Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" (6440 Views)

Uneasy Calm In SSS Over ‘hurried Promotion’ Of Marilyn Ogar, Others / Massob Give 48hrs Ultimatum To SSS Over Detained Leader / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2011
the SSS dont just arrest any type of people.they arrest those that threaten state security.if this arrest is not connected to one (most likely post-election violence or boko haram), then this administration may just have put a big question mark on itself
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
ola_pluto:

El-Rufai will gain alot from this. He will soon be hero to some deluded Nigerians. Those who will see his actions as a 'real' opposition. We have a long way to go in Nigeria. El-Rufai was PDP for close to a decade before finding his new saintly self in CPC in less than a year, and he suddenly dissociates himself from the evils of Nigeria. The truth is that we have only one political ideology in Nigeria, spread across parties. Maybe the ACN is abit different, but the slogan of all parties in Nigeria is chop chop chop. el-Rufai will be found guilty of many offences if his file is opened. He knows that. He's even lucky its GEJ. His own brother forced him to exile
my taughts exactly.let the Goodluck administration b careful how they handle this thieving exploiter turned 'saint'.reading through his write-ups, one would be under the impression he's never been in govt and has been an activist all his life Nigeria is chop chop chop. el-Rufai will be found guilty of many offences if his file is opened. He knows that. He's even lucky its GEJ. His own brother forced him to exile
[quote][/quote]
my taughts exactly.let the Goodluck administration b careful how they handle this thieving exploiter turned 'saint'.reading through his write-ups, one would be under the impression he's never been in govt and has been an activist all his life
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by jimmysho(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2011
He is only been picked based on unwarranted comment. nobody is inviting him to d ss for corruption, effc will do that. when the president is not doing what some folks want, they will claim "he is too soft 4 d seat" and when he start working on bad eggs in our society they claim "he is autocratic" especially when it affects their co-travellers. let him be charge if they find anything on him
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by jimmysho(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
It beat me hallow that el rufai has suddenly become a hero to some individuals that their believe is that anyone that speaks against the govt of the day is on the side of the citizenry. I question their sense of judgement because this is absurd
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2011
Nigerian politicians are simply not good enough at politics.

El_rufai has been self destructing in the last couple of months, instead of ignoring El-Rufai they have simply offered him undeserved sympathy.

The man has been working so hard to be Buhari's successor in Nigerian Politics. I think that is a very wrong move for anybody who wants to lead this country because while that will guarantee you Buhari's base which is largely made up of religious extremists or half baked fools; your candidacy will be a difficult sell to the rest of moderate Nigeria which is where election is usually won.

If the Government know what they are doing they should release El-Rufai and ignore him.

Somethings are more serious than what El-Rufai has to say right now.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by jimmysho(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2011
Ignoring people like him at this time may the appropriate card on the table for now because some times if you allow the spectre to stay too long in the hand of a peasant, he might ve notion that he is of royalty
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by egift(m): 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2011
egift:

If you steal very huge sum in Nigeria, you will be celebrated (Eg: Bode), but if you stand by the truth - you will experience hell on earth (Now El Rufai).

Also if you can blow up things (like militants), the government will be paying you for doing nothing. You may even get a round table discussion with officials. But if you remain law abiding, you will be added among those Nigerian graduates that are unemployed cry cry cry
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by enyojo(f): 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2011
jimmysho:

It beat me hallow that el rufai has suddenly become a hero to some individuals that their believe is that anyone that speaks against the govt of the day is on the side of the citizenry. I question their sense of judgement because this is absurd

mikeansy:

El_rufai has been self destructing in the last couple of months, instead of ignoring El-Rufai they have simply offered him undeserved sympathy.

The man has been working so hard to be Buhari's successor in Nigerian Politics. I think that is a very wrong move for anybody who wants to lead this country because while that will guarantee you Buhari's base which is largely made up of religious extremists or half baked fools; your candidacy will be a difficult sell to the rest of moderate Nigeria which is where election is usually won.

If the Government know what they are doing they should release El-Rufai and ignore him.

I personally do not admire El-Rufai's on some issues while he was at FCT. But we all cannot take this from him : NIGERIA NEEDS SOMEONE AS DETERMINED AS EL-RUFAI TO MAKE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT.
Assuming El-Rufai is made the EFCC Chairman or Petroleum Minister or The Minister of Power? The harvest of Results can only be left to wild imaginations!!
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by egift(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
mikeansy:

@mikeansy: You are a blo[size=1pt].[/size]ody mo[size=1pt].[/size]ronic i[size=1pt].[/size]diot. How dare you use those words to describe Buhari's support base? Yet you claim to be very peaceful, while vomiting venom.

I use to have respect for you, but this election made you throw away all decency to the wind.

- In what way are Jonathan's supporters better than those of Buhari?
- On what measure did you prefer GEJ against Buhari

You should be very ashamed that hatred is eating you up.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2011
egift:

@mikeansy: You are a blo[size=1pt].[/size]ody mo[size=1pt].[/size]ronic i[size=1pt].[/size]diot. How dare you use those words to describe Buhari's support base? Yet you claim to be very peaceful, while vomiting venom.

I use to have respect for you, but this election made you throw away all decency to the wind.

- In what way are Jonathan's supporters better than those of Buhari?
- On what measure did you prefer GEJ against Buhari

You should be very ashamed that hatred is eating you up.

In whose stronghold were people murdered in cold blood post election just because they prayed to a different God?
I guess you are no longer so sure who between us is the moronic i.dio.t after answering that question.

I stand by my view that Buhari's base is mostly made up of religious extremists because if not for that why will a man who usurped the constitution and truncated democracy come back many years later in the same country and ask for the people's vote under a democratic system of Government and yet taken seriously.

I stand by my argument that the hard core of Buhari's base is made up of religious extremisis.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by enyojo(f): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
^^ Then let your idol GEJ wake up from the slumber and prove that he has 2 God-given balls!!
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

They just blew off the Force hqtrs and the lame duck could only arrest El-rufai!!
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2011
enyojo:

^^ Then let your idol GEJ wake up from the slumber and prove that he has 2 God-given balls!!
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

They just blew off the Force hqtrs and the lame duck could only arrest El-rufai!!

When did hatred for Buhari equate to love for GEJ?

I am not a fan of GEJ and made it clear before, during and after the election.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by pingme: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2011
@mikeansy
What are you? Who are you a fan of?
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2011
pingme:

@mikeansy
What are you? Who are you a fan of?

I am a fan of Nigeria.

I don't have to support any of the leading politicians if I do not believe they are up to the job.

But I still maintain that if Nigeria was a serious Nation where common sense and retionality reigns supreme; Buhari should not even be part of National debate.

He will be spending the rest of his life advising young Army recruits how not to plot coups and oust a democratically elected Govt. Rather what we have is the man insulting our collective sensibilities by asking for the people's vote.

This man set this country backward by at least 20years.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by pingme: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2011
@mikeansy
Then shut the f up and stop insulting people who stand for something. What the heck does fan of Nigeria mean?
You can stay still on your chair in your house looking for Mr. Perfect with no flaws and zero mistakes to rule Nigeria rather than bring down people who have made efforts to cause positive change.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
So I can not debate about Nigeria because I neither support Buhari or Jonathan?

you are a little kid ok.

There is no need telling someone online to shut up when you can't physically do nothing about it.

In real life maybe you wont even be able to speak to me let alone ask me to shut up.

so grow up son. You have no control over asking me to shut up or not. So no need trying to.

pingme:

@mikeansy
Then shut the f up and stop insulting people who stand for something. What the heck does fan of Nigeria mean?
You can stay still on your chair in your house looking for Mr. Perfect with no flaws and zero mistakes to rule Nigeria rather than bring down people who have made efforts to cause positive change.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by pingme: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
If you took my shut up literally, then I obviously won't be talking to you in real life.
Anyway, it's offensive calling Buhari's support base as "largely made up of religious extremists or half baked fools".
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2011
What exactly does elrufai stand for in one of his recent publications in thisday he was even quoting a publication of bokoharam to drive home his point.thisday june 24 2011. It was my opinion that it was irresponsible of him because he was painting them not so bad.Since nobody knws why he was invited to a chat it would be wise to wait and hear.Besides elrufai is no saint we knw what he did in abuja as fct minister but we choose to suffer from selective amnesia. If we are the youths to save Nigeria then we need to be objective and ask more of our leaders otherwise the future is dim.with the way pips here are screaming abt elrufai one would think it was a crusader of justice that has been called for a chat but the good thing is time is a revealer of truth we will soon knw more.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by egift(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2011
@mikeansy: The worst that is happening to you is that you don't even belong anywhere. When our nation is falling off the edge, you who can not take a stand have the guts to call people name. I did regard you if you did take a stand, even if na with Bode/Bankole/Ohakim or anyone - Shame on you.

@Post: This administration will wine, dine, steal, kill, loot with you as long as you keep singing their praise. Once you tell them "this is wrong" - you become an enemy of the state.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by egift(m): 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2011
No be we come rescue am for Madam kitchen - now he is paling around with cabals

www.nairaland.com/attachments/402648_if_it_comes_to_this_jpg0608f0b57a6772a016e668b8c009ad5f

During Elections: "I have no enemy" and "I have no shoe"
After Election: "Everyone silence or", "4yrs is very short", "lets pray for crime to stop", "Juju people are visiting me".
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Eziachi: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2011
mikeansy:

I am a fan of Nigeria.

I don't have to support any of the leading politicians if I do not believe they are up to the job.

But I still maintain that if Nigeria was a serious Nation where common sense and retionality reigns supreme; Buhari should not even be part of National debate.

He will be spending the rest of his life advising young Army recruits how not to plot coups and oust a democratically elected Govt. Rather what we have is the man insulting our collective sensibilities by asking for the people's vote.

This man set this country backward by at least 20years.
Please don't kid yourself with the fan of Nigeria mantra, because to some southeners like you currently, to show your love or loyalty to GEJ you need to rubbish Mr Buhari, call him name, insult him or make up story about him.

Name one single coup based on fact that Buhari participated in the planning that you knew? By the way, your hero in Ghana Rawlings did not only plan a coup more than once but he later asked them for their votes and got it too.

Why Buhari asking for vote an abnormal for you but you have no qualms with OBJ asking for vote as a former coup beneficiary or some present day governors too or the like David Mark being the chief lawmaker for you?

There was a serious election violence in Akwa Ibom and am sure in your warped reasoning, Buhari planned that too from his home in Daura. It funny what tribalism can do to people's reasoning and fuel it with hate.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by jaz(m): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2011
i dont hate anyone. Btw Buhari and GEJ i chose d lesser and more manageable evil -GEJ. None of them is worth being d president of our nation. Moreover, i'll rather die by the sword than vote an extremist. Also, inciting d youths against govt. To d point of causing a near north-south division thereby threatening d security and sovereignity of d nation is a treasonable offence.
El rufai is a product of corrution and a charlatan of truth, anyone who gets carried away by his deceiving tongue is myopic, gullible and plagued wit a short memory
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by luvinhubby(m): 11:54pm On Jul 02, 2011
That El-Rufai stated facts he knew while in government, (where he employed and was paying his girlfriend in foreign currency), and did absolutely nothing about it. Worked very hard to handpick and rig a sick Umaru who gave us a pointless 7 point agenda into power, oversaw the demolition of homes and shops of helpless Nigerian that led to impoverishment and sometimes death of his victims, revoked C of O`s of landed properties in Abuja and allocated same to his wives, concubines and family members.  Goosh, , this man is F.aggot and muppet and deserves to be injected with lethal injection and left to die, and not try to force himself into the consciousness of the Nigerian people as a civil hero that he is not. angry angry
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Eziachi: 12:43am On Jul 03, 2011
@jaz
Who is the extremist you rather kill yourself than voting for? I will like to know with your facts and extreme examples/evidence. No vagues, just lay us your facts.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by dayokanu(m): 12:57am On Jul 03, 2011
Eziachi,

You are asking for FACTS? you go wait tire

Who doesnt know that GEJ's base is largely made up of reetards and extreme tribalists

Are those the people you are expecting to give FACTS?
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by semidaraeb(m): 1:14am On Jul 03, 2011
@all el rufai suppoerters sit down there and be fooling yourselfs that he his a good man, was he not Obj's lap dog for 8yrs!!!!? Why didn't he speak then, was he not a minister in pdp or was It cpc!!!!? He was defending the government up and down then, was it not the same el rufai that was paying coppers almost 200k a month or there about (someone pls verify the figure am not sure) until it blew open and NASS called him to oder, he was the same person Obj used to fight Atiku have(don't get me wrong Atiku is not a saint they are all the same) you forgetten and Atiku was the one who brought him into government, when Yar'dua became president didn't he run away cos Nigeria was not safe for him any longer, he came back when GEJ became president and now the same President that made it possible for him to come back his the one he attacks on pages of papers all over the plAce, You guys should sit there and be decieving yourselvesa, all what he his saying is because he was not made part of the government, was he a clean man while in government the answer is NOooo, he did what all government people do misappropriation of funds and allocation of land to friends and family.

We should stop painting people like him as good people and that they mean well for Nigeria because they don't and they never will, Its just so so unfortunate that NL as this bandwagon effect so much so that once one person tows a particular line everyone follows the same line of reasoning and thought, pls el rufai is not a saint and will never be and we should be more objective because most of us on this forum if given the opportunity in this country to rule will do worse but we all know how to critise and run our mouths afterall na him easy pass, that is why at times when I read some peoples comments on this forum I just walk away because it won't do me any good to start a fight on NL or name calling that will make me feel like assualting someone cos its not worth the trouble . Please am not holding brief for pdp or GEJ but Let's do things in a constructive way not the once we start it is to insult and call people all sorts of name way. Its sickening (PLS NO INSULTS)

Thank you, nd now the same President that made it possible for him to come back his the one he attacks on pages of papers all over the plAce, You guys should sit there and be decieving yourselvesa, all what he his saying is because he was not made part of the government, was he a clean man while in government the answer is NOooo, he did what all government people do misappropriation of funds and allocation of land to friends and family.

We should stop painting people like him as good people and that they mean well for Nigeria because they don't and they never will, Its just so so unfortunate that NL as this bandwagon effect so much so that once one person tows a particular line everyone follows the same line of reasoning and thought, pls el rufai is not a saint and will never be and we should be more objective because most of us on this forum if given the opportunity in this country to rule will do worse but we all know how to critise and run our mouths afterall na him easy pass, that is why at times when I read some peoples comments on this forum I just walk away because it won't do me any good to start a fight on NL or name calling that will make me feel like assualting someone cos its not worth the trouble . Please am not holding brief for pdp or GEJ but Let's do things in a constructive way not the once we start it is to insult and call people all sorts of name way. Its sickening (PLS NO INSULTS)

Thank you,
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by becomrichv: 1:24am On Jul 03, 2011
what is freedom act, when you arrest people.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by dayokanu(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2011
What do you expect from Alamieseighas boy boy and Turais houseboy turned president
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by Remii(m): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2011
becomrichv:

what is freedom act, when you arrest people.

Idi Amin once stated " There is freedom of speech but freedom after the speech is what can not be guaranteed"
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by dayokanu(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2011
Maybe Idi Amin is the new role model for Odechukwu Jonathan
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by liquid7: 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
Reason El Rufai is gainig popularity is simply because he is talking against the government.
But the truth is the "messiah" nigeria needs,the chavez of nigeria ,the putin of nigeria is certainly not this guy.His hands are not clean,he still associates with people who have stolen their share of the national cake and he lacks the vision .
he has stolen his own share of the national cake and as someone pointed out if the government truely open his files many offences will come out.
He might be the best talking at the moment but he is certainly not fresh air.
We need a true believer in nigeria not someone trying to push his way back in by another means.I respect him talking out but i feel he is not the man we need.
Re: El-Rufai Arrested By SSS Over "Inciting Claims" by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2011
Definitely we one we need is not the reetarded Odechukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo: All APC Gubernatorial Aspirants Collapse Structure, Endorse Akeredolu / Major Cities Of oduduwa(pictures) / President Jonathan Returns Home On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.