Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages (68666 Views)

Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / List Of Gotv Channels In Nigeria / Checkout The Complete List Of Gotv Max Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Asquare84(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
TSTV all the way
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by KIDfurniture(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
My brother , Nigerians are used to suffering and smiling . May this punishment never end oh. Since we can’t use our brains . I feel sad seeing youth praising a well known criminal , wanted in America for drug related matters.. I feel sorry for Nigerians.

Angelfrost:

No need for prayers.... The punishments have already gone round!

Pathetically, they are used to punishments, especially self inflicted ones.

They will all vote in another crook come 2023, who will continue from where the current one stops!
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by nedekid: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Do we have a choice?
We go still subscribe

My happiness is that those poor and hungry Tinubu supporters may not be able to sub again due to brokeness grin
No ohh, when theu show their ID cards ie bmc or apc, multichoice will give them 50% discount.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Mitsurugi(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Sein Mynd44 Justwise Dominique.
Rule 2

Go and sit down kiddo! angry
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
DSTV and GOTV will make sense to me if their new pricing policy is Pay As You Watch strategy. sad
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by obinoral1179(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Do we have a choice?
We go still subscribe

My happiness is that those poor and hungry Tinubu supporters may not be able to sub again due to brokeness grin
pathetic, deranged and lowlife wannabe..... You where praising Buhari but abusing Tinubu. Is BAT the president or when last did he hold any political position last...

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Eastcaostboy: 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Do we have a choice?
We go still subscribe

watch it online.

Got and DSTV is boring anyways.

I no longer need their services
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Joseph08(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
E remain Olosho dem to increase their prices for Nigeria cos everything don add money finish...

Buhari is really working I can see.

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by adefitim(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Our government is failing us big time oh wait! Do we even have a government?
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by francisbarrack(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:
My condolences for any one on dstv package

You just dey troway your money

I finally summoned the courage to subscribe for TSTV and I can tell you categorically that I am enjoying every bit of it

Since I stopped subscribing dstv na so them don dey use call and text disturb my life

You get to watch very recent movies, documentaries, lovely educative children channels, news and sport channels

Since I subscribe in January I still dey on promo. I never pay shi shi till now

How much is it
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by PrinceOfLagos: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
obinoral1179:
pathetic, deranged and lowlife wannabe..... You where praising Buhari but abusing Tinubu. Is BAT the president or when last did he hold any political position last...
Gbenu'e soun jare
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Forumobserver12(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
alsudan:
Even if Multichoice double the price of their packages like other commodities, they won’t be out of line.

Everybody must collect from the dullard.

I dey tell you, Multichioce is even considerate, considering the high cost of doing business in Nigeria currently, the naira is very weak, No electricity and the diesel price has doubled over the past two months...

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Forumobserver12(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
chigoziri2403:
Watch as things unfold

There will be an uproar as Nigerians revolt against the hike

Multichoice will be invited to the house of representatives to explain

After the explanation, both parties go home happy with the EXPLANATION

nothing will happen
And Nigerians will continue to endure and murmur silently
Las las nothing go happen,

Do you expect the government to sanction them for running their business according to the economy reality of today?

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by akezn: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
This is what you get when you get a useless bundle of inconsistent fellows as leaders.
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by COMPAQ(m): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
DSTV and GOTV will make sense to me if their new pricing policy is Pay As You Watch strategy. sad

Not sure where you people keep getting this pay as you watch idea. I've checked dstv website in like 9 African countries and there is no such thing. In all the years people have been talking about pay as you watch, no one has been able to provide a link to a dstv website where it is offered.

Nigerians can keep something for mind as wishful thinking sha.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Omakraid(f): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
LaSenior:
cheesy.

[/b]If I get view center na to just go now and subscribe for 1year [b]

Subscribing to DStv or gotv na real scam ,a country with no stable power everything runs on gen

For 2months now light wey we get no fit power anything na only all this energy saving bulbs e dey power
At this moment any country is far better than Nigeria

With them it doesn't work like that ooo. I remember hubby Subscribing 1year Dec 2020 and I was like there's no worries till last December but along the line last year they increased tariff and cut our duration... We were just watching one day when the channels were removed one after the other. Hubby was so angry that he stopped Subscribing and we were using flash sometimes until he eventually resumed back to Subscribing
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
mad o

DSTV wey suppose be pay per view
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by kevoh(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
Make I go dust my Qsat decoder. I can't be throwing money away anymore for DsTV that I don't watch.
Abeg, anyone knows how I can get free to air kid friendly cartoons on Qsat?

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Stepanovs(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
post=111261197:
To close the first page of this thread.......
We will like to go back to the discussion we had 2 days ago with the below gentleman, a true Chelsea fan to the core!.

You made a good choice.

We still wonder after over 60 years of independence, we still have to depend on a fellow Africa country for cable/satellite.

There was a country!

The people who depend on them....depend on them for quality football matches.....especially EPL and UCL.....

A Nigerian company would struggle to bid more than the £520m pounds (3 year deal) DSTV has to view the EPL in all the subsaharan African countries (46 countries)....and if they did win the bid with a higher bid, they would have to convince people in 45 other African countries to abandon their DStv decorders for the new "kid on the block", which would probably last for 3 years and go extinct.......

SO YOU SEE THE DIFFICULTY IN THE BUSINESS

HItv, a wholly Nigerian company tried it in 2008, won a bid after outbidding DSTV......DSTV came with a bigger bid after 3 years and HItv went extinct "due to financial difficulties"

So until a Nigerian investor is willing to take this uncalculated business risk that would surely end in loss .....DSTV IS HERE TO STAY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by computersoft: 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:

I finally summoned the courage to subscribe for TSTV and I can tell you categorically that I am enjoying every bit of it

Since I stopped subscribing dstv na so them don dey use call and text disturb my life

You get to watch very recent movies, documentaries, lovely educative children channels, news and sport channels

Do u need to buy their mechine
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Benjosh123(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please , Kindly share the Process of purchasing and subscribing.
tuoyoojo:

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by obinoral1179(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Gbenu'e soun jare

If BAT was like all the past SE Governor you wouldn't be in Lagos today...... Since 1993 even your best Governor Peter Obi was making money during Tinubu regime...

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by udemzyudex(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
If not that our NASS both past and present are useless are we not suppose to do pay as you go on this platform?

Useless country.
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Nackzy: 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Idiots its only increament you know, you don't knw cutomers welfare
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by seborrhic: 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Cmanforall:

If there's stable Internet, this guys would rather be reducing their subscriptions

With high-speed Internet, livestreaming will take most of their customers
Is the internet data free?Of course not.
A live football match of just 90mins on HD will consume nothing less than 1Gig.Assuming HD is as cheap as 500/Gig on HD,that's at least ₦15k for football matches alone knowing some weekends alone one may need to watch 6-8 matches.This is just football and just for 90mins o!For internet that may not even be stable.
Despite how painful and regrettable the price increase is,no one should blame MultiChoice.It also remains far much cheaper,more convenient and viewer friendly than anything internet can offer.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Benjosh123(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Share Your Contact... Mine is 07060674810
PROPHETmichael:
This is rubbish

Contact me and you will never need DSTV in your life again.
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Skillsnigeria: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
It is well
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by wonder233: 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
These stockholm syndrome pathetic folks are the problem of this country
XXXXTENTACION:
Goodnews...
Buhari is doing well... cheesy
leodeking, , helinues and other renowned nairaland deadbody zombies are happy with this new development... cheesy
Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by Stepanovs(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
Saint1960:

Mehn e know easy for poor man for this country
Asin dey know even want there survival
Every thing just dey skyrocket

There are cheaper satellite TV operators than DSTV in Nigeria......the only major difference is the English Premier League and maybe the Uefa Champions League

What we should realise is that watching the EPL is not a need....it is an "unwanted want"......and that is what makes DSTV subscription crazy......you can live without watching that in your house....there are viewing centers....why you sub lower packages for your wife and kids....SIMPLE

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Increases Prices Of GOtv, DStv Packages by gevans(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
tuoyoojo:

Is TSTV still working? I am thinking of
subscribing my DStv like 2/3 months ahead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / BBNaija: Meet The 2019 Big Brother Naija Housemates / BBNaija : Mercy And Tacha Fight, Gets Physical (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.