx(m): 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2022
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Mooh247: 5:01pm On Feb 28, 2022
tonididdy:

Fly wey nor dey hear word, go follow dead body enter ground.
There is a limit to what Putin will take for the direct attack on his economy, his soldiers and her people by the rest of the world.

AVOID THE WRATH OF A PATIENT MAN!

Europeans and Americans are enjoying this fight of two slavic brothers, arming ordinary civilians to fight highly trained Russian Army, while they won't join the battle to keep their own military and citizens safe

240 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by gasparpisciotta: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2022
Do me, I do u.

No wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Puttin: 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Nah..I don't agree with this..you can't do that..your boss has no business with the war..if you are too desperate then go to Ukraine and fight there..
He should be arrested and face the law..
I heard you've been saying shit about me right? which country do yo live exactlyangry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by respect80(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2022
Russia should just join NATO too make everybody rest ✌️✌️✌️

8 Likes

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by ClassicMan202(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2022
Russia the big dog is bulling a small country....

In fact, I have cut all ties with Russia even my Russian girlfriend Olga can go to hell (until after the war share grin)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Chigozirimkpoma: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
shocked
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by TheABOMINATION: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
The Libyans allow themselves to be brainwashed by the west to believe that ousting Gaddafi is the next best thing after ice cream. By the time they realize that they were deceived it was already too late, their country had turned from a developing country to a war torn country.

The Ukrainians are currently treading the same path as the Libyans, goaded by the west, they right now believe that opposing Russia and asserting their freedom to do whatever they want to do is wise thing, if they don't wake up on time and face reality, their country will become a shadow of it's former self.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by janedonez(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
Opoe
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by id4sho(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2022
shocked
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Investigative: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
If the Britain does it — "civilization".
If the US & the NATO do it —"liberation".
If Russia and China do it — "invasion".
Shame on American
Shame on NATO
Shame on EU

Those against trump rally turn around to support burning of someone property
Double standard
the same people that murdered
Gaddafi
Thomas sankara
Traded Africa as slave till now
Hanged and skin many African alive
They are the real devil

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by OGBEREIJEBU: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ufu obi
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Puttin:
I heard you've been saying shit about me right? which country do yo live exactlyangry
Haha Mr Putin surrender now before it's too late.. cheesy
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by bonechamberlain(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Hmm truly Putin was right. These guys are Nazi's. I pity the poor Ukrainians working in Russia. after this war, they might move to Germany, France, Poland, US. Because actions like what this fool did would create fear and distrust.

The west have succeeded in sowing discord among brothers.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by bonechamberlain(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
immortalcrown:
This is pure wickedness. It has nothing to do with the war. As long as the boss duly pays the sailor's salary, the sailor is just wicked. It is better to quit the job to demonstrate your patriotism. Sinking the ship cannot stop the war. Now, you have made the boss fear all his employees from your country.
you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by sczeska: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Lol
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by JetStar: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
immortalcrown:
This is pure wickedness. It has nothing to do with the war. As long as the boss duly pays the sailor's salary, the sailor is just wicked. It is better to quit the job to demonstrate your patriotism. Sinking the ship cannot stop the war. Now, you have made the boss fear all his employees from your country.

I would like to bomb your house or give weapon to your enemy to do so. Let's see your reaction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Yommychrz(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
Make he find am kill finish! Idiot
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Rugaria: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2022
And they left him to walk free..
If it was done by a Syrian against a westerner, they will call it "terrorism"..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Stevenson20: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
He is doing cold war with his Boss. Too bad
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by Lotas(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2022
Stupid man
Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by bakar007: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2022
Islie:
Ukrainian sailor sinks Russian boss’s $7.7 million luxury superyacht

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4786508/ukrainian-sailor-sinks-russian-bosss-luxury-yacht-spain/
Evil demon same hate Na una take dey kill Russian speaking Ukranians in eastern Ukraine

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) by joelag: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2022
respect80:
Russia should just join NATO too make everybody rest ✌️✌️✌️
Putin said he told Bill Clinton that Russia want to join NATO, but USA refused.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos) / Teacher Removes USA Flag, Tells Students To Pledge Allegiance To LGBT Flag(Pix) / Ramzan Kadyrov Arrives Ukraine With Threat To "Finish Ukrainians"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.