Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket (21158 Views)

Dapo Abiodun Re-Elected; Wins Ogun Governorship Election 2023 / Labour Party's Seyi Sowunmi Wins Ojo House Of Representatives Seat In Lagos / Ogun PDP Governorship: Segun Sowunmi Wins At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by AnonPoet: 6:38am On May 26, 2022
Segun Sowunmi, on Wednesday emerged the Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ogun State.

Sowunmi contested the election with two other aspirants, Jimi Lawal and Ladi Adebutu.

Sowunmi polled 554 votes to defeat his closest rival, Lawal who scored 30 votes, while Adebutu polled 15 votes.

The election which was held at secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Abeokuta, the State capital, was conducted in the presence of security.

The election which was monitored by officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission, NEC, and members of the Inter Party Advisory Council of Nigeria, IPAC, was peaceful, free and fair.

The chairman of the electoral committee, Abayomi Daniel, announced Sowunmi the winner of the election after the votes were counted.

According to Daniel, a total number of 778 delegates were accredited, 702 votes were casted while three votes were voided.

“By the power conferred on me by the national leadership of our great party as the chairman electoral committee of the PDP governorship primary election in Ogun State declared Hon. Segun Sowunmi as the winner of the election having polled the highest number of votes and he is hereby returned and elected”, Daniel said.

Sowunmi in his acceptance speech, commended members of the party for their support and promised not to let them down.

Sowunmi called on other aspirants to work together with him to secure victory for the party in the 2023 general elections.

Sowunmi said, “I humbly accept the nomination as candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for Ogun State.

“I thank all the delegates, I thank all relevant authorities and the security for their efforts.

“I am particularly impressed by the orderly manner of the primaries.

“I wish to extend an olive branch of peace and camaraderie to my brothers fellow aspirants.

“It is the beginning ot a new dawn in the PDP and a sure step towards a defining moment in our beloved Ogun State.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/ogun-2023-sowunmi-wins-ogun-pdp-governorship-ticket/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Maxymilliano(m): 6:40am On May 26, 2022
The election will be a walk-over for Dapo Abiodun even before midday.

Where is Ladi Adebutu ?

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by jeff1993: 6:41am On May 26, 2022
Lol ..... Waste of time

Dapo Abiodun will still win!!!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Imortal001: 6:41am On May 26, 2022
Congrate to him!

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:41am On May 26, 2022
I never expected this.

Adebutu was no where to be found

59 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by sirjoggy(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2022
I wish you best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Udemzy05: 6:42am On May 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Where is Ladi Adebutu ?

Yeah with all his ineptitude.

18 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by humberjade: 6:42am On May 26, 2022
PDP died in Ogun a long time ago, and would be buried finally with this latest development. It means they have two factions in Ogun State; Adebutu was announced winner of a faction yesterday, and Sowunmi, the winner of the other faction today, interesting days ahead.

Consequently also, Dapo is returning as a 2nd term Gov elect of Ogun without breaking a sweat.

21 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Jeffkline(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2022
Hiss tongue

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by meritadavize1(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2022
K
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by IboHausaYoruba: 6:43am On May 26, 2022
Wow! This man is full of ideas, I really wish he win at the general poll. Congratulations Segun Show.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by muykem: 6:44am On May 26, 2022
Is there any parallel election in Ogun state because I read this morning that ladi Adebutu won.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Salvador1: 6:44am On May 26, 2022
I thought adebutu has emerge.
I don't understand

10 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by MrMcJay(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2022
It is just a bargaining chip for his faction. He will reduce PDP's chances and decamp to APC after the elections.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by ybalogs(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2022
He should just not waste money campaigning. APC is definitely coming back

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by ybalogs(m): 6:45am On May 26, 2022
Salvador1:
I thought adebutu has emerge.
I don't understand
Seems PDP is even more divided than APC.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Esama: 6:46am On May 26, 2022
So sad that ogun will still vote Dapo the ineffective governor.
Maxymilliano:

Where is Ladi Adebutu ?

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Osibajo2023: 6:46am On May 26, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Where is Ladi Adebutu ?
lol, this faction of PDP is working for APC, they are just there to obstruct Ladi adebutu, being the main challenger

10 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by MrMcJay(m): 6:46am On May 26, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Wow! This man is full of ideas, I really wish he win at the general poll. Congratulations Segun Show.

Prof. Benjamin Ayade of Cross River has more ideas than him. Go and read Alhaji Yahaya Bello's manifesto.
Both are classical failures and they are both young and full of ideas.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by MrMcJay(m): 6:47am On May 26, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
I never expected this.

Oh, this is the nonsense they did in OOPL yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by erai30(m): 6:47am On May 26, 2022
Primary elections in this country is simpler than Primary 6 common entrance examination, spread the money and get the vote. No once Cates if you have the passion of the state at heart or not. MAY GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by onoms4luv(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2022
Credibility is never the case anymore.. Only the highest bidder wins the seat.

This country is in deep shit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by LibertyRep: 6:48am On May 26, 2022
He won the primaries conducted by his faction.

Adebutu also won the primaries conducted by his faction.

Last last, na court go determine the winner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Corporate2020: 6:48am On May 26, 2022
E no concern me

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by adioolayi(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2022
MrMcJay:

Prof. Benjamin Ayade of Cross River has more ideas than him. Go and read Alhaji Yahaya Bello's manifesto.
Both are classical failures and they are both young and full of ideas.

Hmm..... meaning, not about books of ideas... implementation is key.

If it's about books of ideas...the so called Professors and Doctors that have held various positions in this country, including heads of departments, Vice Chancellors, heads of government agencies, Governors, Senators have FAILED ..even President was one time a PhD holder...yet, all na failure.

It's well

8 Likes

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by Corporate2020: 6:50am On May 26, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
I never expected this.

I am really surprised. I expected him to win easily after the other idiot Buruji Kashamu has been permanently caged by COVID.

Wetin happen nah ?
Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by DeleTaller: 6:50am On May 26, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/ogun-2023-sowunmi-wins-ogun-pdp-governorship-ticket/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Despite that Dapo is one of the useless governors..... it is a pity that he will win his second term once he has primary ticket....
I swear this pdp people no just sabi any game for inside politics...

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2023: Segun Sowunmi Wins Ogun PDP Governorship Ticket by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:51am On May 26, 2022
erai30:
Primary elections in this country is simpler than Primary 6 common entrance examination, spread the money and get the vote. No once Cares if you have the passion of the state at heart or not. MAY GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA.
Left to me, I don't buy the idea of this primary nonsense. Imagine electing the delegates candidate at the general poll when we all know that brown envelopes must have been passed around.

It's a messed up system.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ- Nissan To Build Cars In Nigeria / Fayose Orders Ekiti Assembly To Approve N10b Appropriation A Month To Hand Over / Ramaphosa To PMB: We Regret Attacks But Have To Address Poverty, Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.