Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B (1388 Views)

North Korea Hasn't Paid For These Volvo Cars They Bought 45 Years Ago 4rm Sweden / Why Do People In Big Cars Oppress Others? / Why Do People Buy Expensive Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by fineboynl(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2022
Why do people buy expensive cars when they only need to move from point A to point B.

I really don't fancy bigger cars. When I mean bigger I mean really expensive car. Cars are meant to take one from point A to point B and not intimidation. The same thing with house.
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by Mooh247: 9:04am On Mar 20, 2022
Some love the beautiful design it's like Art that you cherish

Some love comfort associated with advanced smart cars... An automatic drive with V6 engine, Power steering wheel is far more comfortable to drive than a manual drive with small I4 2.0 engine

Personally using the clutch system in traffic like Lagos is very painful especially in hold ups

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by buygala(m): 9:34am On Mar 20, 2022
fineboynl:
Why do people buy expensive cars when they only need to move from point A to point B.

I really don't fancy bigger cars. When I mean bigger I mean really expensive car. Cars are meant to take one from point A to point B and not intimidation. The same thing with house.

Shallow opinion

A bicycle or camel can also take you from point A to point B.. so why buy a car at all when a bicycle or camel can do the same job for far less cost? smiley

17 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by laivwire(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2022
fineboynl:

If cars aren't way beyond this by now, why do you need seats, stereo systems, Air conditioners, shock absorbers etc?

Just get a skateboard since you need to move from point A to B.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by Elsueno: 11:21am On Mar 20, 2022
cool

That's what makes us humans, everyone is unique, special & has things that appeal to him/her that others might not care or find it unnecessary waste of time.

For example I find watching men chasing a sack full of air for 90 minutes straight an absolute waste of time...but I can spend 2 good hours watching anime & find it absolutely worth it.

To be honest, if humans decided to be logical, d world would be absolutely booring & plain...grin Having different passions is what makes it colorful

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by fineboynl(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
buygala:

Shallow opinion

A bicycle or camel can also take you from point A to point B.. so why buy a car at all when a bicycle or camel can do the same job for far less cost? smiley
cars have comfort. The comfort you enjoy from Corolla is same as Benz

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by buygala(m): 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2022
fineboynl:

Says you smiley

Its ok
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by seanfer(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
OP dey reason like my boss that was given a 2013 Car as official car but he prepare to park it because of maintenance and he’s taking public transport.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by nymphomaniac(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2022
seanfer:
OP dey reason like my boss that was given a 2013 Car as official car but he prepare to park it because of maintenance and he’s taking public transport.
poverty mindset. Nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by Itsrm(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
seanfer:

If its an official car the maintenance should not be on him. What is he worried about?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by alphaNomega: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Itsrm:

If its an official car the maintenance should not be on him. What is he worried about?
He owns the company and the maintenance stills stops at his desk.
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by buygala(m): 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
alphaNomega:
He owns the company and the maintenance stills stops at his desk.

So if he owns the company, why did he approve of the car being given to him, when he knew he was going to park it anyway?

No dey chook mouth inside wetin no concern you... Leave story for Pesin wey get am make e come explain

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by alphaNomega: 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
buygala:

So if he owns the company, why did he approve of the car being given to him, when he knew he was going to park it anyway?

No dey chook mouth inside wetin no concern you... Leave story for Pesin wey get am make e come explain
You wey dey chook mouth, how E take concern you? Na your money dem dey use repair the car or the boss na your family member?
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by 9icetoo(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
alphaNomega:
You wey dey chook mouth, how E take concern you? Na your money dem dey use repair the car or the boss na your family member?

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by 9icetoo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
buygala:

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by seanfer(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Itsrm:

Fueling of the Car. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by okoroemeka(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
fineboynl:

gold is meant for those that knows the value and can afford it,all men are not created equal,there are levels to life and there is a certain level you will reach then everything around you both friends, environment, property,cars and food will be on another level,you cannot expect a billionaire to be driving a Honda Accord,it will be exotic very expensive cars like rolls Royce,bentley, Lamborghini,etc,so he can blend with his class,the true test of a man is when he has power and money,if you land a billion naira contract I doubt if you will still live in a flat in ifako ijeyi or continue to drive a Toyota big daddy.
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by baconline(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
Op, what u said is very valid, alot of Blacks see cars as a status thing and not a means of transport. U see it as a means of transport which is the right thing. Trust me alot of people here will bass u for this, expect alot of insults etc

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by buygala(m): 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
baconline:
Op, what u said is very valid, alot of Blacks see cars as a status thing and not a means of transport. U see it as a means of transport which is the right thing. Trust me alot of people here will bass u for this, expect alot of insults etc

As your moniker implies, na bacon full your skull smiley... With no apologies given, you are very stupid for denigrating your own race over the kind of brainless reasoning you havesmiley

At some level in life, some commodities hitherto considered expensive luxuries become a necessity.. . There are places in this life where you can't turn up with a Corolla or some nasty looking Mazda and be expected to be taken seriously... it's what it is...

Normal Normal I wouldn't spend money buying the 2010 accord I drive presently because I could always have maintained my 2001 Accord for moving from point A to B...

But that 2010 Accord has brought me more briefs than I can count... Something wey I go do for police station wey before na 10k at best d Client go carry give me for transport, now dem dey even beg me with 50k "for fuel" and above for barely an hour's work..All majorly because I turned up in a nice suit and car.. But doing the exact same thing I did before in a bogus suit and beat up 2001 Accord smiley.. A 2010 accord is not by any means a luxury vehicle.. But it's miles ahead of a 2001 accord for someone who wishes to package himself smiley

Point is.. A vehicle is merely transport for some people... for some others it's business packaging, for some who are from rich or royal families, its family pride and expectation that they are not seen in public in lesser vehicles.. For some na their office give them to project them better for the office business.. Fr some, they have those cars for no reason other than they can spend their last card to enjoy life to the best of their capability... These reasons apply across all races, colors and types of human beings..

None of us have any right to judge how people choose to spend their money or enjoy their lives.. if a car is too wasteful for you, kindly trek or use a donkey and let the rest of us be smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by EngRichie: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
All other things being equal, bigger cars are safer.
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by nymphomaniac(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
buygala:

As your moniker implies, na bacon full your skull smiley... With no apologies given, you are very stupid for denigrating your own race over the kind of brainless reasoning you havesmiley

At some level in life, some commodities hitherto considered expensive luxuries become a necessity.. . There are places in this life where you can't turn up with a Corolla or some nasty looking Mazda and be expected to be taken seriously... it's what it is...

Normal Normal I wouldn't spend money buying the 2010 accord I drive presently because I could always have maintained my 2001 Accord for moving from point A to B...

But that 2010 Accord has brought me more briefs than I can count... Something wey I go do for police station wey before na 10k at best d Client go carry give me for transport, now dem dey even beg me with 50k "for fuel" and above for barely an hour's work..All majorly because I turned up in a nice suit and car.. But doing the exact same thing I did before in a bogus suit and beat up 2001 Accord smiley.. A 2010 accord is not by any means a luxury vehicle.. But it's miles ahead of a 2001 accord for someone who wishes to package himself smiley

Point is.. A vehicle is merely transport for some people... for some others it's business packaging, for some who are from rich or royal families, its family pride and expectation that they are not seen in public in lesser vehicles.. For some na their office give them to project them better for the office business.. Fr some, they have those cars for no reason other than they can spend their last card to enjoy life to the best of their capability... These reasons apply across all races, colors and types of human beings..

None of us have any right to judge how people choose to spend their money or enjoy their lives.. if a car is too wasteful for you, kindly trek or use a donkey and let the rest of us be smiley
are you my learned friend ?
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by nymphomaniac(m): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
I understand OPs point of view sha. Everyone is wired differently. There are billionaires who do not see the need to drive big cars or SUVs. A small car that is neat and comfortable will do the job for them. Case in point, Ngolo Kante.

However, there are lots of variables to these things. Some people buy cars for prestige, some for work related reasons, some to attract clients, some for business etc. I don’t think it’s fair or right criticizing a person who uses 15m to buy a car just because there are 4m naira cars that can move that person from Point A to B

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by talktimi(m): 1:22am On Mar 21, 2022
If you attended economics class in your SS1 at least, you wouldn't be asking this silly question. People buy what they want or need as long as they can afford it and it's not your damn business what they do with their money in fact, what will look like big money to you would actually be chicken change to them so mind your business
Re: Why Do People Buy Big Cars? They Only Move Point A To B by Meklex(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
fineboynl:
point of correction, cars don't have the same comfort level.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sequoia Review / How Du You Repair Flood Damaged Vehicles? / Pontiac Vibe looses power....pls help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.