Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:28 AM

Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters (317 Views)

Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by Raisinggodlysee: 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
So the other day, I saw a video of a girl, between ages 9-11. Actually, it was on the mom’s timeline. She was dancing to one of these popular crazy tunes. You would have to look at the video again before you would realize you were watching a girl dancing.
Unapologetically, I mistook her for a call girl who was displaying her ware to entice the next ‘buyer’. The video was filled with sultry dance moves that shouldn’t be expected from a little girl. More ashamed was I because her mom posted the video to garner likes. I guess that’s what matters most to this generation. Online validation, irrespective of whether it is morally right or wrong.
It is not civilization, neither is it the reality of the ongoing fight for female emancipation, It is morality gone to the dogs and our kids, girls especially are at the middle of this whole abracadabra we now call ‘freedom’

More than ever, we are now breeding girls who from tender age see their body as their ultimate and a meal ticket to whatever life they desire. Little wonder that girls at about 15 years already have at least two break-ups giving up their virginity as quick as candy. These girls didn’t grow up to become what they are, it often starts with a subtle message from the home, teaching a girl that her body is the bait.

How do Parents, mothers especially build a groundwork for what would come to been seen as decadence in the spirit of the girl child?

Provocative dressing

In a bid to make their daughters grow up so fast, mothers now dress them to look ‘sexy’ in bum shorts, show backs, cropped tops and many rags outfit marauding them on the street unashamedly making them vulnerable to men of little character.

Likewise, allowing kids to wear adult hairdos or haircuts make them feel grown-up too quickly hence they feel ready to do what adults do.

Applauding sexual Dance

Dancing moves for the girl-child should be age-appropriate and sexual and vulgar moves should be shunned and discouraged. As it encourages the girl to begin to pay so much attention to her body and its attractiveness to the opposite sex.

Exposure to Sexual Content

Most of us would remember how our parents shielded us from sexual contents readily available on media and sometimes on the streets. you will agree with me that that gave us an edge of protection for a long time at least through our childhood stage. Even though we eventually saw them we, could handle it because we already advanced in age. But it is not so today. You will be amaze at how parents comfortably watch sex-profane musical videos and movies with the kids robbing them off their childhood innocence.

Emphasizing Looks Rather than on Values

There is this pop culture on a rampage, teaching young ones that if they get the right body image then they are okay with every other thing even if they have malodorous character. This teaching has found its way to the family. Parents now spend resources uplifting their children’s image by buying expensive clothes and pricey gadgets just so the kids could put up with an image. Emphasizing what people think of their image rather than upholding values such as honesty, chastity empathy and hard work

Not creating Boundaries

Walking naked or bathing with your kids does not equal bonding, it simply means teaching them that it’s okay for others to see you naked. I remember getting some funny advice some time ago. I had just got new towers so this person saw me with them. She asked why I needed new towels, I said I wanted a bigger one to cover me up properly when I leave the bathroom. She snapped ‘why? You don’t need to cover up why not just walk to the bedroom?' I said my boys are getting bigger. She responded, saying it doesn’t matter after all they are my kids.
Really? What happens to teaching kids boundaries and respect first for their bodies and then for others?
Then I began to wonder how many kids have distorted images of seeing their parents walk naked at home? it doesn’t matter if they are the same sex, boundaries should be instilled in a child from home.

Uncouth Compliments

Telling your daughter or allowing others to tell them words such as ‘you look attractive ‘ or ‘you look sexy’ or ‘takeaway’ ‘your skin is attractive’ all sound outlandish for a young girl and sexual.

These compliments make them begin to think their body must mean a lot to people, especially to the opposite sex.

Compliments such as 'you look like a princess', 'your hair is well made', 'your dress is fine'. These compliments take attention to the feature being praised and not the body.

Most girls will likely look up to their mothers and other female adults around the home for dressing tips. So if a mother or a significant female adult dresses provocatively, revealing more than they are concealing, then the possibility of the young girl dressing in such a manner is high. Hence, mothers and other female adults around the home should endeavour to model the right dressing culture in the girl-child, teaching her that she is first of all a human and not a sexual object that men should droll after.

Teach her that her self-respect begins with how she sees herself and invariably how others will come to see her – a human and not a sex-satisfier.

Don’t be in a rush to bring your girls to adulthood, childhood is too short to rush through, let them play their age, be themselves and not be mindful of their body image. This faux about body image drives a lot of young girls into doing the unspeakable all in an effort to remain sexy even as a youngster.

At this stage, I enjoin fathers to step up in raising their daughters protecting them, teaching them morals and values teaching them to respect their bodies and other people’s.
https://raisinggodlyseeds.com/?p=142

2 Likes

Re: Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by LordIsaac(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Very apt!
Re: Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by Ahmback(m): 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Can I post this on facebook? bikonu
Re: Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by ogub(m): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
This are the kind of post I like reading cause it makes me believe we still have sane minds in our society, Kudos.
Re: Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by Raisinggodlysee: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ahmback:
Can I post this on facebook? bikonu

Yes, please but do add my links

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Sexualizing Your Daughters by Ahmback(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
Raisinggodlysee:

Yes, please but do add my links
SURE

(1) (Reply)

Life At Stake.drop An Advice / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here !!! / Strictly Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.