Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Are There Real Investors Out Here ? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Are There Real Investors Out Here ? (219 Views)

Are There Real Miniscale Agroexporters On Nairaland?can We Our Share Experience / A Must Read For Real Investors As My Recent Performance Is Attached / Scary Investment For Real Investors Ethereum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Real Investors Out Here ? by klbakare(m): 12:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
My company is in dire need of investors and I've been struggling to meet people. I've heard successful tales of business partnerships and investments that went to become so great. I have an agricultural company that I've already invested great resources into and i want to move into the next level. I need investors with money and more than money e.g connections, advisers, strategist, mentorships that can help me walk my way up. I rear broilers on a small scale but I want to scale up and start processing. Please, if you are such a person don't scroll past this post.

The profit outlook is great. I mean very very great. I need somebody i can sit down with and pour my heart to, my motivations, my aspiration and my visions. And certainly i need someone who has money to invest too. Most of the money will be spent on small scale processing equipment, while the rest on bird production.

The market is vast and and my customer base is overwhelming i am unable to meet up with demand.

More details shortly.

Please ask questions and start reaching out to me.
Re: Are There Real Investors Out Here ? by NairalandAngel(m): 10:10am On May 02, 2022
klbakare:
Please I really apologize for slow responses. I am presently the manager, marketer, labourer, supervisor, front desk etc. for my farm. Asides that, I’ve been sick. Lastly, I’m presently dealing with a frustration about getting water on the farm. I've dug a well three times on my farm and this most recent third one just hit a rock. I'm more than tired embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
@nairalandangel, I do not have a 3 years running history to start with. Secondly, please remember when I told you I didn't study finance, I don't know how to prepare a profit trade and loss, I also don't know how to prepare so many business documents, these are part of the stuffs I'm hoping someone will teach me. However, we keep a farm record that shows input into bird production and mortality rates. It covers basic costs like DOC costs, feed costs, drugs costs, vaccination and bird survival rates etc. I don't know if that will help. We also have a record of total production cost and total turnover per set.
I'm presently on the look-out for business developers, advisers etc. whose mouth is not wide (or with interest to help entrepreneurs like me) that will help me with basic foundational stuffs for a proper business setting like the required books for book keeping, proper understanding of shareholding, large investor network etc. and also who will help me to prepare the projection documents in the formats that you have stated here.
I want to do something big and my gut tells me “just go big, if you want to be big”
Lastly, I am still ready to do debt financing against my present assets but in the meantime, I will work on a handout (I presume to get an expert) covering all those areas you have mentioned.

Sorry for not responding earlier, i have been very busy

It's good that you keep records of your expenses especially as it related to each production set

Your next step will be to translate them to annual figures which you can prepare a Profit and Loss account to present to prospective investors.

Here is how you do that:

1) You need to add up all the sales which took place in a particular year eg if you sold 7 sets in the year 2019 you need to add them up

2) Next you need to add up all the costs of the production process that was used to achieve the 7 sets in year 2019. Lets say you bought 14 bags of bird feed, you need to add up their costs. After this you add the cost of medicines, payment to a vet for that year only, cost of supplements or additives to the meals of the chickens, wages of the farm hand or the person directly involved with looking after the chickens etc. All these are referred to as direct costs.

Another important expense that could also appear here i depreciation. This is an estimate in Naira value of the wear and tear that your equipment suffers while in use in the production process

Gross Profit
This is the figure you get when you subtract the total figure for direct expenses or operational costs from the total revenue for the period under review.

3) Next come the overheads
These are expenses of a general nature but which were also incurred in running the farm.
- Espenses that will fall in here include the following
- Rent that you are paying to lease the farm
- Expenses spent on petrol to run your
- Electricity bills for the year in question
- Salaries of administrative staff eg the farm manager, driver (if any)
- Levies paid to the government
- Levies and dues paid to the farmers' association etc
Please note that this list is not exhaustive because I'm not a poultry farmer so I don't know all the expenses involved but the objective is to make sure you capture all the expenses involved

An addition of these cost will give you administrative expenses which you will subtract from the Gross Profit obtained above to get Net Profit or Net loss.

You need to prepare this report in a tabular form for at least the 3 most recent years of your operations.

Be sure to use only actual figures based on historical figures to prepare this report because any figure you quote here can be independently verified using your bank statements

Note:- I decided to also post my response on your thread in the Investment Section so you can get more views and hence more suggestions

1 Like

Re: Are There Real Investors Out Here ? by Staceey: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2022
Hello, please I am looking for a poultry farm to rent in Abuja. The capacity of 300 to 500 birds. Location: Jabi, Life camp, Utako, wuye, wuse, karu, nyanya or maraba. Thank you
Please if you have you or know someone who does please you can message me on 08157280165

(1) (Reply)

6 Grants Available To African Sme’s / How To Make And Sell An NFT: Marketplaces / 2yrs Old Foreign I.G For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.