Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) (23644 Views)

Police Re-Arrest Glory Okolie Weeks After Release From Suleja Prison / Glory Okolie Detained For ‘Being Girlfriend Of IPOB Member’ - IGP Orders Probe / Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by envoymedia: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Suspected IPOB Spy, Glory Okolie, Regains Freedom After Nine Months In Detention (Photos)

Glory Okolie, the lady accused of being a spy for the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra has been set free from police custody, IGBERETV reports.

Okolie, 21, who spent nine months in prison was released after perfecting her bail conditions.

Okolie was detained by the Police Intelligence Response Team unit of the Nigeria Police in Imo state, since June 17, 2021.

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja granted bail to Gloria Okolie in the sum of N10million with two sureties.

Ruling on the bail application, the presiding judge, Justice Taiwo Taiwo admitted her to bail with sureties one of whom must be at least a level-14 Civil Servant while the other must own landed property and must have lived at the present address for at least 2 years.

Okolie who was accused of an offence bordering on terrorism was arrested by the Nigeria Police Force for allegedly being friends with a suspected member of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

She was later transferred to Abuja.

While reacting to the bail conditions, her lawyers, Ihensekhien Samuel commended the judge for admitting her to bail though the terms were stringent but they would apply for variation in due course.

Samuel wrote on Facebook;

"#free glory okolie is finally out..Help us thank God...."
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=270400091954155&id=100069524982724

https://igberetvnews.com/1416903/suspected-ipob-spy-glory-okolie-regains-freedom-nine-months-detention-photos/

6 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Administration1: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Finally, it has happened. But if truly she was never a spy then the security agencies had failed in their bid to prove themselves as elements of the state.

Go to the prisons, and see the amount of young men and women languishing away there. I took a trip to the Prison yesterday as part of fulfilling our CSR responsibility and when we got to hear firsthand information of trivial excuses of why they are still in Prison, they most annoying is that they are still awaiting trial, some 6 years, some 4 years, some. The Police and Judiciary are corrupt.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:03am On Mar 24, 2022
I feel for the young lady..look how happy she is.. cry
The smile on the last picture says it all.. nothing like freedom..that joy of meeting your loved ones and the pain of leaving your prison friends behind.. cry

Glad she regained her freedom.. smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by MadamVanessa(f): 7:03am On Mar 24, 2022
shocked

People pay so much for Freedom. There's no easy walk to freedom. Alot of sacrifices have to be made before one actually get Freedom.

If what is happening to the igbos did not happened, then I would have lost hope in this course, but since there's so much ordeals face by the igbos everyday regarding this course then their freedom is sure, their freedom is near , their freedom is already here.

I must commend them for being so resilient and tenacious and believing so much in the dream of their fathers and forefathers.

They accused them falsely so they can thwart their effort , and killed their hope in what they believe on, but surprisingly these people are not giving up, they're doing all they can to get liberated at all cost.

I am so proud of you baby girl, to me you're my hero, you deserve nothing but so much respect , you've paid your price in this course and you'll never be forgotten. Posterity will be so kind to you dear. God bless you darling.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Emergingnation3(m): 7:04am On Mar 24, 2022
Las las this how Biafra will gained her freedom from this contraption called Nigeria..

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by OnionBandit(f): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2022
Another news said 4months, this one is saying 9months..E fit all be fake news after all...

Aba made crap

2 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Chibuzoc(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2022
Price to pay for freedom. We love you Gloria Okolie

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:07am On Mar 24, 2022
Umu Chineke will always win

31 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by LeoDeKing: 7:07am On Mar 24, 2022
If you like, go continue dey follow the criminals upandan.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Emergingnation3(m): 7:08am On Mar 24, 2022
OyigboUpdate, the Ikwere Marauder and his unity begging goons will be in great pained with this good news.
To them every member of IPOB should be kill,cos their activities are bend to lead their various tribes or perhaps regions into Oblivion.. grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by envoymedia: 7:09am On Mar 24, 2022
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by donbachi(m): 7:11am On Mar 24, 2022
Strongwoman.

11 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by PussyOdour(m): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

People pay so much for Freedom, there's no easy walk for freedom, alot of sacrifices have to be made before one actually get Freedom. If what is happening to Biafrans did not happened, then I would have lost hope in this course, but since there's so much ordeals face by true Biafrans then their freedom is sure, their freedom is near , their freedom is already here.

I am so proud of you baby girl, to me you're my hero, you deserve nothing but so much respect , you've paid your price in this course and you'll never be forgotten. Posterity will be so kind to you dear. God bless you darling.

MadamVanessa

You no de talk like woman were you be...you talk too much

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2022
PussyOdour:

MadamVanessa

You are disgusting...so she should keep mute cos of you or what?
She own her hands and can type whatever she wants..at least she ain't hurting you or anyone

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by CursedTinubu: 7:21am On Mar 24, 2022
and you wonder the sudden fall of Abba Kyari.
the innocent souls he killed and oppressed are after him

18 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 7:21am On Mar 24, 2022
Eventually I remember this girl case o
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by samista: 7:30am On Mar 24, 2022
God bless her

7 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Aboks(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2022
Eya fine girl
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:18am On Mar 24, 2022
sharap abeg..Men no dey do aproko. face front

PussyOdour:

MadamVanessa

7 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

[s]People pay so much for Freedom, there's no easy walk to freedom. Alot of sacrifices have to be made before one actually get Freedom.

If what is happening to igbos did not happened, then I would have lost hope in this course, but since there's so much ordeals face by the igbos everyday regarding this course then their freedom is sure, their freedom is near , their freedom is already here.

I must commend them for being so resilient and tenacious and believing so much in the dream of their fathers and forefathers.

They accused them falsely so they can thwart their effort , and killed their hope in what they believe in, but surprisingly these people are not giving up, they're doing all they can to get liberated at all cost.

I am so proud of you baby girl, to me you're my hero, you deserve nothing but so much respect , you've paid your price in this course and you'll never be forgotten. Posterity will be so kind to you dear. God bless you darling.[/s]
And you're paying yours online , ewu

3 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Jostoman: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Locking this innocent girl up for 9 month without charging her to court and whenever they travel outside the country for EU and ECOWAS meeting they will be talking about human rights they are not practicing at home in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Racoon(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2022
Freedom at last. God will continue to vindicate His own.

7 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by unclejb2(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2022
Freedom is near, freedom is here.

To all my brethren who have been imprisoned at one time or the other for the Biafra dream, you guys are our heroes.

To all those who have paid the supreme sacrifice with their lives, we shall never forget.

To Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, despite your faults and human errors, we love and cherish you. You are stronger than your enemies. We would stand with you all through this times of tribulations. Victory is sure.

Biafra means freedom

14 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by DoctorOlasDesk: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
Na wa. DSS are criminals. They just wanted to suffer this girl. People should fight for her compensation. Atleast 50M for wasting months of her life

6 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by GardenOfGod(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
Good news... Go and sin no more.
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by BigBelleControl(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2022
Arrested for befriending a suspected IPOB member and tagged an IPOB spy?

Hope they charged her to court or she sues for fundamental himan right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by qekng40(f): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Watch how ethnic bigots run over to this thread. smiley

I'm out grin
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Btaipei(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Let her use this opportunity and apply for canada visa

1 Like

Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Mooh247: 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Go and sin no more
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by Vinstel: 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Happy Freedom my dear
Re: Glory Okolie Regains Freedom After 9 Months In Detention (Pix) by sapientia(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2022
Gutter journalism

She is an innocent girl kidnapped by the Nigerian police

It's that simple

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Headless Mob Is Masturbating Over Nothing - Tinubu Lawyer Ogala / "Orji Uzor Kalu For President 2019" Posters Spotted In Surulere, Lagos (Photos) / Police Teargas Peter Obi Supporters In Ebonyi, Arrest Some (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.