Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) (8947 Views)

What Peter Obi Really Said About Tinubu "Rest" (video) / What Tambuwal Told Ayu, Saraki, Bala Mohammed Before Stepping Down For Atiku / 2023 Elections: What Atiku Abubakar Actually Said About Zoning And Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by politicoNG: 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5XXJJnRAw

The Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal says the Peoples Democratic Party should give its presidential ticket to a candidate that can win the election, not minding what part of the country the candidate comes from.

“I’m appealing to my party that we should be talking about how to win the election. Not just not zoning of where the President is coming from,” Mr Tambuwal said.

He added that “The President can come from wherever provided he has the capacity and competence to fix Nigeria of the moment. The Nigeria of 1998 is different from the Nigeria of 2023.”

Mr Tambuwal made this statement in an interview with Channels TV on Tuesday, citing how the All Progressives Congress won the 2015 election by strategically picking President Muhammadu Buhari as its candidate.

“As I said before, APC in 2015, deliberately out of strategy sort out President Muhammadu Buhari from Katsina state. Meanwhile, the last president from the Northern part of Nigeria was Umaru Musa Yar’Adua from the same Katsina State.

“Because they believe they can win the election with him. It is now the APC is talking about zoning. When they were looking for Presidency and power, they didn’t talk about zoning. They got someone they believe could check the box at that moment and deliver,” Mr Tambuwal said.

The governor’s comment comes amid agitation for the PDP to zone its presidential ticket to the south.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/forget-zoning-give-ticket-to-who-can-win-tambuwal-tells-pdp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

7 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by politicoNG: 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Is he correct?

5 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Jostoman: 6:40am On Mar 23, 2022
It was those APC ZOMBIE that try to change tambuwa statement but we know APC are so despirate now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by mcmbonu: 6:51am On Mar 23, 2022
By the way
I'm start Dropshipping WhatsApp community on the thing I have learnt so far doing Dropshipping in Nigeria!

I will be sharing my strategies that I am currently using to do Dropshipping the Nigerian way.

If you are struggling to earn something online.
Then, try Dropshipping.

Join my WhatsApp Class >>>>>

A free Class on My Dropshipping Journey From Zero to $10,000 monthly
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
One question though, is Katsina not in the North? That said, is PDP stating they can't find a reputable candidate from the South that can win the election?

Those supporting Tambuwal are indirectly supporting the North and endorsing them again as superior which was what Ojukwu fought against.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by tiswell(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
north really has Nigerian politics first class

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by kennosklint(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
we hear but the north should forget about presidency for now

17 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
I'll definitely try beans for this piece of information
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Oysters(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Translation; "forget this bullshit 4 year tenure nonsense. The zoning na wash. We should instead restructure the nation and allow the various regions govern themselves. Cus if we continue like this another Buhari dey our not too distant future."

That's what he said ... really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by cvinbaski(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
If na like that make them

Play ATIKU FT WIKE

for me asap

Check my freestyle on IG @cvin.baski e sweet pass Abuja girls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by 22o62021: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
I support his motion
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Cyntie55(f): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
We need someone who can put an end to this hardship in Nigeria and also take Nigeria to a greater heights.

Tinubu isn't the preferred candidate we need at the moment, we need someone physically fit.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by konezy1(m): 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Noted
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by wwwihy: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fulani slaves

Your food Don land o

It is liturn of atikulators

South South has Spoken
South West has Spoken

South East ..... as usual....the cowardice

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by oilykid(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's all about politics. The only way APC will retain power is to hand it to South South candidate. This would make them win votes from SS/SE and even SW (they wouldn't have any practical option). The only moral place to cede the ticket is SE but this is politics, the party is not strong there. SW has no moral right to ask for presidency now but they have positioned themselves well for the ticket. The truth is that no single region can win presidency. Voting blocks in Nigeria remains North/SE-SS/SW. Any of the two combined would defeat the third.
The SW media wing is actually pushing Igbos to demand for presidency from PDP and Igbos shouldn't fall for this. Reason is this, apart from the bad blood caused by IPOB, APC is the incumbent party. Why would APC Kaduna leave APC candidate to vote for PDP SE candidate. A SW presidency means a longer wait for SE (16years).

The political move SE can make now is to join forces with Northern PDP and win 2023. Build bridges and position themselves for 2031. Be ready to get jabs on nairaland from SW that Igbos are only good for vice presidency or are Fulani slaves. Don't be moved by these. That's the only solution and Yorubas played it in 2015. A Yoruba candidate wouldn't have stood a chance against any SS/SE candidate of PDP in 2015 as the incumbent party would have deployed their machinery to crush them. They wouldn't also stand a chance if PDP is incumbent party in 2031 with an Igbo presidential candidate.

This is the truth an Igbo with his emotional part wouldn't want to hear or a cunny Yoruba wouldn't want people to know.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by bigdammyj: 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Noted

1 Like

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by IME1: 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
sad this period we have to be careful what we believe, hear and read.
Some politicians thrive on divide and rule.
Some use propaganda.
It could be Tambuwal today but who knows who it would be tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by FreeStuffsNG: 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
In 2015, the APC knew the PDP cheated the north by pushing GEJ to contest again instead of returning power to the north wink

Sincerely, that is not the case this time around.

HE Tambuwal is attempting to revise history and talking tongue in cheek except he did not deliberately forget to add that the north feels that the then President of Southern extraction was using the uncompleted 8 years of the north following the death of late HE Yardua.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

26 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Realists(m): 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hmm, PDP must zone their ticket to south east & let igbos campaign & win this election, with their Mkpurumiri voters & Ipobian e voters.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by nedubrazil111(m): 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Why wont you vote your mother's concubine...Didinrin oshi, werey alatenuje.

Na God go punish you and all your bastard hopeless ancestors join

2 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by jojo1415: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's now the turn of South to prod the next president they r now saying that we should forget zoning and be strategic....North and double standard,its high time southern politicians should get sense.......nonsense cry

5 Likes

Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Laggafin: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
This 2023 elections will give every dull Nigerian sense
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Sarsaproko: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Wike won't understand..Na giragira him sabi. If Wike contest for president, him no go fit win nau.
Re: Forget Zoning, Be Strategic: What Tambuwal Really Said About Zoning (video) by Skillsnigeria: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose, APC Lawmakers’ Meeting Deadlocked / President Buhari Appeals To Kankara Schoolboys To Return To School / Operation Hadin Kai: MNJTF Eliminate Six ISWAP Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.