Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (21308 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Lady Takes Pictures In A Church But Has Got People Talking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by rocknation62(m): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2022
Ha
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by girlygirlyMain: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2022
You CANNOT believe in God so much and not go out to a designated place of worship to exalt him...
It's not possible.
Any other opinion here is hogwash.

People went out to look for Jesus in the days of old. If it is money, you will go out even before time... If you deceive people don't deceive yourself. Wake up!

8 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by CoronaVirusPro: 9:46am On Mar 20, 2022
Open your Bible. Was the word “church” mentioned?

Is their any word like “CHRISTIANITY” in same Bible?

Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Toluwanise247(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Like one's salvation is tied down to one going to church? shocked
Yes ... Salvation is tied to church . Continues words of God bring salvation

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by seyz91(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Nothing is wrong with it

Afterall it's your personal relationship with God or Spirituality that matters

Not about religious
MadamVanessa:
Goodmorning Christian brethrens and to all nairalanders.

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by englishmart(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2022
Every religion satisfies the spirituality of its adherents. You can reach God or whatever deity you're allegiant to in variegated ways. You simply practice an inherited religion where you question nothing. Just fully adhere.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by obonujoker(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2022
chatinent:
Heavenly race? What will people who go to heaven do? What will happen to the earth?

The earth will be destroyed by fire
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by maticar: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

In today's society, I noticed that people seem to see those that do not go to church regularly as not being serious with their heavenly race and salvation of soul and this makes it look like one salvation of soul is tied down to going to church regularly.

I am one of such person that do not like going to church at all, but I believe so much in God and I know I am not the only one in this. This problem is faced by so many people in the world.

So is there anything wrong in one not going to church regularly but believe in God within himself or herself and try his or her best in doing the things that pleases God.
Good morning sister

It is good to go to church as it helps build our faith more in Him and helps us identify with a particular body of Christ

Hebrews 10:25 says let's not forsake the gathering or meeting together of the brethren as the manner of some is.....

How about prayer meetings?? Fasting programmes, crusades??

Do you do all this alone at home?

Think about it critically

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Ochelyko1: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Although the Bible say do not forsake the gathering of BRETHRENS. But is not a sin if u are not going to church but remain at home.

But the truth is that one can't grow spiritually except you learn from others and also share the word of God with others. As iron sharpeneth iron. Your growth is tied to the fellowship of the Brethrens.

8 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
Op, just try to dey go church, u hear?! So dat incase General blessings re poured on the congregration, u sef go receive am!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by PrudencyFeats: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

I'm telling you the gospel truth.

You barely see signboard of churches in Germany.

Not as if there are no church here, but they are not so obsessed about it.

I went to one the very first week i arrived Europe, what I saw i was speechless.

People were smoking cigarettes in the church when the pastor was preaching cheesy.

Gradually churches in Nigeria will get to that point.
Now girls/ladies dresses with whatever they feel like wearing to church, not minding the devil is using them to destroy the lives of men there.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by cyril83(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Do you mean that over there people are not obsessed about church as it's happening here?

I'm telling you the gospel truth.

You barely see signboard of churches in Germany.

Not as if there are no church here, but they are not so obsessed about it.

I went to one the very first week i arrived Europe, what I saw i was speechless.

People were smoking cigarettes in the church when the pastor was preaching cheesy.

Many people would not believe this.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chatinent: 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
obonujoker:

The earth will be destroyed by fire
Scripture backup. Any?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Honchoslim16(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2022
You are not alone OP

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by obonujoker(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2022
It's important you go to church.... for constant teachibgs of God words....

Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Davenks: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2022
It’s a command.

Hebrews 10:25 “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Mariangeles(f): 9:51am On Mar 20, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Like one's salvation is tied down to one going to church? shocked

No.

Jesus Christ said the true worshippers of God are those who worship God in spirit and in truth.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Weezy463: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
The most important thing is being with God not going to church.

Church-going could also help, but it doesn't guarantee anything. Many in the church are not with God but just church goers. There are many who don't go to church but are with God.

I happen to be one of the latter.

Bottomline, do whatever strengthens your spiritual life and walk with God. If going to church or not.

God bless.

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by maticar: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Open your Bible. Was the word “church” mentioned?

Is their any word like “CHRISTIANITY” in same Bible?

Wake up!
The apostles were addressed as "Christ-like" in Corinthians by the local population who saw their attitude as being in conformity like the Man of long ago

Thats the first time they were called christians, they didn't call themselves that

Just like the way you people call Igbos IPOB and all those names.....the name stuck
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Mariangeles(f): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2022
Toluwanise247:

Yes ... Salvation is tied to church . Continues words of God bring salvation

Says who? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Salihusaliheen(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2022
Forget about person wey tell u say u no go make heaven if u don't go to mosque or church.just have faith,belief in God that's all.most of those people that condemn u are the one who go backyard and commit sin.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by obonujoker(m): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2022
chatinent:

Scripture backup. Any?

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Why?

God will recreate a new heaven and a new earth..

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Also;

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Truefaith: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2022
These churches established and run by Satan?

Those who have ears listen.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2022
There's everything wrong with being religious. This includes going to any place called church.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2022
maticar:

The apostles were addressed as "Christ-like" in Corinthians by the local population who saw their attitude as being in conformity like the Man of long ago

Thats the first time they were called christians, they didn't call themselves that

Just like the way you people call Igbos IPOB and all those names.....the name stuck
Explain how the word "christ-like" translates to the fraudulent word "christianity". You can make your point (if any) without cross-referencing Ibos and IPOB. Ibos are not IPOB, IPOB are Ibos.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by tonididdy(m): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2022
phr0nesis:
That's just me.
What's the point of going when I have to be praying for the time to hit 11am so I can just go home

Lol this heavenly race Don tire men.
Slow and steady is the new format.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by obonujoker(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2022
Only children of the devil are unhappy when they aee Christians going to church to worship God and pray, and destroy the works of their father the Devil....

As a Christian, you can't miss going to church, as a baby Christian, you can start with Sunday Sunday medicine.

Remember you go to church fir no one but God, and continuation brings freedom, and if you church cannot change you fir better, change church...

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by pdf90(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2022
ABIODUN105:
Remember the sabbath day and keep it holy

Keeping it holy does not mean going to church.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by chatinent: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2022
obonujoker:

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Why?

God will recreate a new heaven and a new earth..

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Also;

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

When God said he'll destroy the earth during the time of Noah, did he like cut the earth I to pieces?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by Codeye(m): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2022
Same.here today I no go.and next week too I won't but I.believed God in Jesus Christ Amen
MadamVanessa:

Re: Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? by CoronaVirusPro: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2022
maticar:

So one can say the name was man made. And does not exist in Heaven as no prophet ever mentioned the name. Even in Revelations, it wasn’t still mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.