Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History (655 Views)

Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? / Any One Here Interested In Discussing Yoruba Deities? / Why Are Delta State People So Horrible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by ChebeNdigboCalm: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2022
I have looked through this forum and have noticed. If there is a thread on Igbo history some Yoruba will come to denigrate. If there is one on Yoruba, some Igbo will come to denigrate. This is one example. I have noticed this also between Yoruba with bini and Igbo with Fulani(and vice versa). Or you’d have one person come and purposefully instigate these conflicts by masquerading as an ethnicity they are not.

It is simple to end this problem. If someone from another ethnicity denigrates yours, reprimand him rather than then denigrating their own ethnic group and report the comment. Also seek truth. Let’s be honest, sometimes we have sentiment that causes us to be either overly skeptical or overly gullible.

Many Thanks
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by godofuck231: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
History is written in blood , like it or not , it's the truth and its told with emotions ,war and conflicts has always been a part of man and history
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by ChebeNdigboCalm: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
godofuck231:
History is written in blood , like it or not , it's the truth and its told with emotions ,war and conflicts has always been a part of man and history

Not like in nairaland. Of cause emotions are involved. But it doesn’t justify the attitude here. I can tell the difference. As in straight up unneeded argument seeking.
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by godofuck231: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Not like in nairaland. Of cause emotions are involved. But it doesn’t justify the attitude here. I can tell the difference. As in straight up unneeded argument seeking.
lol you know say nigerian de derail like buhari replying to a simple question, our discussion patterns are strictly personalized and everyone will try to vent on one or two issues
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by Hilary0309: 2:10am On Mar 23, 2022
Aswr
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by LordIsaac(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2022
You are going too far. Just present a first-class feat from the North and see how the South would denigrate such an achievement.
Why: Nigeria is a union built on hypocrisy and lies.
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by ChebeNdigboCalm: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordIsaac:
You are going too far. Just present a first-class feat from the North and see how the South would denigrate such an achievement.
Why: Nigeria is a union built on hypocrisy and lies.

It’s sad but true. Indeed Nigeria is a Union build on hypocrisy and lies. But with the rules of this forum I think that subject is banned or something. Which is honestly a wrong move.
Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by Zdalmano: 1:48am On Mar 29, 2022
Try to study history like von Ranke, one of the greatest historians of all time. Most people today don't respect history they just use it for propaganda reasons or to win a debate. History is the greatest story ever told and we should all appreciate it.

Re: Why Are People So Uncivil When Discussing History by Zdalmano: 1:50am On Mar 29, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

But with the rules of this forum I think that subject is banned or something. Which is honestly a wrong move.

I know. How could a Nigerian web fourm ban discussion of the largest issue in all of Nigerian history? It's a bad sign of things to come. Things that are suppressed often come back in a more extreme form...

(1) (Reply)

The Yoruba Bullroarer Deity: "Orò" / Humanitarian / Househelp Urgently Needed In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.