Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development (18317 Views)

Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History / Aisha Buhari Relocates To Dubai; Cites Insecurity In Aso Villa - SaharaReporters / Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by King44(m): 7:23am On Mar 21, 2022
Lamba queen sorry old king
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by phemmyfour: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2022
He doesn't have the solution....they can only cite the problem
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by BrickDevo: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2022
kaymart:

Na by sepaking on plans?
Wake up..
Consider what Buhari promised during campaign and what he did after election.
Buhari promised to cleanse Nigeria off corruption, feed sch children, provide multiple jobs for the teeming youth population, build refineries, diversity the economy, provide security and was going to crush Bokoharam in maximum of 6months.
Oh! He even condemned foreign medical trip for public office holders.
As a matter of fact and time, he did none of that, infact he did the reverse of most if not all of what he said.
So, forget talk....you still can't be gullible in this day and age.
I remember the way they used to exemplify and dignify Buhari's body language and the so called "man of integrity status". Where's the integrity as at today?

Or do politicians swear oaths to become Devilish immediately after attaining power?

They don't swear anything, was buhari not a president before, what did he do, it was only because Nigerians are Foolish that they had to elect him again knowing he was never good.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Godpunishnairal: 7:25am On Mar 21, 2022
CAN U IMAGINE.
NO BE UNA DEY FOR POWER FOR 7 YEARS NOW. WHY UNA NO DO AM?

WHO IS FOOLING WHO HERE?

YOU HAVE BEEN A NATIONAL LEADER OF APC FOR 7 YEARS NOW,YOU NEVER PROPOSE IT TO YOUR PARTY IN POWER TO IMPLEMENT NOW ITS A CAMPAIGN POINT FOR YOU.NIGERIA HAVE ROTTEN FINALLY

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Kajaard: 7:27am On Mar 21, 2022
gaby:
But it’s hard Sha. You want to be President
Your wife is a Senator. Your Daughter is Iyaloja
Your Son is Advertising Guru for State Accounts. Your
Newspaper is the official organ for several South Western
States. Your TV station is the official paid propaganda channel
of several southern states.
"You collect Tax Revenue as a Consultant for Lagos State. You
own almost all the remaining valuable real estate in Lagos.
You own a private Hospital inside the State Teaching Hospital
in Ikeja.
"You own burial grounds and mortuaries with your wife in
Lagos. Your wife is the official supplier of Diesel to all Lagos
state formations and generators powering all street lights in
Lagos. You control directly all the machinery of Government in
at least 6 states.
"Unless there is something else that is wrong with you and
your head, what are you looking for in the Presidency? If you
have managed the resources and states you control very well,
we would be the ones calling for you to be President.

Copied**

There is a word for it bro: GREED
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by hush15: 7:28am On Mar 21, 2022
[quote author=Dsalvo post=111219352][/quote]

Year in, year out, we keep hearing motivational speeches that even the speaker is void of. The only time you begin to hear such speeches are when the elections are drawing close and on that weakness, they promise heaven and earth, to reign fire and brimstones on all the hindrances of the nation but we all know that all are lies just to get power and they begin their I don't care attitude.

as for Tinubu, I say this

BELIEVE HIM AT YOUR OWN PERIL.....

All he wants is the power that will only solidify his affluence. Once he is there, I won't be even surprised if he happens to be the first President to change VP ten times sef cos of his inability to tolerate contrary opinions. If you think Osinbajo is a puppet, wait till you meet Tinubu's VP. He did it with Lagos. He did it with Osun and Aregbe is now mourning left, right and center. If he becomes President, it won't be different cos an apple never falls far from its tree. After all, he is only chasing a lifelong ambition, not the country's interest and if there is anything to take from that when such a person achieves his or her lifelong ambition, their interest becomes the country's interest and not the other way round.

Fellow Nigerians, don't fall for his shenanigans. Tinubu is not humble o. He is just a typical power-thirsty maniac who just wants to outshine his former boss (MKO Abiola) and that will not only use power to influence and intimidate, not just opinions but dissenting voices that challenge his position on actions and thoughts. Mark my words, for example, his daughter will be elevated from the Iya Oloja General of Lagos to that of Nigeria and at that time, you all won't be able to do any shit about it but live with it forever. Even more brute will be his ardent followers' cos they will leverage on the abuse and arrogance of their principal's power and authority. These have I seen and speaking.

Nigerians, be wise

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by ictplotter(m): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2022
Oh my God, oh, oh, oh
E be lik say dey wan' tell us wetin we never hear before
2baba dey here plus Soul-E Baba dey here
Zapadapadap, dapadap de dapadap
De dapadap de
No be small thing oh
No be small thing oh
No be small thing oh
No be small thing oh
I say no be small thing oh
No be small thing oh
No be small thing oh
Looking back through all the years
That you and I have spent together
It seems like you've been playing me all along
So many times, you asked me to put the whole of my trust in you
So many times, you betrayed and played me for a fool
Why don't we work together so the future will be brighter?
'Cause, e be like you and I
We dey need each other all the time
All the time
Another year has come
And now you want my trust once more
Oh, no
E be, like say you want me to tell me another story again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to act another movie again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to code another coding again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to dance
Galala na the new dance, again oh
You want to sing another song again (e be like say)
E be like say you want to code
You want to code oh
See, all I want to say is that
They don't really care about us
'Cause all they want to do is to get in touch with big bucks
'Cause they think the money gives them the power
But the power is nothing
If your people cannot get quality education
The power is nothing
If your people keep on dying of disease and starvation
The power is nothing
If your people have no peace (no peace)
The power is nothing
If your people cannot live in unity (eh)
See, why do you keep deceiving the people? My brother, my sister
See, why you make all this people to dey fight one another?
Oh, no
Only God can judge you now
Another year has come
And now you want my vote once more
Oh, no
E be, like say they want to tell me another story again oh
(E be like say)
E be like say they want to act another movie again oh (e be like say)
E be like say they want to do another deceiving again oh
E be like say dem want to dance
Galala, na di new dance, again o
They want to sing another song again (they want to sing...)
E be like say they want to code
They want to dance
I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Wey go promise and fail and make the people live in harsh conditions
Dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Why don't you change your ways?
Change your ways now
Make the people live the way they are supposed to live
Eh, eh
No be small thing o
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (no be small thing o)
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (I say no be small thing o)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by rippa(m): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2022
[quote author=Dsalvo post=111219352][/quote]
These people do not even rate us at all.
Same thing u guys used to campaign 8years ago, it's what he want to use to campaign now, and if he wins, he won't do anything about it and rather leave for the next person that will use same thing to campaign . These people came in with a lot of promises and none was fulfilled.
We gave u guys 8years to see if u could do anything differently from PDP, u ended up worst despite the promises. In a sane society, they should be begging Nigerians for forgiveness, not asking us to vote for them. They just wasted our 8years just like that
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by emmykk(m): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:
Do Tinubu have a stake in any of the DISCOS in Nigeria?

I love the points he raised

As for me, Tinubu is the only serious candidate for now

I can't wait to hear him speak more on his plans for Nigeria.

I fully agree with him on this.

Since he knows that electricity is the problem of development in Nigeria,for 8years why did he not join the likes of Ameachi and fashola to. As minister to fix the electricity problem

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Thinktwicemybro: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2022
SmartPolician:
Alhaji Tinubu, it's not true.

The biggest impediment to Nigeria's economic growth is lack of patriotism.
Corruption and the nepotistic Tinubu is the chairman of corruption
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by ayoncox: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2022
Dsalvo:
Mr Tinubu you are OP here, Infrastructures do not develop or advance a nation, because a nation is not the land or infrastructure but a people. People's development or Human Development is the development, putting infrastructure first before that is just a fools play. True nation building is building the people and not providing infrastructure else they will have beautiful cities and awesome amenities but poor and helpless people.

Perhaps you will provide infrastructure, it should never be proposed as a promise because social amenities are the essential need of a people, you should not be wooing people with that, some of us won't be carried away with such seduction.

Infrastructural development is not an evident of a developing nation in the actual sense, it is supposed to be the result of development if and only if the people of the land are responsible for it and managing it.

We keep shouting it is infrastructure,it is electricity, it is this it is that when you are asked how you would not be able to give good answers.

For example, no nation that is productive as an an industrial economy depends only on hydro electric power, all of them included first nuclear energy and then solar and wind energy which are all very cheap to maintain.

Providing the infrastructure is never the problem, but when the people who will use them are not the same people that created them and build them, their ignorance will be the platform by which those infrastructure will end up being wastes.

We know you are old and more exposed than many of us young, but when it comes to this things we can't be fooled again.

Last time you said Jonathan is the reason why electricity is bad, now you are saying another thing. Oga please go and rest please
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by rippa(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2022
emmykk:

Since he knows that electricity is the problem of development in Nigeria,for 8years why did he not join the likes of Ameachi and fashola to. As minister to fix the electricity problem

He is godfather to fashola, fashola was minister of power for 4years. If he does have the solution to the problem, why didn't he discus it with his godson? So he had it In mind to use it to campaign for himself. Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by investigator007: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2022
Lol, so what's has he done about it in Lagos state for the past 22 years?
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by M1Garand(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
Yaradua was a dying man. He didn't serve for long for us to know his intentions.

Buhari started well with many hopes... The #body_odour era. There was almost constant light and many sectors sat up but with time, he revealed his true colours.

But wait... Why do you all like circulating leadership? These are same people who had been in power before, yet Nigeria is upsidedown.

Politics is not an easy thing. The likes of Atiku and Jagaban last served in 2007. But what did they do, they found a way to remain relevant in the grand scheme of things and that's the trick. It's not about someone being old or something. It's about reality no technorat like they call them either wike, or peter obi or Osinbanjo or Fashola the younger generation can match any of Atiku and Jagaban in terms of political clout and financial base needed to contest for Nigerian president. It will take a miracle like GEJ own to find someone strolling into Aso rock.

Nigerian presidency takes several years to materialise and that's what people don't understand when Tinubu said it's a lifelong thing meaning he has been carefully planning for it. Same reason Atiku is not backing down despite losing in the last 3 elections.

It's only God that can help us. This is just the plain reality of Nigerian politics where the strong shall always choke the weak.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:
We can't give up

We will have to continue trying till we get it right.

Yea we can't give up, but not with a man like Tinubu whose only legacy in Lagos is one of chaos and touts. Lagos is a rough city today because Tinubu handed over the transport sector to touts... No foreigner can use our roads without wondering if we are sane humans in Nigeria. So sad...
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 21, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
Yaradua was a dying man. He didn't serve for long for us to know his intentions.

Buhari started well with many hopes... The #body_odour era. There was almost constant light and many sectors sat up but with time, he revealed his true colours.

But wait... Why do you all like circulating leadership? These are same people who had been in power before, yet Nigeria is upsidedown.

Indeed. Yet I have come to see that the main problem of Buhari , and I say this as a former passionate fan of the man, is that he does not work for permanent or fundamental solutions.

Same goes for OBJ and GEJ. Nigeria needs a passionate and visionary reformer who will not be cowered against initiating reforms that may be punitive to some in the short term but will revolutionize Nigeria long term and set her on the path of greatness.

I became totally disillusioned with Buhari when he mocked restructuring by saying those demanding restructuring dont know what it is.

He equally lampooned State policing in insisting Nigeria persevere with a failed Federal and national police force when it is obvious we need to be like the USA we borrowed our system of governmance from.

In the end, anything short of a reform-minded President ia a waste of time that will be very dnagerous for the survival of Niveria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by allicare: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2022
God bless you sir, Problems rightly diagnosed and
identified. Your solutions too are unassailable. Carry go baba. Nigerians are praying fervently for u.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Parachoko: 7:40am On Mar 21, 2022
jikins:

Same points Buhari raised we are seeing the results now. When will you guys learn that these people don't care about you or the country. They are just there for their personal pocket and ambition. Someone that couldn't solve the light problem in Lagos for all his time as governor and also as godfather. You think if this man was serious about this he won't have solved it since. Same way he was hyping Buhari for us. When una go wise?
There is no way a state Governor can solve the power situation presently.

Power is on the exclusive list.

Have you forgotten what happened between Lagos State and The FG concerning a power plant built by the Lagos State Government in the early 2000?

We can't say because Buhari is messing up, then we will stop voting

We have to keep on trying till we get it right.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by SeriouslySense(m): 7:41am On Mar 21, 2022
What about us are we not humans beings, why should our priority be to impress a foreigner.

cheesy cheesy cheesy I don't like driving in our roads.

Loewe:

Yea we can't give up, but not with a man like Tinubu whose only legacy in Lagos is one of chaos and touts. Lagos is a rough city today because Tinubu handed over the transport sector to touts... No foreigner can use our roads without wondering if we are sane humans in Nigeria. So sad...
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2022
SeriouslySense:
What about us are we not humans beings, why should our priority be to impress a foreigner.

cheesy cheesy cheesy I don't like driving in our roads.

Because you have accepted the chaos as a normal thing, so it takes a foreigner to let you all know you're not normal... If you're enjoying the rough environment, by all means keep pushing for evil politicians, body go tell una!
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by gangafashions44(m): 7:43am On Mar 21, 2022
Ganga Fashions Pvt Ltd is a trusted Indian fashion brand or best Indian Ethnic Wears for Women in india for more than 20 years. We provide all types of fabrics, dresses, kurta-set, shawls, co-ords, kantaf, dupattas, satin, slub at the best price. We offer only quality products & we are proud of it. Enjoy the hassle-free experience as you shop comfortably from your home or your workplace. Buy Co-ord Sets for Women Online with us. You can also shop for your friends, family, and loved ones and avail our gift services for special occasions. For free shipping & COD available. Shop today! visit - https://www.gangafashions.com/

Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by colossus91(m): 7:43am On Mar 21, 2022
Any aspirant that doesn’t see the lack of vision and development in this Buhari reign is not ready to rule us!!
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Ezmans: 7:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:

before tinubu fake seven point agenda, what did his APC told nigerians in 2015 before election or maybe they have forgotten that they promised Nigerians 10,000 mega Watts of power before 2019. Any human being believing nigerian politicians should go to hospital & check his brain
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:
There is no way a state Governor can solve the power situation presently.

Power is on the exclusive list.

Have you forgotten what happened between Lagos State and The FG concerning a power plant built by the Lagos State Government in the early 2000?

Correct. Any Nigerian well-informed about our power challenges, vis a vis a national grid urgently needing modernisation, will realise the discrete solutions at State or regional level is the way out.

FG wont accede to that so the cycle of inadequate power supply continues. The words of Tinubu below are codedly powerful. The man is not perfect but he understands the problems of Niveria and knows the solution.

Most importantly, he will fight to implement those solution and that is what some do not want.

We must convince those political and economic factors currently impeding our quest for reliable power to step aside so that we may obtain this critical ingredient to economic vitality,” he said.

He said Nigeria must realise that no populous nation has ever attained broadly-shared prosperity without first creating an industrial capacity that employs large numbers of people and manufactures a significant quantity of goods for domestic consumption or export.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by jesmond3945: 7:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Parachoko:

interest rates are increased because of inflation. He cannot force CBN not to increase interest rate. The greatest impediment to Nigeria is inorrinate corruption which he is part of.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by storm001(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2022
Be speaking grammar, it will not save you this time.
APC will fail woefully if they nominate you for president.

You will only win in Lagos after using MC Oluomo and his thugs to disrupt election.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Arabaincubus: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2022
And people should not forget that he carries himself regally as the leader of the ruling party - and he watched his party ruin happiness for Nigerians.

He is simply talking nonsense.
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by pacespot(m): 7:52am On Mar 21, 2022
By now, any sensible Nigerians should have grown tried of these election promises. If you can identify the problems in the country, why are they still there since you are part of the current system
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2022
SmartPolician:
Alhaji Tinubu, it's not true.

The biggest impediment to Nigeria's economic growth is lack of patriotism.

Lack of patriotism is a result of lack of economic opportunities
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by OgunkeelAllMod: 7:54am On Mar 21, 2022
Oloriburuku yorrobanza thief!you helped brought the disaster called buhari!you shall reap what's you so in fullness of time.!
Re: Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development by SeriouslySense(m): 7:54am On Mar 21, 2022
Not everyone accepts the chaos and stone age ways of the country.

The country slowly kills some, since its the survival of the fittest, at least some flee from chaotic living or know how to be flexible in such a senseless and savage lands.

What is the difference between the primitive living and the country grin grin grin

Loewe:

Because you have accepted the chaos as a normal thing, so it takes a foreigner to let you all know you're not normal... If you're enjoying the rough environment, by all means keep pushing for evil politicians, body go tell una!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice W.S. Nkanu Onnoghen: Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Oluwo Of Iwo Offers To Bear Buhari’s Sickness, Says President Deserves 8 Years / Mace Theft: National Assembly Committee Summons Omo-Agege, Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.