Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Marriage Is Big Deal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Is Big Deal (1021 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is Big Deal by Davemarine: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
Marriage was talked about a bit in church today.
So I was inspired to drop this.

It is quite unfortunate that the view of many(youths) about marriage is that Marriage isn't worth it or is over hyped, just because of what the modern day society has painted marriage to be.

Here's a question, Is there a virtue that is making progress in the current society? The answer is NONE, not even a single one. Instead, Prostitution, stealing, cultism, fornication, adultry and disregard for human life is what is making geometric progress in the society, especially in Nigeria. Some of these are now even considered normal.

Second question, are these vices what is worth it or not over hyped? It beats my imagination that someone who would claim to be educated and have his/her sanity, ridiculously believes that marriage isn't a big deal, just because of society. Marriage/Family is the cell of the society and the world at large. It is worth it, It's a big deal and it's can never be over hyped or emphasized.

You better be responsible, but if you want your life and destiny to be determined and driven by society, good luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by KanwuliaExtra: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
Then go and get married and practice what you are preaching.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
Davemarine:
1. Marriage was talked about a bit in church today. So I was inspired to drop this.

It is quite unfortunate that the view of many(youths) about marriage is that Marriage isn't worth it or is over hyped, just because of what the modern day society has painted marriage to be.

2. Here's a question, Is there a virtue that is making progress in the current society? The answer is NONE, not even a single one. Instead, Prostitution, stealing, cultism, fornication, adultry and disregard for human life is what is making geometric progress in the society, especially in Nigeria. Some of these are now even considered normal.

Second question, are these vices what is worth it or not over hyped? It beats my imagination that someone who would claim to be educated and have his/her sanity, ridiculously believes that marriage isn't a big deal, just because of society. Marriage/Family is the cell of the society and the world at large. It is worth it, It's a big deal and it's can never be over hyped or emphasized.

3. You better be responsible, but if you want your life and destiny to be determined and driven by society, good luck with that.
1. Jesus Christ no send anyone to go about teaching about marriage to anyone, He made this quite clear when He reaffirmed that marriage was nothing but a choice given by God to men - Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11 - and in His clear statement that your marriages of are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 undecided

2. Marriage is only a big deal for those of you who chose to make it so for yourselves . In your case, it seems you consider it a virtue, and if that works for you, then OK. undecided

Family, not marriage, is the cell of society, as marriage does not define family. What marriage instead does is produce families to the design that is stipulated by the type of marriage. Many families out there don't reflect the same design as that created by marriage... there are many homes out there where rather than have a man and wife in the picture, you instead have what would seem completely unrelated individuals living together as a family unit. undecided

3. Being responsible is ok and good but don't go around forcing marriage in the faces of those who don't want it abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Davemarine: 5:25am On Mar 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ no send anyone to go about teaching about marriage to anyone, He made this quite clear when He reaffirmed that marriage was nothing but a choice given by God to men - Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11 - and in His clear statement that your marriages of are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 undecided

2. Marriage is only a big deal for those of you who chose to make it so for yourselves . In your case, it seems you consider it a virtue, and if that works for you, then OK. undecided

Family, not marriage, is the cell of society, as marriage does not define family. What marriage instead does is produce families to the design that is stipulated by the type of marriage. Many families out there don't reflect the same design as that created by marriage... there are many homes out there where rather than have a man and wife in the picture, you instead have what would seem completely unrelated individuals living together as a family unit. undecided

3. Being responsible is ok and good but don't go around forcing marriage in the faces of those who don't want it abeg. undecided

You don't understand English and you perhaps don't live in Nigeria.

Where did I say Marriage is for everyone? what I'm saying is the society is poisoning people's mind about marriage.

After quoting scripture, you're not even ashamed of saying Family and not Marriage is the cell of the society. If you truly believe in the bible, explain how you can form a family without Marriage. Think before you talk.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2022
Davemarine:
1.You don't understand English and you perhaps don't live in Nigeria.

2. Where did I say Marriage is for everyone? what I'm saying is the society is poisoning people's mind about marriage.

3. After quoting scripture, you're not even ashamed of saying Family and not Marriage is the cell of the society. If you truly believe in the bible, explain how you can form a family without Marriage. Think before you talk.
1. Marriage and family not in anyway unique to Nigerian society. undecided

2. Society itself poisoned the people's minds with lies from the time of our ancestors about marriage. What What happening today is the backlash that follows the realization that we have been living a lie, bowing to absolutely foolish rules and ideas in ignorance. undecided

3. Why should I be ashamed of telling the truth? undecided

I don't believe in the Bible, instead I believe in God and God never mandated your marriages, nor did he command you all to lord your opinions and ideas over others. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Davemarine: 6:37am On Mar 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Marriage and family not in anyway unique to Nigerian society. undecided

2. Society itself poisoned the people's minds with lies from the time of our ancestors about marriage. What What happening today is the backlash that follows the realization that we have been living a lie, bowing to absolutely foolish rules and ideas in ignorance. undecided

3. Why should I be ashamed of telling the truth? undecided

I don't believe in the Bible, instead I believe in God and God never mandated your marriages, nor did he command you all to lord your opinions and ideas over others. undecided

1. Nigeria and the world at large was born out of families, 99.9% of those families was born from Marriage. What kind of human being are you sef. Please put that into your head.

2. What do you call a lie? What are the Mysteries the Bible revealed about marriage?

3. You don't believe in the Bible but believe in God?�
So how do you relate with God?� You clearly don't have enough knowledge to argue this with me.
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
Davemarine:
1. Nigeria and the world at large was born out of families, 99.9% of those families was born from Marriage. What kind of human being are you sef. Please put that into your head.

2. What do you call a lie? What are the Mysteries the Bible revealed about marriage?

3. You don't believe in the Bible but believe in God?�
So how do you relate with God?� You clearly don't have enough knowledge to argue this with me.
1. For one who claims to be a teacher, it seems in ignorance you stand. Insulting me won't give your assumptions any meaning. undecided

2. Mysteries revealed about marriage? You mean the same marriages that Jesus Christ said are of this world and not of His Kingdom in Luke 20 vs 34 - 38 and the very same one He proclaimed was only a option created by God for men when He said that God created some Eunuchs from birth, had some become Eunuchs in this life, and allowed some choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom - Matthew 19 vs 3 - 11? undecided

3. I don't have enough knowledge about God and things of God to argue with you? Ha! undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Davemarine: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. For one who claims to be a teacher, it seems in ignorance you stand. Insulting me won't give your assumptions any meaning. undecided

2. Mysteries revealed about marriage? You mean the same marriages that Jesus Christ said are of this world and not of His Kingdom in Luke 20 vs 34 - 38 and the very same one He proclaimed was only a option created by God for men when He said that God created some Eunuchs from birth, had some become Eunuchs in this life, and allowed some choose to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom - Matthew 19 vs 3 - 11? undecided

3. I don't have enough knowledge about God and things of God to argue with you? Ha! undecided

1. Have you been thought why God created Man and still went ahead to create a woman?

2. Did your Bible say it is not good for a man to be alone? Maybe you need commentary on Luke 20 vs 34 - 38, because what the Bible was talking about is far from what you're saying. Have you died and gone to heaven? That scripture is for those that have died and gone to heaven not you and I still on earth.
I don't remember talking about life after death in my initial post.

I know Marriage is optional, the Bible didn't say not getting married isn't a sin but the same Bible said "go ye forth into world and multiply and fill the earth" and the same Bible said again that it not good for a man to be alone. Like I said earlier it still not a must everyone should marry, But that doesn't mean the likes of society influenced fellows like you should paint marriage a bad thing or of little important.

3. Bring more points if you have, let me turn them against you.
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Acidosis(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
Kobo.junkie:

I don't believe in the Bible, instead I believe in [b]God and God never mandated your marriages, nor did he command you all to lord your opinions and ideas over others. undecided

Why are you wasting your time, @ Davemarine?? Don't you have something tangible to do with your time than argue the bible with someone who clearly made the above statement in bold??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Davemarine:
1. Have you been thought why God created Man and still went ahead to create a woman?

2. Did your Bible say it is not good for a man to be alone? Maybe you need commentary on Luke 20 vs 34 - 38, because what the Bible was talking about is far from what you're saying. Have you died and gone to heaven? That scripture is for those that have died and gone to heaven not you and I still on earth.
I don't remember talking about life after death in my initial post.

3. I know Marriage is optional, the Bible didn't say not getting married isn't a sin but the same Bible said "go ye forth into world and multiply and fill the earth" and the same Bible said again that it not good for a man to be alone. Like I said earlier it still not a must everyone should marry, But that doesn't mean the likes of society influenced fellows like you should paint marriage a bad thing or of little important.

Bring more points if you have, let me turn them against you.
1. Have I been taught by whom exactly? undecided

2. You mean that which was said by the very same God who created some Eunuchs from the womb, allowed others be made Eunuchs in this life, permitted others to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom- Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11 ?

Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 has absolutely nothing to do with those who are dead since they can't read or nor concern themselves with the things that concern the living e.g. marriage. And nobody dies, and goes to heaven as you assume. Heaven and Hell remain closed to souls, to this day, this since Jesus Christ has yet to return to judge all men - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. undecided

And about the man God made reference to when He created Eve, it was Adam. In Genesis 2, Adam was the one God spoke of it not being good to be alone. And it was that very reason that God cloned Eve from Adam. No other man on this earth has had, to marry, a clone of himself made by God's hands. undecided

3. How can not wanting to be married be a sin when God Himself specifically created some for that very purpose- not to be married? You dey comprehend at all? undecided

Be fruitful and multiply was God's Law to the world before Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God's New Law to the world and since it is sin against God to serve two Masters where God's Law is master,how can a one profess to belong to Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law, yet still pretend to bow to another Law?. undecided

By the way, sin is as defined by God's very Law to us and particularly to those of us gentiles, God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God is Jesus Christ, so where exactly did Jesus insist that all be married, even when He Himself never did?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Apr 05, 2022
Acidosis:
Why are you wasting your time, @ Davemarine?? Don't you have something tangible to do with your time than argue the bible with someone who clearly made the above statement in bold??
I don't believe in the Bible... God never asked you or anyone to do such. undecided

It is your pastors and mogs who teach you to limit God, and knowledge of Him, to a book called your Bible, this, against God who never decreed such for His followers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Hathor5(f): 8:48am On Apr 05, 2022
How has marriage prevented stealing, cultism, adultery?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Czario: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
Unrealistic Modern people rather than society ruined marriage. Yes without prior knowledge of what marriage really is and absence of God's counsel it's better you do not marry...

Anyone getting married today just deceive themselves with idealistic imaginations and get disillusioned after reality hits.

Again, marriage isn't for everybody. Some people are doing just fine without it.

Know thyself.
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
Czario:
Unrealistic Modern people rather than society ruined marriage. Yes without prior knowledge of what marriage really is and absence of God's counsel it's better you do not marry...
Technically, it wasn't society that ruined marriage but instead God who cursed marriage after man fell - Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Czario: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Technically, it wasn't society that ruined marriage but instead God who cursed marriage after man fell - Genesis 3 vs 16. undecided

Wait oo.. lemme look that up.
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
Czario:
Wait oo.. lemme look that up.
By putting a curse on marriage, God all but guaranteed it would not work for any man and woman who submit to the cursed union. undecided

But then God sent Jesus Christ to redeem man from that curse and the others - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, so that only those who submit instead to Jesus Christ instead of the curse will be saved in the end. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Czario: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
By putting a curse on marriage, God all but guaranteed it would not work for any man and woman who submit to the cursed union. undecided

But then God sent Jesus Christ to redeem man from that curse and the others - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, so that only those who submit instead to Jesus Christ instead of the curse will be saved in the end. undecided

I can't even laff @ what you typed up there...but I wish I met you 7 years ago
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Czario:
I can't even laff @ what you typed up there...but I wish I met you 7 years ago
What happened 7 years ago?. undecided
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Czario: 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What happened 7 years ago?. undecided

Oh I was about to get married cheesy
Re: Marriage Is Big Deal by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Czario:
Oh I was about to get married cheesy
LOL...wait a second.... I am not in anyway suggesting that marriage is wrong. undecided

What I am instead making clear here is that so long as the partners in the union submit to God's curse, their marriage is guaranteed, by God, to fail. undecided

So the way around that is to chose to submit and obey the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, instead of the curse, in order to enjoy a non-cursed marriage. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Little Girl Plating Her Daddy's Skinny Hair Goes Viral / Social Media Outraged At Video Of Man Flogging His Father / Is This A Good Television? Please Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.