Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,907 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters (10666 Views)

Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket / Segun Showunmi: Lose Akeredolu If You Will, But Do Not Push Ondo To 1983 / Ambode Picks Governorship Re-Election Form (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by AnonPoet: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ogun 2023: Supporters Besiege PDP Nat’l Secretariat As Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Form

vow to ensure victory at poll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltODceSAj1w

A huge crowd of supporters besieged the Wadata House, National Secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party, on Monday, as one of the party’s leading voices, Segun Showunmi, picked the nomination form for the Governorship of Ogun State in 2023.

Showunmi, spokesperson for the Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation in the 2019 presidential election, had received the endorsements of thousands of party faithful across the 20 Local Government Areas of Ogun State, including leaders of opposition parties, in a massive rally last Wednesday.

He was accompanied to the PDP National Secretariat by a crowd of party chieftains and loyalists, who insisted that it was time to redefine governance in Ogun State, noting that in Showunmi, they had seen a window through which the status quo could be changed effectively.

The crowd was almost uncontrollable as they struggled to own the event, immediately their preferred candidate stepped out with his nomination form.

One of the supporters, Alabi Majekodunmi, who resides in Abuja, vowed to go back to Abeokuta with his family members just to ensure his “role model” sailed through in his governorship bid.

“I have been watching him on TV and I dare say this is one of the most intelligent Nigerians around. He has the capacity, I’ve not seen any like it before. I watched his declaration, and I want to agree that he is truly the leader that he had been searching for all along. I read on Facebook that he would be picking his form today and here I am. Not only me, many of us here,” the quantity surveyor said.

Responding, the Governorship aspirant said he was confident of victory in the 2023 Ogun race, noting that there were no fears, either within the party or across party lines.

He, however, stressed that he was humbled by the large turnout of supporters who had urged him on, non-stop, to put his hat in the ring.

Showunmi said, “I am humbled, to say the least. People paid their way in these hard times from everywhere to stand with me today. You have continued to call on me to contest the governorship of our dear Ogun State, and today I have demonstrated that I have heard you clearly. The job has started, let’s go there.

“I don’t have gold to give for this overwhelming support, neither do I have silver. But I assure you, I will make the people of Ogun State and my humble self proud as I take sure footed steps, abiding by selfless principles, on this journey to the next level of leadership.”
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/ogun-2023-supporters-besiege-pdp-natl-secretariat-as-segun-showunmi-picks-governorship-form/

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by bizbrainko: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
I wish you the best bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by abobote: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
I wish him the best, while places like ogun are 50/50 for APC and PDP, I won't advise any PDP candidate to look the way of lagaos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by ekukeku(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
No other news again except pick forms, buy forms, ilu le o

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
Form to loot...lubbish. I pity the gullible in this cowtree, dem never learn their lesson.

If I have my way, I will form a killer squad who will begin manhunting and assassination game of some crooked polithiefcians in this shıthole...

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by LaSenior: 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
cheesy
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by dplordx(m): 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
K
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by dejavuh0007(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Scammers.
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Giffted(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
issokay
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Valuepaints20(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abdulhameed24:
OLD GREEDY MEN

GOODBYE TO OLD GREEDY MEN angry

GOODBYE APC & PDP

Nigeria Decides 2023

NYDP ❤️❤️
NYPD nko?

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Glorybeuntothy(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please someone should please help me with little amount to buy food eat the hunger is unbearable any more am hungry I need food life of a student really tough and if you have job too to sustain I ll appreciate please am hungry thanks and God bless.....Zero 66 seventy 98 Zero 36 Ge Te Be
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by jojofola: 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Another Dapo Abiodun.

Make these men rest Abeg!!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Rayd502(m): 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
This man can't be regarded as someone that will change the fortunes of his state...Another greedy politician is all I see.
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by alphaconde(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
i really enjoy listening to this man.

i hope he makes a good governor

one of the few politicians in the country with ideology

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Mooh247: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abdulhameed24:
OLD GREEDY MEN

GOODBYE TO OLD GREEDY MEN angry

Make all this old men go rest abeg

GOODBYE APC & PDP

Nigeria Decides 2023

NYDP ❤️❤️

National Youths Democratic Party ❤️❤️

Like say you sef no go old

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Deborahi34: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Fafa
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Anything to move Ogun State forward is all we want @[b][/b].

God bless all good indigenes of Ogun State.

God bless Nigeria

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by ashawopikin(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
ekukeku:
No other news again except pick forms, buy forms, ilu le o
na the season, election don dey near, person no go hear word again

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by humberjade: 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Joker cheesy
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by humberjade: 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
abobote:
I wish him the best, while places like ogun are 50/50 for APC and PDP, I won't advise any PDP candidate to look the way of lagaos

IMO, the guy lacks the political clout and financial muscle to contest and win...the election will by won and lost before 4pm on the election day.
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ok. All the best.
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters by nedubrazil111(m): 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
k

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Returns From UAE Amid Uncertainty Over Amended Electoral Act / Yuguda: As President, Tinubu Will Address The Problem Of Corruption In Nigeria / How Would You Rate The Nigerian Power Sector This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.