Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled (19615 Views)

Stop This Hypocrisy, Be Principled / Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by neily(f): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi has said he would remain on the path of principle as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF).

He stated this in Port Harcourt on Saturday when staff of the NGF Secretariat under his leadership visited him.

Amaechi enjoined the staff to remain neutral in the face of the forum’s current leadership crisis, assuring them of regular salaries.

He took advantage of the visit to undertake an unscheduled inspection of some ongoing and completed projects within the state capital.

This, according to the governor, was to acquaint them with projects embarked upon and those completed by his government.

Some of the projects visited included the Kelsey Harrison 120-bed Hospital, some modern primary schools and the 38,000-seater stadium complex.

He expressed displeasure over ``breech of some contract agreement’’ by the handlers of the hospital.

He phoned the Commissioner for Health to write the managers to correct the identified breeches or have the contract revoked.

Others visited were the ongoing health centre within the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) complex, the state Conference Centre and some completed road projects.

Amaechi called on the contractors to be up to their responsibilities or have their contract re-determined.

He said government was constructing 500 modern primary schools across the state, adding that 250 of the schools would be commissioned in October.

This, he said, was to address the shortage of primary schools in the state.

Mr Asishana Okauru, Director General of the NGF Secretariat who led the staff on the visit, expressed satisfaction with the projects inspected.

``We are very impressed by the institutions and infrastructure on ground here. It shows that Rivers is a modern state,” Okauru said.

According to him, the facilities inspected are comparable to those in most advanced countries of the world.
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/ngf-amaechi-promises-remain-principled

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Biodup: 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mr principle, your game is over. Apologise to your oga at the top and sin no more. Bi ori bapenile adi ire 1st to comment.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by stebell(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ways ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ resolve de crisis in PH city. (1). Recall de Obio/Akpor Chairman and his councillors cos some sections of de rules and order of de house of Assembly were not followed. (2). Acknowledge and recognise de PDP in de state led by Felix Obuah, cos yu too came in as Gov thro de court. Yu were not elected. τ̲̅ђe supreme court brought yu in as Gov in 2007. (3) recognise Evans Bipi as de new speaker of de house of Assembly. After doing de above, then call Pro n Anti Amaechi lawmakers and ‎​♍åƙε̲̣̣̣̥ them settle immediately. I believe wen yu do d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ , then de kind of peace yu hv in ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я 1st term will be available ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ yu again. Long live Rivers State. Long live #Team Fresh Air#. Long live Naija.

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Maidoki14(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
Eya amaechi i like d guy sha

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by danny301: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
Story....
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by victokafor(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
it is well.. remain focused!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Temismith(f): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
Amaechi pls is not to late to right your wrongs. Be a good boy my boy

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by dridowu: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Since 2wks ago, we no get light 4 house, dy go bring their stupid bill next week now

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by fishkaveli(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sturbon HE goat
Better draw ur triangle before u get squared.
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by ebamma3: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
.I like this amaechi guy cos in a land of so many puppets he choosed to be his own boss, ride on amaechi

31 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Sanboy25: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
undecided
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by otijah(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Settle with ur oga at the top first before we believe or else u ar still unprincipled sir!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by oluwadare26(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
i just love this man

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Ekans: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Only if the combatants will allow him work in peace.Those fighting him do so for their own selfish interests(their pockets) and do not have the masses in mind.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by seansifo(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
i didn't go to church bcus my pastor travelled with the entrance keys. Ameachi am vry sorry it won't happen again

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by PrettyGaby(f): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
if I hear
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Pedagogue: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
.Ways ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ resolve de crisis in PH city. (1). Recall de Obio/Akpor Chairman and his councillors cos some sections of de rules and order of de house of Assembly were not followed. (2). Acknowledge and recognise de PDP in de state led by Felix Obuah, cos yu too came in as Gov thro de court. Yu were not elected. τ̲̅ђe supreme court brought yu in as Gov in 2007. (3) recognise Evans Bipi as de new speaker of de house of Assembly. After doing de above, then call Pro n Anti Amaechi lawmakers and ‎​♍åƙε̲̣̣̣̥ them settle immediately. I believe wen yu do d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ , then de kind of peace yu hv in ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я 1st term will be available ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ yu again. Long live Rivers State. Long live #Team Fresh Air#. Long live Naija.

Typical Nigerian!!! Amaechi should do all that...but his critics/opponents should do nothing!

The most laughable thing in your post is your suggestion that he should "recognise Evans Bipi as de new speaker of de house of Assembly." My bro,albeit you are entitled to your view,a view like yours is bound to be taken with a pinch of salt. If you can boldly state that a governor should accept d imposition of the will of 5 people over 27 people,then I need no other evidence of your obtuseness. It's like saying he should accept what will kill him.

By your "team fresh air", its obvious you are one of the many literate knaves that regularly insult the intelligence of Nigerians through sheepish posts on social media- well, I guess you get paid for doing this! Or how can a dispassionate person make illogical suggestions like you've drawn up? I'm not against your stance neither am I against your support for anybody,because u have a right to do that...I'm just appalled by the way you've reduced common sense!

@ Op, I'm not in Support of d personality of Amaechi neither am I in support of d Presidency-they are all politicians and they know how they do their things!
Nevertheless, Amaechi's travails is about justice,equity and democracy. If the imposition of the will of the Presidency on democratically elected leaders in Rivers is allowed,it may well be the end of our democracy. If the ridiculing of d governor by the commissioner of police is not Condemned by all and sundry,we should expect more from the very desperate president in states that are not in his good books! If all that happened during OBJ's time is still happening in 'their' era of 'fresh air' ,is Nigeria not doomed?

It is in furtherance of democratic norms that I am on the side of Amaechi!
Many have been saying Amaechi should bow to the 'almighty powers of the presidency'. But may I remind them that Bola Tinubu was able to counter all the fire powers of a more 'terrifying ' president! So, if he was able to that against a more power wielding and 'on d ground' President ,why cant Amaechi do the same?
Bola Tinubu's political career began when he was able to stick to his political principles! If Amaechi shifts grounds, that will mark the end of his political career. BUT not shifting grounds is not the same thing as not meeting with the President or not dousing the tension in d state...
Not shifting grounds is NOT succumbing to the whims and caprices of a power drunk President and his wife
[/color]

73 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by planetuzor(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
So what now concern me #talking-in-princess-voice
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by luvinhubby(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nigerian politicians & their Naira denominated principles. *hisses*
All of them, both ruling & opposition, are all 'CROOKED ROGUES IN OPPOSING CAMPS' angry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Tintinix: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
And this immediately makes front Page?!
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Peinstein: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
stebell: Ways ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ resolve de crisis in PH city. (1). Recall de Obio/Akpor Chairman and his councillors cos some sections of de rules and order of de house of Assembly were not followed. (2). Acknowledge and recognise de PDP in de state led by Felix Obuah, cos yu too came in as Gov thro de court. Yu were not elected. τ̲̅ђe supreme court brought yu in as Gov in 2007. (3) recognise Evans Bipi as de new speaker of de house of Assembly. After doing de above, then call Pro n Anti Amaechi lawmakers and ‎​♍åƙε̲̣̣̣̥ them settle immediately. I believe wen yu do d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ , then de kind of peace yu hv in ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я 1st term will be available ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ yu again. Long live Rivers State. Long live #Team Fresh Air#. Long live Naija.
You mean he should accept that Kangaroo elected speaker? I think we need to revise our mathematics curriculum sir. Sure it is to the good of all for Amaechi to give and take to ensure peace in Rivers, but not by legalising illegality.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by GudluckIBB(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
danny301: Story....
The Next time you go chinda Me or write something like this again,I go so lloyd You Macelessly Till Your Bipi go Rise.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Iykebestbt(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
vote umbrerra!....meanwhile,in another country underage marriage is about to be passed into law...

Did I said "in another country"?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by DeCleff(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Biodup: Mr principle, your game is over. Apologise to your oga at the top and sin no more. Bi ori bapenile adi ire 1st to comment.

Unfortunately u forgot to give us the numbers of Ameachi's days

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by funnyx(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Biodup: Mr principle, your game is over. Apologise to your oga at the top and sin no more. Bi ori bapenile adi ire 1st to comment.

Ma tan ara e ori ti o pe nile a di idakuda ni grin

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Jodesky(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
stebell: Ways ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ resolve de crisis in PH city. (1). Recall de Obio/Akpor Chairman and his councillors cos some sections of de rules and order of de house of Assembly were not followed. (2). Acknowledge and recognise de PDP in de state led by Felix Obuah, cos yu too came in as Gov thro de court. Yu were not elected. τ̲̅ђe supreme court brought yu in as Gov in 2007. (3) recognise Evans Bipi as de new speaker of de house of Assembly. After doing de above, then call Pro n Anti Amaechi lawmakers and ‎​♍åƙε̲̣̣̣̥ them settle immediately. I believe wen yu do d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ , then de kind of peace yu hv in ÿøu̶̲̥̅̊я 1st term will be available ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ yu again. Long live Rivers State. Long live #Team Fresh Air#. Long live Naija.

If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.
Your suggestions smirk of sheer stupidity. Do you know Evans Bipi's mission? His group's plan is to impeach Amaechi and everyone following the River's crisis knows the plot too well.
The road to resolution of the crisis is certainly in compromise by all concerned but certainly not by recognising the hoodlum called Bipi.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by skyluv2000(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Amechi all these stress and embarrassment you are causing

GEJ must visit you back.according to law of kama what goes round comes around.

Are you tired of the fight,you now have time for the state,well man its too late for you.

As far as nigeria politics is concerned, you are dainted forever for sabotaging SS and SE.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by IYANGBALI: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
So dis man na school principal him be before,no wonder
Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by wazobaaa: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
he is till a leaner grin smiley embarassed

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by Alfoasegh: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
I was keenly going through your suggestions until I stumbled on the bolded. Are you for real? How can an occultic thug who cannot express himself and who orchestrated the dumbest impeachment drama in the history of this country ever be recognized as "speaker"? Was there a quorum for the house to seat? Was the required number to impeach principal officers of the house met? How about the violence he instigated before commencing the kangaroo impeachment?
The bolded comment above easily gives you out as one of the many wonders to emerge from the Delta swamp in the words of Prof. Wole Soyinka.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Promises To Remain Principled by tamotech(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
make peace with your enemy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Orders Federal Agencies In Ekiti To Pay Rent Or Leave / Sanwo-Olu: Land Transactions In Lagos To Go Fully Digital Next Year / How FG Can Stop Killings In Plateau, Others — Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.