Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (19630 Views)

Is Senator Bala Ibn'Nallah's Dress Code To An Event Right? (pics) / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2007
oyb:

so, because you consider yourself persecuted, you would choose to follow your whims, rather than your god's instructions? is that the modern christian way, do your own thing? grin not that i consider you a christian, anyway

just listen to the hypocrite. i thought you all went around crying that you were all peaceful. Pray how do u use violence to assert a peaceful attitude? have you followed ur own god's instructions before jumping to access whether i am following mine?

we know the muslim game, they use "turn the other cheek" to persecute christians with inpunity knowing they can whip out the "what did your God say" card when they are attacked in defence. the same band of murderous thugs use the western democracy to subtly destroy the western countries.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by spaceworld: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2007
The issue here is not a matter of being a Muslim or Christian crisis, FOR GOD SAKE we in African don't we have our own culture to protect?, after all we are taking up someelse culture, the next 4 generation to come will rain curses on this generation if care is not taken, because they will not see or meet any of our culture in existence, despite the English colonial rules in INDIA, PAKISTAN, DUBAI, DESPITE THE colonialism they still maintain there culture, if belief it is not a crime as well for the western to learn our clothing culture, so our own local fashion content could rise to internation standard, by doing a copycat style we are killing our culture, and local designers, so please let embrace our own mode of dressing, it is not a crime to dress in AFICANA STYLE THANK YOU

I VERY MUCH WELCOME THE IDEAL
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2007
@spaceworld

you're joking right? With PTH, earlier known as davidylan, everything is a muslim/christian issue.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2007
babyosisi:

We ought to be harmless as doves but wise as serpents.

Most people will beat you to the ground,myself inclusive,so don't ever try it,you'll get the beating of your life

there's an oxymoron in here, how does one equate being  harmless as a dove, or wise as a serpent for that matter, equate with beating people to the ground?

I'm shivering in my boots. this three hundred pound , six foot three amazon is out to kick my ass!

more to the point, it has been confirmed by cooler heads that this issue in benue with trousers has nothing to do with islam. considering that, most of your comments in this thread have  been neither wise nor harmless.they have a certain dovelike quality though, splattering muslims grin . and as usual,your venom has been in evidence.

so, the same serpent that tricked adam and even out of eden is now celebrated as wise? undecided

PTH:

just listen to the hypocrite.

my my, a bit touchy, are we? have you degenerated to namecalling now? heh heh, we should start a thread to find out which of us is the bigger hypocrite. perhaps insulting people is also part of your bible.

PTH:

the same band of murderous thugs use the western democracy to subtly destroy the western countries.

heh heh,  name calling paranoiac .  grin

how sad, for  you missed out on bosnia(i bet that made you cry cry) you also missed out on abu ghraib. but what do you know, you can still opt for guatanmo bay. take a year off school and torture 'muderous thugs' to your serpentine heart's content.

you could take it a step further and start 'extraodinary rendition' of nigerian 'murderous thugs'  to your own secret base in nigeria.(Muslim engineers, watch out! cheesy)

finally, you could go for the big one: take on a job in Pfizer, and finish the job they started up in northern nigeria.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Iman3(m): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2007
how sad, for you missed out on bosnia(i bet that made you cry ) you also missed out on abu ghraib. but what do you know, you can still opt for guatanmo bay. take a year off school and torture 'muderous thugs' to your serpentine heart's content.

I believe it is the same Bosnia and later Kosovo,that the Western world spent hundreds of billions of dollars helping.Abu Ghraib was long known as torture centre run by Saddam for decades and whose inmates were largely Shias.When your fellow Sunnis were and are still murdering Shias in the tens of thousands,you didn't see the need to complain.

How many times have you seen Sunnis condemn the violence being perpetrated against Shias in Iraq and elsewhere? You also forgot to mention South Sudan were Muslims managed to kill 1 million non-Muslims.

finally, you could go for the big one: take on a job in Pfizer, and finish the job they started up in northern nigeria.

Talking about Northern Nigeria,I wonder who is to blame for all the religious violence in the North-Jews,Americans or Shia?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by mubai: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2007
Sad sad sad, and even more pathetic and appaulling to see people do anything other than condem these dastardly acts to life, liberty and democracy,
I had the previledge of spending quite some time in the north and I'll tell you we are a bunch of hipocrites! why u may ask? cos besides politics and a few government parastatals, the most thriving business you'd see there are the BROTHELS!
They were against the botched beauty peagent in Nigeria a couple of years ago, because they say of its explicit and illicit scenes but for any one fortunate to have DSTV will see that DUBAI, SAUDI ARABIA, JORDAN etc are havens for these same trends we condem and we cant be HOLIER than they are after they invented Islam, and for so called churches who will shout to the high heavens " its immoral" for a woman to dress in man's clothing, who told you rightfuly that trousers belong to men, pls date back to ancient Egypt where civilization argurably began and you will realise that while the men where dressed in robes, what fashion and trend call wrapper today, the women were in something similar to the trousers we wear today capish?
I recall in the bible after Adam and Eve had discovered they were nude and covered themselves with leaves, God gave them the skin of an animal to properly cloth themselves NB he did not dicriminate on who's to wear what!
Please house the problem therein lies within, in other words, its in ou[color=#000099][/color]r head not in our perception of our environs
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2007
heh heh,I man, davidlyan's minion. grin. tongue. you need a little more polish.
perhaps you should stick to tryingg to stir up the Muslims thread.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by denex: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2007
@oyb

it's actually the other way round.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Iman3(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2007
oyb:

heh heh,I man, davidlyan's minion. grin. tongue. you need a little more polish.
perhaps you should stick to tryingg to stir up the Muslims thread.

Just putting ostrich like Sunni Muslims in their place grin When Sunnis murdered hundreds of thousands of Shias in Iraq in the 90s,none of you said anything.When Saudi Arabia is arresting Shias in the South,you pretend nothing is happening.

The Earth is littered with the corpses of Muslims and non-Muslims killed by Sunni Muslims and the attitude of "see no evil,hear no evil" Sunnis like you is hypocritical.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by enehur(f): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2007
Well in my own point of vew, that is not the right way to put things into consideration cos in Nigeria today Benue State is one of the poor State. As if we dot have person in the Government so if realy they want to come up with an idea it should'nt be part of drees code at all that is realy the sign of full time rubbish. The problem we have in this Stateis poverty, unemployment, disease, hunger and hardship just like that. If you think that you have the interest of Benue at heart than let there be a proper DEVELOPMENT, please tackle these issues. What morality are they talking about when they immorally and shamlessly rigged themselves into government THAT DOES NOT PROFIT ANY BODY. This is part of the Islamisation (SAREYA) plan they have in Nigeria.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
Well in my own point of vew, that is not the right way to put things into consideration because in Nigeria today Benue State is one of the poor State. As if we dot have person in the Government so if realy they want to come up with an idea it should'nt be part of drees code at all that is realy the sign of full time rubbish. The problem we have in this Stateis poverty, unemployment, disease, hunger and hardship just like that. If you think that you have the interest of Benue at heart than let there be a proper DEVELOPMENT, please tackle these issues. What morality are they talking about when they immorally and shamlessly rigged themselves into government THAT DOES NOT PROFIT ANY BODY. This is part of the Islamisation (SAREYA) plan they have in Nigeria

That is the problem with Nigeria we focus on the nonsensical things to divert attention from what warrants it. How can the Benue state governor look at disease? It is better to pull at unnecessary things and further illustrate that many of the Nigerians in power are Bafoons.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-71633.0.html[quote author=enehur

This is part of the Islamisation (SAREYA) plan they have in Nigeria.

who would have thought, all those govt officials are muslims in disguise! cheesy
or maybe they've been brainwashed by the movement for the sharialisation of naija. grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-71633.0.html
who would have thought, all those govt officials are muslims in disguise! cheesy
or maybe they've been brainwashed by the movement for the sharialisation of naija. grin

i notice this hypocrite has conveniently tried to ignore every reference made to the attrocities of muslims against muslims. You only hear complaints when the bullets come from US or UK guns.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
PTH:

i notice this hypocrite has conveniently tried to ignore every reference made to the attrocities of muslims against muslims. You only hear complaints when the bullets come from US or UK guns.

temper temper, grin you've started namecalling again.

please don't splatter me , mr dove, or should i say, please don't bite me, mr serpent cheesy
show some of that vaunted christian wisdom. this baiting is more along the lines of cunning ( which is a better way of describing serpents tongue)

maybe if you take sometime off at guatanamo bay (eat this, infidel!!!!) you can get this hatred out of your system.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by PTH(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
oyb:

temper temper, grin you've started namecalling again.

please don't splatter me , mr dove, or should i say, please don't bite me, mr serpent cheesy
show some of that vaunted christian wisdom. this baiting is more along the lines of cunning ( which is a better way of describing serpents tongue)

maybe if you take sometime off at guatanamo bay (eat this, infidel!!!!) you can get this hatred out of your system.

stuff and nonsense. refering to you as the hypocrite that you are is not name calling. If i refered to you as a manipulative liar would that be name calling or merely speaking the truth?

where are your complaints about Darfur? Are you complaining of the sunni-shia violence in Iraq? Where were your tears when abu ghraib was saddam's slaughter house? where were you when hamas millitants overthrew fatah in Gaza?

Christian wisdom is not equivalent to political correctness!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2007
PTH:

Christian wisdom is not equivalent to political correctness!

yes, but you are neither a christian, or wise. cry

you are very pollitically incorrect, though. secterian, tribalist. . . i shudder to imagine you as a white man.Nairalanders would never here the end nasty manipulative comments about blacks in general and nigerians in particular.

remain blessed mr 'not a hypocrite'. cheesy
got to go!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2007
oyb:

there's an oxymoron in here, how does one equate being  harmless as a dove, or wise as a serpent for that matter, equate with beating people to the ground?

I'm shivering in my boots. this three hundred pound , six foot three amazon is out to kick my ass!

more to the point, it has been confirmed by cooler heads that this issue in benue with trousers has nothing to do with islam. considering that, most of your comments in this thread have  been neither wise nor harmless.they have a certain dovelike quality though, splattering muslims grin . and as usual,your venom has been in evidence.

so, the same serpent that tricked adam and even out of eden is now celebrated as wise? undecided

my my, a bit touchy, are we? have you degenerated to namecalling now? heh heh, we should start a thread to find out which of us is the bigger hypocrite. perhaps insulting people is also part of your bible.

heh heh,  name calling paranoiac .  grin

how sad, for  you missed out on bosnia(i bet that made you cry cry) you also missed out on abu ghraib. but what do you know, you can still opt for guatanmo bay. take a year off school and torture 'muderous thugs' to your serpentine heart's content.

you could take it a step further and start 'extraodinary rendition' of nigerian 'murderous thugs'  to your own secret base in nigeria.(Muslim engineers, watch out! cheesy)

didn't get the humor you were trying to convey.
I suppose you got my point clearly.

yawn
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2007
Who are this pple talking?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by UPRISING: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
this is just the begining , very soon
it will spread to all the state in nigeria.
how i wish they will start in lagos and
abuja, well na them sabi
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DisGuy: 1:11am On Aug 15, 2007
UPRISING:

this is just the begining , very soon
it will spread to all the state in nigeria.
how i wish they will start in lagos and
abuja, well na them sabi

where have u been? check the other threads wink next stop enugu state grin
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 3:14am On Aug 15, 2007
where have u been? check the other threads Wink next stop enugu state

I hope the people in Enugu don't stand for this nonsense.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DisGuy: 3:26am On Aug 15, 2007
The people in Lagos don't take shyte from anybody apparently but hey the state govt and police are coming down hard on the 'very educated' women , they are grumbling but not complaining wink
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by wendymanda: 3:51am On Aug 15, 2007
The people in Lagos don't take shyte from anybody apparently but hey the state govt and police are coming down hard on the 'very educated' women , they are grumbling but not complaining

Well since the Benue state governor put this into effect? I hope the Lagos governor does not do the same. What is it with Nigeria and joining any band wagon to oppress women with immediate alacrity?
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by DisGuy: 4:17am On Aug 15, 2007
To be honest we don't even have any evidence that he Benue state government did anything in the first place i think someone or some people just misinterpreted what the governor said according to this
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by idah1: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2007
kudos to Benue State Governent, they have pointed it out to we indigenes that bad dressence by the ladies in the state has been responsible for the under development that has ravaged the state as well as curroption. Well i think that this is a misplaced priority as the state government should try tackle more pressing issues than dress code.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by chanty: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2007
Am not in surpot of banding ladies from wearing trousers, reason some people are working in a company that their work needs climbing and you expert them to climb with skirt, it is not good.secondry some that likes to enter motor cycle and to climd it is war because of the skirt. robbers attack when robbers enter your house and you are puting on skirt they will easly rape you becouse there is know stress in it.like what i experienced where am staying some times when you are walking alone on the road they can easly chase you and that time you are with skirt that will not allow you to run.

please am begging benue state government to look into this, they should not banned it like that becouse some people have reason of puting on trousers not for fancy sake or to seduce men.

thanks and God bless.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by laudate: 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2007
Dis Guy:

To be honest we don't even have any evidence that he Benue state government did anything in the first place i think someone or some people just misinterpreted what the governor said according to this

Ohhhh!! angry Dis Guy, why did you have to spoil di fun now??!! The altercations were just beginning to get interesting! grin

Oyb vs. babyosisi is certainly a must watch! wink I go fine you for all the money I could have made from gate-takings o!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2007
Chei,this type of love.
It's no longer love but lovu.

Just come out and say it,don't be shy.
I don't bite.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
embarassedHi pple,am from benue state & am rily embarassed rite now about the negative publicity but then again am thinking how can we matured adults on this site abandon the issue at hand and start throwing missiles at one another?.This has nothing to do with islam or christianity so lets just respect God and one another(i-man & company you owe each other tons of apologies).I think girls should dress decently too but then trousers are not indecent maybe someone in authority would rather tear trousers than provide the bare necessities like water,light and food as a publicity stunt.Have yourselves a great day.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2007
You have spoken.
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2007
Indeed lovemajek i have.cheers!
Re: Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! by lovemajek(f): 9:42pm On Aug 16, 2007
you're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled / Condition Before We(niger Deltans) Support Biafra / Kogi 2019: Dino Melaye Storms Kogi West And Central (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.