Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father (2569 Views)

Oba Of Ogbaland Nnam Chukwumela Dies At 80 / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by MyopicMods: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wike urges new Oba of Ogbaland to emulate his late father

Oba gha to kpere. Ise.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has appealed to the new Oba of Ogbaland His Eminence, Nwachukwu Obuoha Nnam-Obi, III, to follow the footsteps of his predecessor and late father.

The governor, who spoke when the Ogba traditional council and stakeholders formally introduced their new monarch to him in Government House at the weekend recalled that the late Oba consulted with government regularly, carried his traditional office with dignity and was respected across the country.

Wike also asked him to be a man of peace, exude intelligence like his late father and ensure the peaceful coexistence of Ogba people.

He said: “I hope you will continue that way. Your business is the interest of your people and make sure that your communities are in peace.”

by TaboolaSponsored LinksYou May Like
Ketu Adie Owe: Connect With Singles In Your City. Start Today for Free
Kismia
Do you speak English? Work for a USA company, Live in Nigeria
Online Jobs in the US
The governor directed the State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Prof. Zacchaus Adangor and the Commissioner for Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, Soni Ejekwu to issue certificate of recognition and staff of office to the new Oba as a first-class traditional ruler.

Wike warned communities across the state to stop disrupting the operations of oil companies within their domains.

He said: “It is not when you go and blowup oil pipelines or gas pipelines that you get what you want to get. No community can do it alone.

“There is nothing wrong with you liaising with government to make sure companies fulfil their promises and whatever is provided in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). You need government to give you support.

“Because if you recongnise the government, the first thing you will do is to let government know that these are your grievances against the companies operating in your domain.

“It shouldn’t be to just go and take the action and say government will come. I will not come. But you get the support if you don’t take the laws in your hands.”

Expressing the gratitude of the Ogba people, the Oba of Ogbaland, Nwachukwu Nnam- Obi III thanked Wike for the recognition he accorded his throne.

The Oba thanked Wike for the various developmental projects executed in Ogbaland and for thr restoration of peace particularly in Omoku.

He said: “We want to thank you for the peace we enjoy in our area. We will recall that a while ago it was turbulent, it was difficult for people to lie down and sleep. But today, peace has returned and the very essence of the place has returned. We are not unmindful of the effort you made, the architecture you put in place. Indeed, we don’t know how to say thank you properly.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-urges-new-oba-to-emulate-late-father/

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Ekwuite82: 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
"Oba Nwachukwu Nnam Obuoha-Obi" confused set of people.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Congratulations to his Eminence the Oba of Ogba.

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wike how is ur fighting with Obasaki..you people are silent this day,we are bit enjoying it
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ogba people are the most confused set of people in the world.

I always engage them in arguments when I was in Omoku.

They speak Igbo, bear Igbo names but still they are not Igbos. They are Ogba.

Egbema people own dey worse. When the narrative favours them, they are Egbema Imo state. When it does not favour them, they are Egbema Rivers state.

Bunch of confused people

6 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Egbema people own dey worse. When the narrative favours them, they are Egbema Imo state. When it does not favour them, they are Egbema Rivers state.

Bunch of confused people

Ogba people are not igbos and they don't bear Igbo names.

They are descendants of Benin empire who migrated to their present location.

Moreover they don't hear or speak Igbo.

Stop the fallacy already.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osagyefo98:

I know you will quote me. Even their "oba" bears Igbo names

Nwachukwu Obuoha Nnam- Obi is an Igbo name

6 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by aribisala0(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

No it is not Eboes use the names does not mean they own them

It is just like arguing that Ishmael Mikhail Ibrahim are Arab names or Hebrew names
They are neighbours with shared commonalities

3 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Parachoko: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Bunch of confused people
Cant you guys just let people choose who they wanna be?

Are you an English man for writing in English Language? There are Christians with Arab names in Northern Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
aribisala0:
No it is not

Then what is it?
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by aribisala0(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Then what is it?
They are jointly owned names no one owns them just like Michael and Abraham and Mariam and Ishmail and Saul and Adam
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Parachoko:
Cant you guys just let people choose who they wanna be?

Are you an English man for writing in English Language? There are Christians with Arab names in Northern Nigeria.

Dont quote me if you dont have anything sensible to say. Good bye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
aribisala0:
They are jointly owned names no one owns them just like Michael and Abraham and Mariam and Ishmail and Saul and Adam

Lol. You have lost the argument. You no get point

3 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Parachoko: 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Dont quote me if you dont have anything sensible to say. Good bye
The joke is on you.

There are Ijaws that speak and dress like Yorubas in Ondo state. I've never seen Yorubas wailing about this.

Grow up and stop been a nuisance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
Parachoko:
The joke is on you.

There are Ijaws that speak and dress like Yorubas in Ondo state. I've never seen Yorubas wailing about this.

Grow up and stop been a nuisance.

Nwachukwu Obuoha nnam-obi is an Igbo name. Goodbye

2 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Esama: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
What is wrong with you confused for what ogba people are from great Benin kingdom.
clockwisereport:

Bunch of confused people

3 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Esama:
What is wrong with you confused for what ogba people are from great Benin kingdom.

They couldn't even bear Benin names. There must be special about Ndi Igbo that they adopted their names and somehow forgot their great Benin names and language.

Ndi uchu

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by gidgiddy: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ekwuite82:
"Oba Nwachukwu Nnam Obuoha-Obi" confused set of people.

I don't know how someone with the name "Nwachukwu Nnam Obuoha Obi" can claim to be Bini?

The name is as Igbo as it gets

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

You are not making sense.

How did you arrive that the name is Igbo and who told you it was Igbo names.

Your fallacy is getting you overtly desperate over what the people decides to address themselves.

Quit before you bp goes further high.

Ogba people are Benin descendants.

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osagyefo98:

You are not making sense.

How did you arrive that the name is Igbo and who told you it was Igbo names.

Your fallacy is getting you overtly desperate over what the people decides to address themselves.

Quit before you bp goes further high.

Ogba people are Benin descendants.

Lol. You no get point.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by seunmsg(m): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
We only know the Ogba in the Ikeja axis of Lagos. Any other ogba is a counterfeit.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by duro4chang(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
gidgiddy:

I don't know how someone with the name "Nwachukwu Nnam Obuoha Obi" can claim to be Bini?

The name is as Igbo as it gets
We bear english names now! Are we english? Some us bear arabic names. Are we arabs?
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by gidgiddy: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2022
duro4chang:
We bear english names now! Are we english? Some us bear arabic names. Are we arabs?

Yes we can all borrow names. However, when a king has an Igbo name and surname, but claims to be Bini, the question is how did this happen?

Ogba land is not so far from Bini. Why did the kings ancestors drop their Bini surnames to answer Igbo surnames?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Lol. You no get point.

Mr your health will fail you

Ogba aren't Igbo. Stop trying to figure dead logic to them.

Maybe those that bear Arab and English names even their kings are now Arabs and English.

You need peace before you break.
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by RareDiamond: 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
He is tired of pretending to be from Anambra State.
This is a clear example that the persons pretending to be from Anambra State but shamelessly attempting to create imaginary hostility among Igbo States are not Igbos.

clockwisereport:

Na your own health go fail you, idiot.

Na you wey no need sleep, wizard.

You think everybody be your mate because all of us dey nairaland. Stupid boy

4 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Sergio101(m): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nwachukwu Obuoha Nnam-Obi.......... Long live ọbá.

Ịga achị nke ọma na ozuzu Eke.

N'ozuzu orie

N'ozuzu ǹkwọ
N'ozuzu Afọr

Iseeee!!!!!!!!

For the mumus saying trash in this thread........any ọgba person can understand what I just wrote but aribisala0 and his fellow nitwit osagyefo98 will not get it........so I don't know why they are poke nosing here.

I simply don't know.

Outta here!!!

6 Likes

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Sergio101(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osagyefo98:

May I be excused to laugh out loud here??

Rubbish and ingredients.
Translate nwachukwu for me.

Translate obioha for me.
Mr man if don't know what to say just shut it.

Why I don't even get perturbed in some those South southerners denying Thier brothers is because......to them "it's all politics"......to maintain just wise... So I give no damn.
In critical situation, we gonna really know their stand
Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Sergio101(m): 10:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
aribisala0:
No it is not Eboes use the names does not mean they own them

It is just like arguing that Ishmael Mikhail Ibrahim are Arab names or Hebrew names
They are neighbours with shared commonalities

Yolloba man...... your over caring narratives on eastern affairs is becoming worrisome.

Maybe we need to all go back to the chart and know the actual thing that marks a tribe

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by clockwisereport: 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
gidgiddy:

Yes we can all borrow names. However, when a king has an Igbo name and surname, but claims to be Bini, the question is how did this happen?

Ogba land is not so far from Bini. Why did the kings ancestors drop their Bini surnames to answer Igbo surnames?

You dey mind that fool. I know Ogba inside out. There was a time I used to ply Ahoada to Omoku everyday. I know that place like the back of my palm. On my first day in Akabuka, I understood everything their women were discussing. They were simply speaking igbo.

Same in Ogbogu.

They call yam iji
Fowl is nnunu
They also use igbo market days

They greet kando. You reply with Eze nwaanyi or Okorobia depending on whether the person that greeted is female or male.

I also speak a little of their dialect

That fool is telling me that Ogba people are not Igbos. He also asked he how i knew those names are Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Wike Urges New Oba Of Ogbaland To Emulate His Late Father by Idiko1: 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
Osagyefo98:

I tried to make intellectual sense out of the colored. The dude's name is Igbo and his title is Igbo yet he neither speaks nor hear Igbo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E Ba Oloye Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo Soro.o To Geeee. / Traditional Uses Of Noni / Guys Why Are U Keeping Distance From The Albinos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.