Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal (24978 Views)

Prophet Ayodele Tells Peter Obi Things He Must Do To Win Presidency. / Presidential Election: South-West At Crossroads Over Tinubu, Obi / "I Never Said Any Region Can't Win Presidency": Tambuwal Denies Viral Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Ttalk: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kingozymandias:
It's not the turn of the Southsouth, it's the turn of the southeast.
The silence of the Southeast should worry everyone .. rightfully it's our turn to elad this great nation.. we are not more bedeviled with problems than any other tribe yet we are being denied our rightful shot at the fixing this nation .
Some people have asked me have we fixed the southeast ? I laugh because other regions have ruled yet they are still battling myriad problems so why are my people being denied our turn?

Salty suddenly zoning that has been used by every region to secure the slot has been jettisoned now it's the turn of my people and it Futher makes us feel disenfranchised and and marginalized.

Then tomorrow you turn around and wonder why sesssionists had such a willing ear in the people to listen?

You can't deny a people their rights and make them feel less and expect them to willingly want to stay in Nigeria .. that is wrong and tantamount to bullying.

Who in his or her right conscience can say it's not the turn of the Igbos ? Please who can in good honest faith say this ?

Why push a people so hard to the point just telling yourself they can do nothing ? Really ? A nation can never be built by brute force but by inter Corporations and unity. Let me tell you my fellow NIGERIANS , IPOB didn't have up to 10% of the Igbo people support forget those iliterate touts and their social media propaganda. But to deny my people our right this time around for whatever reason is telling the remaining 90% of us who rejected ipob that maybe just maybe those touts have a point.

Yes power isn't given ,yes I agree but as ever other region had it zoned to them and a consensus picked so should it be done for the Southeast. To deny us our right is to do what Chinese is doing to Taiwan, to do what Israel doing to Palestine, to do what ImUAE is doing to shites..

Forget whatever we tell ourselves, each and every one of you my fellow country men and women know it's the turn of my people. I would have taught the great Asiwaju a defender of justice would have picked an Igbo man as his chosen candidate, that would have sent the message that he recodnizes that's it's rightfully our turn and that he stands for justice.

Anyways it's his right to run for office but like I said, to deny us is going to send a very strong message to every single Igbo man, woman ,boy and girl child that we are not recodnized and wanted in this country and I am afraid that would have a very dire repercussions in inter ethnic relations . I don't think buhari is in support of it not being an Igbo person infact I am shocked to admit from his a tions one can deduce he feels rightly it should be an Igbo person..

Alas time will tell

Seriously I must sympathize with genuine Igbo like you that air your view without hate.

How I wish you can place yourself in the position of an Ogoni man, a Bini person or an Itshekiri who equally deserve it but have not gotten.

Sincerely, I believe the only time zoning has worked in Nigeria was when Obasanjo picked Late Yardaua to succeed him. Other presidents since 1999 have been child of circumstances.
Jonathan became president not because of zoning but because his principal died, he was voted for in 2011 because Nigerians felt he deserve to complete the mandate of his joint ticket with Yardaua.
Similarly, Buhari became the president simply because of alliance between ACN and CPC and APC agreed to concede the president to CPC group, in these circumstances, they didn't become president because it was zoned to their region.

Again, your people need to play politics the way it should be done. Yoruba was in the opposition for a longer time but they never blame Igbo or SS for it. Let your people work together with other southern brothers, until then their chances would be better, as it is a push for additional 1 state for SE would bring more political gain than wishing to be gifted presidency

2 Likes

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Kingozymandias(m): 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ttalk:

Seriously I must sympathize with genuine Igbo like you that air your view without hate.

How I wish you can place yourself in the position of an Ogoni man, a Bini person or an Itshekiri who equally deserve it but have not gotten.

Sincerely, I believe the only time zoning has worked in Nigeria was when Obasanjo picked Late Yardaua to succeed him. Other presidents since 1999 have been child of circumstances.
Jonathan became president not because of zoning but because his principal died, he was voted for in 2011 because Nigerians felt he deserve to complete the mandate of his joint ticket with Yardaua.
Similarly, Buhari became the president simply because of alliance between ACN and CPC and APC agreed to concede the president to CPC group, in these circumstances, they didn't become president because it was zoned to their region.

Again, your people need to play politics the way it should be done. Yoruba was in the opposition for a longer time but they never blame Igbo or SS for it. Let your people work together with other southern brothers, until then their chances would be better, as it is a push for additional 1 state for SE would bring more political gain than wishing to be gifted presidency

Thank you for you well put together and information comment...

Enjoy the rest of your evening comrade.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Powersurge: 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
athaboi:
This is just simple!
For now, the PDP just need to win the election then go back to look at justice. Even if the parties decide to zone their tickets to south east let's say PDP gives peter obi and APC gives orji kalu, Orji will still win bcoz they are in power and North will definitely vote their party! But a situation where APC gives a southerner their ticket let's say tinubu and PDP gives Atiku then forget it...Atiku will win. So it's either PDP stakeholders in the south have patience or they try and see how it ends

Anybody dt give ticketto northerner is a gonner. Forget ur story.

1 Like

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by TheAviator: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Comrade it's is fair to say you have bested me with superior arguement and I ceeede on this occasion.

Seems we need to tell our desired leaders to come up and take position. Like I told one othe remember for long my tribe allowed chatallans and iliterates take the fore while we the more savvy and enlightened stayed in the rear, not anymore.
Thank you for this warm enlightening exchange I truly enjoyed it comrade...

At the end a better Nigeria for all ethnic groups is all we want..

Cheers and enjoy the rest of your evening as we say in Igbo , Daly nwannem (translates to thank you my brother)

Cheers

Thanks very much, you are welcome. I would really love to see Peter Obi fight for the PDP ticket. If he doesn't, I would feel very bad.

1 Like

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ArewaNorth: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
seunmsg:
Absolute nonsense. Jonathan won the election in 2011 so what’s he saying?

Is Tambuwal saying the north cannot vote for a southern PDP candidate despite having the presidency for 8 years? Why then should the south vote for a northern PDP candidate when they can’t do the same to us?

The greed of Northern PDP leaders is unbelievable. They must think southerners are stupid. They simply want to cheat the south of what truly belongs to the them and it’s left for southern PDP leaders to respond. Since APC is presenting a southern candidate, I see no reason why PDP should not do the same. In a battle of two southern candidates, I don’t see any reason why PDP should be scared.

Your analysis is based on emotion not reality. Just like u, North will vote for Northerner than someone outside the region. Any candidate of PDP from the South will lose before 12pm and also any candidate beside Atiku from the North can't win against APC.
I wish PDP will choose Southern candidate and see the reality.
Politics is a game of number, the ticket of PDP should be open to everyone.
There was no true democracy between 2003-2011.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Sweeetheart(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
Niwdog:
your people did it in 2015
So what's wrong in doing it
You cried that you were being marginalized under goodluck so you created APC but went ahead and fielded a northerner so you can get the power. Southeast will also play the game so chilax and drink your ewedu

Do it how dummy? It was the turn of the North, if Gej had allowed stick to his promise of 2011 PDP will still be in power by now and a fresh party have to adopt North grievance to get victory and they succeeded, that's called political strategy, so on what ground should North still rule again when igbo can also contest for it as southwest is contesting for it coward.

Very soon you dummies will say igbo are brave, people that obey sit at home from bunch of illiterate cannot even claim to be brave, a slave will always be a slave
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by aribisala0(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Your analysis is based on emotion not reality. Just like u, North will vote for Northerner than someone outside the region. Any candidate of PDP from the South will lose before 12pm and also any candidate beside Atiku from the North can't win against APC.
I wish PDP will choose Southern candidate and see the reality.
Politics is a game of number, the ticket of PDP should be open to everyone.
There was no true democracy between 2003-2011.

Not sure what you mean by game of Number"
To win the presidency in Nigeria you must win at least 25% of the votes in 24 states.
There are only 19 states in the North and no Northern politician from the time of Balewa TILL DATE has swept Northern votes

In 2011 Jonathan won 7 states

Adamawa
Kwara
Kogi
Taraba
Benue
Nasarawa
Plateau
So the idea of ONE NORTH is wrong

In 1979 we had 19 states it was required to get 25% in 13 states

Shagari got this in 7 out of 10 Northern states he did not get this in Kano (Kano/Jigawa) or Kaduna(Katsina/Kaduna) which were won by Aminu Kano
He got 5 states in the south hence the controversy around his victory

So your analysis is not based on reality.

Buhari with his unprecedented following could not win without southern support. NO ONE CAN
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by deeLima86(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
ityP:

PDP is not APC. According to the zoning law of PDP, na northerner we suppose present now. But the northerners in the party are not greedy. They just ask that the ticket be left open. Pretty magnanimous in my opinion

You have made a valid point but that Tambuwal utterances is a total understatement. With the necessary support any region can produce a president in Nigeria. After given the north 8yrs, it is right to demand power change in the country unless the pdp so called law supersede the Nigerian people in entirety.

1 Like

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
deeLima86:

You have made a valid point but that Tambuwal utterances is a total understatement. With the necessary support any region can produce a president in Nigeria. After given the north 8yrs, it is right to demand power change in the country unless the pdp so called law supersede the Nigerian people in entirety.

Tambuwal has denied making such utterances. Probably the work of mischief makers.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nchenches:

Foxes like you want us to start the history of Nigeria's political leadership from 1999.

All these long turanci. I like how you haven't tried to argue my points. You know it's valid.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
aribisala0:
Shows you do not understand the constitution

You do not win by simple majority , in my experience nearly 100% of Nigerian university graduates hold this erroneous belief . All states are equal just like you can only get 3 points from a football game even if you win 9 -0

To win you must get 25% of votes cast in 24 states. Simple majority only comes into it where the first round is undecisive and there would be a rerun between the first two candidates then simple majority comes into it.

Otherwise the dominant principle is SPREAD which indicates acceptance across many states so if one candidate gets 25% in 24 states it is possible that he does not have simple majority but he will win the election if no other candidate gets 25% in 24 states so it s theoretically possible to get majority if you win 95% in Kano , Lagos, Katsina , Kaduna and maybe 7 other states but a guy with more states and fewer votes could become president . The so called "popular vote" conundrum.

A number of US presidents have emerged that did not win the popular vote. e.g Trump
Our system is a bit different but that just shows that theoretically you can win presidency without winning majority. What is important is to be on ground everywhere and even if you lose a state make sure you get 25%
The sad thing is when such a situation occurs in future everyone will start we no go gree because they have not studied the law.

Long talks. Atiku or any northerner has a higher chance of getting 25% in 24 states than any Southerner in PDP. It's a simple matter. PDP will be stupid to give a SS or SE somebody the ticket
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osilama1:
we ll be here to remind you guys... Perhaps u don't know that APC isn't APGA... If atiku can't get considerable votes in North Central he ll lose cos he won't get North East and West it's APC strong hold with osinbajo or tinubu they ll beat Atiku there except taraba and adamawa Atiku can win easily but continue yarning opata sha

Lol. All these long talks. Point is, only Atiku or a northerner in PDP can attempt to compete against any Southerner in APC at this time. PDP would be making a huge mistake of fielding a southerner for the elections. If they do, automatic failure awaits them. We wait to see what decisions they'll take
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by aribisala0(m): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
ityP:

Long talks. Atiku or any northerner has a higher chance of getting 25% in 24 states than any Southerner in PDP. It's a simple matter. PDP will be stupid to give a SS or SE somebody the ticket
Well that is something we will have to wait and see just like who will win the World Cup in Qatar. That is nothing more than your own belief
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Xman12345goat: 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Northerners are greedy people
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Osilama1: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
ityP:

Lol. All these long talks. Point is, only Atiku or a northerner in PDP can attempt to compete against any Southerner in APC at this time. PDP would be making a huge mistake of fielding a southerner for the elections. If they do, automatic failure awaits them. We wait to see what decisions they'll take
PDP can field whoever they want it's their headache but pple should stop assuming a Northerner or Atiku as PDP candidate is a huge advantage... APC is still very formidable in North East, West, parts of South West and North Central... By d way self by zoning it's d north that should produce candidate for PDP while for APC it's the south...

1 Like

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osilama1:
PDP can field whoever they want it's their headache but pple should stop assuming a Northerner or Atiku as PDP candidate is a huge advantage... APC is still very formidable in North East, West, parts of South West and North Central... By d way self by zoning it's d north that should produce candidate for PDP while for APC it's the south...

Oga, it's not assumption. It's reality. A northerner in PDP is huge advantage compared to a southerner. Let's not argue this thing too much. A south eastern is a waste of time really. A South south person will only pull votes from SS and maybe from the 5% SE. He will not even challenge those states that APC are "formidable" in. A northerner will still get the votes of SE, SS and a chunk from those APC states. PDP should be sensible
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Osilama1: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
ityP:

Oga, it's not assumption. It's reality. A northerner in PDP is huge advantage compared to a southerner. Let's not argue this thing too much. A south eastern is a waste of time really. A South south person will only pull votes from SS and maybe from the 5% SE. He will not even challenge those states that APC are "formidable" in. A northerner will still get the votes of SE, SS and a chunk from those APC states. PDP should be sensible
Naso Ina deceive atiku till he lost 2019... So u think APC won't get votes even in South South next year no far Ina go still de cry of rigging when APC finally win... U assume PDP ll win Kano with ganduje in power u are joking no need conversing with u... A good popular candidate can win elections for either APC or PDP... So forget these permutations u are writing... The two popular candidate now are tinubu and Atiku with tinubu having the edge...
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ityP(m): 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osilama1:
Naso Ina deceive atiku till he lost 2019... So u think APC won't get votes even in South South next year no far Ina go still de cry of rigging when APC finally win... U assume PDP ll win Kano with ganduje in power u are joking no need conversing with u

You're just blabbing since. No one says APC is going to win or not. The point is clear. If PDP field a southerner, it will be easy victory for APC. If they field a northerner, it will be hotly contested. I don tire to dey talk abeg
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by ArewaNorth: 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
aribisala0:

Not sure what you mean by game of Number"
To win the presidency in Nigeria you must win at least 25% of the votes in 24 states.
There are only 19 states in the North and no Northern politician from the time of Balewa TILL DATE has swept Northern votes

In 2011 Jonathan won 7 states

Adamawa
Kwara
Kogi
Taraba
Benue
Nasarawa
Plateau
So the idea of ONE NORTH is wrong

In 1979 we had 19 states it was required to get 25% in 13 states

Shagari got this in 7 out of 10 Northern states he did not get this in Kano (Kano/Jigawa) or Kaduna(Katsina/Kaduna) which were won by Aminu Kano
He got 5 states in the south hence the controversy around his victory

So your analysis is not based on reality.

Buhari with his unprecedented following could not win without southern support. NO ONE CAN

Forget that nonsense votes of 2011 when results used to be published in the mid of elections.
What matters much when it comes to deciding who get ticket during primary elections is what I was talking abt not the decision made for u by few people ahead of election which u have no choice than to accept. Therefore, in this case north get the nod and the number.

1 Like

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Ofachiedo: 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wait oooo is PDP ready to waste their money to contest against APC? Haba someone should advice them better na. If they think endsars or the insecurity is what they want to use to campaign against APC they should better think twice cos we are wiser than they think.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Phaantom22: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Mumu man, south south cannot win president but they can fund the entire nation.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Coolgent(m): 11:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
Bitter truth!
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Ekpeitit(m): 11:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
I think he meant South East because South South has already won the presidency and can win it again. The only region that will never win the presidency is the South East.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Ekpeitit(m): 11:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Kingozymandias:
It's not the turn of the Southsouth, it's the turn of the southeast.
The silence of the Southeast should worry everyone .. rightfully it's our turn to elad this great nation.. we are not more bedeviled with problems than any other tribe yet we are being denied our rightful shot at the fixing this nation .
Some people have asked me have we fixed the southeast ? I laugh because other regions have ruled yet they are still battling myriad problems so why are my people being denied our turn?

Salty suddenly zoning that has been used by every region to secure the slot has been jettisoned now it's the turn of my people and it Futher makes us feel disenfranchised and and marginalized.

Then tomorrow you turn around and wonder why sesssionists had such a willing ear in the people to listen?

You can't deny a people their rights and make them feel less and expect them to willingly want to stay in Nigeria .. that is wrong and tantamount to bullying.

Who in his or her right conscience can say it's not the turn of the Igbos ? Please who can in good honest faith say this ?

Why push a people so hard to the point just telling yourself they can do nothing ? Really ? A nation can never be built by brute force but by inter Corporations and unity. Let me tell you my fellow NIGERIANS , IPOB didn't have up to 10% of the Igbo people support forget those iliterate touts and their social media propaganda. But to deny my people our right this time around for whatever reason is telling the remaining 90% of us who rejected ipob that maybe just maybe those touts have a point.

Yes power isn't given ,yes I agree but as ever other region had it zoned to them and a consensus picked so should it be done for the Southeast. To deny us our right is to do what Chinese is doing to Taiwan, to do what Israel doing to Palestine, to do what ImUAE is doing to shites..

Forget whatever we tell ourselves, each and every one of you my fellow country men and women know it's the turn of my people. I would have taught the great Asiwaju a defender of justice would have picked an Igbo man as his chosen candidate, that would have sent the message that he recodnizes that's it's rightfully our turn and that he stands for justice.

Anyways it's his right to run for office but like I said, to deny us is going to send a very strong message to every single Igbo man, woman ,boy and girl child that we are not recodnized and wanted in this country and I am afraid that would have a very dire repercussions in inter ethnic relations . I don't think buhari is in support of it not being an Igbo person infact I am shocked to admit from his a tions one can deduce he feels rightly it should be an Igbo person..

Alas time will tell

Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Ekpeitit(m): 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
You want to rule the zoo?
You think other members of the zoo will vote for a Biafran?
See as you and your people mumu?
After all the insults you're now begging to rule the same zoo you insulted,go and ask your father and other Biafrans to vote for you.
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Coolgent(m): 11:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
REJOINDER

Tambuwal Never Said Any Region Can’t Win Presidency, Advised PDP On Choice Of Candidate

The attention of Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has been drawn to a mischievious headline and story by a newspaper, that said a certain region of the country cannot win the Presidency.

Both the headline and what follows are a distortion, misrepresentation and mis-presentation of the facts as was stated by him.

There were no innuendo or ‘veiled’ reference by Gov. Tambuwal to any statement made or credited to the South-south Governors during his reunion meeting with former states and federal legislators at the Fraiser Suites in Abuja today.

He didn’t say the PDP or his colleagues, the South-south Governors or any aspirant from the region cannot win PDP Presidency.

The report is simply a malicious and should be disregarded as fallacious, divisive and outright blackmail.

Muhammad Bello

Special Adviser Media and Publicity to the Governor

March 22, 2022

Sokoto
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by FamTomx2(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
[quote author= post

Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life like Ndigbo cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.
Hypocritical mofos and cannibals everywhere.
Wailers are hypocrites, as we've always said here.

They are still waiting for dem Atiku to declare, Dem criminals IPOB.
cheesy grin wink

[/quote]

Lalaticlala, mynd44, Dominique.
Rule 2
Re: Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal by Sleekfingers: 4:07am On Mar 23, 2022
joelbooks:
But Jonathan won in 2011

Jonathan won in 2011, because of the support from the southwest . Why did jonathan lost in 2015?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abba Aji Kalli Welcome US Professors To His Home In Borno / "Customs Subjecting Igbo Travellers To Hardship" – Peter Obi / Reuben Abati: The Return Of MMM, Tales From Sambisa And The Boy Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.