Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Group Sets Agenda For Diezani, Urges Her To Sack Gmd Nnpc - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Group Sets Agenda For Diezani, Urges Her To Sack Gmd Nnpc (971 Views)

Hilarious No Smoking Sign At An Nnpc Mega Station (pictured) / GMB Victory: Capital Market Gain N224b Yesterday, Sets Agenda For APC govt! / Court Sends Skye Bank GMD To Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Group Sets Agenda For Diezani, Urges Her To Sack Gmd Nnpc by eliteweb(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2011
http://spynewsng.com/?p=324

By Jimmy Lace, Warri.

AN advocacy group, Niger Delta Indigenous Movement for Radical Change, has set agenda for the newly sworn-in Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, imploring her to go ahead and implement the Local Content Policy fully.

The group also warned those that had waged war against her coming back to the Petroleum Ministry to put an immediate end to such things or risk the wrath of the people of the Niger Delta region.

“We are glad that our daughter, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke is back as Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister; this has been our prayer. We are solidly behind you, go ahead and give full implementation to the Local Content Policy and look at ways that you can also encourage your own people from the Niger Delta region that have invested heavily to build up capacity for the oil industry; let their issue be your first priority,” the group said in a statement.

In the statement issued few hours after her being sworn in as Petroleum Minister again the group in a statement signed by its President, Nelly Emma (Cross Rivers), John Sailor, Secretary (Bayelsa) and Mukoro Stanley, Public Relations Officer (Delta), advised the new Petroleum Minister to fire the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Engr. Austen Oniwon if she must succeed in office.

They wrote; “Honourable Petroleum Ministry, before you can succeed, the GMD of the NNPC must be fired; the Managing Directors of Shell and Chevron Nigeria Limited should be removed.”

Their agenda for the newly sworn-in Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister also include the revocation of all contracts already awarded to Saipem, Daewoo, Acergy and OPI, claiming that “they are the people manipulating things with those in NNPC in order to milk the nation dry and prevent our people from picking jobs in the oil and gas industry.”

According to the group; “As part of their strategy to frustrate our people, SPDC, Chevron Nigeria Limited, Total E&P, Agip and ExxonMobil have packaged oil major projects in onshore and offshore , including pipelines, installation of jackets, fabrication of jackets and oil well heads from 2011 to 2016 to Saipem, Daewoo, Acergy and OPI. These major contracts have been packaged for these companies and this is where they are really ripping off our economy. Even the GMD of the NNPC, Engr. Austen Oniwon is aware of this game plan. We want the Petroleum Minister to act fast now by ensuring that these jobs that have been programmed for these companies from 2011 to 2016 are revoked.”

The Niger Delta Indigenous Movement for Radical Change made it clear that; “Let it be known today that we are not going to take it easy with anybody again standing on the way of our hard working daughter, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke; they should stop threatening her. She is out to reform the oil sector and she should be allowed to do this important assignment for the nation. Those of them who have been threatening her and coming out with dirty reports against her should desist from such things because she is doing a good job for the betterment of all. Leave Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke alone this time around. She is a square peg in a square hole. We know those behind the brazen campaign of calumny against her and we know what they are up to, but enough is enough.

“When she came on board, she made the Local Content Policy to work effectively and she made a lot of people to invest in capacity building in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria because of the hope that they have in Niger Delta region. It is no longer a secret that our oil is being taken away by others and our sister and daughter did everything possible to end this theft of our oil and we know now that she is back to the familiar terrain, she is going to do more in this direction and we will crush anybody or group of persons trying to stand on her way. She is our daughter who is out to clean up the system and we are solidly behind her,” the group said.

Mrs. Alison-Maudeke had said during her screening by the Senate on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 that the strong objection to her nomination especially from the oil and gas industry she superintended over was not unconnected with the fact that she stepped on “powerful big and small toes,” while in office.

Her opposition came mostly from the oil and gas industry where major multinationals have been fingered to be leading the antagonism against her appointment over alleged introduction of certain reforms in the industry which put the oil majors at a disadvantage.

“The issue of my name having come up in the papers most recently had been one I have found extremely vicious and most unfortunate. First of all, to the best of my knowledge, this distinguished House has never indicted me for anything. If it had, I will not be standing here today. I have never carried out any project without following the due process when I was a Minister,” the new Petroleum Minister had stated during her screening.

Mrs. Alison-Madueke had also said that; “It’s unfortunate that in a sector that carries the entire economy, when you try to implement policies and programmes, people resist them and begin to attack you.”
Re: Group Sets Agenda For Diezani, Urges Her To Sack Gmd Nnpc by playmode(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2011
Sometime i wonder if the Niger Delta people are on a constant high.They are WELCOMING her back undecided What did she do when she was there before A recycled cretin comes back to earn a huge salary and do absolutely nothing *sigh* Everyday i come to realize how daft most Nigerians really are.

(1) (Reply)

Information On Recharge Card Printing / Escaping The 9-5 Syndrome / Good News To Betonmarkets Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.