Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

A Natural War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Natural War (832 Views)

Alao-akala Says PDP Will Soon Die A Natural Death / Saraki ’s Arraignment Before CCT ‘ll Die A Natural Death — Braithwaite / Saraki'arraignment Before The CCT Would Die A Natural Death.-Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Natural War by denex: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2007
Cloud seeding is a relatively unpopular and specialized area of Geography under the field of Weather Modification. It employs airplanes or ground-mounted apparatus to spray Silver Iodide or Dry Ice in clouds, causing maritime rather than continental droplet size spectrum, stimulating rainfall through coalescence.

In Tropical regions the material commonly used in seeding cloud is a hygroscopic material, commonly
Salt. This has been used in Argentina, Morrocco and Mexico.

Cloud seeding was developed by learning the secrets of the ancient rainmaking in Africans and Native Americans.

More peaceful countries have applied cloud seeding technology in improving agriculture and reducing drought.

Russia used cloud seeding during the Chernobyl disaster to cause rain which helped wash away a lot of the radiation in the environment.

China recently used cloud seeding to cause rain in Beijing after a long dry spell. China's neighbours are forwarding accusations though about China "stealing rain" by seeding clouds which would have otherwise floated to other countries to rain if they were left to follow their natural course.

Australia has also shown considerable success in cloud seeding.

Most times, in temperate environments, cloud seeding results in rain. This was recently used in Israel where it snowed miraculously a couple of years back.

More destructive uses for cloud seeding are been researched by the USA.
Operation Popeye carried out by the US 54th Weather Reconnaisance Squadron Extended by the monsoon reason by about a month in Vietnam during the war as far back as 1967.

The United States Military has been carrying out experiments on Modifying hurricanes in the Atlantic Basin since the 1960s under Operation Stormfury. They have so far been successful at worsening otherwise mild hurricanes, increasing the damage capacity of small hurricanes and generally making them thousands of times more severe.

At this time, it is unclear whether the hurricanes KATRINA and RITA are some of those experiments which spun out of control.
Re: A Natural War by Afam(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2007
Very interesting article. I hope countries experiencing droughts may use the technology to bring rains while the US can continue with its experiments and the attendant mistakes that come with them.
Re: A Natural War by denex: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2007
And I hope countries that are currently experiencing the worst monsoon flooding ever this year and those regions in the USA that experienced the most devastating hurricanes in their history can begin to turn their suspicion on someone and stop assuming that it is just the work of God.
Re: A Natural War by fatty27: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2007
Are sure this is not an imaginary conception?
Re: A Natural War by BABEELOVE(f): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2007
welcome back denex!!! kiss
Re: A Natural War by Afam(m): 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2007
BABEELOVE:

welcome back denex!!! kiss

Did you notice the date this thread was opened?
Re: A Natural War by PTH(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2007
Afam:

Very interesting article. I hope countries experiencing droughts may use the technology to bring rains while the US can continue with its experiments and the attendant mistakes that come with them.

the usual anti-American bias! grin Some individuals sha.
Re: A Natural War by tnaidaR(f): 4:13am On Aug 26, 2007
PTH!!! whatever that stands for grin
Re: A Natural War by PTH(m): 4:28am On Aug 26, 2007
tnaidaR:

PTH!!! whatever that stands for grin

take a pathology class you dont want to take, the pth moniker should explain itself. grin
Re: A Natural War by tnaidaR(f): 4:33am On Aug 26, 2007
Does this have anything to do with the tyroids(Para TH) Explain jo! grin
Re: A Natural War by PTH(m): 4:36am On Aug 26, 2007
tnaidaR:

Does this have anything to do with the tyroids(Para TH) Explain jo! grin

lol no. pth is the course title for the pathology class i have this fall. wink
Re: A Natural War by tnaidaR(f): 4:39am On Aug 26, 2007
Thanks for leading me across the river before giving me water to drink tongue Good luck smiley
Re: A Natural War by PTH(m): 4:42am On Aug 26, 2007
tnaidaR:

Thanks for leading me across the river before giving me water to drink tongue Good luck smiley

i shld have led you to the desert and left you with no water to drink. grin wink
Re: A Natural War by tnaidaR(f): 4:44am On Aug 26, 2007
That would have been mean of u tongue I'm off to bed. May the bugs bite as you sleep. ta ta grin
Re: A Natural War by PTH(m): 4:46am On Aug 26, 2007
lol take care hun. May the bugs have you for breakfast too. grin
Re: A Natural War by BABEELOVE(f): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2007
Afam:

Did you notice the date this thread was opened?

Thanks for bursting my bubbles! undecided

I guess some of us will have to be patient!!!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Alams Is A National Hero / Obj Versus Umaru Which Is Right? / Orji Kalu's Plan To Leave Nigeria! Can This Be True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.