Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? (1930 Views)

What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex / Mum Plans To Stop Her Kids From Getting Addicted To Games & Tablet Using This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
So many rich guys in their 40's are not married. In their case, money's not the problem. Most people would argue that the only thing keeping them from getting married was thier bereftness of a sustainable means of livelihood.
What other reason(s) could be responsible for such a dally?
Why should a 40+year old man still be single, when he's not a Rev. Father?

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by joe54: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Addiction to Masturbation

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by socialmediaman: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
Some form of gynophobia and/or misogyny, or simply they haven’t found someone they want to get married to. Some of them have kids and they’re fine with that arrangement though

3 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Richy4(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
OP, I have a question for u...

<<Is it compulsory that everyone must get married?... Or are u asking this question based on the society's dictate that everyone must be married?

Just your honest opinion smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Bobloco: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2022
So many reasons:

Finance
Right partner
Etc

But the most important of it all is that getting married before or on that age may not be his/her priority
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2022
Richy4:

<<Is it compulsory that everyone must get married?... Or are u asking this question based on the society's dictate that everyone must be married?

Let me take it that your reason is simply that, everybody mustn't get married" There must be a reason, and this is one.

2 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Richy4(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
englishmart:
Let me take it that your reason is simply that, everybody mustn't get married" There must be a reason, and this is one.

Ok.. if after reading/ seeing question mark and u still summarised it to be a statement and not a question,... Then it's 'wonderful'... People understand things differently I guess cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Do your findings. Some are separated (divorced), baby daddies, engaged, on in a relationship.

Some of them have more kids, have more sex, and spend more on women/kids than married men.

So I don't see any issue. They're technically married.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by pocohantas(f): 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lol. If you know the kind breakfast they serve some of these guys ehn, you will know the battle is not for the weak. All these 200L girls dey show them shege o.

Forget what you read online, all these small girls with tiny handbags don’t really like to marry way older guys as such. Except she is from a very disadvantaged family. If they date you, they will be hiding you from their friends and chopping your money. Time for commitment, they will disembark. That is why at a point, the tune of 36+ men would change. They will na tell you they can’t date below 28yrs.

Some have also gotten very comfortable with being single. Small thing body go dey scratch them. You must be very strong and patient to hold them down.

Some don’t want to marry. Even if they will, they will take their time, no pressure.

Some might have been married or had arrangements with semblance to marriage.

Some have had their fair share of relationships that ended for reasons beyond their control. No energy to chyke woman again sef.

Last last, except someone clearly says he/she is bothered by their marital status, I dey like mind my business.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by bigjackass: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
body odor
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by pocohantas(f): 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2022
bigjackass:
body odor

Lmao. That could be a thing too. Not everything is spiritual. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Lmao. That could be a thing too. Not everything is spiritual. cheesy
this ur siggy Carry weight o
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Vision101(m): 12:44am On Mar 20, 2022
When he done chop everything inside marriage while not married. Na wetin he want again.
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by baby124: 4:33am On Mar 20, 2022
Gay or bisexual. Or just not interested in marriage. You should ask these questions directly to avoid any time wasting.

4 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by cococandy(f): 4:49am On Mar 20, 2022
How do you not see any issues? I thought sex was only honorable within a marriage? Or is it an instruction only reserved for women?

Acidosis:

Some of them have more kids, have more sex, and spend more on women/kids than married men.

4 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 5:58am On Mar 20, 2022
cococandy:
How do you not see any issues? I thought sex was only honorable within a marriage? Or is it an instruction only reserved for women?

Lol. Coco the women defender.

The rule applies to both men and women. I was only trying to say that many 40-year-old single men do what married men do. So the "relationship" status of a single man at 40 should not be mistaken for celibacy, lack of responsibilities, or poverty.

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by cococandy(f): 6:18am On Mar 20, 2022
Acidosis:

Lol. Coco the women defender.

The rule applies to both men and women. I was only trying to say that many 40-year-old single men do what married men do. So the "relationship" status of a single man at 40 should not be mistaken for celibacy, lack of responsibilities, or poverty.

You said you saw no issues.

I’m Just trying to make sure you keep the same energy of seeing no issues when we are talking about unmarried women having indiscriminate sex and having kids with men who aren’t their husbands kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Acidosis(m): 6:25am On Mar 20, 2022
cococandy:

You said you saw no issues.

I’m Just trying to make sure you keep the same energy of seeing no issues when we are talking about unmarried women having indiscriminate sex and having kids with men who aren’t their husbands kiss

LMAO cheesy grin

Of course, I know what you're trying to do. I'm not in support of indiscriminate sex though.
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Acidosis:
Do your findings. Some are separated (divorced), baby daddies, engaged, on in a relationship.

I'm not talking about those who were once married.

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2022
Hammyaladin:
this ur siggy Carry weight o
Don't mind the siggy. She's in her late 20's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
lol. grin people r cray cray
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by SeaTrade(m): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
Early 30s...or 30.
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 10:21am On Mar 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Early 30s...or 30.
Abi? Shey you know her in person?

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by SeaTrade(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
Abi? Shey you know her in person?
Maybe,maybe not.
But you'll know that phase is over for her following the recent stance changes.
Posterity decides for us all I guess smiley
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Maybe,maybe not.
But you'll know that phase is over for her following the recent stance changes.
Posterity decides for us all I guess smiley
Posterity is not scripted.

2 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by SeaTrade(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
Posterity is not scripted.
Some certain aspects of it is...
Not really into back and forth.
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
Some certain aspects of it is...
Not really into back and forth.
Whatever, mehn.

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by pocohantas(f): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
Whatever, mehn.

grin grin grin

This made me laugh.

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
pocohantas:

grin grin grin

This made me laugh.
Lol. Your siggy is nothing but sarcastic. cheesy You even said you bring nothing to the table, not even your phone? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2022
Richy4:

Thanks for d questions, everybody must not marry,
Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by pocohantas(f): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
englishmart:
Lol. Your siggy is nothing but sarcastic. cheesy You even said you bring nothing to the table, not even your phone? cheesy

Nothing at all. Just my old sef coming to enjoy what he has worked for. At least you guys won’t accuse me of pretending to get the ring. smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? by englishmart(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
pocohantas:

Nothing at all. Just my old sef coming to enjoy what he has worked for. At least you guys won’t accuse me of pretending to get the ring. smiley
The ring isn't even available in the first place tongue. Meanwhile, enjoy while stock lasts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinion. True Life Story. / Is Your Partner Cheap / Nigerian Women A The Problem Of Child Birth- 5 Or More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.