Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair (27555 Views)

APC Crisis: Pressure Mounts On Adamu To Resign / Buhari Endorses Abdullahi Adamu As APC National Chairman / Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 9:44am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

If I say it starts on Saturday, it means Saturday election will give birth to the primaries coming later, and the real contenders have no choice than to come out from hiding.
grin who are you supporting and who are the supposed serious contenders
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 9:48am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
grin who are you supporting and who are the supposed serious contenders
I'm supporting the Vp
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by shinealight(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

The fact is that, buhari may not be able to decides who wins the general election, but he will influence who carries apc flag, unfortunately that's how it is in naija in fact he will decide who wins in apc.

He may very well decide who gets the APC ticket since all the sycophants are doing YES SIR to him for the moment, but if he makes a wrong choice, he will just run away to Daura or England when APC loses the election….just like Atiku ran to Dubai after his loss in 2019.
Keep watching!!
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 9:50am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

I'm supporting the Vp
ok I see
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Emmani360(m): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2022
I don't like the idea of Tinubu as president but what's with all this childish name calling here and there. It's not even as if the name calling is to his face or will it stop him from becoming president if majority of North and Southwest decides to back him.

Seems we have not learnt that election are not won through petty name calling and emotional utterances. In winning elections one just have to be strategic.

I'm sorry to say it but if we are being truthful to ourselves, In terms of wining presidential election the southeast and Southsouth holds very little sway cos we don't have the population and secondly year after year voters turn out on election days particularly in the southeast has been going down and this is just why PDP doesn't want to go by zoning .

While we are here calling names, rejecting and binding, Tinubu and his royalist are already building a formidable coalition.

I'm not in anyway exited by the prospect of an igbo president cos if we are being realistic and truthful to ourselves, the current mindsets in this country makes it very difficult for an igbo president to emerge even if he/she happens to be very qualified and that's because a greater majority of Nigerians still vote based on personal interest and ethnic/tribal sentiment. For example i know a lot of us igbos that blame the notherns and some parts of the south for bringing Buhari to power will vote for someone as unqualified as OUK over a more qualified candidate from the north.

To end the long talk, we the citizens are still the ones to a very large extent holding ourselves back.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by famology(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2022
Commendable!
It'll help to reduce friction. What will now happen to Amaechi who belong to the same new pdp bloc with Adamu Abdulahi?

Buhari picked Adamu as chairman
Tinubu picked Omisore as secretary
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
ok I see

Evn the likes of Amaechi has to come out by next week
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by kissdabride: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2022
ityP:

No lies here sha. Dude get game. Whatever he wants, he gets with stealth
Only he can not get Fulani to dominate Nigeria..
Bloodsucking maggots.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 9:59am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

Evn the likes of Amaechi has to come out by next week
grin chilax your man fit cum out, we no dey rush

Na Adamu come out last for this one, see how the thing go
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
grin chilax your man fit cum out, we no dey rush

Na Adamu come out last for this one, see how the thing go

Primaries will be May, and there is Ramadan in April, so you see all serious contenders have to make their intentions known soon.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2022
shinealight:

He may very well decide who gets the APC ticket since all the sycophants are doing YES SIR to him for the moment, but if he makes a wrong choice, he will just run away to Daura or England when APC loses the election….just like Atiku ran to Dubai after his loss in 2019.
Keep watching!!

Unfortunately, you are right but there is nothing we can do about it, because most of these governors are corrupt so that is why they are afraid, they will always do follow follow, let's hope nigeria gets it right this time around.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by SunMusk(m): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2022
Guy calm down.... In China thy citizen didn't vote or know what is Election. All over the world few people decides the fate of millions
Ladiesdoctor:
Nigeria politics is so disgusting. How can few people decides the fate of millions?

Nigeria politics is the worst kind of politics on earth.
Even the president that promises transparency has derailed from the meaning.

He derailed through his appointments, his 5% comments and the DOT comment.

What kind of leaders do we have in this country for goodness sake?
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 10:06am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

Primaries will be May, and there is Ramadan in April, so you see all serious contenders have to make their intentions known soon.
Dude their is enough time in may Na

APC may just have it the same may 28/29 PDP are having theirs, Abi Ramadan no affect PDP before fixing it.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2022
shinealight:

Keep watching!!
you are saying he "may" instead of he will.

This was the only time he was going to prove he has no interest in who becomes APC flagbearer

Don't forget this man already publicly said he had a candidate for flagbearer so how do you expect him to be neutral when he has already put hand into the APC NEC board cookie jar

This is the last straw for APC people to be independent on themselves and they couldn't, so don't expect Buhari won't finish what he has been starting since when it's all for the ultimate task
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 10:16am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Dude their is enough time in may Na

APC may just have it the same may 28/29 PDP are having theirs, Abi Ramadan no affect PDP before fixing it.

You sound like an amateur, so there wouldn't be consultation before primaries for any of the serious contenders?so you think that's how it works! are you kidding me?
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by adelaja70(m): 10:16am On Mar 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Another bullshit

Smh for this Tinubu people

Adamu is in Rotimi Amaechi camp and rumour ha it that Buhari is strongly projecting Rotimi Amaechi to succeed him as president.

Read below

Tinubu has lost from all angle in this game of chess , Buhari don outsmart Tinubu..
Somebody should get a job for this boy.... He's a nuisance on Nairaland.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Ijoba85: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2022
I may not know much bout Awolowo but I know a little bout Abiola , I followed my dad to the polling booth to vote for Abiola that year. I am 36 years old now. You guys think the same thing that happened to Abiola would happen to Tinubu , if Tinubu never learnt from that ordeal then he would be a political failure , I'm sure Tinubu is more intelligent and smarter that you all think
joyandfaith:

Were you born when Awolowo and Abiola were doing their things. Ask old people in your place, they would tell you real history.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

You sound like an amateur, so there wouldn't be consultation before primaries for any of the serious contenders?so you think that's how it works! are you kidding me?
grin you are the amateur here o, consultation with the right power brokers is all that is needed

Adamu only consulted with the cabal and became consesus choice overnight

If you like consult from now till the world ends if it's not with the right group it won't work

Didn't you here that Buhari said every elective post in APC must be by consesus, or you think he was dumb to force senate to add consesus severally
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by chukwuibuipob: 10:22am On Mar 24, 2022
sad Transact biz with some fellow Nig /even assist dem with fund for biz is a RISK.U wonder why bank don't give loan anyhow.Some pipu are pure Evil.God will NOT forgive u if u don't track that worthless girl and collect ur money.U can track her tru FB and use a lady to trick the bastard out
Kenturkey048:

I transact businesses with Kenyan..senegalese..I haven't met them nor know how they look..Based on trust...But the case of a Nigerian is always different...No problem sha..I just realized anybody can never be me.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by kayusely70(m): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2022
Let's wait and watch as events unfold on Saturday!
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by ArewaNorth: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:

How far now Amaechi candidate have secured consesus, Amaechi himself would be participating in the convention

arewanorth how far

Delegates vote not party Chairman. After all ur delusional guessing on CPC bloc chairman u have finally find another route to call Adamu Amaechi ally?
Get it right, Buhari has surprised u with unexpected choice, so stop this Amaechi game.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by poiZon: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Buhari is playing "Pepper Dem" style of politics and I like him for that..
I will support anything and everything that will render Tinubu and his useless supporters inconsequential in APC, I will. grin
National association of tinubu haters.
NATH nairaland branch...

Can i be the ex-officio?
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by adelaja70(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2022
This is not the first time APC is doing it... All their past chairman got there on consensus....Adamu is nPDP, so they deserve to be Chairman after AC candidate.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by MikoB: 10:31am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
grin you are the amateur here o, consultation with the right power brokers is all that is needed

Adamu only consulted with the cabal and became consesus choice overnight

If you like consult from now till the world ends if it's not with the right group it won't work

Didn't you here that Buhari said every elective post in APC must be by consesus, or you think he was dumb to force senate to add consesus severally

So adamu didn't consult with the national assembly? He even consulted with some governors, it's over one month that we have known he is buhari's candidate, so why didn't buhari wait till Friday tomorow before letting everyone knows, the joke is on you, any favourite from buhari has no choice than to be known soon, so consultations will start as soon as possible, they have less than 9 weeks before the primaries.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by adelaja70(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2022
Ijoba85:
I may not know much bout Awolowo but I know a little bout Abiola , I followed my dad to the polling booth to vote for Abiola that year. I am 36 years old now. You guys think the same thing that happened to Abiola would happen to Tinubu , if Tinubu never learnt from that ordeal then he would be a political failure , I'm sure Tinubu is more intelligent and smarter that you all think
Please ignore them... They are stark illiterates.
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 10:33am On Mar 24, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Delegates vote not party Chairman. After all ur delusional guessing on CPC bloc chairman u have finally find another route to call Adamu Amaechi ally?
Get it right, Buhari has surprised u with unexpected choice, so stop this Amaechi game.
you must be very confused because we have since been aware that Adamu the npdp man was drafted by Amaechi since last two months

https://dailytimesng.com/apc-convention-how-amaechi-drafted-abdullahi-into-race/

Infact it was your Tinubu people that were laughing at us on what has become the fate of amaechi Candidate when it was alleged that Buhari was backing nobody and groups were dumping Adamu

Adamu himself stated he was called upon to vie for the position in schcrony of the Amaechi news that he persuaded Adamu to come in

Delegates vote indeed yet Buhari has said all positions including flagbearer would be by concesus
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by shinealight(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2022
Truthisunique3:
the reality of the game is the chairman control the board,

A secretary can be sent packing if 2/3 of the board wants him out

The board remains an appendage of the president

Don’t forget that a new President is coming…he too will find a way to get rid of this Board if they try work against him, afreall he will also be the de facto leader of the party. So, they can recruit all the sycophants as they please for now….I bet they may not even last two years in the position. Keep watching!
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by poiZon: 10:55am On Mar 24, 2022
shinealight:

YEAH….Buhari way!!! That’s why he lost three times in a row until someone took his hand and showed him the way. Same person will also show him how to play politics when the time is ripe. The National Assembly is already cutting him to size by Appealing Section 84 (12).
Buhari way indeed….as if this is military era!!! shocked shocked
Since 2007 buhari has been winning core north in every presidential elections conducted.
What made the difference in that election was North central votes, nassarawa, benue, kogi, kwara, niger states... All these states were pdp states prior to 2015 elections exception of nassarawa that was controlled by cpc.

Tinubu did nothing extraordinary, if he did, he wouldn't have gone with others to consult obasanjo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 10:58am On Mar 24, 2022
shinealight:

Don’t forget that a new President is coming…he too will find a way to get rid of this Board if they try work against him, afreall he will also be the de facto leader of the party. So, they can recruit all the sycophants as they please for now….I bet they may not even last two years in the position. Keep watching!
the joke here is buhari is putting these people in place to work with not just him but the new government

How do you have a new government when the board which is the umpire won't let you in fully backed by the president?

Know this and know peace Buhari desires consensus for all his candidate, he didn't battle with NASS for consesus to be in constitution just for fighting sake

He would use it again by may, this board would continue from where buni stopped
Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by CyberWolf: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2022
shinealight:

….Lol grin
You’re a real joker! And who was the National leader that you guys put forward to help Buhari’s ascendancy? For you to now be claiming some special treatment from Buhari? You could not even garner enough support for him when he looked in your direction by picking your kith and kin. Do you think the man has a short memory? Wait for the shockers in the pipeline for you!!
Without the 6 governors from the nPDP that joined APC, APC wouldn’t have won the election and you knows that. Who led the nPDP to the APC then? Who was Bihari national campaign director both in 2015 and 2019? You guys from Southwest always think the country revolves around and you’re the most important, others are shits.. don’t worry, you will learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair by Truthisunique3: 11:05am On Mar 24, 2022
MikoB:

So adamu didn't consult with the national assembly? He even consulted with some governors, it's over one month that we have known he is buhari's candidate, so why didn't buhari wait till Friday tomorow before letting everyone knows, the joke is on you, any favourite from buhari has no choice than to be known soon, so consultations will start as soon as possible, they have less than 9 weeks before the primaries.
all those Media lies, it's high time you desist from them, only Tinubu was really seen consulting with NASS

We never saw Adamu, another news even said the NASS members turned him down because they had up to 3 other colleagues and wouldn't take side

Adamu was only seen publicly with the right power brokers that's why I said you don't need noise or running around.

The joke is really on you as at last month Sani Musa the Tinubu candidate have already been known, almakura was buhari option till Adamu came inside march

Nobody was sure Buhari had a candidate that's why people contested in the first place, it took Adamu few weeks to couple things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Funeral Of Aregbesola's Mother: Osinbajo, Okorocha, Fayose, Others Attend (PICS) / PDP To Protest Over Supreme Court Judgment In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.