Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Age On Transcript - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Age On Transcript (1334 Views)

Advice On Transcript For US & Canada Admission / PLEASE HELP(UNILAG TRANSCRIPT): How Do I Get My Transcripts Processed / FUTO Transcript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age On Transcript by Sheillaa: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2022
Dear people,
I used my real date of birth (1982) for polytechnic admission several years back. After NYSC, I reduced my age (1985) to fit into a job interview then, which I eventually got the job. I made 1985 my official age, I’m pursuing admission abroad now and requested for my transcript.
I want to know if age is on transcript? and if yes, how do I go about updating it to 1985 since all my documents including NIN and international passport has 1985.
Please advise me, dear NLanders
Re: Age On Transcript by kepstone: 9:16am On Mar 21, 2022
Does not matter... Your means if ID is the main. Tell them you have issues with your age registration at the point of filling your documents in university.
They have to work with what you have on your ID.
Similar issue here and I am moving forward

2 Likes

Re: Age On Transcript by LordIsaac(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
No age on transcript (sessional one). I actually don't know about the academic transcript.
Re: Age On Transcript by Sheillaa: 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
kepstone:
Does not matter... Your means if ID is the main. Tell them you have issues with your age registration at the point of filling your documents in university.
They have to work with what you have on your ID.
Similar issue here and I am moving forward

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Age On Transcript by Sheillaa: 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
LordIsaac:
No age on transcript (sessional one). I actually don't know about the academic transcript.

Ok thanks for responding.

1 Like

Re: Age On Transcript by AdemuyiwaOba(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2022
I have the same issue, but a year difference. The age on my passport is correct, while the one on the transcript is wrong.

Sheillaa:
Dear people,
I used my real date of birth (1982) for polytechnic admission several years back. After NYSC, I reduced my age (1985) to fit into a job interview then, which I eventually got the job. I made 1985 my official age, I’m pursuing admission abroad now and requested for my transcript.
I want to know if age is on transcript? and if yes, how do I go about updating it to 1985 since all my documents including NIN and international passport has 1985.
Please advise me, dear NLanders
Re: Age On Transcript by omis234: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2022
LordIsaac:
[color=#000099][/color]

DOB is included in the academic transcript I got from my sch.
Re: Age On Transcript by Sheillaa: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
AdemuyiwaOba:
I have the same issue, but a year difference. The age on my passport is correct, while the one on the transcript is wrong.

have you been able to resolve it?
Re: Age On Transcript by PECng: 11:27am On May 25, 2023
Solution to Date of Birth Discrepancies on Your Transcript
If not the biggest problem among alumni of Nigerian schools then it would be the second; a large percentage of our alumni have issues with their date of birth. This problem emanates from the Nigerian culture of needing to claim a younger age because of the labour market and also to avoid early retirement, and other reasons like age insecurities and carelessness. These are reasons why alumni would leave one date of birth with WAEC, leave another date of birth with JAMB, leave another one with their school, leave another one with NIMC, and leave another one with Immigration. All these often come back to cause troubles for the person when one of these offices need multiple of their documents. This is why, in relation to transcript, this is one of the problems that often pop up. It’s like everyone has different date of birth on their transcript from the one they have on their NIN and international passport, and this always cause problem for the affected people since schools don’t change date of birth on transcript; your school would only use the date of birth you submitted when you were admitted, nothing would make them change it. But how do the affected people solve this problem? CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/05/solution-to-date-of-birth-discrepancies.html

Re: Age On Transcript by PECng: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2023
Wrong Date of Birth on Your Transcript: The Ways Out of the Problems it Causes

Having different dates of birth on your documents like NIN, international passport, licenses and transcripts might not be a big deal if all you do is local, but the time you decide to go international, like get a job abroad or try to get an admission abroad or a visa to travel abroad or something, then is when you’d realize the problems having different dates of birth on your needed documents can cause you. Although your name and age are two things most countries are able to afford to allow you claim as they suite you; Nigeria is one of the countries that can afford leaving your name and date of birth to you to determine (we might or never get to when Nigeria allows you to determine your gender), but still, the authorities in Nigeria, for understandable reasons, still make claiming different names and different dates of birth regrettable for you. Example of this is when you, for some reasons, leave one date of birth with your school when you got admitted and you leave another date of birth on your national and international identification documents; every institution that would be involved in fixing these differences for you would make you regret you let this happen to you. CONTINUE READING HERE>https://www.pecngr.com/2023/09/wrong-date-of-birth-on-your-transcript.html

(1) (Reply)

Great Nnamdi Azikiwe University.n.a.u. I Need Some Information. / Help / Micheal Okpara University Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.